Page 3 of 315 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast

Thread: Riddles: Tales from Tailte IC {PG 13}

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Opening her eyes Kyda blinked up at the now clouded sky. Far off she could here the great bells of the church ringing, sounding to all the city that it was the fourth hour after midday. Sighing in dismay at the loss of the suns warm rays she sat up being carful of the little dragon still in her lap. Smiling fondly at the small creature Kyda stroked its back, giggling softly when it began to purr.
    These where the moments she cherished most, when she could forget of her lost family, of having to struggle each day just to live. 'There has to be more to life Kyko, more then what I have here.' thought Kyda gathering the dragon into her arms and draping her over her shoulders and across her neck. Making sure Kyko was secure Kyda climbed down the side of the house and swung into the window just below the roof line. Stepping into the sparsely furnished room she looked around for any signs of danger. She had learned early on that no where was safe, not even the one place she could possible call a home.
    The room she called home was small, a bit of attic space and nothing more. A small bed stood to the far side of the room and a small dressing table with a fractured mirror where all that decorated the room. Still it was more then some of her friends had. Walking over to her bed Kyda unwrapped Kyko from around her shoulders and placed her gently on the bed and placing a light kiss on her head. Happy that her little friend was now comfortable Kyda headed down the stairs from her room that led to a back entrance into the small cramped bookshop that occupied the bottom floor of the house.
    Stepping into the store Kyda was unsurprised at the amount of books that had just been left in piles on the floor in font of their appropriate shelves. Shaking her head at the owners usual air headedness she picked up a handful of books and started to shelve them. It was some time later that she finished putting the books away. and made her way to the front of the store. Reaching the front counter Kyda smirked seeing it stacked with books and scrolls.
    "Hay Old man are you even still breathing back there?" Asked Kyda amusement evident in her voice.
    "Watch what you say young lady, I am still well and breathing as you say." Grumbled a ruff voice from behind the stack of papers.
    "I was only making sure Grandfather Barend, I meant no offense." Kyda replied with a mocking overly dramatic bow her right leg swept behind her and bending at the waist her left arm coming to rest on her heart and her right hand swept out to the side . Barend snorted at the mocking bow raising an overly bushy eyebrow.
    "Are you trying for the Players Guild child?" Questioned Barend. Musical laughter sounded from Kyda a true smile gracing her features.
    "No Grandfather, I don't think I could stand all the pointless frivolities that goes on there. besides you would miss me dearly, would you not?" Laughed Kyda. Barend joined in her laughter with his heavy chuckle. Though Kyda called the man Grandfather it was nothing but a childish endearment. The old man had saved her when she was at her lowest, dying in the street from a botched home robbery. She had been by his side ever since. He seemed to be the only gleam of light in the disgusting place they called home. He treated her like a beloved grandchild and she could not thank him enough from keeping her from becoming one of the sleazy low lives that roamed the town. Smiling kindly Kyda moved around behind the counter and picked up an armful of scrolls.
    "Here Grandfather let me help you with these then we can get started on supper." A warm smile spread across Barends face as he watched Kyda walk away catching a glimpse of a silver chain around her neck.

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

As the day bore on, Aoife grew to know and like the twins a little better. They were incredibly witty and mischevious, yet they had a soft spot too. If you knew how to butter them up correctly. The party came to a stop at an inn at around late afternoon. The twins hired out two rooms and brought food and wine. While Aoife settled the horses. The twins joked and talked quite happily as they ate, but Aoife remained quiet.

She was missing her home already.

The three princes road through the heavily congested market. Lock's eyes were drawn to the sight of a young girl begging for food. The kind of thing pulled at his heart. She was young, too young to be in this situation. He went to his pocket to grab his coin purse. What would he do with the money anyway? more wine and women? he could do that anytime. But this girl...

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It was weird but Caleb quite liked moving through the crowd markets of the Saib capital. Seeing the busy streets filled with merchants and shoppers. Caleb was observing the crowd when he noticed Lock's attention else where. He had a heavy frown on his face as he saw his brother start to turn in the poor beggar girl's direction. A form hand grabbed a hold of Lock's shoulder.

"Don't Lock." Caleb said.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

At the best of times, Lock didn't understand his two other brothers. It seemed like now was one of those times. He turned to look at Caleb.
    "Why not? So She can starve?"
    He scoffed and frowned, averting himself from Calebs gaze.
    "Just because I'm your younger brother doesn't mean you can tell me what to do all of the time you know"
    He grabbed his coin purse anyway
    "Besides, I think i can spare the pocket money"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Caleb groaned a bit at Lock's response. Sometimes he thought his younger brother was so simply minded. He thought himself a saint in a world of devils. The worst of it was Lock didn't seem to know Caleb better than that. Sometimes Caleb thought him and Lock understood each other, like they were fighting together for the same cause. He thought perhaps him and Lock actually understood each other better than he did Rurik but then there was times like this, where Lock underestimated Caleb's character. Truthfully it hurt a bit.

Caleb rolled his eyes a bit and once again grabbed a hold of Lock's shoulder to stop him.

"She'll eat tonight with that but what about tomorrow? and the day after that? Do you plan on returning everyday to give her coin for her next meal? And what the other starving girls out there? Will you pay them to? I'm not saying she doesn't deserve to eat but you are making promises you can not keep. A little pocket money won't solve her problem, and you know that."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

For a long time Lock said nothing. He looked at neither Caleb or the girl (Who was looking at them both pleadingly). After a while, Lock pulled on his horses reins and started to trot away from his brothers. over his houlder he could be heard saying
    "Then something needs to be done about it"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Caleb watched Lock leave then turned his attention back to the girl. She looked up at Caleb, perhaps she recognized him or perhaps she simply noticed the two brothers had been observing her. Either way it tugged at him the wrong way. There wasn't anything he could truly do for her, nothing that would keep her off the streets tomorrow. Still how was he suppose to explain that to her, that him refuses her pleading looks was for her own good. He loosened the leather strap that tied his coin purse to his belt then simply dropped it to the ground at her feet, before catching up to Lock. So sometimes he was a hypocrite.
    Last edited by AvisCrown; 07-18-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

As his brothers followed Lock began on a different route, away from the castle. He motioned to them
    "You go on ahead..."
    his voice was clearly quite bitter and moody
    "I'll see you later on, there's something I need to do..."
    their clearly wasn't

(Are we all okay for a timeskip to the next day? )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

(In a bit let me wrote up Caleb getting back and everything)

Caleb waved Lock off and him and Rurik carried on home. They were greeted with open arms as they entered the castle gates. People asking how their journey had been. Caleb was less honest with them than he was with Lock. A moody prince did no one any good is mother always told him. The crowd quickly parted as Caleb's father made his way to greet his sons.

"I hope all went well." He said looking at Caleb then his eyes drifted to Rurik who had a rather large smile on his face.

"All was well?" He narrowed his eyes at Rurik, repeating his previous statement but with a little bit more uncertainty in his voice.

"Why are you looking at me?" Rurik whined.

"Because it's usually you who is to blame when things don't. . .and when it's not your a terrible lier." Cadman folded his hands behind his back waiting to hear if there was truly anything he should know about. Rurik's smile had faded and a little bit of sweat dropped from his forehead. He cleared his throat.

"I'm . . just going to go inside." Rurik quickly removed himself from the situation. Caleb chimed.

"All was well father. I can promise you that." He then reassured his father when Rurik was gone. Cadman embraced his son and kissed him on the cheek.

"Good. I'm glad you've returned. Now go inside and wash the stench off you before greeting your mother. She has slept little with your delay."

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

The new dawn brought with it a new day, and a wet one at that. The foul weather made a considerable effect on Aoifes mood. She sat there, frowning furiously, rain dripping off the hem of her hood and the twins nattering away either side of her. She sighed as she observed the scenery around her. It was beginning to change already. The dense forests that surrounded and inhabited Atoni were beginning to slowly thin out into sprawling green fields and vineyards of Saibhreas.

Aoife had to admit, the sights intrigued her, yet the very thought made her feel almost like a traitor to her own home. The sounds of a approaching rider snapped her from her thoughts. She and the twins came to a halt as she lowered her hood to see who exactly was approaching. A tall man dressed in fine green robes (yet they were a little worn) stopped on front of them. It was her Father. For once on her life Aoife was rendered rather speechless, and it seemed he was too.

Calloch gave her a nod in greeting.
    "Aoife"
    She did the same
    "Father"
    A very long, awkward silence passed. The twins cleared their throats loudly. Calloch gave himself a little shake and looked at the twins doubtingly. Still stressing Aoife, he asked
    "I trust your journey has so far been ... Tolerable?"
    Aoife couldn't help but smile a little as she looked over at the twins
    "I suppose, for the most time"
    The twins scowled at her as she laughed. Calloch (surprisingly) smiled a little too. He began to walk on in the direction he had came from
    "Very well, come along then. We aren't far now, and I'm sure you'll be wanting to see your new home"
    How wrong could he be.

Lock had spent the night in the castle library. He had sneaked back in the early hours after wining and dining and had fallen asleep head first in a book.

Page 3 of 315 FirstFirst 1234553 ... LastLast