Thread: The RPA Tribune - July edition!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

Default The RPA Tribune - July edition!

Welcome, avid readers, to yet another delectable edition of the Tribune! And would you look at that - we almost got it up on time this month! So before we get any more behind schedule, here's the;

Breaking News!

Our Member of the Month for July has been announced, and who could it be but the miraculous Mysteria! I'm sure you'll agree with me when I say she's long overdue for this honour, so if you haven't congratulated her yet get your fingers in gear and go type her a big congrats!!

But that's not the end of the awesome this month - there's been a few fantastic additions to the site, including a personal notepad for drafts and ideas, and the ability to post sound files in threads! For more details, check out this thread.

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better, RPA also has a new contest running, as well as an ongoing new feature in the awards and special events section!

So if you're longing to lip-sync, don't miss your chance to enter the comp!

Or if you're just itching to let those creative juices flow (and earn yourself some badges while you do it!) check out the brand new Monthly Writing Prompts! Get a headstart on getting your name on those leaderboards and check it out today!

Featured Article;
    Unwilling Heroes, Chapter One
    by SQJ

Spoiler: Unwilling Heroes 

Can't wait to find out what happens next? You can read on here!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

The Classifieds
    Upcoming RP's just waiting for you!

The apocalypse was dubbed “World War Z". Rumours of survivors have reached your safehouse or camp. You have volunteered to be trained to be part of a group that will specialize in planting new colonies and strengthening (and innoculating) existing ones that have escaped the zombies so far. The assignment is potentially fatal - there are also rumors that some zombies are attacking even inoculated survivors. But the colonists must be saved if the planet is to recover. Good luck.
    WWZ2

Hall of Fame Spotlight
    by G

The hallways were filled with the distant echo of lazy footsteps. A teenager was roaming down them with his hands slid into the leather pocket of his dark jacket. His eyes looked through the dark shades in curiosity as he took in the tiles of the ground and the odd silence that surrounded him. This was such an enormous school, but where were the other students?
    Blake let a small sigh escape him as he came to a full stop in the middle of a hallway. Maybe if he just paused there for a minute then he would be able to hear something interesting. Like rats singing opera? He thought to himself with a chuckle. No, rats didn't sing. Silly him. It was even more unnerving for him to think that if rats had gotten inside of this school then that meant they would have found a way in. A way in, meant a way out. Or did it?
    When they woke up this morning, Blake and the other students of Orchara Highschool are ready for another average day... but what they are about to experience is far from mundane. When the faculty disappear without a trace, and the students find themselves trapped inside their school, who will buckle under the pressure... and who will have what it takes to survive? This beginning chapter of the multi-part series Gm'd by Peacedoom promises excitement, mystery and mayhem...

so Don't Count Yourself Out.

Mentor spotlight
    by Kris

And back in school we are gang, reporting in from Travincal: The RPA University!

This time we are heading for the Inn The Tavern: The Character Interaction guide. You are to be instructed by the lovely Mysteria & G into the basic steps of creating situations.

You are to be joined into a place where mistakes are allowed, and any kind of interactions are okay to go (unless the RPA rules say otherwise). This section is set up to help those just starting out in roleplaying to learn how to play in a more relaxed setting.

The setting is a never changing place, where the characters are design to come and go as they please, while being treated by the kind druidess Ta`Khara Vantagi and Jesabelle Raine, Tavern co-owner.

So join and learn more about these two and maybe other players as well, for The Tavern is a place where people of all worlds, races, and creeds meet up to chill, hang out, rest awhile, learn from one another and revel in the usually peaceful and awesome nature of those whom grace this place with their presence.

Not only will you enjoy your time, you might even learn and grow a bit along the way.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

Signature Gallery
    by G

In this new segment of the Tribune, I will be sharing some of my favorite signatures made this month by the lovely Request Shop Row artists! Thank you artists for putting so much work and effort into making beautiful sets for our members. While each set is special and beautiful, these were some of the signatures that stood out this month.

drawn and worn by Imp

worn by Aniah Liepard

Featured Signature Shop of the Week

Drumroll, please!
    This weeks featured signature shop is Mystyc's Design Shop - though only recently opened, if their examples are anything to go by we'll be seeing some great stuff come from this member.

See for yourself! Here are some examples of their work;

The artist-spotlight
    by Kris

This issue of Artist spotlight, will be more about creativity. I couldn't pass the opportunity to just publish our very own RPA Yu-Gi-Oh Cards thread!

Revived by Busa, the thread is increasing with amazing cards which can totally be turned into promising deck for your RPA game!

Be sure to drop by and say something, or even request a card of your own!

Here are few that I liked:

Spoiler: Epic cards 

Recipe time!!

Presenting Kris's Nutella Mug Cake

Well, we don't always have time to make fancy stuff that requires us to spend much time at the kitchen. Because of that I decided to look for something sweet and easy

I tried it at home and it was delicious!!!

INGREDIENTS
    4 tablespoons self-rising flour
    4 tablespoons sugar
    1 egg
    3 tablespoons cocoa powder
    3 tablespoons Nutella
    3 tablespoons milk
    3 tablespoons vegetable oil (not a must. I was fine without using it)

INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug.
    2. Whisk well with a fork until smooth.
    3. Microwave on high for 1˝– 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave)
    4. Top Mug Cakes with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce, if desired. (I used cup of Ice-cream).

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)

COMIC FUN

by Kris

THE LAUGHING STOCK
    No longer cancerous...
    ~Imp

In this very special Tribune, I bring you the start of something grand!
    Spoiler: RPA WIPEOUT 

For the Laughing Stock, we're looking for inane and/or high brow short stories for the folks to enjoy! Have anything special? PM Imp! Be sure that it follows RPA rules or we will hunt you down and murder you and your family. Thanks for your time!

THE WITCH CORNER

Welcome to the mystic corner of Kris The witch, brought to you from Nazgul's lair... where creepy things happen!!!

Each week we are to present to you all fun and funny (somewhat random) activity for you all to take part of. I hope you shall enjoy this section, and be sure to reply or send us the answers (if questions should be presented).

It's already late for Friday the 13th issue, but talking about scary movies is always fun!

So, my beloved, sweet, tasty readers, check the chart below and tell me, which monster movie are you!!!

I can't wait to hear your answers!!!!

MAHAHAHAHAHA (Press here if you couldn't get the right sound effect in your mind)

The Tribune Crossword

by G

How well do you know RPA? The first three members to correctly complete the crossword will receive a prize, so get puzzling, people!

Across
    2. RPA's epic annual battle event!
    4. Member with a badge named after them for their lofty post count ( ______ Slathalin )
    6. Winner of this years 'Big Boss' story competition:
    8. G appeared in the picture thread recently dressed as this Sailor Scout:
    9. A member well known for their skills with signatures and graphics:
    Down
    1. The colour of Nazgul's thong:
    2. Writing month on RPA!
    3. The plant commonly associated with Cpt. Vee:
    4. The leader of an army that will target your remote controls and peanut-butter cookies:
    5. What the 'A' in 'RPA' stands for:
    7. Kris's favourite thing to eat:
    And of course, rep is on its way for the three members first to complete last issue's hack the admin game! Congratulations to Naril, trouble.muffin and Cfavano!

And that concludes this issue of the Tribune! Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave your thoughts below!

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    244 Post(s)

Epic!

RPA's Hedonist
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Astonishing! <3

The Pure One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

SEXY!!!