Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Dark Forest of Timeless Light IC

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-fi and Romance
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default The Dark Forest of Timeless Light IC

The skies are clear a gentle summer breeze is rolling through the city of Gaia market stands are out in number it has been ambiguous weather recently but today is clear and the local markets are out in number casteless merchants have even been permitted to sell their goods, the locals in high spirits are selling foods and equipment. To the eastern gate a large cart is being prepared, today is the day where an expedition to an ancient, newly discovered ruin starts, as it was recently discovered, the king has made arrangements so that it is investigated discreetly after having no word from the ruins in months a commander who is respected by the public will be sent to investigate, the nobility agreed hastily to choosing Zax'etinuzak the "casteless knight" to lead it he was permitted to bring a small group with him but only those who volunteer will be permitted to go.

Zax wakes up and rolls out of bed does his daily routine and get's changed into his armour as he begins eating his breakfast one of his sisters her black hair and emerald eyes glaring at zax, she sit's opposite him lamenting about why she can't go

"They said anyone who volunteers RIGHT!? so then sign me up!"

Zax shakes his head

"I told you, if you come with me then there won't be anyone else to continue my duties"

she continues ignoring his response

"it's unfair, you know there probably isn't even a ruin to explore-"

her eyes widened then she stood up and slammed her hands on the table

"WHAT IF IT'S A PLOT BY THE NOBLE'S TO GET YOU KILLED!!" she yelled

Zax looked at her

"Even if it was it's an order from the king himself, if i refused i might as well quit being a knight"

she opened her mouth to protest

"BUT!-"

"But it's not a scheme and even if it was someone would still need to look after the knights who serve us, most of them are casteless and without someone high up for them to rely on the nobles will find a way to blackmail them out of knighthood"

she sat back down and continued eating her breakfast zax then said in a more light hearted tone

"besides how could i let my cute little sister head into a dangerous unknown part of the country, i wouldn't forgive myself if the worst happened"

she looked away and mumbled slightly red "flattery get's you no where and i'm not that little i'm only three years younger than you y'know"

Zax laughed

"mayby but at least i brushed my hair"

she then looks back in shock then looks at her hair which was still in it's bed hair state she darted off to her room yelling

"Why didn't you tell me!"

"because it suits you!"

he yelled back

after finishing his meal he left it in the sink a grabbed his gear as he stood at the door she approached him offering a wooden box her face turned away

"what's this ?" he asked

She spoke "d-don't take it the wrong way it's just something i made for you"

he took the box and opened it inside were numerous variety of biscuits and other sweets with berries in them he picked up one with a cherry sticking out of it

"you made each of these ?"

she nodded her face a little red

"one of the knights knows how to cook so i asked her to teach me..."

as she was talking he popped one into his mouth and ate it she looked up

"wha- you idiot! if you eat them now then you won't have any left for the trip!"

she said hastily realising he had already eaten several

he smiled

"sorry, they're so good i couldn't help myself" he chuckled

she looked down at her feet he hugged her and said

"don't worry...i'll be careful,i wouldn't let a few beasts beat me" he said reassuringly

she hugged him back saying "You're an idiot...just don't die...okay?"

he broke their hold then he closed the box and strapped the small box to his side

"i promise Serena"

as he left the small house she followed until the town square where they parted ways Zax went to the wagon it had been loaded up by the townsfolk who knew him he stood waiting by the carriage with a check board, he had distributed posters advertising the journey the only text reading

"join an adventure to explore the east! :forests, mountains, monsters, money and more enlist at the east gate today only"

Zax reviewed the poster and sighed no-one had shown up at all

"that's the last time i let the barracks do the poster" he said checking the supplies were all accounted for
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 02-04-2015 at 03:07 AM.
    The Stars are the Path I Follow the Moon the Light that Guides me

Postapocalyptia, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, General Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Departing from his inn room, a last-ditch effort to sleep after a long night of study for the rigorous perfection of his arcane marbles, Koail runs his hands through and over his well-kept bags and satchels lining his belt and rucksack. His mind racing to cover a somewhat simple list of belongings.

'Reagents, Reagents, marbles, Caestus, Catalyst, Wand, pants-'

All were checked off as the list was run through.

'How exciting!' He thought, his heart pounding. A brisk walk quickly became a run, which evolved into him just sprinting down the streets of Gaia, the itch for adventure becoming an absolute [I]boil[I] under his naturally accute elvish emotional perceptions.

The cart appears on the edge of Koail's vision, adrenaline surges. Dust, yard birds, and even the loose clothing of pedestrians are kicked up in the wake of the young elf's sprint into the beginning of his new life- a life of Fortune, Glory, and Power and recognition for the Master Envoker he is destined to become!

"Don't leave without me!" He nearly shrieks to a speed-blurred perception of the only man near the cart, "I'm here, I'm here!"

Koail's heart suddenly skips, his arms flailing in a pitiful attempt to reduce his momentum towards the man. This may end in bruises.

