Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: (M) The Second Half (Of the Great War) OOC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi and Fantasy Mostly. But anything I find interesting I will Probably join it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default (M) The Second Half (Of the Great War) OOC

On September 1st, 1939, Adolf Hitler ordered the 3rd and 4th Armies into Northern Poland, and the 8th 10th and 14th Armies into the Southern part of Poland. They Captured it in just over a month, on October 6th.

This marked the beginning of the Second Half of the Great War, then known as World War II.

This is your chance to change history, to help the allies. Or maybe even the Axis, win the war.

----

Thanks to Kris for the mighty banner!

Now that the introduction is out of the way, onto the nitty gritty details. Most of the players will be playing as members of 'Allied' nations in Europe. If you can make a case to me about why I should let you play as a member of the Axis, you will have to tell me.

Spoiler: Map of Countries during World War 2 with Alliances 

So, you can be from any Allied nation on that map, that is in Europe, and you cannot be from Russia.

This RP will start right before the German Invasion of Poland, and you will all be stationed in the same country for purposes known only to me.

----

CS Format

Name: (Self Explanatory. Try and make it an actual name from the country you want to be from. I.E. do not call a french person John. Call them Jean.)
    Gender: (Also pretty Self Explanatory. Remember that women were usually not in the military during this time period)
    Sexual Orientation: (Do you prefer your own gender, or the opposite? Or do you not care?)
    Age: (18+ Do not make your character a 'Veteran' if he/she is only 18 or so)
    Appearance: (Either Picture or Words. I don't even care, just choose one, or both. Also, no anime Pictures)
    Nationality: (Any Country on the Allies side at the outset of World War 2, that is in Europe, and not east of Germany. You can be from other countries, if you give me a good reason in your Bio.)
    Country of Residence: (What Country do you reside in now?)
    Biography: (Your past. Why you are where you are.)
    Branch of Military and Rank: (If Applicable, put what branch of the military you are in, and what rank you are. Use the words that fit your nation of choice.)
    Other: (Anything else you want to add. Theme songs etc.)

----

Rules
    1. No Godmodding
    2. No Mary/Gary Sues
    3. You are a Normal Human Being, so make yourself seem like one.
    4. I am the GM, and as such, have every right to remove you from the OOC and to make final decisions on everything.
    5. No fighting in the OOC, I do not want it cluttered with multiple pages worth of people fighting.
    6. A Maximum of two character per person.
    7. If you read all of these rules, write Maus somewhere in you CS.
    Last edited by Veloci; 01-10-2015 at 09:04 PM.

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Mostly. But anything I find interesting I will Probably join it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

This Post Reserved for Characters.
    ----
    Sten Nielsen - Mr. Gen
    Last edited by Veloci; 01-15-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hey Veloci! A historical RP! YAY! I really like for all the detailing you've asked for in the CS. I'll be following this RP, looks like it's going to be a good one!

And now, for all the usual stuff:

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM! Happy RPing!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you Kiki.

I hope I get people.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Ill get an character sheet up soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

mk, I look forward to it.

Even though you are the only person to show interest in this thread...

>.>

Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Adventure, Militaristic.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Interested, making a character sheet.

Horror, Science Fiction, Action, Adventure, Militaristic.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Sten Nielsen.

Sexual Orientation: Straight.

Appearance: Standing at 6'2" with a fair complexion, black hair and dull green eyes, Sten could easily be mistaken for a regular citizen due to his body stature. He wears a pair of brown leather boots, olive drab cargos, complete with a belt holding pouches. An olive drab sweater is hidden under a white shirt, and on top of that a brown coat that reaches down to his knees. He has a bit of a beard that covers his lower face and a dull grey checkered scarf is wrapped loosely around his neck. He has a brown leather backpack containing his equipment (Maroon Beret, Food, Water, Maps & Compass, Medical supplies). Hidden from sight are his weapons, a hunting dagger hidden under his pant leg, sheathed at his boot, and a Steyr Model 1911, hidden in a holster on the left side of his coat, under his armpit.

Nationality: Danish.

Country of Residence: Denmark.

Biography: Born and raised on a farm, much like many other people in Denmark. Sten, in his quiet life of labor and work for his father, always wanted more. The world was a grand place for adventure and his hunger for it grew as he became older. He had heard stories of the great war that had happened, and despite all the ugly truths and terrors he had to hear from his parents, the thought of being in a war riled the child up even more.

At the age of 18, he finally ran from home after having left an apologetic note behind, and joined the Danish army. It wasn't much of an army, and more of a group of skilled huntsmen, but that didn't deter him. He trained hard and that's when it happened. The Second Great war fired up and Sten, along with his fellow brothers in arms, got ready to defend their country.

This however didn't last, and the army were issued to stand down and surrender to the German forces. Before Sten knew it, Denmark had become a nazi country, even with the disagreements of the Danish citizens. To sate his anger he continued training, and a few months later, he was drawn in to a small group of soldiers, specialized in stealth and information gathering, the Jaeger Korps.

This little group of hunters didn't like how Denmark had turned out, and wanted to make a difference, but not by blood, but by information and sabotage. The Korps had worked together with British spies for months prior to Stens induction, and once he had completed training, he was given his mission: Go to Eastern Europe under the cover of a citizen and report German movement, sabotage any equipment that seems of importance, and most of all, dispose of any enemy soldiers of high rank.

Sten packed up, and left Denmark, finally setting out on his adventure into the world, with nothing but a pistol, the clothes he wore, and a backpack with equipment on his back, at least if any Germans asked, he'd say he was a vagabond heading back to his family.

Branch of Military and Rank: Jaegerkorps Member.

Other: Sten carries a tattoo that runs along his right forearm with the words "Mere at være, end at synes". He is a friendly, outgoing person, but his time in the Danish army and Jaegerkorps has affected him greatly, making him a silent person, often spending more time in thought than he does in words, with vigilant eyes and a sure footing.

He knows Danish, German, and a limited amount of English.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like him Gen.

Accepted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Brain O'Donnell
    Sexual Orientation: Hetero-sexual
    Appearance:
    Nationality: Irish
    Country of Residence: N/A
    Biography: TBA
    Branch of Military and Rank: Infantry Battalion, Private
    Other: (Anything else you want to add. Theme songs etc.)

WIP

I lost my old draft and need to rebuild. I need to get my phone so I can get the image again, so I should be done sometime tomorrow.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 01-17-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast