Page 340 of 352 FirstFirst ... 290338339340341342 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 3519

Thread: Random Thoughts Thread

Mistborn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

GDQ is back again. I know what I'm doing for the next couple of days.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

While I am in roleplaying limbo, which withholds me writing for a character's perspective, which I enjoy most, I can just gather my own thoughts, and maybe try sharing those. Still, it is not so fulfilling. Maybe it is that I think what I can write for a character would be more interesting than what I might say from thinking thoughts to myself. Much of that might be just about myself. How interesting would that be to others? I don't know. But I think it would not be as interesting as the character I would write for. I am very natural. How is that? Yep, more than others, I think. Yeah, not as interesting as a character I would write for.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Trump, and all who supported him, represent to me the decrepit, completely lost, and ultimately profoundly lonely pinnacle of patriarchy, the original system that violently ripped humans out of the living web of this ensouled world.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a battle of Greek gods, only "wrong"? I picture a very sober Dionysus annoying Maenads to madness until they tear things down to find wine to shut him up, while Zeus is flinging icicles at people in the background and making lightning-strike and thunder sounds with his mouth like an overgrown toddler. Hermes zipping about exchanging letters back and forth for the heckling deities on the sidelines. Hephaestus and Ares in a slap-fight match over who mined whose copper while Cereberus is chasing Hermes like a classic cartoon dog after a postal worker. Just a general entertaining thing that has been rolling around my head today.

Spoiler: Completely Unsolicited, Contextual Praise Definitely not Acquired via Torture 

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Alura you might do well as a writer for media entertainment, I can see some show could incorporate those scenes.

When I write, some of it is for showing as samples, along with some for exercising creative writing in the roleplaying I can be engaged in. With the samples I want to draw in interest of others. I wonder though if anyone really is reading the things I write, or they just left unseen. But I cannot want to not write those things, I see they should be written and I am needed for writing those things still. So just in case I write what is not seen in some place I have it shown, I usually make a copy, and maybe edit that more, for having it shown in another place, in a different site or medium. There is more chance what I have written will be seen this way still. It would be nice feeling more secure about that though.

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

I look back at many of my old posts and wow, I am a very different person today. I've grown so much.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

You'd think the weekends would be peaceful, quiet, time to sleep in, but no, someones sawing and hammering at 8:30am or so, and then everyone else in the house wakes up and makes a racket. And this is ruinous for my sleep as I'm someone who struggles to get to/back to sleep and need the world to be near completely silent or I just won't sleep and I tend to stay up late and wake up late. So weekends are just awful times for me where I am very tired because of the no sleep, and this might compound with sleeping issues earlier in the week.

I'm just going to listen to vapourwave I guess as that's kind of relaxing noise that can drown out dogs barking at nothing and people doing construction work at the weekend but not week days.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Adventure, Fantasy, Horror, Mature, Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarms48 View Post
    I look back at many of my old posts and wow, I am a very different person today. I've grown so much.
    Soon a larger ruler will be required!

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I was trying, really, to get over this, thinking I can just move on to other things and leave it behind without further thought. My first roleplaying session in the forums was something I was really investing in to develop my roleplaying character along with others, why would I think that after pages of this with my work in it and others with their careful, thoughtful well crafted written work in it, when one player just stopped and did not sound like that one would return to involvement, would say they would stop the roleplaying in it, one by one after another, and the whole thing drop leaving my involved character hanging without any resolution of the issues in the story? I never have written things for no resolution, I had no intention to write with that result that time, with no fault of my writing for that. And other roleplaying that I got started with in a 1X1 with another member on this forum site for moving on to, after a few attempts to get someone involved, has wound up having me do almost all the writing, so far. It is not that I mind doing the writing. But this does not help put behind all that I had worked on before without any resolution to the story that could have developed. So I think, randomly as it may be, that there should be further effort in that first story, though I guess it should be on another thread. This could have been proposed to me by the member player who had started this roleplaying thread, but it was not, so I am not thinking I should message that member for this if that member did not want that. I would have to find others who will roleplay in that then with me if I were to do this continuation, possibly others who had roleplayed in that might have interest in it, but they did drop out when another dropped out before, so I am not completely hopeful for that. I may just wind up with a 1X1 roleplay thread for this. And if I get no interest from anyone for this, the dissatisfaction of leaving it hanging still will not leave me, I know, and I probably will put in my own story I share on the site, just as I share a story from me already as it is. I can be answered right here for any interest of any in continuing a story with my character Arapegol, if not just messaging me, or something.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I rather think life will be more surreal in the coming times ahead than it is yet. How I do not know, but I fear I have ideas that are not far off. As I write, I have shared such ideas in writing from me, perhaps those writings I can have published as I have other writing from me.

Page 340 of 352 FirstFirst ... 290338339340341342 ... LastLast