Page 132 of 150 FirstFirst ... 82130131132133134 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1495

Thread: The Reborn - Finishing What Was Started [M]

PREACH FORGIVE ME PLEASE I BEG OF YOU!
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Where and when do you want to resume in game story?
    Thank you MayhemsCurse <3

Spoiler: Memorable Quotes 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

We'll just go with what we have, thanks!
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Well our to-do list is essentially:

Guarded room 1:
    • Tell Bonroe it’s his lucky day and Gina managed to talk Cal into not killing him
    • Show him Cal’s signature for any comment on difference
    • Get a written confession from him implicating Leann (true), Troa (true) and Hedspeth (false) in the arcanium plot to release the Drac prisoner, which inadvertently led to the attack on the castle
    • Take him along to the city (alternatively, turn him loose, or conduct another fake execution) and tell him to get another job that doesn’t involve torture
    • Threaten door guard into silence if necessary

Recovery room:
    • Let Cal interview Hedspeth, hopefully he knows something about where the king might go
    • If he needs persuading, show him the confession (alternatively, Voice him into being the king’s loyal but rational advisor!)

Guarded room 2:
    • Decide what to do with Leann and Troa (fake execution or genuine, depending on Melvin’s abilities and the group’s inclinations - Gina is from neither a time nor a country that condones capital punishment so she would continue to argue against the latter).
    • Have the traitors brought along to a suitably public place

Cal’s announcement:
    • Have Cal explain whose fault it is the dracs attacked and perform the fake / real execution
    • Announce that she’s taking Jeon to the king
    • Shove any fake execution victims in the back of the carriage so she can show them off to the king too and then have them mounted on the city walls (seems like the sort of thing lady Sauver would do)
    • Take whatever bodyguards are necessary and have a nice relaxing ride back to the city to (hopefully) find the king

We can play out or gloss over any of the above points depending on how relevant you deem them to be to the forward progress of the story.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

As its primary mission is to be Jeon's bodyguard, "Melvin" wasn't outfitted with any actual weapons per se. While it can produce all sorts of simple weapons, anything complex has to be constructed (conventional gun or energy weapon), which takes time and materials. Primarily it's got all sorts of medical supplies (including medications, some of which are produced in-house or late night blood tap), clothes, food and survival gear (including oxygen bottles and spacesuits).

Alcohol supplies are diminished following the battle. Usually it just stocks up but if necessary, it could set up an internal distillery. Just don't expect Melvin's Navy-Proof rum in a week.

As far as killing anyone, it can do a variety of things, certainly - but if it gives someone an electric shock, can it be undone by magic?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hmm, I don’t know.

If it has more of the knockout / paralysis capsules it shot at O’doln and a spare blood pack then that’s a start. Could it make one of those trick knives with a syphon in the tip? We could make it look like Cal was cutting people’s throats easily enough.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    Well our to-do list is essentially:

Guarded room 1:
    • Tell Bonroe it’s his lucky day and Gina managed to talk Cal into not killing him
    • Show him Cal’s signature for any comment on difference
    • Get a written confession from him implicating Leann (true), Troa (true) and Hedspeth (false) in the arcanium plot to release the Drac prisoner, which inadvertently led to the attack on the castle
    • Take him along to the city (alternatively, turn him loose, or conduct another fake execution) and tell him to get another job that doesn’t involve torture
    • Threaten door guard into silence if necessary

Recovery room:
    • Let Cal interview Hedspeth, hopefully he knows something about where the king might go
    • If he needs persuading, show him the confession (alternatively, Voice him into being the king’s loyal but rational advisor!)

Guarded room 2:
    • Decide what to do with Leann and Troa (fake execution or genuine, depending on Melvin’s abilities and the group’s inclinations - Gina is from neither a time nor a country that condones capital punishment so she would continue to argue against the latter).
    • Have the traitors brought along to a suitably public place

Cal’s announcement:
    • Have Cal explain whose fault it is the dracs attacked and perform the fake / real execution
    • Announce that she’s taking Jeon to the king
    • Shove any fake execution victims in the back of the carriage so she can show them off to the king too and then have them mounted on the city walls (seems like the sort of thing lady Sauver would do)
    • Take whatever bodyguards are necessary and have a nice relaxing ride back to the city to (hopefully) find the king

We can play out or gloss over any of the above points depending on how relevant you deem them to be to the forward progress of the story.
    While you two are discussing exactly what would be done with the two young women I can address some of these points at least.

Sadly as everyone looks for the Adviser they come to realize that he too has been taken in a quick blink of magic, someone calming the briefest sight of pointed ears and red hair. However Warner Rangel does mention that the safest place outside of Whitebar would be Thronehearth, the imperial home of the Emperor. They gather that Thronehearth has a potent magical treatment center that O’doln may have gone to be mended.
    So far the bribing or silencing of guards is not necessary.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Don't know if that would fool people, but if asked, Melvin could produce one. Or Cal could put people to sleep again and then we could smuggle them out out the castle. What are the laws about trying someone for treason? You may be able to shackle and gag them, then bring them to the king.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

To Thronehearth we go then! Pack cold weather clothes and a bodyguard detail!

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Don't know if that would fool people, but if asked, Melvin could produce one.
    As long as Melvin can produce a convincing splatter, people (most of whom probably won’t be standing close) will probably see what they expect to see from their bloodthirsty marchioness.

Or Cal could put people to sleep again and then we could smuggle them out out the castle.
    We could, I just think Melvin’s knockout pellets (time application with fake knife slice) are safer when too much casting has proven to be bad for Cal.

What are the laws about trying someone for treason? You may be able to shackle and gag them, then bring them to the king.
    Not sure, though given Cal’s afore-mentioned bloodthirst and the fact that the treason happened on her turf (and against her, not the king) I’m inclined to guess that people would expect her to deal with it herself.
    Last edited by Azazeal849; 01-16-2021 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)

Yes, it seems Cal needs to 'kill' them, be it faked or not to save her persona's face.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Jeon will want to save them. Melvin sees them as a danger. If they're "executed" then pop up alive later, they will undo everything that follows. Even if Melvin 'eats' them, mindwipes and does cosmetic surgery to alter their appearance, there's no telling if someone could 'undo' it with magic. Not that Melvin will suggest this as a possibility.

Of course, Melvin sees this group as being important for them to get home, so will likely abide by their decision in this matter.

Page 132 of 150 FirstFirst ... 82130131132133134 ... LastLast