Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 3541

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Lots of things, but especially anything with princesses. :3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Namingtoohard View Post
    Reading ASOIF was such a weird experience for me. It was one of the few series where I couldn't just blaze through multiple chapters a day; I actually had to sit back and take a break between them. I had such a bipolar experience with it, too. I absolutely loved 90% of it, but there were a few characters where reading their chapters just felt like a total snooze each and every time, to the point where I began dreading their name (looking at you, Bran)
    100% agree on how reading it was. great book, but I could only take so much of it at a time. Makes me wonder if that's how my novel will end up being.
    There were a lot of characters that I did kind of dread reading as well, but I always got excited when I saw Tyrion's name, and I would 100% read a book that was just about Arya.
    'The Crown of Zivia' Word Count: 64319
    'The Crusade of Zulera' Word Count: 52548
    'The Shadows of Shinzoka' Word Count: 51000
    'The Rebirth of Krippa' Word Count: 51000
    'The Seer of Koldia' Word Count: 49114

The Avatar in Chains (fanfic)
    Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yup, agreed on both points. I think just about everyone wishes they could be half as quick-witted as Tyrion, and Arya's development has been fantastic. I didn't like her much at first, as the rebellious noble's daughter, but her development only gets more and more interesting as the story goes on.

Aside from those two, I loved just about every scene concerning Jamie. He was an absolute tool, but something about his mannerisms and the way he reacts when confronted, even as a prisoner, just felt so compelling. Not to mention the discussion he has with Brienne about his reputation as an oathbreaker.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Ah Brandon sanderson. :o I've read his war barker but haven't read the mistborn. think my dad has tho. and way of kings.
    Actually brandon finished the what last 2 or three books of the wheel of time series from Robber jordon's notes after he passed. super cool.
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yeah, I was aware he worked on the wheel of time novels, but I've never tried reading them. I'll get around to it eventually, mostly because I want to read all of his work sooner or later, but it's not high on the priority list. In any case, The way of kings is actually what got me into his novels in the first place. The stormlight archive is an amazing read as a whole, and I really can't wait for the release of the next book.

I've been wanting to do an RP based on it or the Mistborn novels ever since I started reading them, though I haven't been able to find anyone else who knows enough about the world or is interested yet.

Month the of Member November
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I wonder if the ancient egyptians knew about the Faroe Islands.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Lots of things, but especially anything with princesses. :3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Namingtoohard View Post
    Yup, agreed on both points. I think just about everyone wishes they could be half as quick-witted as Tyrion, and Arya's development has been fantastic. I didn't like her much at first, as the rebellious noble's daughter, but her development only gets more and more interesting as the story goes on.

Aside from those two, I loved just about every scene concerning Jamie. He was an absolute tool, but something about his mannerisms and the way he reacts when confronted, even as a prisoner, just felt so compelling. Not to mention the discussion he has with Brienne about his reputation as an oathbreaker.
    there are alot of characters that I dislike as people but love as literary characters. for the gripes I have in ASOIAF, I did/do rather enjoy the series.
    'The Crown of Zivia' Word Count: 64319
    'The Crusade of Zulera' Word Count: 52548
    'The Shadows of Shinzoka' Word Count: 51000
    'The Rebirth of Krippa' Word Count: 51000
    'The Seer of Koldia' Word Count: 49114

The Avatar in Chains (fanfic)
    Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

I would have liked it if there just weren't so many different stories at once. Also I hated what happened with Dany at the end of the first book, all the development GRRM built up with her and Drogo and her becoming queen of the Dothraki just got thrown away.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Cutie
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

I just have so much trouble telling characters apart in the books. I don't like the show but it was easier for me to take in since I could just remember actors and faces. Maybe I'll give the books a try another day but it probably just isn't for me.
    On Hiatus from RP'ing
    My pronouns are She/Her, and They/Them. If it's hard to constantly switch just stick with She/Her.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tolvo View Post
    I just have so much trouble telling characters apart in the books. I don't like the show but it was easier for me to take in since I could just remember actors and faces. Maybe I'll give the books a try another day but it probably just isn't for me.
    I was a bit the same at first, I think mainly with the entourage of the larger houses. With all the Stark servants I was constantly thumbing the list on names in the index.

Your daily overdose of cute
    Fantasy, Sify, Romance, adventure, slice of life on occasion.
    Mentioned
    76 Post(s)

Holy fudge, there are Trophies next to our names now for that RPAactivity stuff?

Not only do I have top activity
    but ...
    Points for Visitor Messages (Given)
    Points for Visitor Messages (Received)

What the heck? How did this happen?!
    P.K.'s character locker ~ P.K.'s word works ~ P.K.'s Idea store

1x1 = 1/5 Multi = 0/5 PW = 0/2
    Spoiler: Other things. 

Page 242 of 355 FirstFirst ... 192240241242243244292 ... LastLast