Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleeting Seasons {(OOC)}

Just Your Average Anomaly
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I'm up for just about anything except for most sci-fi and anything sexually mature.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Default Fleeting Seasons {(OOC)}

CLOSED!

Once Upon a Time...

Long before existence came to be, there stood a Great Tree. The Tree obtained many names over time: The Tree of Life, Tree of Beginning, The Origin, Mother Nature, Olden Tree, but it became most known as the the Witness Tree. With influence over all of time, space, and life itself, the Witness Tree is the sole support for all of existence-of space, time, and life itself.

But now, the Tree is dying. The Tree's guardian, the Witness, has vanished without a trace. Without their life force to keep the Tree alive, its power is slowly draining away into oblivion. The weather is growing wild and unpredictable, the animals are restless, and in some places humanity is crumbling to discord. So in a dying cry for help, the Tree released its energies throughout the planet of Erith, where some of them would connect with an individual chosen to seek out the Witness. Those left without someone to wield the element's power wander the planet to be found by the holder of another power, but all of the elements are needed for balance to be restored to the land. Yet, even if they were all reunited, only the power of the Witness can avert the threatening fate of universe.

Spoiler: Erith 

Rules
    1. This isn't a mature thread, so please keep it appropriate! No more than some minor swears, okay?
    2. Listen to the GM. I think this is a given, as this is my RP.
    3. Even so, if you have a problem or need help with something, feel free to talk to me via OOC or PMs. I try to be a merciful goddess. P.S. Please don't take that seriously. Although I can't change everything to fit your expectations, there's always the possibility of being able to talk about it.
    4. I doubt this needs to be said, but play nice. We're all people and should be given the same respect we expect from each other.
    5. Make posts that are at least a paragraph long, and use third person. Also I'd like it if you have a pretty good grasp at grammar with your writing.
    6. If you're actually reading the rules, add "Slay the dragon" to your character post.
    7. I don't want this story to be filled with elemental stereotypes (i.e. a hotheaded fire user, a selfless light user...) so I might suggest a few alternatives through PMs if possible. A few whose personalities match the element will be accepted, but some creativity would be nice in an rp that builds off of tropes without fitting them to a T.

Taken Elements
    Spring
    Flora: Scapegrace - Aluel
    Fauna: DizzyMaelstrom! - Dante

Summer
    Fire: jamesbob - Skye
    Vapor: austin - Brennan

Autumn
    Electricity: HazeyWazey - Zachary

Winter
    Ice: GoldenMyth - Tyl

Humanity
    Heart: GoldenMyth - Karia
    Blood: Megilwen - Sophia
    Mind: Avalon Hoef - Firminus

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: My Characters 

Final Note! Thanks to Pied Piper for helping me build this idea, along with a bunch of other things that I'll put into future RPs!

IC : https://role-player.net/forum/showthr...06#post2468706
    Last edited by GoldenMyth; 04-17-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Wow, this looks good so far Golden! I think it's a fantastic idea. Was it at all (slightly) influenced by Cameron's Avatar movie? Good luck!

In the meantime, here's some helpful tips and links for you to get your RP going.

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread for what better way to advertise than have your RP featured EVERYWHERE? If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop! Talking from personal experience, that is the coolest place

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM or send me a VM! Happy RPing!

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Edit: DANG LOOKIT THAT

This thread is so popular two mods tried to post their intros. Alas, Bregs beat me to it.

Little ball of fire
    Fantasy, Mature, Private....Unless you dare to get me curious...
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hehe, finally! *disappears from thread and off topic posts*

I'm up for just about anything except for most sci-fi and anything sexually mature.
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Pfft-thanks, both of you! And I've actually never seen the Avatar movie. If there are any connections then it's definitely coincidence.
    Spoiler: Links 
    Spoiler: RPG Role 

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sounds cool. Can I ask what your idea for blood is? Their abilities I guess? I'm leaning between Fauna or Blood.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes, I was hoping for interest in those!

Blood is an interesting one I chose to add. In the past I was assigned blood in an elemental thread simply because my kid was deathly afraid of anything related to injuries, so back then I thought through enough to allow creativity without making the user overpowered.
    Oh, but I'm rambling now... It's basically just what it sounds like-blood manipulation-but with rules. Only blood out in the open or able to be drawn out via wounds or the like can be utilized. So the user can't simply drain a person of blood; the person would have to have a cut or a stab injury first. The user can also make an opening on themselves to take some of their own blood. Blood can be hardened, moved, shaped, etc. It can even be used for healing and closing inflicted injuries that involve blood. Again, creativity is greatly supported!

The elements under the Humanity section are possibly the most complex, so if you're up for a challenge I'd say go for it. If not, then Fauna is fantastic as well. GM is very biased since she has a fiery passion for animals.
    Spoiler: Links 
    Spoiler: RPG Role 

second star to the right and straight on til morning
    Fantasy,
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

This looks awesome. One question though could a character have more then one element/ability?

Follow me on Twitter @KoolKatAlly

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So it sounds kind of like the way blood works in Deadman Wonderland. Not sure if you've seen that or not. Either way it sounds interesting and I'm always up for a challenge. So I'll look over making a character sheet for the Blood one then, as much as I too love animals and so was drawn to Fauna because of that.

Dark Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Awwww someone already called Blood -pout-
    "Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me." ~Sith Code

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast