Thread: The RPA Tribune- September Edition!

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Default The RPA Tribune- September Edition!

Welcome, welcome, welcome to the Tribune's edition for the month of September! In theme with the back to school chaos, we decided to take a little extra time putting things together to get them just perfect!

Now onto the good stuff!

As I'm sure you're all aware, every month we choose a member of the month based off of qualities we find admirable. This month, we've chosen someone who is awesome, epic, and eager to help. Juder has been around for a few months now and has already taken part in many great roleplays, and has even GMed a few! Let us take this time to congratulate him on the impression he has made within this community, you truly deserve this award!

Also, in last month's edition we hinted towards something 'big' coming to RPA, and it has arrived! The count-down timer was just the start, but RPALandia is here! It is a roleplay based off of the beautiful forum itself, and the unique 'landscape' of RPA has been turned into five unique lands. So see for yourself, venture into the world of RPALandia and explore the realms of Downtown, Scifia, Generanel, Fantasia, and Privaite!

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

The Classifieds
    Up-and-coming RP's just waiting for you!

OOC
    People are running out of time. As the very foundation of the world is challenged, the world begins to fall apart at the seams as Alice, a very powerful spirit, is plotting to destroy it once and for all. It seems that she's invincible, as those set out to stop her never come back: alive, that is. Kato Manhasset, the Pale Rider (the king of the Grim Reapers), is determined to stop Alice and her army of undead creatures, and seems to know more than he's saying. As he goes into battle, however, one thing is clear. He won't be able to fight Alice alone. He needs help: YOUR HELP.

And, with only four weeks on the clock, he's running out of time.

-

Image Link||OOC Link
    Bang bang. Pew pew. We're wearing visors and running around in the future in space. Pew pew, killing gremlin looking monsters! Imma be the best of the best in this totally awesome, virtual reality game. Oh, shit, man. The monsters I shot are real?! THERE'S REAL DANGER?! WE HAVE TO SAVE THE SAVE THE SPACE STATIONS?! Sweetness.

-

Fan of Supernatural? What am I saying of course you are! Ever thought about playing a role along side of them or maybe even playing one of the characters yourself? Well then here is your chance. CartelSaide and myself have made this role play that we want to put in the Persistent Worlds RP which means that we want to have three different worlds! Heaven, Hell, and of course Earth! Play a demon roaming around the world looking for your next victim, or be a hunter who just sent your least favorite demon back to the depths of Hell. Join the fight between good and evil, right and wrong, who is cuter SAM OR DEAN?! Well I got a little carried away... Anyway, it's just on click away.

Roleplay Spotlight
    by Ruse

They who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night.-E.A. Poe

This month I decided to go with something a little darker, something currently active. Outlaws of Nottingham Chapter 1 by Setsa is set in the Robin Hood era, featuring the infamous criminal (or hero?!) himself. This roleplay is certain to entertain the fantasies of medieval violence, heroism, humor... and much, much more. So take a break from your studying and read up on a newly developing roleplay...

The Outlaws of Nottingham IC

As if anything Robin Hood isn't fascinating enough, here's a little teaser from the IC to perk your interest even more...

Quote Originally Posted by Setsa
    'clink..clink..clink..clink'

Coins were sounding out softly in their own song as a man counted them out, dropping them from hand to join their coin brethren back in the velvet red pouch. Once carried at the side of a Lord whom was their previous master. The pouch was taken by surprise from a seemingly pour and feeble man begging at the side of the road. In perfect timing with a distraction of a dead snake suddenly appearing at the road to spook and startle the horses of the riding party.

"Heh, Little John was good at finding such innocent means to provide the ideal opportunity for such tasks." Robin Hood thought to himself from where he was sitting on a log around the campfire.

Time was all he had really now a days. Word by travelers had been sent out in that early spring for others to join him here in Sherwood Forest. A few have came by then, a few others he had recruited himself by means of a duel or seeing them in action. But even now they were no more than six men who least have built suitable housing for them and others expected hopefully. To come to their well secluded small claim on the forest itself. Living off the land...oh it had it's hardships sure. Least the villagers of Nottingham were kind enough to absentmindedly leave a basket of cheeses and fruits in hidden locations just off the road that went through. Such was also ideal means of sending and receiving messages with the aid for that Friar Tuck. Good man, though he did love his honey wine..mead they called it up north. But with it all, the best part was knowing that the Sheriff was always looking for him when ever he got the chance with his men. To leave even more frustrated than when he started.

It was early summer now, three months passing by and three months time to make sure all was ready and set up for their survival. "Little John" Hood would call out while standing up to tie the bag to his belt at the hip. The muscular tower of a man would come from around the corner holding in each hand the reins of two horses. "Time to pay the Friar a visit then?" John would say with a smile on his face, having anticipated Hood's intentions. Leading the horses towards the campfire while one other man on horseback trotted up to join them. "Good man John, yes, something tells me he would know exactly what to do with these poor lost coins." Tapping the side of the large velvet bag at his hip before taking the reins of one horse. Mounting up in one fluid swing of the leg where from the saddle bag, would come out a dark green hooded cloak to disguise his appearance. The other two men having put on the same cloak, exchanged grins to one another before riding out to pay a visit to the village town of Nottingham.

"Come one and all who know better than the Law. For the hooded man of the forest seeks to join hands. Away from crown and injustice shall it be, when few become many for the same cause..."

Mentor Spotlight
    By Kris

Here's an issue we haven't seen in a awhile!

Yes, totally speaking of StormWolf's guide of Swordsmanship

How many of you have player a character that uses a sword? I know that I did, and I am certain many of our readers did as well.

So what is the secret?

With popular culture and media today, swordsmanship is presented to us in a multitude of ways. We have the "hacking and hammering" of Game of Thrones, the non-stop duels of Three Musketeers, and the army-slaying of Lord of the Rings. They all got some things right, but all of these have been written by individuals who have had little-to-no experience in wielding a sword.

It is important to learn the basic and origins of said fighting in order to write it better. So while you are at it, please check StormWolf's guide.

I'm sure it will be useful and fun

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

The Witch's Corner
    By Kris

There is nothing more creative than starting the day with a coffee... and bones shaped sugar cubes..

It just makes things so... delicious!.. almost like the taste of small kids... hmmmm

Speaking of nasty kids, I have been told that some of our dedicated readers are going back to school soon. Don't you worry, I made sure all the witches in your classes, I mean... teachers....will treat you fair and give you extra homeworks!!!!

Mee MEEE MEE MEE HAHAAGGAHAAA

Also, I have taken upon myself to try the Ice bucket challenge... Wasn't very wise of me...

So now I'm dead... See you all next issue!!!!

Comic Pages
    By Kris

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

From the Mouth of the Members
    by Ruse

This month is a very special month for RPA, with the RPALandia kicking into full gear. I wanted to take this month's article and interview members of the new roleplay. In particular, I wanted to ask them why they joined the group they did, whether it was for a closer attachment to the name or for the fun of it. The responses given were fascinating, and shed a new light on some of these members.

x Kiki x- The Squeamish Bandaid-Sticker

I chose to be a part of the Squeamish Bandaid Stickers based on the description given. I am currently in my last year of my Master's in Social Work, and as the class of the description states, their goal is to "attended the ailments and illnesses of the people of RPALandia, hoping to heal the population" - this reflects a lot of my values as a practicing social worker, so it spoke to my real life. I love helping people, and I wanted my character to reflect that, as my character is a version of me.

Craze- The Petty Prankster

Primarily, I chose the 'Petty Prankster' class because of my own 'identity' on RPA. The Joker is without doubt one of my favorite villains, if not my favorite. Most of the time I am just me on RPA, but sometimes I take joy in a little Joker-like roleplay. Showing that crazy side of me that I don't want to show in public. My title on RPA is also Clown Prince of Clime as a tribute to the Joker himself - but also to someone else.

Another reason, probably a bigger reason, is that the character is in fact a tribute to Danijel. Most of you will know who he is, some of you may not. Danijel was a guy from the 'good ol' RPA days', and I've been told he was a founding member as well. I have only known him for a short amount of time, but long enough to become friends rather quickly. We shared a similar interest or fascination for the Joker, something that immediately caught my attention towards Danijel.

But Danijel left RPA before I even got the chance to get to know him better. His departure made me sad, and I'm sure that it made many others sad as well. So, in a way, my character in RPALandia is a tribute and dedication to the original Clown Prince of RPA... Danijel.

Long story short, my character 'Craze' in RPALandia is a mixture of my own crazy side, my broad imagination and an honorable dedication to the RPA's former resident Clown Prince.

ZanNight- The Drunken Stumbler

Well, as a writer who's on a "growth kick", I specifically like to challenge myself into trying new things, such as characters that I've never played before. I looked through the OOC and saw that almost everybody else was choosing "Sad Hangmen" or "Wand Twirlers" and that absolutely nobody had yet chosen the "Drunken Stumbler" class yet.

I think situations like this one are typically wasted. You can come into a story with a character in mind, and I think that's not as creative as looking at the world already presented and making a character to fill a gap where one exists. It gave me the opportunity to be something different than everybody else, and I think that's always fun. It also makes my character stand out from the others.

Plus the "patron saint" of Drunken Stumblers appears to be Preach, who I think is tops. Maybe she'll smile down upon my character a little more since I'm one of her only disciples.

Cooking for Fun
    Presented to you by Ruse

Over the past few years I have gotten much more open-minded about my food. Before, I would never even look at an onion in my food. A pepper? No. I wouldn't have any vegetables, except for the occasional very finely diced carrots in my salad. Then, slowly but surely, through the help of my college courses, I began to experiment with my food and I have developed a...passion for cooking. I love to create my own recipes as, more often than not, I am far too picky for those in books. I love to read recipes and to modify them to my liking, but more often than not I will simply create a new recipe with a select few ingredients.

With that being said, all of the recipes featured here will be 100% original. I like for cooking to be fun. It may be time consuming in some recipes, but...the end result is worth it.

Without further adieux, I present to you my first recipe for the Tribune!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chicken Quesadillas

Servings: For two you can usually make it last two-three meals.
    Preparation time: Ten minutes
    Cook time: Roughly 20-25
    Total time: 30-35

Ingredients:
    1. 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2. orange bell pepper
    3. yellow bell pepper
    4. large onion
    5. 2 garlic cloves
    6. cup cherry tomatoes (red, dark red, orange, yellow)
    6. extra virgin olive oil
    7. monterrey jack cheese
    8. tortillas
    9. Seasonings
    - basil
    - cilantro
    - parsley
    - paprika
    - cumin
    - ground black pepper
    10. butter cooking spray

Directions:
    1. Prepare your peppers and onions. Dice your peppers, dice your onions. Cut the tomatoes in half. Add some olive oil into a pan; cook your veggies until they begin to soften. Add the garlic; let it cook for another two or three minutes. Add the tomatoes, you want them to soften so only cook for another minute or two.

2. Cut up your chicken into small pieces, about inch pieces each. Throw into the same pot as the veggies, add your seasonings. Use your judgment on the seasoning, less paprika and more black pepper to avoid over-seasoning it. Remember, you can always add more, but you can’t take back.

3. When the chicken is fully cooked (all white on the inside), turn the skillet off and let sit for a few minutes. Grab another skillet, preferably flat, and spray with butter cooking spray. Heat it up, grab a tortilla. Sprinkle some cheese on the bottom part of the tortilla, add a little chicken and veggies, sprinkle some more cheese on top and fold the tortilla in half.

4. Place the quesadilla on the heated skillet; use a spatula to press the quesadilla together. Let cook on one side for about two-three minutes, flip it (Don’t hesitate! Just flip!) and let it cook on the other side.

Southern Potato Bake

Serves: 4-6
    Prep-Time: Ten Minutes
    Cook Time: Thirty Minutes
    Total Time: Forty Minutes

Ingredients:
    1. 3 Large Yukon gold potatoes
    2. 2 Strips of lean bacon
    3. 1/4 Onion
    4. 1/2 Roma tomato
    5. 1/4 red, orange, and yellow bell pepper
    6. 1 Stick of melted butter
    7. 1/4 Block of Velveeta Cheese
    8. Milk- about 1/4 Cup
    9. 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
    10. Olive oil
    11. Seasonings
    - Black Pepper
    - Basil (dried)
    - Parsley (dried)

Directions:

1. Wash the potatoes, fork holes into them randomly. Stick the potatoes in the microwave for about 8-10 minutes, until they are super soft. Place them in a bowl, use a potato masher to mash them up- skin on. Set aside.

2. Coat a skillet with a little olive oil, heat the oil. Add in the diced onions (you don't need much), let cook for about two minutes. Julienne the peppers, then dice them finely and add those. Cut your bacon into small pieces and throw into the skillet with the veggies. Let cook until the bacon is nice and crisp, and the veggies are soft.

3. Add in the veggie/ bacon mixture with the mashed potatoes. At this point, add milk until the potato mixture is smoother. Add seasonings. Add 1/2 of your butter, stir everything together.

4. Cut your cheese into small cubes and scatter about 3/4ths of it into the bowl. Place it back in the microwave and heat until the cheese is melted. Take it out, stir it in with everything. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.

5. Take a large casserole dish, spread the mixture around smoothly. Add the rest of your cheese scattered atop the dish, along with your diced Roma tomatoes. Heat in the oven until the cheese is melted and the tomatoes are slightly wilted.

~Recipe note: As you can see, this is an all out comfort food. It makes for a WONDERFUL side to any protein, minus perhaps ground beef. It even goes really, really well with lobster- feel free to add some inside before baking if you catch them on sale.

~*~*~*Important Note*~*~*~

Be mindful of any ingredients you may be allergic too. Remember to substitute where you can if you see any ingredients that you may be allergic too.

~*end*~

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)

SO AWESOME <3

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

<3 Amazing as usual!

Spoiler: Great New RP's looking for players! 
    Click here daily to vote for RPA!

daddy
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

I feel so flattered that I was in this. :3 great edition of the tribune!