Page 133 of 150 FirstFirst ... 83131132133134135 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1495

Thread: The Reborn - Finishing What Was Started [M]

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I guess then that we're loading two fake corpses into the back of the wagon as we set off for Thronehearth. Although the idea of Melvin deciding to eat them and store them for later (and how much that would freak out Gina) does amuse me.

Any further resolutions before we resume, Mink?
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Once you see two bodies being loaded into the back of a wagon, it gets suspicious when they're not still there later.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

So you want to start the narrative entering Thronehearth?
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Once you see two bodies being loaded into the back of a wagon, it gets suspicious when they're not still there later.
    The nice thing about bodies is that it’s normalised to eventually dump them somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Minkasha View Post
    So you want to start the narrative entering Thronehearth?
    Happy to do that - unless otherwise noted I will assume that events proceeded as outlined on the previous page.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

So 'Melvin' shoots the two captives with a fast-acting paralytic/laxative as they're getting their throats cut without explaining to Jeon, Cal or her little friend just how it's doing that. Bodies are then wrapped up and loaded into the back of a wagon with Jeon to be conveyed to the king as both the kingdom's savior and suspect renegade wizard.

paralytic cannot be in the fake knife as anyone touching it would also be affected.
    Last edited by Enigma; 01-22-2021 at 02:04 PM.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Sounds beautiful.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

To be clear, what happens to the bodies? Where would you be taking the captives?

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

We can't release them - if they're discovered alive, then that raises questions nobody wants to answer. And there's no way that the Probe is going to allow confirmed magic users inside. Not even sedated and sealed inside a cryogenic tube.

The best way to do this would be to imprison them someplace. Kingdom like this has got to have a prison, right? Iron mask them, if necessary - or one of Melvin's nanite cocktails that alters their facial features. If they're discovered alive, Cal can always explain that it was a subterfuge to make any conspirators believe the two were dead while keeping them alive for further questioning once they'd been 'softened up' by the imprisonment.

Of course, it makes you wonder how this kingdom stops out of control mages? Is there like a curse amulet they can make them wear that saps their ability to use magic? Special cells that can contain mages? Nadir metals that cannot be affected by magic?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

The best way to do this would be to imprison them someplace. Kingdom like this has got to have a prison, right? Iron mask them, if necessary - or one of Melvin's nanite cocktails that alters their facial features. If they're discovered alive, Cal can always explain that it was a subterfuge to make any conspirators believe the two were dead while keeping them alive for further questioning once they'd been 'softened up' by the imprisonment.
    Makes sense. That line’s more likely to fly with the political animals at Thronehearth than the rabble at Whitebar who expected blood from their marchioness.

Of course, it makes you wonder how this kingdom stops out of control mages? Is there like a curse amulet they can make them wear that saps their ability to use magic? Special cells that can contain mages? Nadir metals that cannot be affected by magic?
    I’m going to have to read back now. I have a vague memory of something like a “nadir metal” being mentioned somewhere, though I could be mistaken.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

The metal was in the prior universe, if I recall correctly myself.

I think we are almost done, final details. So, you keep the prisoners, but as you left Whitebar and traveled into Whitemarch you're going to have to figure out where exactly to store them. Whitemarch is the nearest town to Whitebar, which does have a teleportation pad to operate. However if the prisoners are left in Whitebar, which is part of Calmaity's territory, he worries gossip would only spread about their lives.

In fact if the two women's faces are seen at all he worries the gossip would ruin Calamity's political image. Perhaps you'll need to change them, cover them up? Do you want to imprison them in Whitemarch which Calamity could easily do by her word or try in Thronehearth which isn't in her command?

Page 133 of 150 FirstFirst ... 83131132133134135 ... LastLast