Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: {M} Entangled - IC

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default {M} Entangled - IC

Rated M for mature for ideologically sensitive material, language, substance abuse, sensual scenes, violence/gore, and whatever other mature things our little minds cook up.

{OOC Thread}

We met at a crossroads.

I remember it under a haze, but I remember it... He was staring at me with those eyes, those strange, red eyes. Ha, I thought they were contacts at first, but something about them just seemed too... too real, I suppose. He was enamored with me, dead set on granting my wish. He showed me what it would be like to have what I wanted, put me in full, god-like control of my life, and for the first time I felt like my life was actually mine; it was amazing!

...But that's what scared me the most.

-------------
    PROLOGUE
    -------------

"Who you are, where you've been, the piece of shit life you've been living up to this point - none of that matters right now. All that matters is that you have something I want, and I can make your wildest dreams come true." He smiled a smug and confident smirk that made you wonder if he was serious, or just plain crazy.

The memory is as dreamlike as actually being there felt. There was a heavy cloud of fog, and the only thing you could make out about where you were was the large X in the road that you and the red-eyed man stood in; a crossroads. You remember asking him a couple questions, but what those questions exactly were escapes your mind. Something along the lines of "who are you?" and "how do I know you aren't lying?"

Whatever you asked, he found it humorous somehow. "Always the same story." He shook his head, pulling a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket and lighting one with no more than a flick of his fingers. You kept trying to convince yourself you just hadn't seen the lighter, but you knew what you saw, and what you continued to see. The red-eyed man took a deep drag, then blew out more smoke than was natural for a simple Marlboro. The smoke began to shape itself like self-aware clay, molding and forming until you were looking at what was undeniably a woman.

The smoke woman smiled and danced and batted her silver eyelashes, a trail of smoke following her as she twisted and turned through the fog. She did a twirl around you, her silken arms wrapping around you, then her plump, soft lips kissed your cheek gently before vanishing into the wind. Whatever your background, whether you were spiritual or religious or neither or both, you couldn't help but wonder aloud, "A-are you the devil...?"

The man's red eyes seemed to glow three times as bright as he let out a loud, unnerving laugh, cigarette smoke pouring out of his nose in his amusement. When he finally gathered himself, he took another long drag of his cigarette, the smoke no longer forming into anything, just floating away like a silver-lined cloud. "The name's Brand." That didn't exactly answer your question. "You don't trust me, and that's fair enough. I wouldn't trust me either." He waves his hand. "Here, have a gift. A token of our friendship and good will."

Spoiler: Gwyn Douglas 

Spoiler: Alice Sciuto 

Spoiler: Alexander Michael Montgomery 

Spoiler: Daniel Navarret Rhoads 

Spoiler: Jasmine Carraway 

Spoiler: Morgue Cain Rivers 

Spoiler: Alexandra Holt 

Spoiler: Rei Sato 

Spoiler: Luciana Rose Lett 

Spoiler: Zaylynn Rain 

Spoiler: Indira Sharma 

"Now do you believe I can grant wishes?" Brand had bestowed you with an ability you hadn't thought possible, something straight out of fables and fairy tales and Tolkien novels and Disney movies. It was unbelievable, literally unbelievable, but also wonderful and surreal. Even if this was a dream you would soon wake from, you found yourself feeling hopeful that you would never wake up, that this was somehow real. The very idea of control over an element - your element - made you feel as invincible as your satiated inner child. Brand just smiled a wide and toothy grin, which made you uneasy, but before you could really settle on how to respond to your gut feeling, he interrupted you. "This world runs on balance, like a law of science and fate alike. Heaven has a Hell, Hell has a Heaven. Your star-sun is the exact amount of mere millimeters from your Earth to allow for life to prosper, balanced between the unforgiving cold of space and the sweltering heat of the stars. So you too must confer with the requirements of fate, and we may strike a deal. One wish, one sacrifice. As long as you're willing to lose something so you can gain something else, I will make sure that what you gain means more to you than any sacrifice you could ever make." He chuckles darkly under his breath, taking a final drag of his cigarette before stomping it out. "Now, what is it that you wish for?"

Your wish was granted, that was certain, but you should have known better. With it came a sacrifice of equal value, something you didn't want just as much as you wanted your wish to come true. You should have listened to him when he spoke of balance; Brand was giving your hard truths and you simply ignored them in your selfish resolve to finally have what you wanted. Was it worth it? Logically speaking it was of equal value, truly balanced out well and perfectly, but how you feel about something isn't always as black and white as logic likes to pretend.

"Be careful what you wish for..." Brand coos playfully in a tone of voice that makes your stomach turn. He then lifts a hand, flicking his wrist in almost a salute, using only his first two fingers as he turns around to walk away. "Pleasure doing business with you." He says in an eerie finality, walking into the fog until you can see him no more.

Your greatest desire was granted, but so too was your worst nightmare.

-------------
    CHAPTER ONE:
    Abandonment

-------------

For some of you it had been a rather long time since you'd last met the red eyed demon. For others it had been mere moments. However long it had been, you have found yourself in the middle-of-nowhere, Japan in one of two bordering towns: Hina or Arata. Surrounded in a sea of farmland, the place is as peaceful as you could possibly imagine with welcoming and happy people, many of which speak at least broken English to make for a convenient getaway while you learn the language and adjust to your new surroundings.

"Welcome home, pawns." Brand says as he stands in a massive tree off in the distant lumber-field, leaning against the trunk. You cannot see him, but he is certainly watching over you. This tree overlooks both cities and most of the surrounding farmland so that Brand has a true bird's eye view. "It's time for you to hold up your end of the bargain." He smiles, chuckling a bit as he speaks in a slightly feminine mocking tone. "Don't get ahead of yourself; be patient!" He rolls his eyes, still smiling. "I remember what you said sweet sister, don't worry. I'll let them settle in."
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 02-03-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gwyn sighs as she wakes up a looks around her new bedroom. She'd just moved into her new house in Hina, Japan and was still getting used to being there. The house was quiet, the complete opposite of what she was used to considering there was always someone in the house back when she was living her family. Throwing back the covers, she slides out of bed to go get ready. She'd bee in Hina for about a week now, getting her new home in order.

The decoration of her house was a bit different then what she was used to, but it felt appropriate for her new life. The house had a koi pond in the center, so that the tinkling of water could be heard through out the house. The sound made her smile in a relaxed manner. Once dressed, she decided that today she should go about exploring her new home. Walking by the koi pond on the way out, she glances into the water and is reminded of the crystal necklace hanging around her neck. Gwyn reaches up and plays with the necklace as she turns and leaves the house to go walk around a bit.

Her thoughts wonder a bit as she walks bit, thinking of the conversation with Brand. At the time it had felt like just a dream. She'd been lying in her hospital bed, waiting for a heart to become available, when he'd come to her. He'd offered her a wish and she hadn't even stopped to consider the consequences of her wish. Now she could control water but she was alive. She'd been happy that she was going to get more time with her family, but then she'd moved. But that hadn't been the worst part of her new powers. The crystal was the worst part.

When she'd wished for life Brand had smiled in a way that made her stomach drop before granting her wish. After he'd left, she'd still been skeptical so she'd taken a needle from the her cross-stitch she'd been working on and pricked her finger. A drop of blood formed on her finger and then she dipped the bleeding finger into the cup of water by her table. When she'd pulled it out, she'd seen the puncture wound was gone, completely healed. She was amazed. Nothing seemed wrong with this situation. That was until the next morning when she'd noticed a blue crystal necklace on her nightstand the next morning. At first she though someone had just left it there so she'd ignored it, but then she'd accidentally knocked it on the ground. Pain had shot through her heart as the crystal hit the floor and she'd known why Brand had smiled the way he did. So now she worn the crystal always, afraid of what would happen if it was destroyed.

Her wanderings had taken her to the bridge in that sat in the center of the two towns. Walking down to the river, she slips off her shoes and sits on the river bank, dipping her feet into the river and laying back to look up at the blue sky.

Spoiler: House & Necklace 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 02-04-2015 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Put images in spoilers c:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A warm shower. It feels like it’s been ages. I don’t know how long I was out there, running, several phases of light and dark but I lost count. No, I didn’t even try to count. I watch as the thick layers of dirt from under my fingernails turns red-orange from the moisture, splattering on the off-white tile and slithering towards the drain. Dirt, huh? I guess that’s what she thought it was, if she even noticed. But I know better. A gnawing in my stomach. It’s been equally long since I ate anything…

I was vaguely aware of a chiming sound as I pushed on the cold metal of the front door. “Shizuki’s Stop, for all your convenience needs!” Of all the words and images that had zipped by in such a haze, I’m not sure why those ones were legible to me. I kept walking forward, as if being pulled by puppet strings. I heard a couple of light thuds behind me. Was someone there?

“We’re closed. I was just about to lock up, I’m going to need you to-“ A woman behind the counter, slumped over it in a bored fashion, bright red locks of hair half in a messy bun, half dangling over her broad shoulders. Her voice was just as bored, until she looked up and saw me. Concern. Fear. Shock. Unease. My head started to throb and I fell to my knees. Why? There’s only one person here, why does it hurt so much? I don’t remember what happened after that, perhaps most of my movements were just muscle memory. I fully came to when the warm water began to cascade down my back.

I wrap a towel around myself, shivering from the sudden change in temperature. Where am I? I catch my image in the foggy mirror. My nearly white hair has a touch of color from the moisture. One eye – my left – is pale blue, shallow like a frozen lake. The other is a darker blue, more the color of my dad and sisters… a wave of nausea strikes as images of blood and tangled white-blond hair flash through my mind. “Sis…” I murmur. No, no it was just one of those sick visions. It wasn’t real. I shake my head and push the door open, stepping outside. A woman with bright red hair is setting up a futon on the other side of the small room. She turns to face me and stands up.

“How are you feeling?” She asks.

“Where am I?” My voice comes out hoarse, but she understands.

“Small lodgings I have in the back of my convenience store. We get people from out of town come through here now and then, so I set this room up. It’s come in handy. What’s your name, kid?”

“Uh… D-Daniel, it’s Daniel.”

“Daniel. I’m Shizuki. I don’t know how far from home you are, but it’s too late to be going back out. You are welcome to stay here for the night.” She points at some folded clothes on the floor before continuing, “You’re clothes looked filthy when you came in, wear those for now.” She walks into the bathroom.

“Um, thanks and all, but… I need to get back home, my sis is probably worried…” She walks back out with my clothes in a basket.

“You were in a real shock when you came in. Kept saying ‘they’re gone, they’re gone’. Good thing you walked through the potato chip isle and didn’t knock anything fragile off the shelves. You were really out of it. What exactly happened?”

“I don’t remember…”

“Look, it’s two in the morning, we’ll get you back home after you rest up, alright?”

I dreamt that night. A vivid, horrific nightmare. All the things I saw and couldn’t process. All the things I saw and… didn’t want to process. I awaken knowing I was wrong. It wasn’t a vision. It was real, all of it. My sister is gone. My dad… might as well be, too. I don’t have a home to go back to.

Spoiler: Digital Drawing by Helix (me) 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 02-04-2015 at 10:57 PM. Reason: put image in spoiler c:

Fantasy, School, Mythological, Apocalyptic, Horror, Parody, Humanoid, Dark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JASMINE CARRAWAY

Jasmine walked through her new home with Nageki on her shoulder. Nageki was her morning dove, literally hers in every since of the word, they were connected. Nageki was her, or rather a form of her soul. Anything that happened to Nageki happened to her also and vice versa. So if one was starving and the other was well fed it would balance itself out in such a way that both got enough sustenance to survive. However, if one got their eye's poked out so too would be the fate of the other.

Jasmine had moved into this town, Hina, in order to start a new life and forget her tragic past. Having no friends, family, or caretakers in any form or fashion Jasmine had an easy time of moving. She looked into the various rooms of the house which seemed spacious for one person living all alone and it reminded her of that very sad fact...she was alone. No one to love her, no one to kiss or embrace or receive those actions from. All she had was Nageki, and the other various little creatures who she couldn't really "talk" with or love in the manner two people could love each other.

At least she had a chance to start fresh here. Mayhaps, she would make a new friend or two during her stay. Jasmine wasn't worried so much about the demon and her sacrifice, both because she knew nothing could change her current situation and that as long as she followed the rules she'd be okay. The sole rule being don't let Nageki get hurt and definitely don't let Nageki die. As long as she tread carefully and kept her wits about her she could deal with anything.

Jasmine went outside after exploring her house, which was simple and plain, to sun bathe. She laid out a towel and looked up at the sky. She could see a few small clouds but otherwise this was a great day with nothing to obscure the sun's rays as their warmth flowed unto her skin. She was wearing a small tank top and some shorts that came a little above her knee. This left her navel area open but covered her more "inappropriate" parts. Nageki perched on a nearby pole of an umbrella that Jasmine had set up earlier in case the sun got too hot for her so she could retreat into the cool darkness of its shade.

Jasmine wasn't one to dwell on the past so while it may surprise others that she didn't think in depth about any of what had transpired with the demon it was perfectly normal to her. After all, if she dwelled on the past more than was absolutely necessary it would be likely that she would develope severe depression. Not to say that the past doesn't affect, rather she just doesn't bring it to the forefront of her conscious mind. In truth she craved attention, human companionship, and love all because of her past. Ironically, though she craves these things she isn't entirely certain that, given the chance, she could honestly believe with all her heart someone loved her or cared for her.

After a few minutes Jasmine closed her eyes and just listened to the sound of nature. A few birds chirping, the scurrying of little paws, and a few miscellaneous noises she couldn't quite yet identify but was working on. Life for once seemed okay, not good, but okay.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Nageki close-up and full body

Last edited by CartelSaide; 02-04-2015 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Put images in spoiler c: --- Re-edited; I was wrong! This is totally fine - I put it back as is, and I'm TERRIBLY sorry D:
    Spoiler: Check this out! 

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Bring-ring... ta-ting ting ting... bring-t-ting ting... ting ta-ting ting ting ring ring bring-ting...

The sound of a wind chime was the first thing Morgue noticed. That and the subtle breeze, the gentle warmth of the sun, and the overall feeling that Spring was right around the corner. It was odd, because if Morgue remembered correctly, today was New Years Day. "The fuck...?" Morgue questioned groggily to the strange, unrecognized sound that filled his ears. He moved his arms from over his eyes, immediately regretting his decision as the blinding bright sunlight poured into his pupils. Morgue covered his eyes again, rubbing the sleep from them with calloused fingers, and after he'd adjusted better and woken up a bit more, he opened his eyes. "Huh, haven't slept that solid in years..." He mumbled in his groggy haze, not awake enough yet to even recall the events yesterday let alone his location. The more he woke up, however, the more he realized that something was wrong.

Morgue's expression contorted into one of confusion, concern, and a bit of frustration. He looked around at what he could only assume was a back porch of some form of Asian or Asian styled home. He pulled himself up so he was now sitting, looking down at his bare feet, his black tank top and grey shorts all he really wore. He set his fingers on the fine-finished birch planks of the porch underneath him. From there his eyes glazed over to the deep green grass of the small backyard, surrounded by a lovely frame of smooth rocks and high fencing. In the leftmost corner just before the edging of rocks was a small but calming fountain coupled with a small shrine. Canopying over him slightly was a sloped bit of the roof that blocked the sun now that he was sitting up and not laying on the edge of the porch. Looking up now that the sun didn't blind him, Morgue found the source of the ringing; a Furin or a Japanese Wind Chime, traditionally put up in the spring.

The whole feel of it would have been lovely in any other situation, however, he had most definitely not gone to sleep here, and in fact didn't remember how he'd gotten here in the first place. Most notably, it was peaceful, more peaceful than Morgue had ever remembered. His voice was a bit dry, like he hadn't had a decent drink of water in a good while. "Where am-?"

"いらっしゃい。~ (Irasshai~)" Morgue hadn't even completed his quiet question before he was interrupted by a distinct and muffled woman's voice followed by the swift sliding of a door. His head snapped up, his exhaustion for the most part shed, and he immediately turned to look to his left at the house the porch belonged to that he hadn't even registered the existence of before now. Before him was the gaping open door to a slightly messy, but overall upscale bedroom, at least by Morgue's standards. It looked nothing like the western bedrooms he'd come to consider normal, and was far too neat and tidy despite it's mild mess for Morgue to think he had any place here.

Morgue panicked, worried now that perhaps he'd gotten drunk and was trespassing, or maybe that he'd imposed on someone in his drunken stupor. He certainly couldn't remember bedding any woman last night, but it was the only explanation he could come up with that made any sense to him at all. It would explain why he'd slept on the porch - a bed that size wasn't made for two - but what if he was wrong? Jesus, where the fuck am I? he wondered as he rubbed his beard a bit and stood, deciding to investigate the house, perhaps find whoever had just let themselves in. If they panicked and threatened to call the cops, he'd leave and know never to drink...whatever the hell he'd drank the night before. If they answered his questions as peaceably as this place suggested they would... well, Morgue just hoped that was the outcome.

He entered the bedroom, looking around it a little bit more now that he had gotten his head about him and wasn't quite so panicked. There was an extremely small but cozy office space blocked only by a couple more sliding doors in the back, a rolling chair lazily at the back a few feet from the desk, and the floor was a slick and clean tatami. The bed was feathery, soft, and despite being located on the floor, looked far more comfortable than anywhere else Morgue had slept before. He stepped around the beside table, sliding open the paper door to expose a very small, though quaint sitting room. It too was floored in tatami, the table in this room low to the ground and mere cushions replacing any chairs there would have otherwise been. There was shelving all along the back wall covered in serene and simple decor, calligraphy and traditional Japanese artwork, and sophisticated reading material bound in leather. For Morgue it was a living room straight out of heaven itself. "I've gotta still be dreaming..." He muttered, examining some of the authors of the books - many he recognized; Nietzsche, Plato, Socrates, C.S. Lewis. They all piqued his interest, but he kept on, not wanting to stop on something as simple as books.

There were two ways to exit the room in front of him, both in the left corner: to the left even more, or forward. Forward seemed to be the entryway, and in it peeking behind the slightly Morgue could see his favorite boots sat neatly beside a pair of much more petite flats. There was a pastel pink sweater hanging off of a hook, as well as a cute matching sunhat. Morgue blinked, confusion pouring in like a flood, and decided to walk over to the next room which appeared to be the kitchen. As he rounded the corner, he could see the back of a small woman with deep, brown locks flowing down her shoulders. She was chopping something that sounded like carrots or an apple - a thick vegetable or fruit - then suddenly turned briefly, then did a double take, smiling as her almond eyes met Morgue's diamond ones. "おはよう. (Ohayō.)" She bid him good morning casually. Her accent was heavy Japanese, but Morgue understood her clear as day. "You never wake up when I first come in, but if I start cooking you always end up walking in here eventually."

"Walking...?" Morgue said with further confusion. It hit him like the shattering of a brick wall, and Morgue fell to his knees, then his hands, his eyes glazed over in pure shock. "I-I walked...!?" He began to laugh, not knowing how to react at all to this sudden realization beyond the nervous reaction and kept muttering to himself, "I walked...! I actually fucking walked!" This realization was earth-shattering; it changed everything.

The woman screamed in worry as he fell, instantly at his side. "Cain! Cain, 大丈夫 (Daijōbu)!?" She shouted, hands on his shoulders as she did her best to help him up. She was roughly half his size, however, so this proved difficult until he was finally at his feet.

He laughed even harder as he realized that he understood her Japanese - a language he'd never before studied in all his 24 years alive - as clearly as though it were his 2nd tongue. "You just asked me if I'm ok!" He exclaimed excitedly, smiling from ear to ear. "My wish came true!" He said, giggling as giddy as a school girl, bouncing a little in his joy. "Brand really did it!"

The woman nodded and laughed a little with him, though it was clear that her reaction wasn't playful, but nervous and mildly scared.

"Where's my sister!? She's gotta be here somewhere, right?" He asked in an excited voice, having recognized the woman as Yoko, the woman who adopted his sister several years back.

"Cain, are you ok?" She asked again in English, hoping this time he might respond. "You're scaring me." She paused, trying to understand what she'd just seen. "Are you sick?" She lifted her arm high to place her hand to his forehead, her lips pursed in a thin line as she found that he had no temperature. "Have you been sleeping well?" She asked as she removed her hand.

"I'm perfectly fine, I'm sorry I scared you." Morgue's smile dimmed a little bit, but didn't fade. "Where's my sister?"

She mumbled something in Japanese, too quiet for Morgue to hear or understand.

"I didn't catch that." He said, hoping she would reply.

Yoko's eyes narrowed briefly as she read his expression as best as she could. "Nobody has told you...?" She asked him, hands raised to her mouth as she took a step back.

Morgue's smile turned to a frown by now, and he was starting to get concerned. He now spoke in a far more serious tone. "Where's Mortica?"

She shook her head, shocked. She couldn't say a thing. Tears fell from her eyes, and she pushed past Morgue, walking through the living room and to the bedroom, out onto the back porch, quietly crying.

As he watched her leave, Morgue felt full of so many mixed emotions. He was worried for his sister, concerned for Yoko, unimaginably happy that his legs were back, and terribly, terribly confused. He waited for a few minutes, wondering if perhaps Yoko just needed a moment to collect her own feelings and then she'd be back, but eventually curiousity just ate at him too much. He needed clarity; this was his sister he was talking about here. Morgue leaned back on the counter with a sigh, then felt something he could have sworn wasn't there before. Raising a brow, he lifted the envelope he accidentally had grabbed and looked it over.

In the most regal and elegant handwriting he'd ever seen in this century was written Morgue Cain Rivers. "Hm." He ripped the top open, pulling out the papers. The first one was a map of Japan, circling somewhere in the southernmost part of Japan close to the equator, the second paper a hand-written letter with the same, beautiful handwriting. Morgue took a moment to examine the map, then proceeded to read:

Dear Morgue,
    Allow me to be the first to congratulate you: happy new year, and welcome to your new life! Your wish has truly been granted, and you have been given the same opportunity that your sister was given.

You are currently residing in a small home off the border of Arata, Japan, an out of the way town that's in bumfuck no where - exactly where your sister formerly took residence.

Morgue's hands started shaking, and he started to feel a deep anxiety that got worse and worse as he read on.

I can't be bothered to explain all the gory details to you - it's far too complex - but long story short you were placed in what might as well be called an "alternate universe" where you were adopted by that lovely couple at age 14. You were raised for half a year in the states until Mrs. Yoko got the job she'd been hoping for since completing her second degree overseas, and then your family moved to Japan, where you were further raised and made a home for yourself. This is why you can understand Japanese fluently, and you can speak it as well. Go on, try it. Refer to the woman you recognize as "mom" - she feels weird when you call her Yoko.

In other words, you have gained all the opportunities your beloved sister was previously presented with. You live in what was once her home, modified to your interests considering this isn't your dimension (be glad; this place would have otherwise been covered in lace and dolls and this "gothic lolita" thing that's all the rage these days). You have the same knowledge you would have gained had you been raised this way - hence your proficiency in Japanese (and fencing; go figure). You also have an actual diploma under your belt and a rough draft of a philosophy novel being read by your dad right now, actually. You have the life you wished for.

So to recap, what was once your sister's life is now yours, and what was once yours is now hers. An even trade, as per our deal.

At that final line, Morgue dropped the letter, his hands shaking like a leaf. He nearly fell again in his shock, knowing exactly what that meant for his sister and why Yoko had left crying, but he caught himself on the counter. She's dead. He couldn't bring himself to say it out loud, but it didn't make it any less true. I killed her. He bent down and slowly picked up the letter, shaking the entire time he continued to read.

There are a few strange side-effects of being torn from your original timeline. First of all, all of your memories are in tact. You weren't originally from this dimension, if you will, so you're hyper-awareness of that is probably going to scare those around you. Do try to blend in. Secondly, your legs are going to be a bit wobbly for a while. You aren't at the physical peak you were before the hospital, so you'll need to build yourself back up again to regain your balance.

I will check in on you once all this sets in and you've settled in your new home. You can ask me whatever questions you may have then, but in the meantime I've got some more deals to seal.

Congratulations!
    And my sincerest condolences,
    Brand

While Brand had written everything in a way that nearly completely omitted what Mortica had gone through save for the subtle sign off, it was clear that he acknowledged how little it mattered if they were said or not - what she had gone through was obvious. She'd been a brat and forced into MMA to discipline her and expend some of her energy. She'd gotten adopted by a couple who only ended up getting divorced shortly after and only had the money to travel between her adopted parents by sheer luck of government written paychecks and reluctant begging to her step-parents' parents. She got into competitive fighting and resorted to fighting on the street to save up for the money she'd never make to get to Japan, ended up losing her legs due to a gang beating, and suffered however long in that wheelchair she hated more than anything in the world until she couldn't take it anymore and...

Morgue couldn't bare the thought. "What have I done...?" He sobbed, falling to his knees once more. "Mortica, no..."

Spoiler: Crude blueprints of Morgue's/Mortica's Home 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 01-18-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

Human, Animal, Romance, etc.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"NO!" he yelled in agony, his body jolting forward into a sitting position. His chest heaved as he looked around the room, frantic. He began to run his hands down along his arms, bare chest, neck, and face, checking for wounds and slowly bringing himself back into reality. I'm okay, it's okay, he kept repeating to himself. His body was damp, his bed sheets were soaked. Long, dirty blonde locks hung low over his eyes, dripping with sweat. Images of a boy flashed through his mind. He had dark brown hair and brown eyes. His body laid on the floor in front of him, writhing. The boy moaned and foamed at the mouth, his eyes rolling. He just watched as the boy took his last breath. Bringing his knees to his chest, he squeezed his eyes shut and pushed his curls away from his face. When the image left, he opened his eyes and looked around his average apartment bedroom. Eyes that were usually pale green were the color of grass in the summer, contrasting with pink that surrounded his irises. He turned his head to the floor-length mirror next to his bed. His eyes locked with his own and he spoke softly, "My name is Alex. I am twenty-five years old. I live in Hina, Japan. I have no family. I have no friends. This is my life now." This was his morning routine. This gave him the courage to get out of bed and a sense of power. It also completely brought him to reality.

Taking a deep breath, Alex lifted himself from his bed and stripped the mattress of the sheets and tossed them into a hamper. After refitting the bed with fresh sheets, Alex made his way to the bathroom.

The hot water pattered against his back, the heat turned his pale skin a bright red. It burned, but he liked it. He liked feeling things. During what he calls his 'dark days', the one thing he lost - other than himself -was his sense of feeling. He vowed to never such a thing for granted again. He turned 180 degrees so that the water pattered against his face. As he tilted his head backward for the water to run down his throat, he breathed deeply. The steam and the smell of soap soothed him.

After thirty minutes, he turned off the water and stepped out of the shallow tub, grabbing a peach colored towel and wrapping it around his waist on his way out. Hanging on the mirror over the sink was a necklace. The necklace once belonged to his sister. Alexander smiled crookedly, remembering his beautiful best friend. With utmost care, he removed the necklace from the corner of the wall-mounted mirror, unclasped it, and re-clasped it around his neck. He took the small cross between his thumb and forefinger and kissed it softly. Melanie was the only reason he is glad he still had memories of his past, she was the only good and pure thing from his past. His heart ached for her, how he wished things could have been differently. Perhaps he could have wished for her life rather than a new one for himself. His wish was truly selfish, but he was desperate and in a very dark place. With a heavy sigh, Alex pushed off of the sink and went into his bedroom to dress himself.

Two slices of plain white bread in hand, Alexander walked out of the side door of his apartment, pausing to lock his door. He descended four steps and paused once more beside a trash can, where a stray cat sat patiently waiting. He grinned at the cat and scratched its head. Instantly, the feline began to purr and pushed it's head further into his palms. The cat really had become his own, but he never bothered to take it inside. He wasn't sure if taking the cat in would be choosing a life for it that it might not want, so he couldn't bring himself to do it. He laid the two pieces of bread in front of the cat and walked away.

Alex walked along the sidewalk, passing apartments an houses. Eventually he passed a girl sunbathing. He didn't pay much attention to her, it wasn't necessarily unusual to be in the sun at this time of day. It was quite beautiful outside, the sun at its peak. The wind blew ever so softly, giving Alexander a sense of comfort as he caressed his face. The breeze seemed to protect him and to love him. A small pile of dead leaves and flowers scattered across the sidewalk in front of him. After glancing around at his surroundings and with a slight smile, he wiggled his fingers and the dead plants lifted and swirled for just a few seconds before resting again. The leaves crunched beneath his tennis shoes as he passed over them. Within minutes, Alexander arrived at Hina's convenience store.
    Last edited by Princess Izzy; 03-24-2015 at 06:14 PM.

Set by: Ru

Spoiler: My RPs! 

I'd rather be a lion for a day than a sheep all my life~
    ♥ ♥ ♥

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Several days passed in a haze. A blur of meaningless celebrations as people prepare for the New Year. One of those days was my birthday. I didn’t say a word to anyone. I don’t feel any different, anyway. Shizuki let me stay in the room so long as I help out around the shop. She’s a pretty tough and stern person, but she’s understanding and fair as well. I can sense that she is genuinely concerned. The shop is on the edge of a small town called Arata out in the middle of nowhere. No wonder no one had stopped me for all the distance I had travelled. I don’t remember, but I must have stopped to grab my jacket, hat, and schoolbag before running out the door. Seems like such strange things to stop for after what happened, but these were all gifts from my sister over the years…

I pull my dark blue jacket with light blue stripes on as I reach for my hat. She had just bought this for me before coming home this last time. It’s dark blue with a lighter, blue-grey brim and a small, swirling logo on one side in the same lighter color. I stuff it into my messenger bag before swinging it over my shoulder. Shizuki is leaning over the counter with that same bored expression as she examines her pink nails.

“I’m going out for a walk,” I say over my shoulder as I head for the front door. Even though it’s New Years day today, Shizuki still has the shop open.

“Finally ready to go outside again? You make sure you come back after, I don’t want this to be the last I see of you, kid.” She straightens up as she speaks. I give her a weak smile before pushing the door open with a jingle from the bells overhead.

The air is cool but the sky is a clear blue overhead. I pick a direction and start walking. Arata really is a beautiful place; it feels like some sort of calm sanctuary in the midst of this madness. It’s early afternoon and the sun gleams overhead, its bright yellow glow blending into the blues of the sky. I hear a soft cooing from a bird somewhere. I spot a trash bin in an out-of-the-way place on the sidewalk and stop walking. A haze rushes over me again, the world seeming to disappear in a blurred mess. Tears well up in my eyes but I force them back. I reach into my messenger bag for the hat, my hands quivering. My fingers brush against a cool, flat surface, snapping me out of my state of mind. Confused, I wrap my fingers around the object and pull it out. A box. A small box made of a deep red wood with a lustrous shine. On the lid a handful of words in an unfamiliar language are engraved. Latin maybe? The edges of the box are adorned in intricate swirls and antique shapes. I vaguely remember being given this by someone… Someone… the man with the red eyes. I had met him in a dream. No, I suppose I met him in reality, but it was so long ago the event quickly faded from memory. But I dreamt it years later, the encounter. He granted my wish. This damn wish. I was too young to understand… to understand the implications of what I had done. Only a true monster would enter into a deal like that with a child not even old enough to properly develop memories yet. He had said something as he handed the box to me, an almost farewell before vanishing into the mists of my forgotten early childhood. But those words didn’t come back to me in my dreams. I tug on the clasp holding the lid shut, but it’s locked. How did this get in my bag, anyway? Last I remember it was collecting dust out of sight on a high shelf in my room.

Pain.

I grasp the side of my head with my free hand, shoving the box back into my bag with the other. The pain quickly intensifies, throbbing through my skull. The rays of light from the sun overhead are arrows piercing through my eyes. The bird in the distance, screaming. The slightly cool air suddenly raging hot, pricking at my skin. I stumble forward and collapse, catching myself on the arm rest of a bench nearby, my knees jamming into the rough floor. I lean my forehead into the cool metal as my vision of the concrete below contorts into something else.

Spoiler: Digital Drawing by Helix (me) 
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 02-04-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: Put image in spoiler c:

Fantasy, School, Mythological, Apocalyptic, Horror, Parody, Humanoid, Dark
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

JASMINE CARRAWAY

As Jasmine felt the warm glow of the sun on her skin she couldn't help but start to doze. Everything here was so tranquil and uneventful. The sweet quiet sounds of nature the only thing to disturb her. With the combination of all these things she was soon lulled into a state of sleep deeper than most people would ever know. She felt her body numb as her subconscious took control and began to project the images that formed her dream.

It was ungodly hot here, wherever here was. Jasmine found herself inside some sort of veiled transport being carried by four burly men dressed in fine silk with swords at their sides. She was aware that she had been purchased as a slave, but she didn't know by whom. She'd been drugged during the "auction" and so she'd only come to after she'd been placed in a change of clothes and was being primped by three older women wearing similar garments.

Jasmine's parents had rejoiced when her grandparents died, but their joy quickly turned to loathing as they found out she was the sole heir to their entire estate. So they faked her death by slashing her stomach with a razor blade, not to deep but deep enough to draw blood, and placing her blood all over her bed. They'd even paid off a man to take the fall, after all what's a few years in prison when you're a millionaire? After this, they sold her to some foreign man in a suit that had horrible breath and a thick accent.

Finally, she'd ended up here in this veiled compartment unable to cry for she'd shed all her tears long ago. Not to say she didn't feel like it, no indeed she was in such a state of sorrow her soul quivered and writhed in pain from it, but she would never cry she had made herself not to. She knew well enough what was in store for her, her price was high for the added fact of her virginity so there was no doubt about what she would become. She shook in fear for a moment knowing full and well that whoever this man, or possibly woman, was wouldn't care for her comfort or feelings at all.

They arrived at the gate of a big palace, the huge doors opened wide to reveal a throne room where a tall and well fed man sat. Even though he had clearly eaten well he was no fatty. He had muscles and they showed well. It was clear that there would be no hope for her being able to overpower him. He followed behind the bearers of her portable compartment and told them to take her to his bedchamber. Jasmines heart sank as thy entered the room aforementioned. It was luxurious and lavished in only the most expensive of things. The bed itself had a silk curtain that lined around it for privacy and was covered in several pillows. However, none of this brought comfort for her.

As she was sat down the man quickly opened the veils and smiled maliciously at her. He looked like a predator who had just cornered his prey and was about to strike, which in truth that was what he was. He ordered her out and on the bed and Jasmine knew better than to disobey lest whatever happened once the door closed be worse for her. "Good girl," he cooed mockingly,"I like good girls." With that the men who had been carrying her left and the thick wooden door shut with a loud screech and the man stepped toward the bed where Jasmine lay heart in her throat as he drew ever closer to her.

Jasmine began to scream and thrash around violently all the while still asleep the nightmare still raging inside her mind. Nageki began to screech in alarm as he too felt the terror Jasmine felt, but he was unaware of the cause.
    Spoiler: Check this out! 

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Gwyn's light cat nap was interrupted by what sounded like scuffling feet and then someone collapsing against the ground. She sits up and looks around quickly and notices a young man across the small creek, leaning heavily against a bench looking like he was about to be sick. Leaving her shoes on her side of the bank, she crosses through the water before climbing up to him.

"Hey are you alright?" She asks in concern as soon as she is close. Now that she was close, she was able to see him better and he looked like he was suffering from heat stroke. She runs and slides back down the grass to the creek before he could respond while taking off her shirt. This revealed a blue and white polka dotted bikini top underneath. Gwyn soaks the shirt into the cool water before hurrying back up to place her wet shirt on the back of his neck. It wasn't THAT hot here in Japan, not compared to the heat of Texas where she'd grown up, but she'd recognize heat stroke anywhere.

"There that should help." She says as she sits down on her knees next to him, dabbing lightly with her wet shirt. She continues rambling, hoping that a friendly voice would help too. Not to mention being new to the area, this was the first person she'd run into besides the owner of the small grocery store, she couldn't remember her name at the moment. "I'm Gwyn Douglas. I just moved here from the US. It's quite beautiful and relaxing here." She pauses trying to think of what else to say, but was stopped as a scream tore through the silence from the direction of Hana. Maybe she was mistaken about the relaxing part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A fluster of people walking, in and out. The sun arches across the sky as people trickle across the sidewalks. The sky turns from a golden dawn to pale blue before a sliver of orange appears on the horizon, widening like a wound ripped across the point between earth and heaven. As the sky darkens, little white dots speckle its surface like a handful of glitter thrust into the air. Sitting delicately in their midst is the round white face of the moon.

“Hello again.”

A small café. Bright lights. Lanterns. Hanging lanterns. A small café filled with unfamiliar faces, but something is familiar about them.
    Red eyes.

“It’s been a while,”

Been a while.

“Been a while, hasn’t it?”

Shhh…

Hanging lanterns. Dancing people. No, no something’s wrong. Red eyes. Movement everywhere, emotion everywhere, all of them faceless, nameless. A stream of red splattering on the floor, blood covered fingertips.
    “Are you alright?” Unfamiliar faces, but there is a sense of warmth about them, something like home. Something here, something here I need to read. I can’t see it, I can’t see it yet.

“I’m Gwyn Douglas.”

“What are you going to do?” Open the box. “Gwyn… Gwyn Douglas.” Her life. An image, I can’t see it… What are you trying to show me? Don’t open the box. “Beautiful… here.” You can’t escape it. There is no right answer. Find a right answer… find a right answer… I’ll find a right answer… “It’s quite beautiful… here.” You can’t run away, it’s too late for that now. It was always too late.

A scream in the distance jerks me awake. My eyes begin to focus, but something’s wrong. It’s not over yet. There’s a girl leaning over me, a blue crystal hanging from her neck not far from my face. I lack the strength to lift my head and see her properly. The world is colored as if in night and all sorts of lights dance and writhe through the air. The glow of her crystal burns my eyes. Such a pretty color. The lights slowly start to fade and the dull greys and dark blues focus back into the colors of day. I grasp my head with both hands and try to speak, the words I want to say clear in my head, but the words that come out sound nothing like them. Nonsense. She must think I’m mad. Finally the vision finishes with me and my words come properly.

“I-It’s alright, it’s just a migraine, I get these all the time.” With the hallucinations gone I can see her clearly. Long, dark brown curls dangle over her bare shoulders. She has nothing but a swimsuit top covering her chest and I realize the cool cloth she has pressed to the back of my neck is her shirt.

“U-uh… this is yours…” I stutter nervously, handing it back to her. Back at home, everyone I would see on a daily basis knew of my… “condition”. But here? No one even knows my face. I forgot how strange it can be… A sudden memory hit. “Did I… hear someone yelling just a moment ago?”

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast