Page 2 of 315 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: Riddles: Tales from Tailte IC {PG 13}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Caleb laughed a bit at Lock's view point on the subject of the advisors.

"It's not as simply as that, I'm afraid. A king needs a council. Though, I'm not required to actually listen to them." Caleb felt more pity for his father than Lock did. Caleb had seen his father struggle with his advisors, they acted as if they held the power and in some ways they were. Caleb would felt they needed to be reminded they were in court under the permission of his father, not the other way around.

Caleb started working his way through the crowded docks upon his stead. People seemed to get out of the way rather quickly, knowing who he was.

"Perhaps I can help get him out of his terrible mood." Caleb added.

Rurik caught up with the two of them. "Come to welcome your big brothers home? Miss us that much did ya?" Rurik smiled teasing Lock a bit.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 07-17-2014 at 08:22 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Dark Fantasy, some fantasy and a little sci-fi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yvalla was lucky, the caravan was passing through an area near to her at the moment. She hastened now, not trying to quiet herself that much. Branches groaned as she landed on them and pushed off once more. She hoped that they wouldn't break, but care wasn't important. She slowed down as she neared the Caravan, trying to be a bit more quiet, she didn't want to worry them, it wouldn't do to get attacked. She noticed a small group of people off to the side, they seemed to be preparing to leave the caravan, from the way they were going, they would run directly into the sickness. She stayed in the trees as she approached the group. Her cloak wrapped around her, and it made her nearly invisible against the shadows in the forest.

"You must not leave," She said to the group from her hidden perch. Her voice was soft and musical after her years speaking mostly to birds and other creatures, but it still held a commanding tone. "The forest is not safe. Stay here with your mother and father." She meant the couple who stood near the woman. She could not allow the caravan to travel into the forest, she did not know what would happen, but it could not be good. "One of you boys," she said, voice hardening, "Go tell someone important that nobody is to enter the forest. There is a sickness here that cannot mean any good." Seeing hesitation, she quickly drew and arrow and fired it next to one of the boy's feet, "Go!" she commanded.
    Last edited by CryoLilly; 07-17-2014 at 08:40 PM.
    There was once a line marked out by God, through which were divided Heaven and Hell. And thus was chaos banished from the world. The Devil created Lawyers to make amends. They argued the thickness of the line until there was enough room within it for all the sins of men to fit. And all the sins of women too.

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

(If you wouldn't mind the twins are kinda playable characters, ish )

Aoife frowned as the voice echoed around them. She didn't like being told what to do, especially by someone she couldn't see either. Yet if what she claimed was true and the forrest really was i danger, then that certainly wasn't good either. She frowned and turned her head to the trees above and around them. The twins were doing the same eyes narrowed in concentration.

One of them lowered and picked up the arrow. The two began to quickly examine it with an intense scrutiny.
    "Hmmm"
    "Similar to Atonian craftmenship"
    "But not quite"
    "made from materials found in the forrest"
    "Local girl then"

They smiled smugly as they looked at the trees around them. Then without a word they mounted up, one on either side of Aoife. She gave them a quizicall look but they just carried on smiling. Leaning over they whispered in her ear.
    "Walk on"
    "If she truly cares about the forrest that much"
    "Which it sounds like she does"
    "Then she's sure to follow"

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yvalla saw that they ignored what she had told them. Quickly, she drew and fired four arrows. She aimed two for the reigns on the two boy's horses, and the others to each of their wrists. She didn't wait to see if they hit, it didn't matter, she dropped backwards off of her perch and landed on the soft earth, standing in the path of the horses. "I have no qualms fighting you" She said quietly, "As long as my message is sent. Leave Atoni, it is no longer safe here. But whatever you do, stay with the group until you can leave the forest, entering deeper will only she looked at the older couple who seemed to be sending the party off. "Please tell your leader this. I may detest the barbaric customs here, but I too have family here, and it would be a shame to see a race die out."

She turned back to the small party, "What makes you so eager to leave, I already told you of the infection, there could be more than I have seen already, if you stumble into it, there is no telling what may happen." She sighed, "But if you are so eager, then I'll kill you here and save you the trouble."
    There was once a line marked out by God, through which were divided Heaven and Hell. And thus was chaos banished from the world. The Devil created Lawyers to make amends. They argued the thickness of the line until there was enough room within it for all the sins of men to fit. And all the sins of women too.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The twins laughed and scoffed clearly at the girls threat. Aoife glared at them menacingly, they soon shutup. She turned her attention to this mystery girl in front of her. For awhile she said nothing, she simply looked the girl up and down.
    "My Father holds power in Sareas, that is where we are going. If you so insist, which it is clear you do, I shall warn him of this threat"
    She frowned
    "Not very street smart are you?"
    She shrugged and gave Topthorn a light tap. The twins did the same. Atonians did not need reins to ride.
    "Anyway, Tatty Byes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Ah dammit," She sighed, turning away, she couldn't afford to waste arrows on them. "Going into the woods like that, idiots. Whatever, I'l let them die." then she realized that she was in the company of the people who sent the girl off. "Uhh, nothing personal, anyway, I'm off to find the leader of this caravan, since everyone else is so keen on dying out." She quickly disappeared back into the forest walking alongside the caravan until she noticed a familiar looking cart and tent. It was the same as that of the leader when she was a child. She sneaked through the camp, following the shadows until she was right up against the tent. She heard voices within, loud voices, then noticed a few men storming out of the tent. She used her small knife to open up the side of the tent wall, in between the flaps so that it would be hard to notice. She slipped quietly into the room on the other side. There seemed to be a meeting going on, or rather, ending.

The only man who stayed was old and looked very tired. He collapsed onto a pile of furs and sighed loudly. Before he got too comfortable, Yvalla spoke out. "You should leave." She said, startling him. "Wha-Who are you? How did you get in?" he asked. She stepped forward from the shadows, effectively appearing in front of him. "These woods are sick, infected, dying. It is no longer safe in Atoni. I came here to warn you because I would very much not like to be the one who could have saved an entire people, but did not over a lifestyle difference." She turned around preparing to leave, "I warned you, do what you will with this information but know that you have been warned. I don't know what it will do to people. It's in your hands now." Then she left, leaving the camp.

She needed to look for Diala, Yvalla planned to find her, and then leave the area. Perhaps she would go to Sareas, speak to the people there. That girl seemed to think that it would help.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Aoife and the twins (Who she now knew were named Daniel and David) continued on their way towards Sareas. The twins noted as their journey began, that Aoife's words to 'The Fae' had been rather diplomatic.
    "I'm sure your Father would be proud"
    "Indeed he would"

Aoife told them to shuttup. They did not.

Lock frowned and pushed Rurik away a little
    "Miss you my arse"
    He mumbled to himself
    "Enjoyed the peace and quiet we had without you if I'm being honest"

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

(my god I actually go and sleep at a decent time and miss all this, :P )

The midday sun beat down on the roof tops and streets of Fhrainc bathing all it could in glorious warmth. Leaning back on the tailed roof of the run down bookshop she called home and splaying her arms out to the sides Kyda turned her face to the sun letting its warm rays dance across her skin, chasing away the cold that always seemed to settle there. It was rare for the sun to show its self so fully in this region that when ever I did happen the young thief liked to take every advantage of it, she didn't care what she should have been doing she was going to just lay there and enjoy the wonders of warmth before it was taken away again.
    A soft cooing sound from below caught her attention.
    "Up here Kyko, I'm just enjoying he suns grace while I can." Called Kyda not willing to move an inch for anything. Closing her eyes Kyda sighed and wiggled to get comfortable, content with spending all day there if the weather permitted. Suddenly a weight landed on her stomach and started needing, opening once eyes she smiled at the young dragon sitting there looking at her. Kyko as the dragon had come to be known had been saved by Kyda from an old abusive drunk when she was small, still learning the ways of the dangerous streets below. Since that day the little dragon had not left her side for more then a night.
    Kyko cooed again walking up her chest to nuzzle Kyda's face and neck. Standing at 14-15inch in full length the little dragon would more then likely never get any bigger. Which suited Kyda fine. It was easier to keep her friend safe if she was small.
    Giggling under her breath Kyda raised her hand up and stroked the dragons back getting a soft purr for her troubles. Looking again to the sky Kyda sighed. It had been a slow couple of weeks for her, having robbed the wrong person and needing to hide low in the worst parts of her hated city before being able to return to the safety of the bookshop. How was she to know he was a prince. And not the lazy kind that tended to favour the city, damn that dude could run. A pout came over her face as she reached into the front pocket of her leggings pulling out a simple silver chain with a small ornate locket hanging from it. This is what she had taken, a stupid lovers trinket. Inside was a small painting of a beautiful blond girl, probably Bhreatain if she had to guess. Kyda didn't know why she hadn't thrown it away. Or even thrown it back at the stupid princes face. Opening the locket at gazing at the picture Kyda couldn't help but sigh in frustration.
    "Look at her Kyko, beautiful and probably noble -sigh- and here we are slumming it with the best eh." Kyko cooed and shrilled before giving Kyda a small lick on the face. Laughing Kyda sat up and hugged the little dragon gently.
    "You're right Kyko, I'm just as pretty...... when we can get clean and have nicer cloths." Still laughing Kyda laid back down.
    "Don't worry Kyko we will get out of this town one day, that I promise! We will go on a great adventure across all the lands. Hay we may even find his girl and give her the locket back to give to her darling little prince." Closing her eyes again Kyda drifted off into slumber, dreams of far of lands filling her head.

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The sounds of children's laughter filled the air along with the smells of fresh cut wheat, corn and other harvested foods. Men shouted to one another while women gossiped. It was just another day in the town of Tref.
    Sierra loved this time of year. Everyone was happy and full of life, taking pleasure in the harvest and the profit it would bring them. Dancing around the kitchen of her family's home Sierra sang to herself as she prepared the midday meal. Fresh bread could be smelt baking and lamb stew wafted around the house and into the gardens that surrounded it. Stopping every once in a while to scratch her faithful jackalope behind the ears and look out he window to watch her little sister in the garden Sierra concluded that she was one of he luckiest people she could think of.
    With the midday meal complete Sierra walked out to the garden and knelt beside her little sister.
    "What are you doing little Kari? you have been in this spot for nearly an hour." Said Sierra smiling down at her precious little sister. Kari didn't lift her head to reply but kept going about her business.
    "I'm making a home for the fairies that live in our garden." Replied Kari as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. Sierra giggled behind her hand before standing again.
    "Well can it wait to be finished? I need you to go and wash up for the midday meal, father and Jackson will be home shortly and we must have everything ready for them." Kari nodded her head and stood racing back into the house to do as she was bid.
    Smiling Sierra made her way back into the house.

(Just a side note. Sierra wont really be a big player in the story at the moment, hence the short post.)

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Oh come on now, I imagine it's all been rather dull without my glorious presence." Rurik said rathe smuggle.

Caleb couldn't help but a laugh a bit. "Rurik, you might have the public fooled but your not fooling us. There is nothing glorious about your presence."

Rurik potted a bit. "Well we can't all have the same stick-up-one's-arse presence you have. I just can't wait to see you have to explain to father the encounter you had with that thief."

Caleb rolled his eyes and groaned. "You know he won't believe me. He'll see it as an act of rebellion, like I'm some kind of temperamental teenager. and if he does believe me, I'll just be mocked for being careless."

"hmph." Rurik seemed to say agreement. "I don't think your a temperamental teenager." Rurik said, as he road a little bit ahead then shouted back.

"You could never look young enough to be confused as teenager."

Caleb frowned a little. He'd get Rurik back for that, though he'd leave it for now.

Page 2 of 315 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast