Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attack on Titan

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Default Attack on Titan

Attack on Titan

So.... Who reads the manga/ Watches the show?

Thoughts? opinions? Some other talk?!

Wanderlust
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I keep putting off watching/reading it...everyone says its amazing, then there are my other friends who disagree xD I'm so conflicted.
    Made by Karmz <3
    Spoiler: Muffins inside 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I read it up to a point I think 50 chapters or so but the main site I use to read manga on doesn't post Attack on Titan so after I had caught up to the most current chapter I forgot about it and didn't check back to read new chapters.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

I am no longer a fan of anime, I really don't like it.. But this show.... Is freaking amazing. I'm in love with the series; it's worth the read/watch.

"Thank you, Master."
    "You're welcome, My Padawan."

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Romance, Dystopic, Apocalyptic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was against AoT for a while. A few of my friends were raving about it, but they said it was really intense with death of violence. That sort of stuff makes me uneasy.
    About a month ago I watched the first episode on Netflix and immediately fell in love. I watched the entire first season and I'm currently reading all the manga that is available to me at the moment.

I love it, and if you like intense story-lines, great character development, and beautiful battle scenes, I highly recommend it.
    And she will be loved.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

I think the series has one of the most complex rendering for anime that I've seen. I also ADORE the opening song.

But I feel like the anime is so much censored, compared to the Manga!

Weeb Shit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn’t like this anime after about nine or so episodes, as it follows some generic badly written tropes of shounen genre stuff (deus ex machina, hero transformation, style over substance) and while the first five or so episodes are rather compelling with its characterization and tone it loses all of that by the eight episode. It has moments of things I like later on but they are rather spaced out. Not my thing at all.

Fantasy, Horror
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Attack on Titan is definitely one of the really good animes out there. I absolutely loved it, with the intense plot and violence and everything, but I do agree with Gowi. When they start the expedition outside of the walls, the anime sorta slows down and becomes less interesting. But yay, plot twist at the very last scene of the first season.

"Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly."
    Check out my art thread here! | My Tumblr

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

While I disagree with Echo on his interpretation of Gowi's post, I do agree with some of what he has to say. The anime definitely did slow down after they left the walls and, what's more, it became very unfocused. There seems to have been a loss of cohesion in what is going on. Having read the (translated to English) manga, I can tell you that it doesn't get better... for a while.

One of the major problems I think occurs is that the writer has failed to communicate the archaic nature of their technology, particularly their transportation and communication systems. This means that people who watch the anime or read the manga are confused by the pace of the story and rapidly become bored.

Just as importantly, I think that the cast was handled badly/ is too large. Without spoiling anything, let us just say that people who are kind of trivial at the beginning of the anime become very important. And they do this pretty much out of the blue. It gets to the point where you (if you are reading the manga) will back-track through the chapters to find out where this person came from.

Oh, and one person has a very uninspired and plainly stupid name. You'll definitely get that one when the anime catches up. Even I could think of something better and I am terrible at naming characters. It bugs me even more than the utterly anti-climatic reveal that comes up later on.

Other than those, I generally say that AoT is a great anime and definitely worth watching, even if it seems to have lost a lot of steam now.
    Spoiler: Around the Forum 

Action, Sci-Fi, Fanfic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Just finished seeing the 13 episode. I must say, Erin is a badass in Titan form, but why did they give him a goblin face?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast