Page 1 of 303 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: (M)The Black Star Privateers: Smugglers and Heroes OOC

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Default (M)The Black Star Privateers: Smugglers and Heroes OOC

Rated M for possible mature content including sex, violence, language, graphic situations, and drug use.

The Black Star Privateers: Smugglers and Heroes

By the rings of Saturn and the tits of Venus, money is our game and defying death is in the contract.

The IC

The Black Star, RP Group Club.

Story: You're looking at the old cracked screen of a wrist-mounted PDA that you stumbled across in whatever town you found yourself in. You push an irresistibly red button and the screen lights up, you see a fierce looking Warbot.

His voice sounded like it was coming through a broken radio fading in pitch and clarity.
    "So you think space is cool? You think pirates are cool? So you're thinking Space Pirates must be the epitome of cool right? Well you wouldn't be more wrong! It sucks! Long hours, no promise of pay, and the ever pleasant overshadow of sudden and graphically messy death!

From behind the twitchy bot you see a futuristic woman that seemed to be made of sparks. She spoke with a smooth echoing voice
    "Come on K, you know the Captain wants you to recruit more people for the Black Star, not scare them away."

The warbot gave an electronic scoff and muttered under his breath which really wasn't under his breath.
    "Then he should've had the Navigator do it or his daughter. People react better to those pretty squishy types."

The Sparky woman sighed patting his broad back.
    "Yeah I know, but this is part of your punishment for shooting the other Gunner in the leg."

The warbot stood up from the chair and pointed and accusing finger at the woman.
    "Hey, that wasn't my fault! The fuzzball thought it was funny to screw with my voice modular on the Mechanic's table! I was stuck sounding like Carol Channing for a week while the grease monkey was home with a "new born child!"

The woman rolled her cyan blue eyes and pushed the cyborg back into the chair.
    "Yes, I'm sure, now finish up. It's almost chow time and I need my solar rays."

With a few more loud grumbles later and K looked back at the screen.
    "Fine, fine, damn painfully attractive AI manifestation. Ok, listen here all you squishies, half squishies, and unsquishies. I am a Togga Tech, Model 001, MK X-II Prototype Combat Cyborg. You can call me Killbot or K. And this is your invitation to the Black Star Privateers. We are galactic class movers of items of all kinds and types. We are also freelance...."obtainers" of anything someone pays us enough to obtain. If you got no place better to go, want some cash in your pocket, good food, a place to sleep, and are not a waste of life. Grab what you own, follow the instructions in this PDA and I'll see you in the Hanger" The message fades and you see a sketchy map leading you to a warehouse you didn't know existed. Once there you find a transport pad that looked one power outage away from exploding and a console with another tempting red button. You push this one too despite words like "Shanghaiing" "Slave Ring" and "Body Snatchers" going through your mind. The transport pad whirs to life and more instructions appears on the dirty console screen. The instructions are simple and painfully punny.

Step into the center of the pad, keeps all your gear and limbs inside the vehicle at all times, and click your heels together three times.

You do all and you feel your body become weightless before you're ripped apart atom by atom and transported to the infamous hanger of the Black Star, a Stellar Racer class Smuggler Vessel. You are greeted by the rag tag crew and enrolled right away in whatever skills they find you have. With your room assigned and gear issued you begin the life of a Space Pirate.

Info: Ok people, here's where the info goes in all my OOCs. We will be the members of the Black Star, a Stellar Racer class ship outfitted with enough speed, armor, and guns to get ourselves into enough trouble to make us infamous. We are made up of aliens, cyborgs, robots, and humans all mashed together with a combination of needs to survive, similar skills, and no place better to go.

Most of us have been together for a few years, but we have some new members that we scooped up out of the gutter with promises of money, a place to sleep, and enough food to keep them from seeing their ribs. All we ask is loyalty and some kind of useful skill that the Captain can use. I don't have any set jobs yet but we all know what type of jobs come with a space ship.

We are Rogues, former Military, former Law Enforcement, anyone and everyone that has been stamped under the foot of society one way or another. We take whatever jobs comes our way that won't immediately get us killed and pays us enough to piss it away on booze and cheap company. Stashed away on the Scoundrel Colony of Cairn, we spend our money and wait for the next mission. The right people know where to find us, and we aren't big on publicity. The only interactions we initiate is our wide-spread recruitment. He have transport pads somewhere in many major cities of the universe and everyone leads right to Cairn.

So far the story is simply this, we are the intrepid but dysfunctional crew of the Black Star. Smugglers, occasional mercs, and even heroes when they find ourselves in the situation. We cruise through Worm Holes, dodge around meteors, evade the planet cracker guns of various Galactic super powers all in the name of money and usually by the skin of our teeth.

After blasting our way through a Planet Cracker Wave of the Skorne Empire we return to our HQ on the back space planet of Carin, but before we even get the chance to air out our space suits we get a call from the spooky Space Specter, an interstellar criminal known to give the best and most dangerous jobs. We've worked with him before and only lost a couple of crewmembers, but the money we made after those jobs was enough to bury the pain under mountains of things we had only seen in the catalogs of the rich and famous.

So we made sure everyone's will is up-to-date and took the mission. We are being sent out into the forgotten Zeta Quadrant to raid the lost planet of the Hurlords for a piece of planet altering tech that would turn even the most hostile of atmosphere into the perfect habitat for any race that claims it.

Will the crew of the Black Star fulfill the contract to the letter and give the power of God to a nameless crook? Will they take responsibility and keep such a power out of the hands of people who might abuse it? Or will they even claim it for themselves and become the most powerful people in the universe? It's up to you! Join and make your choice for the future of known existence.

Spoiler: Ship Layout by MarchingThunder 

Spoiler: Our extra vehicles 

Spoiler: The Hanger Layout 

Spoiler: Our Missions DONE 

Spoiler: Creation Nuances 

Skeleton

Name:
    Appearance(pic and description):
    Race:
    Job:

Racial Skills and Abilities (limit of 4):
    Normal Skills and Abilities(limit of 5):
    Weapons(Limit of 4 weapons):
    Armor(one sensible suit of armor):
    Augs(Limit of 3):

Personality:
    Background:
    Other:

The Crew/ reserved spots

Here's an explanation of jobs and ranks, many of these are rather obvious but some I will explain further.

Quartermaster: You are in charge of not only setting up supply runs, but keeping track of weapons, armor, Augs, tools, and whatever cargo the ship has. You are the top third officer should the Captain and First Mate be unable to do their jobs.

Sensors Operator: You're the one that watches all the radar, lidar, thermal, optical, and coordinates with the Gunners and Navigator to keep us all alive.

Asst. Navigator: If it's not steering the ship when the Navigator needs to check charts, it's checking the charts while the Navigator steers. You are the Navigator's helper and co-pilot.

Gunner: From using the ships Rail Cannons to the heavy weapons of dismount, you are the big hitters and Front-Line Guards of the Black Star.

Mechanic: You fix the Cyborgs, Bots, ship, and gear. You are the master of all things hardware.

Medic: You are the White Mage of the ship, you take care of the crew, and you make sure we all don't die from too many laser holes.

Asst. Medic: You are the White Mage's helper, you take care of the crew the Medic can't, and you help make sure we all don't die from too many laser holes.

Engineer: Like the Mechanic, you are the master of fixing things. But instead of hardware you work with software. Systems for the ship, Bots and Cys are under your sphere of influence. You are also the Crew's resident hacker.

Asst. Engineer: Like the Asst. Mechanic, you are the Master of fixing things helper. But instead of hardware you work with software. Systems for the ship, Bots and Cys are under your sphere of influence. You are also one of the Crew's resident hackers.

Scout: You are the ship's primary dismounts and intel gatherers. The Gunner is the Guard, and you are the Sniper. Light in weaponry and armor you supplement the Expedition Crew and scope out the terrain before the crew lands.

Captain: Dar-Togga by Siks
    First Mate: Evan Chase by Rayfire

Quartermaster: Xantos Skaros by Dnafein
    Cook: Michael Atreides by Wakachukie

Communication: Aidebot by Juicesir
    Sensors Operator: Roxi Ringpelt NPC Could be replaced

Navigator: Syran “Sy” Baxter by Sinderella
    Asst. Navigator: Racer NPC

Head Gunner: Killbot by Siks
    Gunner#1: Reserved for GeildPhantom on 6/17/2016
    Gunner#2: Samuel ‘Sam’ Lorn by Pheasant
    Gunner#3: Open

Head Mechanic: Shinkei Sahoun by Koti
    Asst. Mechanic: OPEN

Head Medic: Dave Nichols by Storm
    Asst. Medic: Rockford Ringpelt NPC Could be replaced

Head Engineer: Ekaterina "Kat" Caiven Rovitz by Arthera
    Asst. Engineer: Duke Solar NPC Could be replaced

Head Scout: Bailey Gray by MarchingThunder
    Scout#1: Rivet NPC
    Scout#2: Oren Aoki by Storm
    Scout#3: OPEN

NPC : Sir Maximus Starcore GM NPC

Waiting to join

Aux Mechanic: Randy "Block" Grey by ShiftyTide

Aux Medic: Dr. Karina "Kari" Devauul by Setsa

Waiting to be taken out

Scyllia Oblige by The Internet

Rey Goldheart by Elizabeth16

Spoiler: Togga's Family 

1. All RPA Rules and Mature Section rules apply.
    2. I made this a mature RP for the reason of creative freedom, anything goes for the most part as long as none of the rules are broken
    3. I am the GM and as such I have the last say in issues.
    4. Any issues between players deal with in PMs.
    5. If the problem persists send me both sides and I'll see if I can help.
    6. If I help and it continues ask a mod or get out.
    7. Be active and post at least a paragraph a post.
    8. Ignorance of the rules won't save you if you break them.
    9. Be smart, have fun, and no modding or powerplaying.
    10. Any new RP ideas are welcome just run them by me and we'll see about working them out.
    11. Inactivity will be punished by the death of your char.
    12. The GM is the only judge of inactivity, when the RP is going well it's a week unless you send me word of your inactivity then I'll pull you along but after two weeks your character will be on the chopping block unless you have a good reason for not being around. And after three weeks they die no matter what.
    13. Reserves will only be held for a week before you lose it.
    14. Keep all powers, mutations, abilities, augs, and skills sensible and not OP.
    15. Same goes for Weapons and Armor.
    16. Augs are singular in purpose and just enhance a natural ability. Over use of the aug though will result in it's failure.
    17. Limit of two chars a player.
    18. If you've read down this far, add a good in-character at least 2 paragraph scene in the Other section of the sheet.

*I reserve the right to add, delete, or change any rule at any time.*
    Last edited by SikstaSlathalin; 08-07-2018 at 11:39 PM.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

Anything and Everything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Bailey S. Gray
    Appearance:

Bailey is slimly built, standing at 5’ 8” with only a moderate C bust and her hips are rather wide with a well shaped and toned ass. Solid, hard working muscles sit beneath a smoothing layer of fat across he entire body, providing a very pleasant form to look at. Her eyes are the color of burnished gold and her hair which reaches to midway down her back is primarily silver with darker gray highlights scattered throughout. Though her body is now customizable due to her cyborg status, Bailey has not changed her appearance to waver from what she looked like as a human.
    Race: Cyborg, former human
    Job: Head of Scouting Party
    Racial Skills and Abilities:
    ~Energy Generation Dynamo - The energy dynamo is a device installed within the bodies of all Mk. IX cyborg commandos. The device functions to through methods that are still not fully understood to pull energy from the curvature of space-time, functioning on dimensions other than the standard three dimensions of movement and the one dimension of time. Use of the dynamo with living beings is rare as during the Mk. IX series severe mental disturbances were found to be caused by prolonged exposure to the device, something unavoidable as it is what powered their bodies. Complications have been found, as when attempting to dispose of soldiers with the dynamo, nothing short of complete chunking was found to be sufficient as the dynamo provided a link between their minds and higher dimensions, allowing them to continue existing and regenerate from even horrendous, mission usually ending damage.
    ~Synthetic Body - A fully synthetic body featuring synthetic muscle fibers, nano-lattice bones, nanomachine 'gray-goo' blood, time-dilation processors, and a fully synthetic brain permit a Mk. IX to perform activities and actions at speeds and accelerations that would make mincemeat of humans though easily within robotic limits. With reaction times off the charts, and a body capable of following along, a Mk. IX cyborg is capable of acting and reacting faster than nearly anything else.
    ~Nano-Regeneration - The second feat of the Mk. IX takes astounding advantage of the energy generation dynamo by using it to create energy-to-mass reactions to create nano-machines on an as needed basis to repair any damage suffered by the cyborg unit. Small wounds can be repaired within minutes, but larger damage including limb loss and large traumas can require other systems to be power restricted to ensure speedy recovery. Recovery can be slowed however in order to maintain full strength in exchange for slowing down repairs.
    ~Plasma Generation - Specialized organs throughout the body that replaced some of the original human organs allow for the generation of super high temperature plasma along with intense electromagnetic fields. These fields can be used on their own, or to shape and control the plasma as a melee weapon in various shapes.
    Normal Skills and Abilities:
    ~Close Combat Expert - Owing to her training and her own experience, Bailey is an extremely proficient and deadly close quarters combatant.
    ~Ranged Combat Expert - Also owing to her training and her own experience, Bailey is an extremely proficient and deadly in the use of ranged weapons.
    ~Cook - Though not the ship’s chef, Bailey is still quite capable of feeding herself.
    Weapons:
    ~Heavy Rail Rifle - A heavy battle rifle designed for short to medium range combat, this sleek, black and gray rifle uses linear rails and a power supply linked to the user to fire three round bursts of heavy, Mach 9 general purpose rounds. Specialty ammo can be used, effective against both hard and soft targets.
    ~Rail Submachine Gun - A lighter weight and shorter version of the Heavy Rail Rifle, the Rail Submachine Gun is closer to a gattling gun as it uses a series of rotating rails within its body to maintain an extremely high rate of fire between six hundred and fifteen hundred rounds per minute. As with the HRR, the Rail Submachine Gun requires an external power source provided by the user.
    ~KS-23 Riot Shotgun - A museum piece of a weapon, the KS-23 is Bailey’s pride and joy. A shotgun from Russia, the weapon is made from discarded anti-aircraft barrels of 23mm, classifying the weapon as 4 gauge shotgun. Slugs from the weapon are capable of piercing light armor and disabling vehicles at more than three hundred meters.
    ~Combat Knife - Bailey carries an eleven and a half in combat knife, the blade is black and serrated on the reverse edge.
    Armor:
    ~Haven Armor - Even with the powerful and resilient bodies they possess, Mk. IX cyborgs still wear at least light combat armor which consists of an armored body suit, heavy bracers and greaves and a helmet with built in sensors to aid in the detection of enemies.
    Augs:
    ~Stealth System - A portable stealth generator, this item completely masks all light, thermal, and sound emissions from the user, however significant power restrictions require that it either have an exterior power supply, or only short usages.
    Personality:
    Mild is the best way to describe Gray. She rarely objects to anything other than blatant foolishness and idiocy. Preferring to go with the flow, she'll follow what orders are given to her and will fulfill them to the best of her abilities. Simple praise is enough to motivate her to push even harder than before, owing to her desire for acceptance. However she is still very capable of giving orders and taking command of the situation, a trait she picked up in the Special Forces. Below everything though, Bailey is more than willing to engage in childish behavior is the source of more than a few vexing pranks across the BlackStar.
    ~Playing poker
    ~Cleaning her weapons
    ~Burgers
    Dislikes:
    ~Being yelled at
    ~Stupid people
    ~Screwing up (her or others)
    Background:
    From birth, nothing but perfection was accepted by Bailey's parents. While not a disability or in anyway defective, the genetic disorder that caused her silver-gray hair put her behind in her parents' graces out of the gate. Till she graduated high school at eighteen and entered the military, Gray faced harsh punishments and cruel dismissals by her family every time she failed to make perfect grades of to be on the varsity sports teams. Once she entered the military, Gray cut ties with her family.

In the military, Gray found that she could pass with relative ease provided that she did her best, working to continue avoiding conflict and enjoying the acceptance of being part of a group that was closer to being her family than her own family had been. At twenty-two, she joined the Special Forces and underwent cyborg transformation, becoming one of the first of the Mk. IX series combat cyborgs. Five years of loyal and effective service followed this before the decision was made in command to retire the Mk. Ix’s due to mental instabilities displayed in a significant percentage of those who had undergone the process. Rather than be removed from her body and downgraded to a generic cyborg body, Bailey left the military and is officially AWOL after breaking out of holding, listed as extremely dangerous but low priority to not be approached without significant reinforcements.

After several months on the move as a fugitive, Bailey fell in with the crew of the Black Star after having been caught in one of their raids only to become rather miffed at the ability of their crew and deciding that it would be better for an expert to show them how it was done.
    Other:
    Within a solid steel room, buried deep within the bowels a navy battleship, two people sat at a polished steel table, facing each other across the mirror smooth surface. One was an older man in a sharp dress uniform, a briefcase resting beside him on the floor and a number of papers laid out on the table before him. The other person was a woman in her mid twenties in a casual black and gray uniform, silver and gray hair reaching midway down her chest as she rested her elbows on the table and held her pale face in her hands, as she sighed before leaning back in her seat, her hands resting on her knees.

“For the record of this investigation, please state your full name, rank and serial number,” the man spoke in a gravelly voice as he pulled a small audio recorder from his pocket and flipped it into the ‘on’ position.

“Name: Bailey Samantha Gray, rank: Sergeant Major, serial number: MSF-90664722301,” the woman, Bailey Gray, stated, her voice firm and solid as she closed her gold-brown eyes.

“Thank you Sergeant Major,” the man replied, “now for the record, you have not been accused of anything in this investigation of the events of the SOLOMON’s TEMPLE operation. However false testimony will see you tried for perjury and potentially treason under the JAG articles. Do you understand?”

“Yes, sir.” she replied, her voice not wavering in the least.

“Very well. Now please, in your own words, explain the events that occurred during OPERATION SOLOMON’s TEMPLE.”

“Understood sir,” Bailey replied, pausing for several seconds to take a breath and gather her thoughts before she continued speaking, “OPERATION SOLOMON’S TEMPLE started in the muster room of the XNV-Oriskany where the Lieutenant began to explain the mission we had been given after that, we deployed…”

~~||~~

Ten minutes into the mission and Bailey stood just beside the inner airlock of the target ship. across the doorway were two more soldiers in similar armor to her own black and gray Haven armor and behind her way another. Each of them was carrying a weapon at the ready, two of them carrying SMGs, the third an assault rifle, and lastly she was carrying her KS-23. Nodding her head, Bailey flashed three fingers with her left hand before two and then one before a closed fist. At that instant, a breaching charge in the center of the door ignited, blowing the airlock doors inward and off their slides.

Within a split second Bailey had moved through the door low, the soldier behind her high and a matching position on the other side of the door as they searched the hallway for targets. As two people were highlighted by the system in her helmet, she aimed her shotgun and pulled the trigger, firing a heavy, four gauge slug down the hallway to pierce through the chest of a crewman in a spray of blood and gore out the back.

“Clear!” “Clear!” “Clear!”

the three shouts were the signal to her as she nodded and sprinted down the hallway, her KS-23 at her shoulder and ready as they made their way through ship.

~~||~~

Three decks down and eight shells later, Bailey’s group piled up outside the massive doors of a cargo bay. sharing nods with her team before tapping the ‘open’ button on the bay doors, watching as they slid sideways into the walls before a hail of gunfire came out of the open bay, forcing them into cover to avoid the fire. A nod to her soldier across the door was enough to get a flash bang rolling in through the door. Curses followed from the other side followed by the resounding bangs of the weapons before her squad rounded the corners, guns levels as they opened up on the crewmen who were still standing in the open. There was a spattering of return fire, but those few rounds were poorly aimed or glanced off of their body armor.

When the sensors finally registered clear after another half dozen minutes of pitched combat, Bailey carefully lead her group inside, sweeping side to side before arriving at a massive, sealed container painted with hazard signs.

“Spread out, secure the room,” she ordered before tapping into her comm line.

“Command, objective secure, ready for extraction,” she said calmly.

And then the shit hit the fan.
    "An absolute beginner on a real battlefield is a self-solving problem. An absolute beginner in a videogame is the concept of handicap given human form."
    -Cracked.com 6 Idiots you meet in every online game

Dark Lord of the Gif
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Spoiler: Quarter Master 

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Sure thing Fein.

Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

A Storm Is Coming
    fantasy, SF, horror, romance, western, historical fiction, anime/manga, paranormal
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Name: Sabor Reinkzar
    Spoiler: Appearance 

Job: Gunner
    Spoiler: Race: Bayn'gül 

Spoiler: Racial Skills and Abilities 

Spoiler: Normal Skills and Abilities 

Spoiler: Weapons 

Spoiler: Armor 

Augs(Limit of 3): N/A

Personality: Confidence, Honor, Diligence, Ferocity. These are but some of the words one would use to describe Sabor Reinkzar. Some traits are more profound than others, as most well-rounded folk would be hard pressed to find themselves aboard a pirate vessel. Sabor would be more on the ferocious side of the spectrum. To some, he would be called a high-functioning sociopath with acute narcissistic rage, but he is only a cut above most other Bayn'gül males. The reason behind his aggressive nature can often be tied to the high levels of testosterone constantly pumping through his veins. The reason for this would require one to either study Bayn'gül physiology intimately or get Sabor extremely drunk and have him talk about it.

Temper aside, Sabor carries himself with a confident charisma and a savage kind of magnetism. He comes of as initially prickly and jagged, and that outward projection will not change, but further time spent with Sabor will prove him to be rather charming in a raw and less-than-civilized way. He is quick to bust the balls of his fellow crew and even quicker to draw his blaster on some lout running their mouth. Beneath the jagged edges of his pirating years, Sabor still holds at his core the Laws of the Bayn, the strict code of honor that all Bayn'gül live by and the Laws that the Khal'kaan's Honor Guard are expected to be paragons of. As such, he will never lie, even to an enemy. To his kind, lying is reserved for cowards and weaklings, and the weak die quickly on Kysmet
    Likes: Food, fights, drink, the fairer gender, violent and passionate sexual relations, military hardware, exercise
    Dislikes: Liars, cowards, all around useless individuals, being confined/constrained, most civilized governments

Background: To be one of the Bayn'gül is to be born into a legacy of survival and warfare. Ever since their entrance into the galactic community, they have done little expansion beyond their own system - a few colonies here and there - but more than anything else, they keep their corner of space to themselves. This time of isolation, in the wake of the terrible Hate War with the Draggost, the Bayn'gül protected their home world with unbridled ferocity. Sabor was born into these distrustful and violent times. The desperate and downtrodden were rife and wild on Kysmet, covering the world in chaos, threatening to destroy them more than the Draggost virus bombs did.

Growing into maturity is such chaos and violence marks an individual, especially on a wild and unforgiving Death World like Kysmet. Sabor was one such individual, where every day in the Military Academy overlooked the bloodshed in the streets. His parents were one of the downtrodden and poor. They knew their life was going to be grim and short, especially with the taxation on offspring. So, for their sake as well as the sake of their cub, they offered Sabor to the Khal'kaan's military. They would care for him, raise him, and hone him into a strong and honorable man. So the State raised Sabor and others like him.

The mind of a child is a powerful thing. So devoid of beliefs and superstitions, it is waiting and willing to be filled with knowledge. The teachings of the Military Academy were all hand-crafted by the Khal'kaan's cabinet (one of his three wives and her advisors) and ultimately approved by the Khal'kaan. The education was propaganda, to put it plainly, designed to implant a devout faith in the Bayn'gül Laws and craft them into patriots glad to spill blood for their leaders without reserve. Those who could not properly absorb the information were discarded, deemed unfit for their harshness of the galaxy. Sabor, on the other hand, absorbed the teachings of the Military Academy voraciously. He was ambitious, which was a volatile but powerful trait in the eyes of the Warmasters. What mattered was that it was a trait they could use. The Warmasters would push young Sabor, promising him honor and glory in the highest so long as he obeyed their orders and the commands of the Khal'kaan.

The years came and went, as did two violent civil uprisings that were put down swiftly and violently. In both of those civil uprisings, Sabor defended the State against rebels, slaying his own people as they had turned against the Chief-of-Cheifs and endangered the balance of power. The status quo, as it was. Sabor served with distinction, proving that for such a hot tempered individual, he was cold when he needed to be. Such ferocity and unquestioning loyalty to the cause was not a trait that could be programmed or taught. Recognizing such qualities in the field, the Warmasters quickly kept the promises made to Sabor, elevating him to the ranks of the Honor Guard by the time he was twenty-five.

As a member of the Honor Guard, Sabor served and trained with the most decorated warriors in all of Kysmet, honing his craft and tempering himself as a warrior and a weapon. Despite his harsh methods, Sabor was greatly adored by the people, for it was his iron claw in the Honor Guard that kept the bubbling cells of anarchists from tearing down Bayn'gül society, even flying far off-world to repel those unfortunate enough to wander into Bayn'gül space. It was Sabor's continuing success, his constant climb up the ladder of status, that brought about his demise in Bayn'gül society. Behind the veil of military gallantry, the cabinet of the Khal'kaan started moving, deviating from the ways of their people, entertaining deceit and underhanded political maneuvering to gain power.

The Bayn'gül had been having growing tensions with the humans as some of their colony territories started to clash. The Bayn'gü population was split on the matter. Some endorsed finally opening the border to the humans and encouraging a multi-cultural populations while others still stood for isolation. From his position on the Honor Guard, Sabor could see that the Bayn'gül were growing too large for their restrictive borders, that space was too vast for them to stay on one small place. That while they were strong, they could not last against humanity and their allies should it come to war. Being highly trusted and regarded by the Khal'kaan and his wives, they were inclined to listen to Sabor, even though he was not an advisor. Sabor had seen more action in his twenty-five years of service than most Prides see in a lifetime career. For the Bayn'gül, that gave his words weight, for they came from wisdom gained through action. The Khal'kaan's inclination to heed the words of his Honor Guard over the nobles infuriated the noble confederates, who quickly grew in number with each passing day.

Ultimately, the confederate movement, named the Tribulan Rygal, orchestrated the assassination of the Khal'kaan. The first assassination since the Bayn'gül ascended into the space age on their planet. Sabor witnessed the assassination and sought retribution for the slain Chief-of-Chief's. Raising his crescent blade high, he bloodied the usurper, readying to remove the traitor head when the rest of the Honor Guard burst through the chamber doors. As if on queue. Sabor was named the assassin, his reputation for ambition and glory-seeking turned against him, as there is no better glory known than to be the Khal'kaan. Sabor was banished beyond the edges of Bayn'gül space, cast adrift in a primitive shuttlecraft.

Sailing the aether for months, running short on food and water, Sabor crash landed on Cairn. Naturally, the fiery impact of a shuttle would not go unnoticed, so the Cairn Militia took up arms to investigate. The wreckage bore the markings of the Bayn'gül, immediately putting them on edge. With a bestial roar, Sabor burst from the wreckage, half-blind from pain and nearly rabid with hunger. He moved unlike anything the militia-men had seen before, cutting through them like a hot knife through snow. Fleeing into the caves and deserts after the initial skirmish, Sabor left nearly thirteen militia dead and another ten wounded, half of which would likely not see it through the night.

Unaware of his location on the galactic map, Sabor made do with surviving in the wilderness of Cairn, ambushing local caravans for supplies, striking patrols in ballsy and innovative attack patterns, never repeating his stratagem more than once. His harassment of the smaller settlements grew so bothersome that they started to set fire to the wilderness itself in an attempt to burn "the beast" out. They succeeded, driving Sabor from the caves and into their spotlights. Sabor knew he was finished, but he would be damned if he did not reach his end roaring into the face of adversity, as was the Bayn'gül way. Charging at the militia firing line, Sabor shouted Bayn'gül profanities at the lot of them. He saw the light of their muzzles flashing. He felt the burn of high-frequency energy hitting his body. Then all was dark.

Imagine his surprise when Sabor awoke in the Cairn prison, shackled to a wall with a cigar-chomping shark-man peering at him through the ray shield of his cell. The shark introduced himself as Togga, what was best described as a leader in the den of scoundrels. It was Togga's paid men that took the greatest ravaging from Sabor's attacks, as it was also Togga's men who finally brought "the beast" down. By Cairn law, it was Togga who got to decide Sabor's fate. It could have been quite simple - just flood the cell with radiation and watch the feline wither and die. Togga was a reputed businessman, though, and he saw an asset that would make back the money lost on his account in spades. Togga gave Sabor a chance to prove himself worthy of being more than a live target at the range. The Bayn'gül proved himself to be worth every penny, and then some.

He has been traveling aboard the Black Star as one of the ship's primer gunners and their de-facto heavy muscle for the uglier jobs, or if Togga just wanted to make the squabs shit their pants. Sabor has made friends and enemies aplenty, even fostering an attraction from the boss' daughter on one of their more recent visits to Cairn, which ended in an impromptu beating. There was also Killbot, who Sabor is constantly in a game of one-upmanship with. After a considerable night of drinking, Sabor hatched the brilliant plan to mess with Killbot's voice module, making the machine sound like Carol Channing while the mechanic was away. Sure, Sabor took a bullet to the leg for it, but the pain was totally worth the laugh.

Many wonder how a man like Togga earned, let alone kept, the loyalty of a man like Sabor. Money? Land? Drugs? Weapons? Women? All good guesses, but what Sabor wants is revenge. To strike back at those who dishonored him and dishonored the Khal'kaan's holy name by breaking the Laws of Bayn'gül for the throne. Togga promised Sabor revenge and retribution as well as a cut of all profits made. For the exiled Honor Guard, that was more than enough.

Spoiler: RP Sample 

Fantasy! Although if well-crafted, I can be found playing pretty much anything.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Oh! Haven't been in one of these futuristic RPs in a while! I'm already getting a good idea for an Engineer/Hacker character, so calling dibs on a spot.

Senpai
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

I'm not suited for any other spot than a runner, so I guess I'll reserve a spot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hello ! You know the drill . If you'd like to advertise/show off your RP to the site to garner more interest, be sure to check out these helpful links:

Roleplaying Games Directory – Add your RP to the directory!
    Staff Sigs – Have the staff advertise your RP in their signatures!
    Roleplay of the Week – Enter your RP in "Roleplay of the Week" to show it off to the site!
    Roleply of the Week Banner Shop – Get a cool banner made for your RP!
    The RPA Tribune – Get your RP featured in the RPA News!

The bumbliest of bumbling bees
    All sorts, I'm open like that.
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Reserve me medic? I'll have a CS up as soon as I can

The last mosquito that bit me had to check into the Betty Ford clinic

Red Ninja
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Ok peoples, all called reserves are on the list and now just waiting on the sheets to fill them.

I will get to work on my two chars today.

Page 1 of 303 12351 ... LastLast