Both the Mystery Skulls & Forever albums by Mystery Skulls

-------------
    BASICS
    -------------

Name: Hoshimi Chi Akumu
    Sexuality: Poly-Pansexual
    Sign: Libra ♏
    Nationality: Japanese American
    Voice: Somewhere in between Sayaka Suzuki & Kou Shibasaki leaning towards Kou

-------------
    APPEARANCE
    -------------

Spoiler: Hoshimi (4 pics) 

Hoshimi-san is a part of the pastel goth subculture and loves cute/creepy things to no end, expressing that a little loudly in her wardrobe. Her style involves a combination of pastels and blacks and a strange fashion that can make her simultaneously appear cheery and fun, as well as dark and unapproachable.

Spoiler: Style (2 pics) 

She always has her nails painted, constantly sports some unique and almost creepy doll-like contact lenses, and she keeps up with her dyed hair very well, keeping it's pastel color of it by constantly bleaching and redyeing it in her spare time. Her hair is usually a light pink, but she'll occasionally get wild and dye it lavender, sky, white, silver, or sometimes even black if she's feeling dark enough; this is very rare for her, however.

Her nails are cute, fun, and pretty half the time with very minimal color or just a pink tint, or jet black depending on the day and her outfit. She avoids hyper-excessive jewelry and make-up, but is still a bit of a fashionista in her own right and wears more than the average person. She has a soft spot for exciting, fun, and cute stockings, lingerie, and accessories.

Never has she come to school without either heels, platforms, or creepers to make her far taller than she is, and as a result she tends to tower above a lot of her classmates. Still, she gained her mother's Japanese genes and naturally stands at a height of 5'7" without her shoes - the average Japanese male height, above average for females.

Spoiler: Tattoos (4 pics) 

When she is not completely dolled up, her natural eye color is a deep emerald green and her hair a dark auburn-y brown. She has several tattoos and some piercings as well that are easier shown than explained. Her piercing jewelry is usually black, but occasionally she'll go with her stainless steel/silver jewelry instead.

Spoiler: Piercings (2 pics) 

She takes her health very seriously, taking pride in her appearance, and constantly has radiant skin and shining hair, which gives her a bit of a natural glow. Her frame is on the bony side, but she has curves like you wouldn't believe despite her petite chest and waist. She's a very attractive woman, and while a bit strange, a very fashionable member of her sub-culture.

-------------
    ACADEMICS & SKILLS
    -------------

Major: Chemistry
    Minor: Business

Major Skill:
    Proficient in Embalming and Restorative Arts (Taxidermy)

Secondary Skills:
    (1) Can Speak, Read, and Write Fluent Japanese & English
    (2) Has a Blue Belt in MMA
    (3) A bit of Metallurgic know-how (only used in Jewelry & Accessory Making)

-------------
    ATTRIBUTES
    -------------

Strength: 6
    Dexterity: 6
    Intelligence: 8
    Knowledge: 6
    Charisma: 3
    Luck: 4

-------------
    PERSONALITY // BIO
    -------------

Hoshimi-san was born in Osaka, Japan, and raised between America and Japan, her parents flip-flopping between the two countries frequently. Her mother was a native-born Japanese woman, her father an all-American man, so she got some starkly different extended family members, but loves them all to death. She never minded traveling so much, and in fact enjoyed being raised into two cultures quite immensely.

Unfortunately she suffered socially, having a hard time keeping stable friendships due to her constant moving and consistently changing schedule. She was lucky to have family and the internet at her side to quell her social needs, but overall she became a rather reserved individual with an appreciation for her alone time.

Hoshimi considers herself to be a positive realist, but due to being so overly realistic, many people perceive her realism incorrectly as pessimism. Due to her above-average intelligence she has a tendency to be a bit narcissistic at times, but her heart is always in the right place. She's a pretty nice, open, and accepting person once you get to know her, but she can seem a bit off beat at times otherwise. Her family was always wealthy enough to afford a lot of excess things, so she's a tad spoiled, but she recognizes and appreciates this and doesn't try to take advantage of her family's hospitality. She's very thankful and gratuitous, and while cautious and wary of people taking advantage of her, she is a pretty giving person. Regardless, she does not take shit from anybody, and will be just as quick to crack a whip if she thinks you're getting out of hand as she will be to cut anyone out of her life who betrays her trust. As long as you're respectful, reasonable, and civil, she's actually quite an easy going and laid back individual. She takes criticism well, so long as it's constructive, and is even open to it nearly anytime.

After a long time of honing her skills, she has decided that she wants to become a mortician. She spent a summer as a mortician's apprentice and really enjoyed her work, but felt that animals were typically tossed aside, leaving pet-owners, zookeepers, and rescuers distraught; she hopes to remedy that by opening her very own funeral home and crematory for animals, hence her Major and Minor.
    -------------
    OTHER
    -------------

Casual Smoker; Vegetarian

Sake, Vodka, Music, Internet, Anime, Manga, Comics, Books, Reading, Animals, Seafood, Fruit, Horror, Suspense, Contentment, Laughter & Laughing, Pink, Food, Sweets
    DISLIKES:
    Surprises, Beer, Crying, Unnecessary Loud, Anger, Childish People, Children, Crowds, Excessive Uncleanliness, Disorder/Disarray/Clutter

-------------
    EXAMPLE POST
    -------------

I point you in the direction of a currently stand-still project of mine, Ambivilance and my character Renee's bio (very bottom spoiler), which simultaneously display my variety of skills from poetic to script, melancholic to humorous respectively. They also show how fragging wordy I am, if you can appreciate that lolz

If you're looking for an RP post, check my sig > About me ♥ > Like my style? Check out my other RP's here, to see all the RP's I'm currently a part of that I personally thing display my best, current work. Alternatively, every RP I've taken part in is linked here.

If you'd prefer more of a character bio-esque examples, see my character locker 2.0 here.
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 05-03-2015 at 03:11 AM.

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This Club is a Haunted House
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

"Unbreakable" by Stratovarius
    &&&
    "Stardust" by Xandria

------
    Basics
    ------

Name: Aiden Calixto McGyver
    Sex: Male
    Ethnicity & Culture: British/Scottish
    Sexuality: Pansexual
    Sign: Cancer

------
    Appearance
    ------

Spoiler: He's the one on the right; the 2nd pic is of his face behind the mask 

Fashion/Subculture: Cyber Goth
    Hair Color: Blood Red, Black, Dark Blue, or Purple (usually red or black)
    -----Natural Hair Color: Black
    Eye Color: Blood Red, Yellow, or Purple (usually red)
    -----Natural Eye Color: Swamp Green

------
    Personality
    ------

See "sign" link for source.

Cancerians are very defensive creatures – defensive of themselves, their friends and family. They have a very strong and formidable defensive fort in his psyche. He is not intimidated that easily and can sometimes take an aggressive stand in order to protect himself emotionally from transgresses of others. Anyone who intentionally or unintentionally jeopardizes their or their close ones’ dignity or self-respect, you will feel fended off or even pinned down. But if you persevere and gain their trust with time (which you most definitely will if your intentions are honest), you will see the soft, caring and considerate inner self – because now you are one of the protected.
    Their family is very important for them, and comes at the top in the list of priorities. They make excellent parents, but are not so good at letting go of their children when the situation requires it which again tells us about their protective self. They also happen to be very emotional and often fall into the depths of nostalgia. No wonder they have an excellent memory – they hardly miss a piece of detail about their past. Cancerian children start out being extremely sensitive and emotionally fragile, but with time they develop their protective and affectionate self. So if you see your Cancerian kid taking care of a younger brother or sister or the family pet, be sure that your kid is growing up.
    To their loved ones, Cancerians present their most soft and mellow self. So they may overreact to incidents and tend to be very moody at times. But they are very sensual and can be the best of companions. They can get hurt by their companions very easily, but are in no way weak. They can strike back with equal force and venom.
    ------
    Bio
    ------

Aiden's birth was an accident. It resulted of a broken condom at a party back when his parents were young and wild and didn't care about the bible nearly as much as they did their suppressed sex drives. In order to cover up their mistake, the two spontaneously married, claiming that they must have gotten pregnant on their wedding night. Two mistakes in already, the two made a third mistake in baring another child - Astrid - and thinking a couple children would make things all work out. They fought constantly, and were ceaselessly angry at one another for no real reason. It was only a matter of time before they got divorced. The children were separated, the parents taking the children they thought resembled themselves the most and their former spouses the least, and went back to their homelands to live closer to their families. Still, the two had little regard for their children, their mother wishing for Astrid to become her mother reborn, and their father wanting Aiden to live the life his father regretted never living. The two sent each other letters in secret, however, and despite being so far from one another, grew up similarly as they would have together.

Raised by uptight parents with little regard for their feelings, thoughts, or opinions, it was only natural that Aiden and Astrid would rebel to seek attention. The two found themselves invested in the Gothic subculture, where people were artistic and typically more open-minded. Their parents didn't approve of this, finding the attire too anti-social for their desires, but when their children delved into the world of modeling and proved that there was a chance that they could actually make a living off of their odd interests, the divorcees gave into their children, attempting to work around it. Discovering their children were gay, however? A completely different story.

Their mother was the first to react, and completely despised the very thought of it. She immediately filed the papers for their father to take her full time, thinking that perhaps her daughter simply lacked the discipline necessary to set her straight...literally. Their father agreed, having also found out about his son's obscure sexuality, and took her in, on the condition she and her brother get therapy and treatment for their "disease." Accepting any chance at a reunion, the two accepted the proposal, and until they were old enough to legally fend for themselves, lived under their father's roof. When they reached adulthood and still weren't "cured," their father kicked them out, making crude remarks about how they had proven in the past that they could make a living off of their "childish interests" and that they didn't need their father if they were going to "treat him so poorly."

Karma worked her magic in the worst of ways, and only days later when the children were on their last legs did their father die in a car accident. He'd never actually created a proper last will and testament, however, so who was the rightful owner of his rather large estate was a matter of who had the best lawyer. At the end of the day, Aiden and Astrid's father's parents - of whom they'd never met before his passing - had the most power, and turned over the estate to the children. They now enjoy living off of their father's money, have a loving relationship with their grandparents, and are enjoying life for a short while as they strive for their goals with support and not oppression.

{read Astrid's backstory for a prettier telling of their back story}

------
    Other
    ------

• Elder brother of Astrid
    • Heavy Drinker
    • Smoker (cigarettes & hookah)
    • Vegetarian
    • Ex-Model
    • Unpublished Novelist
    • Tattoo Artist
    • Piercer
    • Aspiring Gothic Metal Singer

~LIKES~
    Visual Kei | Gothic Metal music | Black | Red | Horror Movies | Books | Graphic Novels | Vodka | Cherries | Cranberries | Tattoos | Piercings | Eggs | Coffee | The Occult | Fog | Stars | The Moon

~DISLIKES~
    Sports | Pop music | Happy Endings | Meat | The Smell of Paint | Snow
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 03-08-2015 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This Club is a Haunted House
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

"Forevermore" by Xandria
    &&&
    "Stardust" by Xandria

------
    Basics
    ------

Name: Astrid Belle McGyver
    Sex: Female
    Ethnicity & Culture: British/Scottish
    Sexuality: Lesbian
    Sign: Libra

------
    Appearance
    ------

She has a large collection of wigs she loves to wear, and an even larger collection of make up.

Spoiler: Black and blonde wigs (her favorites) 

Spoiler: Natural - no makeup/wig 

Fashion/Subculture: Elegant/Victorian Goth
    Natural Hair Color: Black
    Natural Eye Color: Ice Blue

------
    Personality
    ------

See "sign" link for source.

Libra, the 7th Sign of the Zodiac, is represented by the symbol of the Balancing Scales. Naturally, the buzzword here is ‘Balance’. Unsurprisingly, most Libra individuals are balancers – of varying degrees. Also, since a pair of Scales always has two aspects, two sides – Libra-born too has two sides to his/ her personality and thinking. Yet, unlike Gemini, the most Libra individuals don’t let this aspect rule their personalities. They are, rather, what you would call, as ‘the weighing options and then deciding (and picking the peaceful option) kinds’. They value fairness and justice above most things, and are natural soothers and harmonizers. On their own, most Libras will steer clear of conflict or arguments, and would also not prefer to create or cause conflicts and disagreements. Owing to this trait, they make for good team players. Friendly, amiable and attractive, Libra individuals are also quite popular among their friends, more so because they tend to play able, trustworthy and balanced team strategists for their groups. However, many a Libra are found to be too manipulative or stubborn – for their own good. They can be critical of others’ ways, fixed in their own or may be too manipulative; and, they can be quite difficult to manage, once they get into any of these modes. Good thing is that most Libra-born are able to effectively reign in this side of their personality, rather using the gift of tact and diplomacy to get positive results. In relationships, the Scales or Libra are very loving and careful. They make for beautiful, elegant partners, always well turned out, and are a treat to be taken along on dates, parties and social dos. Most Libra-born are graceful, polite and admire beauty in all its forms. They love a good life!
    ------
    Bio
    ------

Once Upon a Time
    There were two good children
    who didn't like to go outside to play.
    Celtic were they
    in every which way
    but mostly in ancestry.
    They were brother and sister
    a miss and a mister
    who much liked coffee and tea.
    They lived on the border
    of two separate orders.
    Yet still this space,
    could not erase
    their gay sexuality.

Separated at birth
    no amount of earth
    could part their deep sibling bond.
    So always in secret
    the duo would frequent
    letters to which to respond.

The sister was raised by her mother
    who was much like many other:
    "You're a lady," she said
    "not a housewife of dread,
    so with this 'gothique' you cannot bother."

To show her mother
    she was unlike the others
    the girl took up a career
    A model was she
    Pretty as could be
    even if her dress was a pinch queer.

Thinking her dress
    was meant to impress
    many boys and men with her style,
    her mother was shocked
    to now know her daughter gawked
    at women and girls with guile.

"What do you think?"
    the girl dared to ask,
    and her mother bore an aggressive opinion.
    Whatever she thought
    She certainly ought
    to have kept it separate of her religion.
    "How dare you!" she said
    "Are you brain dead!?
    How could you do this to your mother!?"
    So that poor sister
    went to her mister
    the King of Rebellion, her brother.

"Dear brother of mine,"
    she said with sublime,
    "I love you oh so dearly.
    Thank you for taking me in
    and being a friend
    when I needed one oh so clearly."
    "'twas no big deal,"
    He replied with zeal,
    "There is just one favor that I ask..."
    Her brother aspired
    to reach much higher
    than the very stars above.
    A singer was he,
    yet rather poignantly,
    his lyrics were nothing to be proud of.

His sister agreed to write his songs
    in exchange for her brother righting her wrongs,
    which worked well until they were older.
    Their father the homemaker
    was in all actuality a faker
    and spontaneously gave them the cold shoulder.
    "You're 18,"
    he said, rather mean,
    "Time to grow up and learn how to please.
    Be mature, or find a cure
    for this abhorrent homosexual disease."

Little did he know
    that although
    he wasn't a very good father,
    he would die in a car crash
    and karma would laugh
    because with the will he didn't bother.

All his riches
    didn't go to his bitches
    nor their mother a country away.
    "No no," their grandparents would say to his wife
    "Now his children take precedence.
    Though it's quite bold,
    we refuse to withhold
    his final repayment for his negligence."

So now the duo
    have their own studio
    and no longer are told what to do.
    They live their life
    with little strive
    not caring if they have some screws loose.

{read Aiden's backstory for a clearer, more detailed telling of their back story}

------
    Other
    ------

• Younger sister of Aiden
    • Heavy Smoker (cigarettes, hookah, vaporizers, & weed)
    • Social Drinker
    • Vegetarian
    • Poet & Song Writer
    • Model
    • Photographer
    • Aspiring Falconer

~LIKES~
    Visual Kei | Gothic Metal music | Black | Horror Movies | Books | Video Games | Dead Flowers | Strawberries | Tea | Bagels | Biscuits | Baked Goods | The Occult | Rain | Stars | The Moon | Swimming

~DISLIKES~
    Glitter | Mushy Romance | Meat | Sunshine | Heat
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 09-28-2015 at 05:00 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

{Old} Wolves, The Split!
    {OOC} {CS}
    {Remake} The Second Silhouette
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

Spoiler: Old CS - Wolves, The Split! 

"The Call of the Mountains" by Eluveitie

-----
    BASICS
    -----

Name: Lynwood
    Pack: N/A
    Species: Purebred Wolf
    Sub-Species: Mexican Grey Wolf
    Sign: Aries

-----
    APPEARANCE
    -----

Lynwood is certainly what you'd call a "pretty boy." He's got flowing grey fur that fades to a coppery brown in all the right places, accented by just the right amount of white. His body is limber and thin, his muzzle taut, and his eyes a gorgeous amber. The bulk of his form is mostly his fur, which forms a slight mane around his neck and makes him appear larger than he is. When stood face to face with another male wolf, however, nine times out of ten, he is at least 1/3 smaller than them.

-----
    PERSONALITY
    -----

Element: Fire
    Ruling Planets: Mars
    Symbol: The Ram
    Stone: Diamond
    Life Pursuit: The thrill of the moment
    Vibration: Enthusiastic
    Aries Secret Desire: To lead the way for others.

{read the linked zodiac personality explanation for more details on his personality}
    Lynwood is a cocky sort whose arrogance both gets him into trouble and out of it. His attitude towards life is optimistic, but occasionally he has spurts of crushing depression that leave him completely unmotivated for days at a time; life as a lone wolf is as lonely as the title implies. He's a bit awkward, but he's very playful and friendly towards most other creatures. A bit of a daredevil, Lynwood finds getting into scraps part of the joy of life, and finds a major thrill in the adrenaline rush he gets when hunting or in a tussle. He considers himself an adventurer as opposed to a loner, and has dreams of finding a mate who understands and loves his free spirit and wandering nature.

-----
    HISTORY
    -----

Hailing from a pack from far across the lands, Lynwood was originally the runt of the litter of several of the Alpha's pups. Out of them all, strangely Lynwood was the one his father saw the most potential in. Lynwood disagreed, and his father - a stern, harsh beast with thin patience and a quick temper - told him that if he wasn't going to contribute to the pack then he was unwelcome. He was barely a year old then, and had to survive his first winter all alone. He's since survived three more without his pack, and been wandering in search for a purpose ever since. If that doesn't attest to his strength of will, incredible cunning, and adaptability, nothing will.

