Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The RPA Tribune - October Edition.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

Default The RPA Tribune - October Edition.

Happy Halloween, avid readers! (for those who celebrate it, of course!)
    Even if you don't, there's plenty of ways to enjoy the holiday here at RPA! We've planned not one, not two but three competitions this month in the spirit of the spookiest month of the year;

Looking forward to pouring on the fake blood and putting in those rubber fangs? So are we! The Show Your Freak Side costume contest is back, so make sure to take some pictures of your best Zombie/werewolf/witch side to enter!

And what would Halloween be without some sticky fake spiderweb and a severed hand on the doorhandle? We want to see your house dressed it's best too, in the Haunted-est House scary decor competition! Whether it's a pumpkin carving or a sheet with holes cut in it, we want to see your demonic decorations!

And of course, that integral part of this out of the ordinary occasion - the spooky story. But whose got the best one of all? Enter your short stories in our themed writing competition - Attack of the Creepy Pastas!

Entries close for all three contests on October 30th, so go get typing and taping!

-

In other breaking news, this month we're celebrating a very special member! If you haven't congratulated her yet, make sure to go give a big hoo-neigh! to Elizabeth 16, our Member of the Month for October!

And if you haven't seen it yet, here's the first episode of Trouble in Parodin - the RPA Awards Show 2014! (episode two coming very soon to a youtube player near you!)

And hey... has anyone else noticed several of the staff members appear to have become Zombies????
    ...I hope that's not contagious.

Spoiler: Great New RP's looking for players! 
    Click here daily to vote for RPA!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

by G

Ahhh, October. The smell of fresh bat poop in the air, the comforting cackle of a witch in the distant darkness as you toss and turn in your bed, trying to sleep despite the growing suspicion that something is lurking underneath your bed... or was that it, there - behind your closet door? Whatever your favourite, October is the month for scary stories. Lucky for you, RPA has a little something horrible for everyone;

You fought the law, and the law won...

A slice-of-life tale with horrific possibilities; Welcome To Hell follows the daily lives of the inmates at Death Valley Penitentiary, a privately owned prison whose Guards are just as corrupt as the inmates... and that's not to mention the Warden. Will the denizens of this dingy dump succeed in their quest for rehabilitation? Or have they just entered a hell worse than the one they left, destined to leave even more broken than before... or not at all? Only one way to find out; get reading! Here's a taste of the IC;

Quote Originally Posted by Juicesir View Post
    "Fresh meat, comin' in!"

Hand over your personal belongings. Shower. Change into your uniform. Get processed. Put in a three man cell. Wait. And then you enter the whole of it.

Fresh meat, they said. Garrett could feel the rancid breath in the air, the sweat clinging to the walls. That damp smell of a lived in space that's been occupied for too long. He felt it on him, and in him. He hated it.

This wasn't some upscale place. This wasn't white collar as he had tried to negotiate for. This was prison prison, and he was an inmate. Convict. Just another black man in the shuffle.

Already the slurs could be heard. In life, they'd always been whispered or half-glimpsed. They were never outright, no. That would be improper. But propriety was vanished in this place; here was only property. Property of the state, of other people, of gangs and affiliations. He didn't want any part of it. He went about his business, trying to find his cell.

Blocked by a large man. Another African American. Some big, tall brute with tattoos. He just looked at Garrett. Little Garrett, who was for all intents and purposes a guppy here. He looked back, and tried to just skirt around. Blocked again.

"Where do you think you're goin?"
    Welcome to Hell.

-

For everything there is a price to pay...

If supernatural stories are more your style, Viral Corps might be right up your alley - a twist on the old favourite; the Zombie Apocalypse. Who hasn't thought up a plan of action, just in case? But these aren't your run of the mill, mindless, slobbering drones..

When the human race discovered, finally, the path to endless life, how could they resist taking it? But for everything, there is a price - and this time, the price was a dire one. 64 years on, eighty percent of the earth's population are what have been titled 'Lariv's Corpses,' retaining their intelligence and aptitude, but now with only one desire; to eliminate all living humans.

Join the Fight to Survive - Viral Corps: Infected Beginning.

A Guide to Collaborative Posts
    by Kris

Check out Beta's hot guide to the joined effort of two players (or more) into one post. Beta describes a collaborative post like this:

Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    A collaborative post is a post made using the efforts of two or more players. For example... say My character and another player's character were fighting. I would PM my initial post to them, rather than post it in the thread. They would remove the "Quote" tags and then type their character's reaction and/or counter. This would continue for a few turns back and forth until such time as we saw it sufficient. Then one of us would post it. Usually, a collab is posted by the person who starts it.
    All in all, a collaborative post is a great way to test your character against another, brainstorm with your fellow players, and develop your skills as a Play-by-Post RPer and even as a Play-by-Post fighter.

Joined efforts to create fun and wonderful improved writing.

Be sure to check his thread here, and get some more questions for him if you have any.

The Classifieds

Up-and-coming RP's, just waiting for you!

OOC Thread

The year is 1861, and America is divided into two nations. The American Civil War has begun and now the fight each just cause is beginning. The Northern Union states fight for liberty and freedom for the slaves, while the Southern Confederation fights to keep slaves in chains. Choose your side and relive some of the most gruesome battles fought on American soil.

The actions players take on the battlefield will change the course of history as the war goes on. Major battles can be turned to victory for the opposite side as one musket can rule in their favor. The book is history is now in your hands. It's your decision to re-write it.

-

Deep in a Japanese forest by the mountains there is a school. The Ninja School. Where ninja and kunoichi are trained to their fullest capacity. The teachers of course are also ninja and kunoichi as well. The Ninja School was founded right after a huge war between ninja clans and tribes. It seems peaceful now... It is peaceful now. Even though students and the teachers must go through harsh training in the school. Some people believe another war might be upon them and thats why the school was founded.

Ether way, it's a role-play that takes place in a high school setting. Though their won't be much 'highschoolng' going on about. The role-plays about ninja and kuniochi and stuff. The fights they might get into, the war that could be upon everyone, and the fact that everyone could die. So join now! Be a ninja or a kunoichi or a ninja or kunoichi teacher or something!

Ninja School.

-

You wake up in a cage, various creatures, some you recognize, and many that you don't, surround you, along with a handful of other people. Your entire memory of earth has been wiped clean, a man named 'Axel' explains that you are here because of a bet between an alien race-known as Pinheads- and their colleagues. And what's worse? You're part of a survival experiment, and worse yet, you are breeding stock. But your old home, earth, has been destroyed, so they basically drop you off on a new home planet, and just say "Best of Luck." and the most you can do is take your supply bags and do as you're told.

Kidnapped and Mutated.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

The Witch Corner
    by Kris

Welcome back my delicious readers. I'm really thrilled to write my wonderful column during one of the best times of the year, Halloween; The time when monsters awake and zombies walk free....

And annoying children at my door's step...

I just moved in after an angry mob of parents signed a petition to get me out of my former apartment, but that does not mean plans are not in motion for revenge.

At last I can go out as I am and gather treats of candies as I rebuild my new candy house!

As I set my plans in motions, I will leave you with this wonderful song and this cool meme I found while browsing the net. Of course, you shouldn't believe everything you read on the net... Just saying.

Until next time!

by Kris

Have you checked out this awesome thread of goods called Midori's Doodles? Well you should!!

Not only talented with awesome pictures but drawing the signature! how neat is that?!

And just so you see we are not making it up, we brought some beautiful treats of epicness for you to see, just click the spoiler tag for the awesomeness.

Also, be sure to check Midori's thread and write some lovely comments

Spoiler:  

Signature Gallery
    by G

Signatures are a big part of our self-expression here on RPA - here are some of my favourite spooky sets I've spotted around the forums lately;

created by Hayabusa and worn by Merry Gentry

worn by Whimsical Wail

worn by Omac16

But the awesome doesn't stop with sets! In this editions featured Request Shopyou can get your very own original character images! Gone is the problem of not being able to find a good enough match on google images; just pop into -Dark- Character Creation and darkdreamer253 will draw you up someting amazing! Here's some examples of their awesome work -

Spoiler: by darkdreamer253 

by Frog Princess

With summer coming to a close and fall quickly approaching, I wanted to intertwine that theme with this month's recipe. The thought of warm, cinnamon apples on the stovetop seemed enticing, and sure enough the cinnamon scent that filled my home was the perfect combination. So when the weather gets colder, bake up some cinnamon apples! They are perfect for pie fillings as well, mmmm.

Cinnamon Apples

Ingredients:
    1. 1-2 Large Red Delicious Apples
    2. Cinnamon

Directions:
    1. Wash the apple[s], then peel them and wash again. De-core the apple either with a knife or an apple corer. Most apple corers will automatically cut the apple into equal slices as it de-cores it, but if not then just split the apple into half from the top side, and then the halves into half again.

2. Cut the quartered apples, length wise, into thin strips. Either that or you can cut them into cubes, whichever you prefer.

3. In a non-stick skillet, add one-two tablespoons of butter. Allow butter to melt, and then slowly add in the apples.

4. Allow the apples enough time to soften (usually takes about 10-12 minutes or so), and then sprinkle some cinnamon sugar all over the apples. I like mine rather cinnamony, so I usually add quite a bit. Allow to cook a few additional minutes to make sure that the apples are rather soft and cooked through, stirring occasionally.

~Recipe Note: If you want to make a glaze for the apples, simply add in a bit of syrup during the cooking process. Not too much as the maple will overpower the apples and the cinnamon, but just enough will remind you of apple pancakes…so good!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

by Kris

THE LAUGHING STOCK
    by Imp
    Spoiler: Less sex and a little more complex 

---------------------

Wipeout

Spoiler: Here we go! 

The Tribune Wordsearch #3 - Spooky Tales

Canine
    Cauldron
    Changling
    Cry
    Darkness
    Devils
    Dragons
    Dread
    Grimm
    Haunted
    Hell's Road
    Horseman
    Hunters
    Jack-o-Lanterns
    Kidnapped
    Mature
    Mutated
    Mysteries
    Nightstalker
    Otherside
    Orcs
    Reaper
    RPApocalypse
    Scary
    Simple
    Sins
    Six Years
    Spider
    Supernatural
    Vampires
    Veil
    Virtues
    Waaargh
    Werewolves
    White Widow
    Witches

The Froggiest
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)

Even though it isn't finished yet, well done everyone! I looooove the graphics this time around G!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

They were done by the lovely Tune! Thanks to her!! <3

And it's finished now! Awesome job everyone - man I love the comics so much!

Scintillating Sinner
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Amazing job you guys! ^^ Keep up the spectacular work.
    Spoiler: stuffz 

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    276 Post(s)

Thanks Sin <3

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)

Antivan Crow
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    No Romance or Furry.
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

My help thread was featured? *squee*

Awesome work, as always.
    Spoiler: Neat Stuff Within