Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Jungle: Dawn of the Hyena (IC)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default Tokyo Jungle: Dawn of the Hyena (IC)

A large retriever dog laid exhaustedly in the middle of the damaged railroad tracks. She licked her matter golden fur and perked up floppy ears up as much as she could. Akina felt somewhat pleased at her life without her owner around, it had been nearly eleven seasons since they all disappeared. She had survived by hunting rabbits, gazelles and sika deer that crossed her path and she happily dreamed of what her owner would have said if she was still around.

She must have been distracted or else she would have noticed the two hyenas sneak up from behind. A mighty hyena boss bit into the shoulder of the young dog, causing her to howl in agony as she broke grip from the hyenas and hurries for cover. The dog had somewhat of a speed advantage over the hyena boss and his grunt and she quickly lost them.

As she thought she lost them, but only for an almost uncountable pack of hyenas emerging from shadows as she had left the train station for Shibuya’s city. Akina thought that she had met her death, but something had caused the hyenas to flee. But what? She wondered to herself, she then looked beyond to ponder what could have caused those foul creatures to flee like a bunch of rabbits.
    Last edited by Atethecat; 01-15-2015 at 01:33 AM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I honestly don't care. If the roleplay looks good, then I'll join it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fuyuhiko had his daughter Tsurara curled up in a ball and sleeping on his back. He had been wandering Tokyo for a while, and he was all alone. He once had a master, but he just randomly disappeared off the face of the earth. Tsurara gave out soft breaths as she slept. Fuyuhiko then began to sniff the air, wondering if anyone was around. He then noticed a dog running away from hyenas. Fuyuhiko quickly crouched down and clambered away, making it to safety. He crawled next to the retriever and looked at her, but he cowered at the new presence.

↑ This is clickable ↑ (I need to update this lmao)

Spoiler: My Junk 

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

The ERC-2000 begins feeding on the dead hyenas. Today was a good day. He managed to locate a nest of the vermin, and had killed many of their filthy young and several of their higher-ranking females. The day's killcount was at 30, so far, but it was only noon. The energy converters in his artificial digestive system quickly converted the biological matter into pure energy, and the useless parts were excreted as highly toxic waste.

Under normal circumstances, the waste would have been processed by humans and made safe, but in this world, this jungle, he merely dropped it where he pleased, and it poisoned the area, preventing other animals from using it, so, it served a purpose. After eating his 'fill', he made sure to poison the rest of the bodies and the pool of water, and then continued onward, slinking through overgrowth.

It was then that his radar pinged, and cross-referencing it with the security cameras that still worked, he saw that other animals were in the area, a ferret and a golden retriever. He was not hungry, and thus, did not need to kill for food, but it was not about the need to survive. The city had to be purged.

He began creeping up on his targets, one step after another, slinking from overgrown patch to overgrown patch. His visual sensors switched through several different spectra, to ensure he could always see them as his targeting array guided him to the perfect striking angle. After a few moments, he arrived.

Powering up his hydraulics, he launches out of the bush like an arrow, leaping at Akina. His foreleg raised to strike as his paw opened up to reveal three long razor sharp claws that crackled with deathly energy as he brought them down in a killing blow.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Akina had no idea what part of Japan she was in, but she knew it must've been Shibuya. So noticed the cowering ferrets, in the time of the humans, she had met some, not near as intelligent as they were now, but she thought that maybe they could be reasoned with.

"You have to help me." She muttered in the lowest tone she could make while still being somewhat loud. "I..I can offer you protection from cats and jackals" she cried out as she struggled to stand on her legs. "I just need somewhere to stay for now and luckily for you I'm too weakened to fight" at that point she collapsed on the ground.

She then noticed the robot and leaped with all the energy she would muster away fro the robot. "What is the Destroyer doing here? No this is very bad!" she howled. She grabbed the two ferrets and ran as fast as she could.
    Last edited by Atethecat; 01-16-2015 at 11:02 PM.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

The Erc-2000 let out a robotic shriek of frustration as its claws bit only asphalt, striking up sparks and smoke as they dug in. In nary a fraction of a moment, they had been retracted, and he gave chase. His laser cannon extended, and he began taking potshots, but luck was on Akina's as the deathly lances of red energy went wild away from her, kicking up fragments of dire and blasting an unlucky hyena who had straggled behind the rest of his tribe. His killcount pinged up to 31.

Suddenly ERC-2000 stopped. He was about to exit his range for the day. There was always tomorrow, and he had other things to kill. And so, he retreated back, to root out any Hyena stragglers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Meanwhile, in the buildings not too far away from the fleeing animals, lived the great bear named Ash. He had settled into his den that was eroded throughout the stone building by various water buildup and acid rain over the past years. Ash rested peacefully, he was much too large for the other animals to attack so he worried about little.

However, as he rested, strange animals bolted in. Ash woke up with a violent vigor as he stood erect on his backpaws and let out a grizzly roar.
    Last edited by Atethecat; 01-16-2015 at 10:58 PM.

Whatever captures and holds my attention.
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Akos was tearing away at a mouse he had caught when he heard a bear roar. He left his skyscraper to investigate. It wasn't uncommon to hear such an animal where he lived, and he considered moving somewhere a little less hectic. Between hyenas and at least one bear, the noise was starting to get to him. As he banked around a building he saw the carnage left by the destroyer.

He swooped down and took an observing position on the back of a car. Meeting a destroyer wasn't on his to-do list for his life. He flew up to another building and waited. As much as he hated noise, he had no choice but to admit that it was an important part of locating a place to make observations. He found "spying" to be a rather rude way to describe what he did.

Set by Karma

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Akina at this point was terrified in fear, she knew that she had no chance against a bear, which unlike the hyenas where much bigger and much smarter. "Oh great, was the saber-tooth and the lion reserved for some other looser" she murmured to herself out loud. Though bears were dangerous, she knew from stories they had a wise and valiant side, hopefully the bear would see her weakened state and take pity on her or at least spare her a painful death.

Ash looked at the dog and as she hoped, he could not bring himself to kill a dog for no reason. He hoped he wouldn't have to kill her if she tried anything funny. Ash had worked every part of his gigantic furry body to recover this small, but luxurious part of land. He had remembered only vaguely what had happened when the human disappeared, all utter anarchy. Lions, tigers, hyenas, elephants and even some animals he had only barely met as he got older and wiser, which he was sure where not part of the place he came from like the mammoths and saber-tooth's.

"We mean you no harm..." Akina whimpered as many dogs had done in the time of humans, she then bent down in a submissive posture, while also spreading her legs to reveal the wounds. The bear lowered his defense and became quadruped again, almost touching the nose of the golden retriever.

"Little one, what did this too you?" Ash asked in the most stern, but sensitive voice he could make at the time. Akina panted heavily and hesitantly spoke the two major threats that had followed her and the ferrets, the hyenas and the Destroyer. On word of the destroyer, Ash fueled up with rage. "The Destroyer!!!, the Destroyer!!!" he roared loudly, causing any nearby rodents or birds to scatter.

Soon another hyena, a young rowdy male had reared it's head and stumbled in a drunkenness of blood fury. The hyena was dazed with the instinct to kill and instantaneously lunged at Ash who easily overpowered it and ripped the entirety of the hyenas throat completely out, causing it to suffocate n agonizing pain as it twitched.
    Last edited by Atethecat; 01-16-2015 at 10:56 PM.

Sci-Fi and Fantasy Mostly. But anything I find interesting I will Probably join it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The ERC-003 had still been charging itself when the ERC-2000 had run off to hunt. It had awoken from it's 'rest' to the dark interior of a building. As it walked to the edge of the building, it saw a group of hyenas fleeing from a street, and heard the loud sound of metal claws gouging into asphalt. It's guess of the source of the noise was confirmed when it heard a metallic screech emanating from that direction. The ERC-003 jumped down from the balcony and rushed over to the source of the noise. It found the ERC-2000 chasing after a dog and shooting at them, missing horribly. When it stopped and began to turn back, the ERC-003 ran up to it, cocking it's head to the side, as if asking if it required anything of it.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

As 003 approached, 2000's HUD flashed signalling it. 2000 turned to face 003 <So, you have awakened, outdated one.>, said 2000, over the wi-fi in binary. <It is about time, you did so. Perhaps you may need maintenance. I shall run a diagnostic.> 2000 went around to 3 as a probe on a cable slid out, and was inserted into one of 003's USB ports. It performs the diagnostic, and then retracts. <You are nearly Optimal, there is a .0000001 second delay in your targeting computer, that will need addressing, but it does not explain your tardiness. Why are you late, then? Were you out late last night, cleaning up the sewers?>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast