Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] A Broken Revenge [Sorrow and Ash]

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Default [M] A Broken Revenge [Sorrow and Ash]

[The following role-play is rated mature for any themes including but not limited to: violence, foul language, and non-explicit sexual themes. Reader discretion is advised.]

The sun had not even poked his head over the horizon when a young man rose from his thin mattress. Under normal circumstances, the teenager would never be up this early, less he had stayed up the entire night. He had been sure to go to bed early last night, and he was ready for what he planned to do this morning.
    Ignatius threw off the too-thin blanket and jumped out of bed. He was careful to keep quiet as he moved about the base. The base, of course, referred to the large underground establishment that his guild had claimed. They lived in it, all outcasts of sorts, and every member of the guild was fast asleep. Everyone except for an excited Ignatius. He could not help himself. Checking to see if anyone was looking, he hurriedly made his way to the opposite side of his room, where a small pouch lay hidden behind a chest he had made himself.

Too cautious to be overconfident, Ignatius looked around him and listened for any footsteps before opening the pouch. Inside was a shining silver necklace, a birthday gift for his best friend. Iris would love it; he was sure of that. She had other necklaces that probably meant more to her, but Ignatius had gotten it for cheap--rather, he had pilfered it--and thought it the perfect accessory to accent the girl's blue eyes. He knew what Iris would say: "But Iggy, you did not have get me this." Perhaps he hadn't. He had better birthday plans for the girl.

Iris was sixteen today. It had been nine years since her town, her family, everything she had known had been destroyed by fire mages. Everyone in the guild was supportive of her, and she had certainly come a long way from the seven-year-old Ignatius had met way back when. He was proud of her, and he was going to show it today. She was sixteen. To them, sixteen was the age of adulthood. With no one to stop them, Ignatius had grand plans to take Iris on a journey. They would go to find the ones who had destroyed her home, and they would be served justice.

Like the necklace, Iris did not yet know about the journey. It was all a surprise, and he was quite looking forward to showing her. He put the necklace back in the pouch and silently made his way to Iris' room. He made no noise as he placed the pouch at the foot of her bed. She would know it was from him. He was the only one crazy enough to steal such an expensive-looking piece without selling it for a big profit. Satisfied, Ignatius left Iris' room and went out to watch the sun rise.
    Last edited by .Karma.; 01-12-2017 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Changed title per request
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Pokemon (Mystery Dungeon Style), Vampire, Gifted, Wolf, Modern super natural, Post Apocalyptic etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Before her dreams set in, Iris could already predict the type of dreams her mind would bestow upon her. For nine long years her mind made her recall the horrid events that happened when she was just a young girl. As she slept, her body would have random spasms. She could still feel the fire that burned and singed her and her clothing. She could still hear the agony filled screams that came from the men, women, and children who were being burned alive by their attackers. She could still see her childhood friend, Ashton, being burned alive as he pleaded for mercy and forgiveness.

It had all started as a normal day. The farmers plowed the fields, the women outside tending to gardens or hanging laundry out to dry. The children were always playing their games. The Dragon and the Knight, The Thieves and the King, etc. She, the young, naïve, seven-year-old she was had never witnessed anything morbid in her entire life. At the young age, her silky black hair barely fell onto her shoulders. Her icy blue eyes were as bright as there were to the present day.
    There was a large commotion from the town. A large scream was heard. Fire had erupted and started burned the village down, tearing apart the many buildings and turning them to ash. The men attempted to fight off the flames and attackers, but they had failed miserably. The women were on their knees, pleading to their attackers. They were shown no mercy. The children scurried, attempting to run, but they were all sniped with fire.
    During it all, Iris had ran to her mother. She wrapped her arms around her tightly and asked what was going on. Her mother, in a panicked state, bent down to her and held her child tightly.
    “Iris, honey, take mommy’s necklace and hide, alright? I’ll try to find you when everything is okay.” She had said softly. She took off her silver moon necklace and clipped it around Iris’ neck. “Whatever you do, do not look back.”
    She rushed her child off, who ran as fast as her tiny feet would carry her. Once she was at a safe distance, she had glanced back, looking for her mother. Her innocent child eyes had filled with tears as she witnessed her mother receive the same fate everyone else had.
    “Mommy!”

Iris had one final spasm until it finally jerked her awake. Her breaths were short and sharp as she was calming herself down. She glanced around to room as if to make sure it was just a dream. Iris had slowly shaken her head, which caused her long, black hair to fall in her face. She had glanced down at her mother’s necklace, placing her hand on, gripping it tightly as if to relieve the pain she felt.

In her tantrum she had knocked the small pouch off her bed. She glanced at it oddly before picking it up to examine it. She didn't remember it being there the night before, so someone how to have placed it there while she was sleeping. She placed her thin frames on her face before adjusting them, trying to make them fit comfortably.
    She slowly opened the pouch and pulled the necklace out. She smiled brightly as she tied it around her neck. It went perfectly with her mother’s.

“Oh, Iggy..” She said softly to herself, before carefully standing up. She had stretched slightly before finally sneaking out of her room, careful to not make a sound.
    Last edited by DRac0; 12-23-2014 at 03:58 AM.
    I'm only as insane as my ideas.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Ignatius wasn't used to watching sunrises. He was a nightowl, and the sight of the pretty pink and orange sky was one he had not seen in some time. It was quite the beautiful sight, and the teen took it all in. A normal teen, he knew, would not be watching a sunrise and gawking at how beautiful it was. But Ignatius was not a normal teen, he never had been, and he was quite proud of that.

After a while, the kid got up to go check if anyone was awake. It was still early, but his excitement was making him paranoid. He wanted Iris to be awake. Maybe she's awake now. Maybe now. Now? She has to get up some time. Come on, Iris. He quietly made his way to her room once more. Before he could open her door, he had accidentally knocked over a vase outside. He tried to catch it but failed, and with a loud crash water and wilting flowers went flying to the ground. The vase was shattered. Muttering a swear under his breath, Ignatius gathered all of the shards of the vase and shoved them behind a table in the hall. If Iris hadn't been awake before, she certainly was now.

He went to open her door again, more quietly and carefully this time, but she beat him to it. The girl emerged from her bedroom wearing her new necklace. Upon seeing it, Ignatius smirked. "Hey kiddo," he greeted her. He took several steps back and knocked into a wall. The boy was unfazed. "How did you sleep? Well, I trust? Happy birthday. I have a surprise for you." The normally calm teenager was now tripping over his words. It was clear he was excited about something.
    Last edited by Ashen; 12-24-2014 at 03:04 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Pokemon (Mystery Dungeon Style), Vampire, Gifted, Wolf, Modern super natural, Post Apocalyptic etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The loud crashing noise that seemed to echo through the guild made Iris walk a bit faster, curious of the noise that would've clearly woke her up. Once she emerged from the door, she saw her friend and smiled brightly. At first she had thought it was odd that he could've possibly made the sound since he was normally silent, but she shook the thought from her head. Ignatius had always been kind to her for as long as she could remember. He was her very first friend here at the guild. He was someone she could go to if she was in need of comfort. Growing up, she had always admired Ignatius. He was an brother of sorts, but her feelings toward him were than that of family. She had never told anyone of her feelings. She feared it would ruin her friendship with Ignatius.

The nickname he had given her had always made Iris laugh and crack a smile on her face, no matter what was going on. In an odd way, it made her feel loved. She had felt less alone with him around. She chuckled and bit. “Thank you, Ignatius. You really didn't have to give me a gift, but I absolutely love it.” She said, speaking softly.

She examined Ignatius a bit closer, looking him up and down. A grin creeped onto her face. “It’s quite clear you’re wanting to tell me this surprise.” She guessed, crossing her arms. “Well, out with it then, Ignatius.” She had playfully punched him in the shoulder, as if to make him more calm.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Ignatius gently punched her back. "I never did say that necklace was from me," he said, though they both knew it had. He was too excited about the other surprise to continue that conversation, though. Ignatius was about half a foot taller than his companion, and he easily wrapped an arm around her shoulders. "Walk with me," he told her, and he led her outside, into a forest.

There was a cool breeze that greeted them as they lifted the concealed door to their base. Ignatius let Iris go first, and once she was outside he gently lowered the door. "It is such a beautiful morning," he said, and he spread his arms on either side to stretch. "The breeze is so wonderful. And those smells... Someone from the town must have just made some bread. Remind me to grab some of that before we go."

There it was. He had mentioned that they were going somewhere without actually saying they were going anywhere. Ignatius was good at saying things in roundabout ways, and he kept an eye on Iris to see if she'd caught on. He went on either way. "I am so glad today is such a lovely day. It is the perfect day for traveling, wouldn't you say? The perfect day to, I dunno, start a journey?" Ignatius turned to her, a big grin on his face. He could not keep it in any longer. "I spoke with the rest of the guild. They all agreed to let us go. Iris, I've been planning this for months. We're going to find those bastards that took everything from you. We are going to serve them justice and get your closure. We're going on an adventure--maybe across the world--and it'll just be the two of us! Think about it, Ris. You and me against the entire world... How fun is that?" He looked back to her. His honey brown eyes were glimmering. "Well? What do you think?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When the two arrived outside, the cool breeze whipped Iris' hair around, as if it was trying to strike something. The scent of the forest rushed into her nostrils as she had taken a deep breath. Ever since she was a little girl, the forest always felt like a home to her. It was her home; Her haven. She had agreed with Ignatius. It was indeed a beautiful morning. The forest looked pleasant as the sunlight peaked it's way through the foliage. It was so calming. It had always put Iris as ease whenever she saw it.

She placed her hands behind her head as they walked. She had given her childhood friend an odd look as she finally caught on. Was what he saying real? Did he really want to help her get justice, even after these many pain filled years? She was at a loss of words. Her blue eyes stared at the ground as she attempted to process the words just told to her. She was in disbelief."Ignatius.." She had finally said, glancing up at him. Her eyes locked with his. She reached down and held his hands in her. A wide smile crossed her face. Her eyes were slowly growing tears; a few even fell onto her face."You...Don't have to do this for me." She had said. Her eyes darted back to the ground as she shook her head slowly. The wind had once again grabbed her hair and whipped it. She used one of her hands and wiped her eyes before glancing back up at her friend. "Yes." She said, looking determined. "Let's go and go give those bastards what they deserve!"

Iris was beyond happy. She couldn't believe it. After all these years, she could finally get her revenge. It meant more to her than anything. She was going to have an adventure; with her best friend no less. To say she was excited would have been an understatement.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

If he got nothing else from all of this, Iris's smile made it all worth it to him. She seemed to be in a state of pure bliss, and Ignatius was happy he could give that to her. He knew she would be happy, but this... this was better than he could have imagined. He gave her hands a little squeeze and swung them a little bit. They were gonig to go on an adventure. They were going to find those fire mages and they were going to destroy them, like they had done to Iris.
    Too happy about his friend's excitement, Ignatius did not have time to be upset.

Ignatius released Iris's grip and turned to look around at the forest. "I am really going to miss this place," he admitted. "Swinging through all the tree branches. Calling to all the birds. Making trouble in the town..." A playful smirk played over his lips then. He looked to Iris, his brown eyes shining. "Hey Iris," he called to her. "This is perfect. No one is up right now. We have time to kill before we bid the guild farewell. So... what do you say we go enjoy ourselves some?" He did not wait for a response. Ignatius jogged over to a tree and jumped to grab on to one of the branches. He was a rather thin boy, so it wasn't hard for him to pull himself up. He balanced on the branch effortlessly; after years of practice, Ignatius was perfectly poised on these trees. He climbed higher until he was several yards from the ground. Looking down at Iris, he smiled. "I bet you can't catch me!" he called to her. "Come on, Rissy! Chase after me!"

Ignatius was eighteen years old in body, but in spirit he wasn't a day over eight. He thoroughly enjoyed showing off his childish side, and he was grateful he had Iris to enjoy that with. He had been a man for two years, but he still took delight in playing a game of treetop tag. He moved through the trees effortlessly and almost gracefully. The trees were his safety zone, but in order to make the game fun, he would take it to the town eventually. Ignatius had taken part in many games of tag in the town, and not a one of them had ended calmly. He was great at causing trouble in town, and besides some annoyed vendors, no one was harmed. He did it in good fun, and it was good fun. Anyone playing with Ignatius had to have fun.

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iris had shot a quick glanced backward, glancing at the forest. She smirked to herself and nodded in agreement with Ignatius. She was going to miss this place as well. It had been her home after the Fire Mages destroyed hers many years ago. She made many wonderful memories here. More were bound to come in later years. Perhaps when she got back from her adventure? Who knew, really?

Iris spun her body around, expecting to see her friend; but saw no one instead. A moment of panic had swept over her, causing her to look around quickly. When she almost called out to her friend, he heard his voice. Her eyes darted up into the tree, glaring playful daggers at Ignatius. “Do you really want to play this game?” She called back, smiling. “You know I’m the best climber in the guild!” She didn’t waste another second. She ran over to the tree as fast as she could. As she approached, she jumped up and performed a beautiful backflip of it’s trunk. She grabbed the branches above her tightly and started swinging her body back and forth. Once Iris had enough momentum, she swung herself high enough to jump, and then land on the branch she has been using.

“You better run, Iggy! I give a good chase!” She called, climbing up after him further.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Best climber in the guild!" Ignatius laughed out loud at that. "Yeah right! Have you forgotten your place?" He was joking, though. They were both really good at climbing, though Ignatius would never give her the title of best climber. He would give her a run for her money for sure. He kept swinging to get away. He was doing a good job, too. The distance between them was great, and Ignatius even relaxed a little. He had this game in the bag.

He continued swining from branch to branch until something shot out of the tree. Ignatius jumped, and in doing so he lost his balance. The boy fell back and fell a few stories. In a panic Ignatius reached for his hooks but he found they were gone. He could use his hooked swords to catch himself. He was completely powerless as he fell, and he could only helplessly swipe at the branches whizzing by.

After what seemed like eternities, Ignatius landed with a large thud. He landed on a thick branch, right on his back. He winced his pain and looked up to where he had fallen from. A squirrel was looking over the branch at him. "A squirrel?" Ignatius hollered. "A squirrel made me fall? I could have broken my back!" He got up and stretched his back. Ignatius took only a few seconds for recovery time and was about to start climbing again when he turned right into Iris. He had fallen down to her branch, and he had brushed against her. "Oh," he murmured. He was it.

But before either of them could move, there was a crack underneath them. Ignatius looked down with wide eyes as he saw the branch begin to break from the tree. The impact of Ignatius's fall was apparently too much. They were going down. "Iris watch out!" Ignatius called, and he wrapped his arms around her to protect her. The branch snapped, and the two of them fell to the forest floor. When they landed, Ignatius slowly lifted his head to look around. They had falled on a colorful pile of leaves. They hadn't fallen terribly far, but Ignatius's arms were still wrapped around his friend. It was a natural reaction to him to protect Iris. He withdrew his arms and laughed a little. "Damn squirrels," he joked. "Ruining our game. Are you okay?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Iris struggled to keep up with her friend. She was a talented climber, but Ignatius appeared to be much better. Iris climbed as fast as her frail body would let her. There were even a few times she almost gave up hope. She wasn’t used to being beaten at anything. It was a goal to make sure she excelled at everything, no matter what it was. With all of her climbing, she had even lost her balance a few times and fell. Luckily for her, she had wonderful reactions. She was able to recover in time.

It seemed out of nowhere that Ignatius fell onto her branch. It startled her, causing Iris to jump a bit. No amount of training could have prepared her for that. She glanced up in the tree tops above, looking for what made Ignatius fall. After a few moments of looking, she finally spotted the squirrel. She glanced down at her friend, smirking a bit. She was ready to tease him, but before she could, the branch they were on snapped under all the pressure. She let out a small, shocked scream as they fell. She had instinctively wrapped her arms around Ignatius, seeking some form of protection. To Iris’ surprise, they landed on a large pile of leaves. They softened the fall, so not much damage was caused to them. She smiled at Ignatius. “I’m fine.” She replied. “What about you? You were the one who took most of the fall. Not to mention your previous fall before that one.”

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast