Page 1 of 613 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: ❣ Divided Paths ❣

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Default ❣ Divided Paths ❣

Prepare for disaster

Doubt that it's really over? That it's really all solved with so many questions left?
    It's not.
    The war is still waging on in Northern Canada. Mutants are still scum to ever walk on American territory. And by the way, where are all those mutants who were swept up when the Annihilation Act passed?
    Though Thomas has been captured, it doesn't necessarily mean the end when a mysterious binder is still missing and the research Admiral Thomas spoke of hasn't been finished.

Just how long will the team remain dissolved until something terrifying pops up?
    You may begin.
    Story takes place following dinner.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye looked up at Blake with large blue eyes. "What're we going to do?" Faye whispered as he pulled her into his arms. "I mean, I'm happy but I'm also lost." Faye murmured while letting her head rest against his chest. She knew this wouldn't be her last time seeing the team, they'd be invited to the wedding without a doubt and she was sure they'd keep in touch but it wouldn't quite be the same.

Member of the Month October
    Varies
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After while, Zakai was sitting on the bed in his room wearing a clean red t-shirt and jeans with a wet towel hanging over his head. He wasn't feeling too well. It was like the weight of a boulder had been put onto his chest and was making his heart sink lower and lower with every passing second.
    "A normal life with normal people..." he lied down, "Who could ask for more?"
    He stared at the wall. He wasn't smiling anymore. He wasn't crying. He wasn't sad. What was this? Some form of upset? He thought of calling Isaac, but Isaac had told him not to the last time. He thought of talking to Colton but... Colton had his own problems. So did Faye and Blake. Adalia? No! Not Adalia! He was supposed to be happy to be going and living with her and her family normally... so then why did he feel this way? What was wrong? What was he going to do?
    He left the towel on his bed, walked out of the room, and kept walking till he reached the roof of the White House and just stared. He remembered a long time ago, standing at the edge and thinking about what it would be like to jump off, but... no. He didn't have that same feeling now. For the moment, he wasn't even worried. He was confused. Maybe some part of him was subtly scared. He didn't know what he wanted to do. He stared at the sky, as if he could get some sort of answer from that. For the first time in a long time, he wanted to go home. For the first time in a long time, he wanted his mom. He wanted his dad and little sister. It wasn't that he wished none of this had happened, he just longed for that time's simplicity. He wasn't used to being in a new family, and he hadn't had to get used to it because they were busy fighting terrorism and Tamara and Thomas. Now he was going to have to fully accept... everything. He didn't want to. He didn't want to be fully aware of everything that had happened. Why couldn't ha just get it out of his head already? How was he supposed to forget San Francisco and adapt to his new life? He didn't know. This "normal life"... it wasn't normal to him anymore. He'd forgotten all of that to survive. How was he supposed to get it all back?

Avi and Sig made possible by: Kicks!
    Because she is the awesomest in all of ever!

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

"You're not paying attention, Colton."
    Her words brought his mind back around. He had been looking at houses on the touch pad in the living room with Adalia, but then his mind took him away again. He rubbed his face furiously before peering at the screen. The house that she had up now was a two story brick house. It was suiting, he supposed. He just wondered if he could actually live in a house like a regular citizen again. At least in the military he sort of fit. But in the real world... he wouldn't know how to act.
    "Where are we going to live again?" Colton asked after bringing his mind back around to the house on the screen. It took everything in him to stay focused on just the screen. His mind was whirring over many things, Thomas especially. It wasn't over. How could his dad just think it was over? There were so many things left! It couldn't just be over because his dad said so. But Clayton had said something else that Colton caught. He had to remember that and focus on just that instead of the words he must have rehearsed before coming into the dining room.
    "Far away from Utah." Adalia decided, "That's where Thomas is being held, right?"
    Colton nodded his head slowly. Maybe he wanted to be near Thomas just so that he could do exactly the opposite of what his dad told him not to do. It wasn't over. This was going to drive him insane. But he had to keep his family safe too.
    "Nowhere near New York either." Adalia went on, "Or Texas."
    "Alaska." Colton stated just for the heck of it. But neither of them would survive there. It was too cold.
    "I was thinking Florida because it's warm." Adalia commented, "That's why I'm looking at houses in Florida." Colton wasn't listening to her again, she could tell. She released a sigh and flipped to a new house. "Colton, we have to find a house."

Blake was lost to. He didn't know what to do. He felt as if they were just thrown into this. If they were eased back into the real world, he would have been fine with it and more than ready. But now he felt... so panicked. It was frightening. It was times like these where he wished he could just call his mum and ask what to do. But she would tell them to move to the Isle of Wight, and as much as he loved her, he couldn't do that.
    "Well... let's start with where you've always dreamed of living." Blake said at last in a shaky voice. He didn't know the United States like she did. She was American, he was a foreigner who had only merely wished of being American. And now that it was coming true, he was so lost.

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Well that depends. Do you still want to live in Hawaii?" Faye asked with a shrug. That was a good start, finding a place to live. She didn't know where she would like to live. It had always been a dream of hers to travel far away from America and live in Europe or Australia or something but that was unreasonable now it seemed.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

For some reason, Blake had completely forgotten about Hawaii. It must have been the shock of the moment that the team was now dissolved that had caused his mind to draw a blank.
    He nodded his head feverishly and murmured: "I know it sounds crazy, but I still really want to. Only if you do though. We kind of have to live together, you know." He commented with a small smile.
    That was one thing he was excited for. Now that this was... said to be over... they could finally get married! However, he still really did need help finding a suit. Maybe he could still get Colton to help him. They could remain in contact for longer then if he was helping Blake on the groom's side of the wedding.
    "I think I'm going to ask Colton to help me." Blake told her after a moment. "With being a groom that is. He's done it before, you know?"

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Faye nodded. "Yeah I think we'll like it there." Faye agreed. When he mentioned getting Colton's help she giggled. "He's an experienced groom." Faye said and leaned back on Blake so they fell back onto the bed. Her back was sore and she wanted to lay down and now they were. "I should probably get some help with the girly stuff from Adalia."

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

"But not an experienced hugger." Blake added with a grin. That image would always be in his head. It was just so funny! He had never met someone before who was that against touching people. He wondered why Colton was like that, but he had noticed that Richard was the same way. Had the man even ever touched one of them before?
    He wrapped his arms around her when they were laying back on the bed and he peered up at the ceiling. He liked this idea. If they could have Adalia and Colton help them, then they wouldn't lose contact for awhile.
    "Maybe we can stay in apartment in the same state as them until we have everything figured out for the wedding." Blake suggested, "I wonder if Dix knows anything about settling teenagers into the real world as adults? Or if he were given lines to rehearse to us?"

​Beautiful Nightmare

who knows
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"I'm going to say that Clayton probably have him a script." Faye rested with her head on his chest. "Well we should probably look for an apartment soon then huh?" Faye asked not against the idea of doing that. They could be really helpful and then they could have their wedding in England and then head off to Hawaii, well honeymoon between the two obviously but she had no clue what that'd be like or where they'd go. "This is going to be hard isn't it and truthfully I don't want a lot of help from Dix I imagine he's going to be rather condescending.

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

ArraBella hung up the phone that Carter had passed to her. The two of them were in the living room to a small apartment in Utah. It had been Clayton on the phone telling her the news. She wasn't phased by it, really. She had sort of been doing her own thing anyways. It was after her terrifying experience in Russia that she had decided she was not cut out for military business. And the fact that Carson had been removed from the team only gave her more of an excuse to not be around all of that so that she could come visit him and help where she could.
    A lot had happened during that time. Tamara for one had come, and though Carter wasn't pleased to see her at first, he was less weary of her when Carson stopped violently hallucinating. The hallucinations had begun to cause him seizures after so long with them. But he had stopped seizing and hallucinating since Tamara had come to him.
    Though Carson didn't talk much, he made one thing clear and that was he had been independent after California and he would remain as such. So Carter had paid in advance for rent on an apartment in Utah. The man came down frequently to see his son, but Carson was never into visiting him.
    Currently, ArraBella was inside that apartment making soup because it was storming outside. Carson wasn't the same, she knew that. He was frail, extremely so. He had receded into himself, hardly talked, and frequently shook. But whenever ArraBella was around he lit up, didn't say anything to her, but was extremely happy. How could she possibly leave Utah when she was the one person who could get that reaction from him? Carter had begged her to stay, said his son needed someone there but Carter couldn't be because Carson rejected him. So after striking a deal with Carter, she said yes.
    The nurse that came around daily had also taken an interest in her and had even started to train her as a CNA, saying that in due time she could become a registered nurse. Though it wasn't exactly the path that ArraBella had imagined for herself, it was something she found she actually enjoyed doing.

"I guess we sort of have to figure out where they're going to live and then find a temporary apartment." Blake remarked. He actually really liked this idea. He could see Adalia especially being a big help to them. Not just for the wedding, but for guidance too. Colton was in the same position they were, except different in that he had Adalia to bring him back to civilian life. He imagined it would still be rough though.
    "It will be hard." Blake admitted after a little while, "But I think it will be worth it too. I mean, we got through a lot of things that people would never get through. We can get through this too."

​Beautiful Nightmare

Page 1 of 613 12351 ... LastLast