WHUMP TUMBLE CRASH
    Vereor Nox
    Nocturna Metu Quia Tegit Ipsos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zax turned at the shouting elf he stared for a moment as if lost in a daze his brain then told him in a calming voice

"that elf is getting closer"

but before the message is received he feels a tremendous weight lift from his shoulders and feels as though his spirit left his body as he smashes onto the floor rolling past the cart till ball of dust settled, still clutching the check board in a state of shock he blinked seeing the elf next to him he muttered the first words that came to mind

"...Hi..."

he dusted himself off and helped the energetic elf to his feet he wasn't expecting the posters to work, he thought that next time he was in the barracks he should reward the knights for their posters he shifted back to reality and extended his hand

"umm... a pleasure to meet you are you here about the expedition, I'm Zax'etinuzak Commander of the Casteless Knights" he said not knowing how the elf would respond he thought pleasantries was as good as start as any, he kept an eye out for anyone else who might appear he would not be caught off guard twice in one day
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 02-04-2015 at 04:11 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Koail stands up, panting tremendously as he realizes the error his excitement wrought, and the strain of it as well. He dusts himself off as well, turning to face this man- "Er... might I just call you Zax?" He extends his well-kept elvish hand open, in a makeshift handshake, apparently unfamiliar with the gesture.

Onve his lithe elven fingers are locked int the human's stout grip, Koail speaks with only a mild air of nobility, "I am Rho-Shell Kaoil Malanorae Normandicoraia. You may call me Koail," A warm smile is flashed from one to the other. "I have come to join your... Caravan. To lend my services as a Mage, craftsmen, and in difficult circumstances, Healer."
    Vereor Nox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zax chuckled

"Zax is fine" he said he picked up a few things that he had dropped and continued to load supplies onto the caraven

"so why did you decide to join the journey, if you don't mind my asking, not that the help isn't appreciated"

Zax loaded a few crates of supplies the day had just begun and he couldn't believe he was leaving the city he had been out a few times but this journey would be the longest time outside the walls he stopped loading boxes and opened a map he plotted a safe route off the main road to keep the caravan discreet

"as long as we stick to this route we should encounter minimal resistance" he thought to himself and folded the map away he was planning carefully Serena's words echoed in his head

"just...don't die...okay ?"

he smiled then mumbled to himself looking up "I won't" his eyes drifted to the elf "hey help me load up a few crates we're almost ready to leave after that we just need to wait and see if any one else shows up" he said getting back to work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not wanting to seem like a weakling, Koail wraps his arms around one of the larger remaining crates and struggles to lift it onto the cart. His face turns red, and between laboured breaths he grunts out a few words-

"W-why? It... *huff* It's too cold in the north... *huff* Northlands for... *huff* for me!" With a final THUMP, the crate is heaved onto the cart, leaving Koail panting, and out of breath.
    "I've got a... *huff* A question for YOU." He stares up at the larger man, still flushed, "Where exactly are we going? To be honest... I can't read Common. I can only speak it."
    Vereor Nox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Zax laughed "no worries, we won't be doing too much reading when we're going" zax pointed to the eastern gate

"we're going to investigate some ruins far to the east, and then after the investigation is complete report to the king for reward, simple right" zax said Picking up the checkboard and ticking off what was accounted for, he smiled at the elf who just lifted a crate of bread with difficulty Zax lifted two medium boxes off the ground and pushed them in to the back of the cart

" i don't know how long we'll be gone for but at least a few weeks, i'm assuming you've said your goodbye's to whomever"

he pushed the boxes around like a slider puzzle till they were in the optimal arrangement to be secure and distribute the weight evenly the cart itself was large enought to hold six people itself looked rather like a box on wheels except it had a rain coverage arching over the top in case turbulent weather they could sleep in the cart with plenty of room

"i've got to hand it to the Carpenter Caste they know how to make one sturdy cart" he said patting the sides
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 02-04-2015 at 10:49 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The appearance of solemnity washes over the elf, simultaneous with quiet contemplation over the structural stability and potential durability of this simple wooden cart. A cart very dissimilar to the ornate carriages of his hometown.

"Goodbyes... Nope... None of those left..."

He looks back up at Zax, "Yes. Yes they do. But sturdier than any I've ever seen of elvish make... How many more are we expecting along on this trip?"
    Vereor Nox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"i see" he said then he rubs his chin and hold his elbow pondering

"well truth be told i have no idea, only those who volunteer for this can come along, i figured we'd wait until the afternoon and if no-one else shows up then we take off at midnight, i was insisted to leave today, i wonder..." he stared off into the sky lost in thought

he shook his head and said "Regardless until midnight i can't leave so now we play the waiting game"

Zax sat down on box and had a stool next to him he faced down the street awaiting to see if anyone else would turn up, now he just had to wait
    Last edited by Zakari Kazunite; 02-05-2015 at 12:16 AM.

Fantasy and just about everything else
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Cole steps off the Exclaimer, the ship he has worked on for the past few months, and meets his friend Rodan at the nearby shop. He looks at the flier he had picked off the ground just the other day. Rodan stood just in front of a wooden counter waiting for whatever he had ordered. "Hey Rodan I am off to the east gate... I guess I won't see you until next year right?"

Rodan turns to Cole, "Yep and when I come back I want to hear of your adventures and see your riches" Rodan laughs for a minute and continues, "And here take these" he hands Cole a quill, an inkwell, and a journal that is leather bound and burned with an insignia he hasn't seen in ages.

Cole glares at Rodan, "I told you to throw this overboard with the trash when i got on the boat!"

Rodan looks at Cole, "You and I both know you don't need that journal to remember.... and Sera would want you to have it and to continue using it."

Cole slightly angered by Rodan notices that he is late, "... fine but i can't make any promises about riches." Cole says as he sprints out the door.

Cole panting for breath finally sees the eastern gate. he notices that there is only one cart in the whole area. "That must be it" Cole thought. He got closer and noticed that there was only two people for the whole trip. They were already packed and moving toward the gate. Cole waves and yells out to the two, "Hey! wait up!"

-Cole Derpius
    Paladin of Ilmater

Page 1 of 26 123 ... LastLast