-----
    OTHER
    -----

• Quick and nimble; uses his speed and acrobatics quite well
    • Not very physically strong. Relies heavily on his teeth, speed, and creativity to get him out of sticky situations
    • Is rather intelligent about the wilderness, and knows his way around a forest, plains, or really anywhere
    • Not very sharp socially, and oftentimes finds himself in the most trouble when encountering other wolves
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 05-06-2015 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Box
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

Name: Florence ♥
    Spoiler: box ♥ 

Spoiler: voice ♥ (I'm a music box after all, so this is very important information~) 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 03-11-2015 at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Legends :: The Beginning
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

Spoiler: Musical Inspiration 

------
    BASICS
    ------

Name: Cyneheard (sign-heard)
    Nickname: Cyne (pronounced "sin") or Cinder
    Attack Propensity: Venom
    Secondary Skill: Strength

------
    APPEARANCE
    ------

He's still young, so his feathers pretty much just cling close to his body. He's told that as he grows and matures more, he will develop a long train of feathers that encompass his serpentine tail and the clinging feathers will trail up his wings. He will also develop long, golden horns, and his limbs will callous with thicker scales that give them a more bird-like appearance, but in the meantime this is what he looks like in his youth.

Because of the size of his wings currently, he has a hard time flying, and the heavy feathers he's covered in that will only get more heavy as he matures certainly contribute to this. On that note, Cyne much prefers running and gliding to flying whenever possible. He also has a knack for climbing, leaping, and jumping, and tends to get places quicker when allowed to utilize his agility as opposed to his stamina. Cinder has a acidic spit that he is learning to essentially vomit on command as well as a potently venomous bite. Verbally, his calls sound like the combination of a screeching bird and a roaring lion, or of either or more particularly depending on his mood.

His actions can be more snake-like or more bird-like depending on the situation and his mood. The more curious, chipper, and/or playful he feels, the more he twitches and flicks his head and feathers like a bird. The more sly, elitist, and/or sadistic he feels, the more snake-like he gets, slinking around quietly and sneakily, and/or bowing or raising his head as an intimidation tactic. When irritated or nervous, his feathers puff up and ruffle, giving him a fluffier, larger appearance that puts off other dragons, and when calm his feathers lay flat and smooth against his body.

------
    PERSONALITY
    ------

In the wild, you'll find that most predators are the flashiest, most colorful creatures because you don't need to blend in with your surroundings when you have powerful, natural weaponry at your disposal. Being so bright works in a predator's favor, as it draws in the prey with little to no work on the predator's part, and Cyneheard is no exception.

There are only three words you need to describe Cyne: Independent, Majestic, and Intimidating.

Cyne isn't exactly love-able and has an incredibly hard time making friends, let alone keeping them. He has a personality similar to what every human expects of a dragon: Independent, introverted, temperamental, stubborn - not unlike a tiger. He doesn't like others, and doesn't play well with them for a reason. He much prefers to be left to his own thoughts, and doesn't enjoy someone else's company ruining the peace of a calm afternoon.

For such a beautiful dragon, his personality is pretty disgusting. Cyne is unforgiving, cold, and cynical. He revels in a dark sadism that even fellow dragons oftentimes regard as disturbing, has egotistical tendencies, and is as far from "fun" as one can possibly be most of the time. Due to these traits, Cyneheard has been told that he was born out of his time, that he is more like the type of dragon most knights would expect to find lurking in castles among their sprawling hoards of glittering riches, waiting for their next kill purely for the thrill of it. Fortunately for man, Cinder is far from materialistic, but unfortunately for man, he's hardly one to sit around and wait for someone to come begging to get their throat torn out; he enjoys the thrill of the hunt. Often he is told that he has a maturity beyond his years mistaken for wisdom, but it doesn't take long to realize that this is easily lost in his brooding fury. He's a dragon with enough wits to get him by, but his true power comes from his brute strength and the terrifying demeanor behind it. He's a rather private dragon, preferring to let his personal thoughts and feelings slip between the cracks in favor of hard facts, unless his emotions are part in parcel to his distastes of a particular thing or creature.

Despite this thick, tall wall Cyne has built around his heart, given the time, effort, and energy necessary to peek past the veil, one would find a protective guardian willing to give his life for his loved ones, a powerful ally who will fight tooth and nail for his values against all odds, a beautiful appreciation for life and the earth around him, a sense of adventure and wonder incomparable to anyone else in vigor and vitality, and a passionate friend who loves and feels deeper than most people and dragons alike.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Second Silhouette
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

"Hekate" by Faun
    (Don't speak German? Read the translated lyrics here~)

-----
    BASICS
    -----

Name: Augustus (goes by August)
    Pack: Starset
    Sub-Species: Alexander Archipelago wolf // Southern Alaskan Wolf
    Sign: Taurus

-----
    APPEARANCE
    -----

August has silky black fur that's thick and tough, tough enough to stand the harsh winters of his great great Grandfather's homeland in old day human Alaska. There are a few strands of white that accent his strongest muscles: his chest, his shoulders, and his neck, which are large and solid. The first thing you notice about August, however, are his eyes: a dead silvery blue-white, his eyes pop from his fur in an almost sinister way, watching you warily. He is the spitting image of sleek, strong, and powerful - an authority figure in appearance just as he is in personality.

-----
    PERSONALITY
    -----

Element: Earth
    Ruling Planets: Venus
    Symbol: The Bull
    Stone: Emerald
    Life Pursuit: Emotional and Financial Security
    Vibration: Determined Energy
    Aries Secret Desire: To have a secure, happy, and wealthy life/marriage.

{read the linked zodiac personality explanation for more details on his personality}
    August is a tough old beast, ready to tear your spine out through your jugular if you try to go toe to toe with him. He's full of pride, yet humble, and cold but also protective - protective of his pack and all he holds dear. His heart is hard as stone and he's a wolf of few howls, but that just makes what he does have to say all the more important to listen to. His silence leaves him rather detached and a bit scary to all but his mate who knows of the softness within. The saying he lives by is "survival of the fittest."

-----
    BIO
    -----

August was born out of season, named for his birthday as a reminder of all he went through to merely be alive. His parents weren't infertile, but pregnancy was a tough mountain to climb, and the wolves took whatever young they could get despite the odd timing. The largest of the small litter of four, August was the only one to survive that winter, and has kept surviving ever since. He errs on the side of caution, but whenever things get tough he's always been there for his pack; there's an old story the elders tell the youths that he once single-pawed brought down a bear simply so that his pack would have a cave to spend their winters in. Whether this is true or not August has never confirmed nor denied, but knowing how much of a beast August is, it's not completely unbelievable.

-----
    OTHER
    -----

• Similar to his parents, has a tough time baring pups
    • Enjoys fighting
    • Has an extremely powerful jaw
    • Absolutely loathes squirrels
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 05-10-2015 at 01:48 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Second Silhouette
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

"Shudder Before the Beautiful" by Nightwish

-----
    BASICS
    -----

Name: Chrysanthe (Nicknames = Crystal, Medusa)
    Pack: Moonrise
    Sub-Species: Maned Wolf
    Sign: Sagittarius

-----
    APPEARANCE
    -----

Towering above her fellow packmates, Crystal is truly a sight to behold, a pillar of beauty and power not unlike an ancient Egyptian Goddess. She has a rough, fluffy coat that flairs up the more frustrated or on edge she is, but softens when she's content. She has a howl that differs greatly from most, an accent if you will, similar to the cackles of a hyena on account of her homeland; her growl sounds a lot like hissing, hence her nickname Medusa. Only her pack can refer to her as Crystal without her getting extremely angry.

-----
    PERSONALITY
    -----

Element: Fire
    Ruling Planets: Jupiter
    Symbol: The Archer
    Stone: Turquoise
    Life Pursuit: To live the good life
    Vibration: Overly expressive - frequent burnouts
    Aries Secret Desire: To make a difference in the world.

A free spirit and a dreamer, but intimidating and fierce, Medusa is the embodiment of fire - beautiful from afar, but it can and will burn you if you aren't too careful. Her authority and height combined often make her appear at first glance to be the supreme Alpha, but she would much rather allow her mate to do the talking, sitting back and analyzing the foe from afar. She isn't really interested in politics and is more of a peacekeeper and teacher than she is a leader. She finds it hard to sit still for too long, and oftentimes goes on long walks and hunts either on her own or with her mate to keep her wandering spirit at bay.

-----
    BIO
    -----

When she was just a tiny little pup, Crystal traveled with her parents and grandparents all across a desert far, far to the east. It was a hot land, but a land they adapted to well enough with the help of some Hyenas they befriended and lived off the fruits of an oasis they lived in. Her and her family stayed with these hyenas for a few years until her grandmother died, her final request to rest her soul in the forest she grew up in. Crystal's parents had no interest in leaving, but Crystal's heart reached out to her grandfather and she refused to leave his side. Not having the same pack mentality as most wolves, her parents approved, finding it good that she wanted to lead her own life, and she said her goodbyes to them to travel with her grandpa to the forest far away.

At first, Crystal intended on continuing her travels on her own once she'd assisted her grandfather, but his aching soul led her to pack Moonrise shortly before his passing, where the Alpha male imprinted on her and her on him. Knowing how much their pack needed an Alpha and not wanting to tear him from them, she agreed to stay, and hasn't traveled far from her pack since.

-----
    OTHER
    -----

• Prefers stealthy methods of combat
    • Taller than all other wolves in her pack
    • Refers to home as "The Sands"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The Second Silhouette
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

"Panic" by Caravan Palace

-----
    BASICS
    -----

Name: Raum
    Allegiance: Starset
    Species: Raven
    Sub-Species: Common // Northern
    Sign: Aquarius

-----
    APPEARANCE
    -----

-----
    PERSONALITY
    -----

Element: Air
    Ruling Planets: Uranus
    Symbol: The Water Bearer
    Stone: Amethyst
    Life Pursuit: To understand life's mysteries
    Vibration: High Frequency
    Aries Secret Desire: To be unique and original.

Basically a mish-mash of an 80 year old man trapped in the body of a bird with the stubbornness of a mule and the curiosity of a wolf pup. As easy to love as he is to hate, this old bird will just as gladly tell you what's on his mind as he will sit back and enjoy the show. If you had to describe him in but two words, it would probably be wise and obnoxious.

-----
    BIO
    -----

He came from somewhere outside the forest and doesn't like to talk about it. Fairly mysterious, this bird fancy's the qualms of wolves and serves as a guide and friend to August. His guidance is rather minimal, however; what he would claim his purpose for sticking around is is for entertainment.

-----
    OTHER
    -----

• Pretty massive for a raven; 1.5 the regular size
    • Has a cackle-like caw that sounds almost like manacle laughter

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The False King's Grimoire
    {OOC} {IC} {CS}

Spoiler: Musical Inspiration 

------
    BASICS
    ------

Name: Kamala Esha Russell

------
    POWER
    ------

Time
    Taking on the power of time itself, the user of this magic can manipulate the flow of time through "time fields", a limited area set out by the caster in which time functions differently than outside it, whether it passes slower, faster, or is stopped completely. A master of time magic can use its powers to manipulate the battlefield to their liking, slowing or stopping enemies and speeding up their allies. This power can also be used to reverse a broken object to before it was broken, or age an object or material to the point where it has eroded from existence. However, these time fields only stay up for as long as the caster sustains them, and the larger and more numerous these fields are, the more energy it drains from the caster.

------
    APPEARANCE
    ------

Spoiler: 6 Pics 

A literal American Indian, Esha is the daughter of a Sikh mother and an American father, and has genetically gotten the best of both worlds. She has been blessed with a skin tone between her mother's lovely deep brown and her father's fair white, resulting in a beautiful pale copper skin tone. Her hazel eyes were definitely from her father's side, but her thick chestnut locks were from her mother's side for certain. Her mother also passed on her incredible metabolism, and her father gave her his height, resulting in a 5'10"; 130 lbs. beauty (177.8 cm; 59 kg). She has a pretty graceful figure, looking to be fit, but not buff, with a flat tummy, long legs, high cheekbones, plump yet small lips, that all give her a look that many of her peers would consider incredibly attractive.

As an athletic girl, Esha's body is thin and less curvaceous, though she has naturally wide hips to make up for this. She is a slight bit bony, but she's certainly not lanky or sickly looking. She's oftentimes told she has a model's form, or a ballerina body. Though she doesn't like caking make-up on, she enjoys playing with her make-up now and again, and wears it in a way that makes her look older than she is. This on top of her height get her occasionally mixed up for a teacher as opposed to a student.

Esha has a rather Bohemian and urban sense of style that is reminiscent of 70's flower children, but less flashy. During more formal events, she typically wears traditional Sikh clothes, including a dupatta. How traditional her appearance is depends on what type of event she's at and how formal she's expected to dress. A creative soul, she typically slightly alters her school uniform to reflect her personality better without making any dress code violations...except for her henna tattoos, those are definitely against school policies, but she does it anyway and gets away with it since most of her peers are ignorant enough to think this cultural artwork is somehow religiously affiliated, and the school doesn't want to touch that with a ten foot pole.

------
    PERSONALITY
    ------

Short Version
    Down to Earth, Emotional, Peaceful, Kind, Fun, Intelligent, Introverted yet Sociable, Like-able

Descriptive
    Pretty fun and easy going, Esha is the cool kid pretty much everyone knows, but wouldn't necessarily call "popular." As a socially accepted outcast, if you will, Esha is at worst called a hipster or a hippie, and at best a chill girl who is as touch with her heritage as she can be without being raised within the culture.

Esha is an incredibly gifted and intelligent girl with a wisdom beyond her years that is both a reason she can get along so well with all her peers and is the very reason she feels so disconnected from them all the time. She's a straight A student save for any of her technology classes, which she does about average in due to lack of interest. She's definitely and outdoors-y person, and has a hard time keeping up with technology most of the time. She's perfectly satisfied with her clunky old flip phone as long as it does it's job, and doesn't update her computer unless she absolutely has to - she has no need on account of the little amount of time she spends online. Her distaste of technology borders on technophobic.

She's a quirky, humorous, easy-going, and laid back young woman. Regardless of this, she's definitely an introverted person - something a lot of her classmates don't understand since the concept that you don't have to be shy to be introverted and vice versa goes over their heads. She can easily communicate with her classmates and teachers as needed, and will assert herself if she feels she's being treated poorly, and she knows virtually the entire school by name, including many underclassmen.

Appearances can be deceiving, however, and while she appears to be level headed, Esha is actually a spiraling, emotional mess. Having high anxiety, Esha relies on her emergency meds on a weekly basis on average to keep her from having a panic attack in the middle of class. For a young woman as assertive as she is, she is in truth quite the delicate flower and when left alone with nothing but her thoughts, can very easily fall into a minor depressive state. She stresses constantly about what she wants to do with her life, and struggles with feeling like she's walking mindlessly down a path that leads no where. The positive flip side of this is that she lives in the moment and is oftentimes more excitable and gratuitous than others her age, contributing to her polite personality that make her an immediate favorite of the adults in her life, such as her teachers. She she smiles brighter than most girls her age and hides her true feelings well, but this negatively results in virtually no friends but countless acquaintances. If directly asked, she'd claim to prefer it this way, as it gives her time to focus on her studies, but deep down she's incredibly lonely, and just dying to have someone to call a friend.

------
    BIOGRAPHY
    ------

Esha was born in America shortly after her parents eloped due to cultural conflicts in regards to the relationship between a Sikh woman and a white man claiming to be inspired spiritually by Hindu, Shinto, and Buddhism, though claiming none as his own belief system or lifestyle. Esha knows little of what drove her mother to flee her country and marry her father, but it matters very little to her, as she loves both her parents dearly despite their tragic past and lack of acceptance in her mother's country.

For the first decade of her life she was raised by both her parents in the rocky mountains of Alaska and home-schooled mostly by her mother, but also in part by her father. It was a peaceful existence, albeit a lonely one with very little opportunities to socialize with people her age. This never really bothered her enough for her to consider it abnormal, however, since she received lots of affection and attention from her parents and frequent out-of-state trips to visit with her similarly loving grandparents to make up for it. It wasn't until she turned 12 and her mother passed away of a heart attack, which was an unfortunate result of her mother's HMC. Esha's only link to her Indian heritage was her mother, so she's always felt a severe disconnect from her cultural ancestry, which upsets her greatly to this day. Since then, she's gone by her middle name of Esha, which was also her mother's middle name.

Despite the loss, she still maintains a stable and happy relationship with her father and grandparents, one that she holds very dear. After her mother's untimely passing, her father and her decided it was best to leave the state to go live with her grandparents, who now play a role as her guardians to fill the void her mother's death created. She was home schooled by her grandmother until her freshmen year, in which she began to attend the public school nearby. Meanwhile, starting shortly after her mother died, Esha took up the hobby of belly dancing, finding great joy and comfort in it. She contributes a lot of her grief-related healing to taking up this form of dance, and has gotten quite talented over the years. Not many of her peers are aware of this hobby of hers, however, for fear of making the rumors worse.

On that note, Esha is a rather well-liked girl at her school, but like any other high schooler, she struggles with coming to grips with the balance between not caring what others think but maintaining a happy and respectable reputation. Also like all other kids her age, there are those who don't like her, making jokes that she's just a hipster or a wannabe hippie. The worst of her treatment comes from many of the boys who are rather aggressive about wanting to date her, or the girls who are incredibly jealous of her early-set maturity - physically and mentally. Most of the time, however, Esha can get along with just about anyone, teachers and fellow students alike.

Esha would consider her life pretty average. Aside from her mother's death (of which she's never coped with well at all), if asked, would probably say that the worst she's got it is that she has no sense of direction in her life, and doesn't yet have any clue what sort of college she potentially wants to go to or even what she wants to do when she graduates high school.

That and she really wishes people would stop mistaking her for her dad's wife.

------
    OTHER
    ------

Hobbies
    Belly dancing, cooking, sketching, henna tattooing, painting, hiking, photography, playing the bongos, and watching Bollywood or Superhero (Avengers, Batman, etc.) movies with her dad~ She also likes to volunteer at local animal shelters, as well as go to local cafes and listen to slam poetry with her dad whenever she finds the time to do either. ...and she's a little ashamed to admit for fear of being too cliche, but she loves making flower crowns >w<

♥ | Dancing | Calming Music | Weird Music | Red | Natural and Earthy Hues/Colors | Pastels | Rainbows | Laughing | Reading | Books | Grass | Plants | Animals | Nature | Her Heritage | Learning | Indian Food | Mexican Food | Quiche | Chocolate | Apple Pie | Movies | Slam Poetry | Flowers | Art | ♥

Dislikes
    ♦ | Obnoxiously Loud People | Bossy People | Disrespect | Dishonesty | Lying | Grays | Metal music | Hard Rock | Electronic music (dubstep, techno, etc.) | Fast Food | Hamburgers | Candy | Video Games | Computers | ♦

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast