Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Forest of Timeless Light

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi and Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Dark Forest of Timeless Light

It is depicted in murals in ancient walls that a great united culture existed but all murals show how it came to an end,a warrior from another dimension and a Titan that's reptilian look brought terror to any who view even the mural. The warrior was a vessel for the titan or so scholars believe, all that is known is his name carved into walls and floors,even uttering it strikes fear into the very hearts of even the sturdiest warriors, and to this day none forget the name Valdarakk and the one warrior who stood against the monster. he too was depicted to have come from another dimension, he was human despite what others may say, the great ice carver, he manipulated ice as if it were an extension of his body his name was Zakari Kazunite no-one knows where he came from or who he was but he was the only one brave enough to stand against valdarakk and before they begin combat the murals stop there. and so scholars believe he was victorious, for if he wasn't then the world would have been destroyed.

The kingdom of Tyralia a land that features flourishing forests wide rivers and sky scraping mountain ranges this tale is one many look to for hope and courage as well as a remainder of fear in the present day however a ancient city has been discovered unearthed but all sound and messages coming from it have been silent for months the king sends YOU on to investigate the ruins cause he doesn't want to waste his precious people. the expedition to the ancient forest of timeless light is the first stop towards the ancient city but it takes a journey to get there through the emerald forests the steel saw mountains and many more places verdant with life and Death...LOVELY now then you are in the main city Gaia preparing for the expedition this is your one chance for bringing honour to your family or the biggest payday of your life and or career and an adventure WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG am i right but before that you must sign up for the expedition or else you'll be left behind, no pressure

Races:
    Humans
    adaptive and all round people nothing special but with time they can fit into anything be as silent as night as strong as dragons y'know humany stuff they are also the race that has the most villages and cities all humans get education if you can afford it and they get food if you can afford it and you get protected if you can afford it and by that i mean there are mercenaries who will protect your family forever from nobles bullying and such as they are outside the law however everyone higher up hates mercenaries and see's them as filth but mercenaries love getting to piss in a nobles coffee cup of fun so they tend to mostly do it as a hobby of course some are so courageaous that they could tell a demon to go romance a tree trunk and they could get away with it

Elves
    incredibly skilled fighters or powerful mages however they only have a natural talent for one thing it is incredibly rare for an elf to have the talent for all trades so you are pretty much assigned your job at birth if your magic then the Arcane school for you if a warrior then off to the millitary acadamy of course some elves run away and become rogues but they are looked down upon in elven culture but they are welcomed into other cultures with open arms depending on whether you follow their rules or not

Foxling
    rare but not uncommon men and women with tails and ears of foxes they are gifted with being able to cause a bar brawl and sneak out unscathed incredibly cunning and sneaky their tongues are as sharp as their swords they excel at magic but their physical strength limits them to daggers or a short sword but instead of whining they are the race that invented enchantments and because of this many people seek them out for their divine enchantments of course this let's some of them have big ego's but hey every race has it's assholes but have no fear there are not many of them strewn about varying society in fact there is only one known village floating in the centre of lake Firas a lake that is said to be in the centre of a inactive volcano but only the fox's know where it is it eludes all means of tracking otherwise

Name
    Weapon
    Caste: (eg noble,citizen,castless, smiths,merchants,warriors etc)
    What your taking with you: (bread milk eggs you know things you need for a long journey)
    Appearence:

i know you are curious so heres what Valdarakk looked like Terror incarnate https://images.forwallpaper.com/files...t-dragon_p.jpg

for those curious this is the towns imports and what not you might want to base your backstory on some of it thought it might help at least

Gaia Stats
    Race: your race Human,Elf,Foxling
    Imports: Clothing, Cows, Flour and Saddles
    Exports: Fish, Blankets, Stone, Cloth, Potions and Weapons
    Famous for: Being a trading city but having a very strong millitary security and defenseable structure, Farmers that produce quality goods, it's millitary discipline and the founding nation of the Crystal Dragons faith
    Infamous for: hair styles, attractive men and women and it's ability to have made peace in the region last for centuries

Gaia has not fallen to any siege and is considered a military fortress as well as a trading city

City Map: https://th08.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/...as-d5xzbf7.jpg

And if you need any specific information all you need do is ask
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 01-28-2015 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Because stuff and things

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name Zax Etinuzak
    Weapon: An Ancient katana that can never be unsheathed and a longsword from the royal armory
    Backstory Zax is a commander of a small group of casteless knights whoworked his way up to be a trusted representative of who the castelesss should strife to be and proof that even casteless can be knights he has two sisters one is an archmage for the crown the other is his adopted sister and his second in command
    Caste: Knight
    Taking: two canteens of water, one loaf of bread, a box filled with an assortment of berry cooked treats, a box of meat and a pouch of whetstones and some flint
    Appearence:https://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...c969e54be7.jpg
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 01-21-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

The title of this RP gives me the warm and fuzzies for some reason. I really really like the title - it does sound so fantastical. I like your use of the city map as well! Looks good so far.

Here's some other goodies to help you out:

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!
    Last edited by Kiki; 01-22-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for the assistance

Fantasy and just about everything else
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

hope that this will do.

Name: Cole Derpius
    Weapon: A longsword with blood soaked leather hilt and engravings on the side of the blade: a simple wooden kite sheild
    Backstory: Cole was a well know man far to the north of Gaia for being an honest fun loving young man. He drove off many predatory animals from the crops and livestock for his small village and even married a young women by the name of Sera. Then one mist filled night the village was attacked by bandits and only a small percent made it to the trading town nearby, Sera not being one of them. Now Cole has been working on a ship and taking odd jobs to keep himself fed. He now finds himself in Gaia and hears of the expedition. "Pay. Adventure. Possible Death. Been worse off."
    Caste: Casteless
    What your taking with you: Dried meats (4 days rations), 1 water canteen ( 3 days worth of water), whetstones, 1 torch (2 hours), and a journal ( ink and quill provided also)
    Appearence: Height:6’5" Weight: 294 lbs. Cole is fair-faced with silver hair and slightly golden eyes, has burn marks showing on the right side of his neck crawling just above his collar.
    Last edited by Cole D.; 02-22-2015 at 04:43 AM.

-Cole Derpius
    Paladin of Ilmater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Very good i like the detail as to the duration of your equipment as well, very nice. and the addition of a quill ink and journel fascinates me, is he a creative writer, historian, researcher,DOCUMENTING EACH DAY!. aah~ mystery you are an harsh mistress. Welcome aboard Cole Derpius (i'm gonna pronounce it Derph-i-ous unless i am mistaken) when it starts the guard is the first person everyone will talk to but you will be first i look forward to our travels together
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 01-25-2015 at 01:44 AM.
    The Stars are the Path I Follow the Moon the Light that Guides me

Fantasy and just about everything else
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As do I and I did duration for I didn't know how detailed you were wanting and i have experience in D&D so it was just natural for me to make sure. I look forward to our adventures.
    -Cole Derpius

-Cole Derpius
    Paladin of Ilmater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

as long as the basic information is there any amount of detail from there is fine
    The Stars are the Path I Follow the Moon the Light that Guides me

Postapocalyptia, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, General Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Koail Malanorae
    Weapon: A basic Yew wand, suitable for spells of lightning, force, or Arcana Also, an iron-studded leather knuckle duster
    Backstory: Deep within the snow-covered forests of the Northlands, there lies a great Elvish city known as Faradesh. Here lives a nearly hidden race of snow elves, and their nobility. The Malanorae Dynasty has ruled for nearly a century- a century of prosperity for the Moon Elf People. All was peaceful in the Northlands... Too peaceful for the second son of the Dynast-King, Liethkorias. Always the brazen child, Koail has left his cushy formal studies of safe, well-practiced magicks, favouring instead a life of aimless wandering, adventuring, and the primal fury of raw lightning!
    Caste: Moon Elf Noble
    What you're taking with you: The clothes on my back, a simple walking staff, a satchel of Arcane Marbles, a seperate, nearly empty bag of alchemy reagents, a nearly full, compartmentalized bag of simple Potion-making reagents, one pouch of dried venison, two satchels of dried fruits and tree nuts, two skins of water, and one skin of blackwine from home.
    Appearence: 5'11"
    https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...=0CI8BEDMoTzBP
    Last edited by EoinVannerhost; 02-02-2015 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Error in typing
    Vereor Nox
    Nocturna Metu Quia Tegit Ipsos

Postapocalyptia, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, General Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am so excited to be a part of this. Thanks to Cole for helping get re-situated on this site!
    Vereor Nox
    Nocturna Metu Quia Tegit Ipsos

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast