Page 1 of 271 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: RWBY: Welcome to Beacon! (M)

Born in Gondor, raised in Valhalla, reside in Cloud city.
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default RWBY: Welcome to Beacon! (M)

This RP is rated M due to an excessive amount of Gore, allowance of cursing, and 'touchy' themes. (Racism between either of the two primary species for example)

Spoiler: Opening narration 

Disclaimer: This is a parody RP set in the world of RWBY created by a Mr. Monty Oum. Due to the show being in it's first season and soon to start it's second at the time of the creation of this thread the RP is a product of change.

Basic Plot: You are a new student at Beacon academy. Where you will train to fight creatures of Grimm, and other threats to Humanity (and Faunus)

Click here to learn about Aura

Rules
    All RPA rules apply
    You need to show that you're willing to CONTRIBUTE to this RP. You need to post at least once a week, and are given a warning every day thereafter. Warning Three will be your last chance. (Exceptions to those stuck due to another player/an early warning about real life.)
    Grammar and detail are important!!
    No cake.
    Due to MY nature.. I encourage infighting and character death due to stupidity. (Yooou really deserve it if you get to that level in this world .) So..keep that in mind.
    If you want to make a non-student character.. please give it your all for the CS.
    You're allowed up too two characters. HOWEVER! It is recommended you use one.
    As GM I have all rights to deny your CS.
    Also as GM I have right to make your weapon explode if you start godmodding.

Spoiler: Character sheet 

Spoiler: BRIaR 

Spoiler: GaLlaNT 

Spoiler: Beacon Staff 

Spoiler: AHU- 
    Last edited by Drakkon; 10-21-2014 at 02:01 PM.

I am Drakkon on Wattpad. (Kinda makes sense.)

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'm about to head out to get ready for work, but I'll have Gwen posted when I have the chance.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I have two character concepts but first I need some food.
    One can either be an instructor or mentor type of character, feel free to post yoru thoughts on that while Im out.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Chief might want to have an instructor as well so okay. I'm willing to see the concepts.

Fantasy, Anime, Sci-fy, Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Jace Treemor
    Appearance: https://static.desktopnexus.com/thumb...rior%20450x281
    Imagine him with a blue jacket as well. The eye patch is there also.
    Are you Faunus? : No
    Personality: Jace is extremely sociable, but prefers his own space at times. He will try and make friends when he can, and those he does make he is very loyal to them. Even those who are mean he tries to give them a second chance. It is very hard to make Jace mad, and when you do you know you have messed up.

When he is by himself he is either reading or training. Jace considers himself a professional procrastinator and almost never studies.

Likes: Weapons, Grimm creatures, books, history, friends, sparring/fighting, music
    Dislikes: School as a whole, bullies, racists (towards Faunus)
    Semblance: Jace is able to use his Semblance to enter a bullet-time like state. This take much out of him, but in this state he is able greatly increase his reflexes.

Weapon: Boombox - Boombox is a warhammer with blue and purple lines on the sides of it. It is about five feet in height and weighs about 30 pounds. In this form Boombox cannot do much besides, well, be a hammer!

In Boomboxes second form it become a cannon-like weapon. It uses purple and blue Dust as ammo for its shots. When Boombox fires, it creates sound waves that have an earthquake-like effect. There are two dials on either side of it. One increases or weakens the sound waves and the other spreads or concentrates the sound waves.

Background: Jace was the son of a weapons maker that made specialized weapons for heroes. He was considered one of the best makers in the city and made them for a cheap price. IT didn't take long before Jace also found an interest in weapon making as well. His father told him that if he learned how to fight, and if he made his own design, he would help him make his weapon.

After five years of training and making his weapon, he finally had it. Due to its specialization, he named it Boombox. It took a while before he learned how to control it, even taking the eyesight of his left eye, but eventually he got the hang of it. Jace's father recommended him to go to Beacon Academy to train to become a hero. How could anyone refuse?

Theme song: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=...FBFFCF62940065

Extra: Jace has limited eyesight due to the accident he had as a child.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There are no place holders..

Sci-Fi, fan-fic, really just whatever catches my eye
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Well, hopefully this one doesn't fall apart. And here's my CS.

Name: Wei Raynkin

Appearance:
    Her hair is set in a short pixie cut, with blonde hair and black highlights at the tips. She has storm gray with pale skin, showing slight hints at a tan. From the top to bottom, Wei wears a gray cowboy hat, with a pair of aviator sunglasses as well. He shirt is a leather vest, colored gray, with a black shirt underneath it. She wears cargo pants the fade to gray as you go up, so it starts out gray at her hips and goes to black at her ankles, which is covered by her boots, a black leather. On her hips are two holsters for Mercy and Redemption, and pouches on her belt for lots of ammo.

Are you Faunus? : no

Personality: a balance between 'never speaks always stoic' and 'party girl'. She'll talk if someone starts a conversation, or is something important needs to be said, but other than that, she doesn't speak much. She'll work with a team though.

Likes: Weapons, hunting Grimm, cleaning her weapons, music

Dislikes: clubs, dancing, bright lights

Semblance: Perception. Increased adrenaline flow allows for a time dilation effect, letting Wei hit targets easier, or detect threats and react quickly. prolonged use is dangerous, as it drains both Aura and what the body makes normally, so it is used in quick bursts. Wei has dubbed it 'Dead-Eye' due to how accurate it makes her shots when in use.

Weapon: The Collapsible Sword Revolvers(CSRs) are what the name says. The grip doubles as the handle, and leans back a bit more when in Sword mode. The blade is hollow, and folds downward, til it surrounds the barrel, allowing for heavy caliber ammo to be used. The hilt collapses in to show the revolver portion, and to form the hammer as well. Wei has two, one black, one white. The black one is Redemption, the White one Mercy

Background: Trained to be a weapon-smith, Wei Raynkin had only ever gotten one set of weapons created, the CSRs, before her town was attacked by Grimm. Being only 14 at the time, Wei fought as best she could, which wasn't all that great, having never really used a sword or revolver before hand.

Her friends and family dead, the village was discovered by a pair of passing Hunters who rescued Wei, getting her all the way to Atlas before leaving her there in an orphanage. Wei didn't didn't stay long, just there long enough to steal some Lien from the people running the home and then left. She taught herself how to use her weapons, and made a name for herself as a mercenary. When she was old enough to apply for Beacon, she sent in an application, her Merc work under the section of 'previous combat education'.

Theme song: Redemption Blues - Miracle of Sound

Extra: is plagued by nightmares from the night she lost her town was attacked by Grimm from time to time. She wakes up screaming and unable to sleep the rest of the night. Effects her attitude the following day.
    War...war never changes.
    A Wanderer always walks the lonesome road at some point. always
    You want to see my army? Come take a look....
    Hey look, I got a card!!
    Can you face the Gathering Storm?
    Spoiler: The Undead Pledge 

Spoiler: The way of the Warrior 

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default character concepts

Name: Rafe Barune
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: hiding stretchy pic 

Are you Faunus? : umm no
    Personality: Generally aloof and good natured. Rafe hates being too serious in any setting that doesn't require it and will spend most of his time in a pub if he has his way.
    Dislikes: Overly serious types, spoiled moods and pointless posturing.
    Semblance type: perception, Rafe has trained himself to be aware of everything around him. Though he is by no means Omnipresent he is accutley aware to anything approaching or directly threatening him.
    Weapon: Dustblade, a sword especially shaped for duels housing a rotating cylinder holding dust crystals to enchant the blade.
    Background: One of the few Hunters to venture into the heart of the Grimms territory and return alive. Rafe spends most of his time in the company of other veterans and making lighthearted jokes about the younger generation and their youthful enthusiasm.
    His class was one of the best Beacon produced, Rafe and his team were formidable and well balanced by all appearances however in truth he was surprised they ever pulled together. after becoming a Hunter Rafe kept traveling only returning to a hold to rest or resupply while reporting and spreading exaggerated tales over a few pints. Though he prefers to keep traveling and exploring he received a personal letter from Ozpin requesting him to teach the next group of Hunters and Huntresses at Beacon. Never having been rooted to one spot for so long Rafe considered declining but felt he did owe a small amount of loyalty to Ozpin and so He returned to Beacon to help instruct the students in combat against the Grimm.
    Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-306ETJ-Rjg
    Extra: Though a bit of a braggart Rafe rarely initiates any confrontation unless it involves beer.

Name: Iejir Kothar
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: hiding stretchy pic 

Are you Faunus? :no
    Personality: Hot blooded and overly confident, Iejir tends to rush in head first never considering what his next move is going to be.
    Dislikes: Bullies, wimps, losing and lectures
    Semblace type: Offense, His head first attitude and thinking lead his aura to manifest in that direction. Iejir is able to channel his aura through his weapon further increasing his attack power.
    Weapon:
    Spoiler: GRIEVE 

a two handed Dustblade, designed to use Dust crystals to imbue the weapon with elemental properties.
    Background: The Kothar Family doesn't exist, at lest not in a traditional sense. The Kothar name is actually a type of clan. Raised in an orphanage Iejir was taught a basic curriculum that allowed for a lot of free time with the other kids. Being a typical child at that age he and the other boys often got into fights in the yard before being sent to their respective rooms.
    However after he turned five Iejir was taken out of the orphanage to the Kothar compound. One of their scouts had witnessed one of his fights and had been impressed with his instinctual fighting ability.
    It was there that Iejir learned about sword pay and fighting the Grimm, since the Kothar were an unofficial group however, Iejir was forced to enroll at Beacon to become a legally recognized hunter.
    Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SYSZ1Dw_pA
    Extra:

Shifted Auras to read as Semblance

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

.... I'm gonna say right now that we should probably have more detail in Aura .

Also gonna add I will not accept generic terms such as "Defensive" and "Offensive" for Aura...

fantasy/Parrody
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I was a bit confused on that seeing as the link only had those types of terms.

so we're just going with what we did last time and having the SEMBLENCE there.

Page 1 of 271 12351 ... LastLast