Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast

Thread: The Guardians of the Shadows [M] NnightStalker and Tortesstheshark

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    anything that is fantasy related
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rylouth closed his eyes and when he reopened them, they were a deep shade of purple. He stood up. " She is indeed a girl and she is a better warrior than any of these damn recruits. Hell she is better than the knight commander and you know why? Because she has potential to be a damn guardian. You on the other hand. Well due to your interference in a test that is considered one of the most honorable things to get to take, dishonor on you, dishonor on your cow, dishonor on your whole damn family. Until the day I die, no one with direct relation to you can ever be a guardian. Now leave me and inform the knight commander that I choose this 'girl' to be the next guardian out of the whole lot." With that Rylouth sat back down, anger radiating off of him as his eyes were still purple, teeming with shadow magick.

pretty much fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kayden and the boy sat wide eyed at Rylouth for a moment taking in everything that he had just said. The boy tried to protest but gave up mid word remembering the frightening purple eyes from the Guardian. He stood, spat in Kayden's direction once more, and walked over to the knight commander. "You're Guardian has chosen," he said and pointed over to where Kayden sat, "the new Guardian recruit is that... girl." His voice had a fire in it that made everyone aware that he was angry. He stormed off out of the gates, and after he was out of sight was caught by a wrenching sob that stopped him

The recruits were slowly starting to gather around where Kayden and Rylouth sat, most in awe that he had chosen her without getting to the last test. Kayden was unsure of what to do at this point so she stood and stretched her legs, when she was finished she sat back down and let her unruly red hair out of its tie. She shook her head to make sure that it was all even around her face one eye hidden behind some of it, the other could be seen perfectly. She continued to stay silent unsure of what to say, she had never heard of a woman in the Guardians but she was also sure that she wasn't the first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Rylouth stands up and looks at the new recruit. "Tomorrow morning we shall leave at first light to begin our journey to the Shadow Fortress. I would suggest going home and saying you're goodbyes, for they may be the last time you ever see your family. When you are done, you may either stay there or come to the castle and stay in the embassy that is built for the Guardians. Just know that I am leaving with or without you tomorrow morning as soon as the sun peaks over the horizon." With that Rylouth bowed and left heading for the embassy to go meditate and think. After that he would probably cast a communication spell in order to communicate with the Guardians at the Fortress in order to determine who would be her teacher.

pretty much fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kayden simply nodded unsure of what else to do, she started to walk towards the gate. Soon after she got out of the gate she started to run, she ran faster and faster until she was finally home. She burst through the door to find her gran sitting in a rocking chair facing away from Kayden. "How did it go?" Her gran asked quietly. As Kayden came around to look at her gran to see her sewing something strange. "What is that Gran?" Kayden picked up an end of it as she spoke and her gran laughed, "it's going to be an outfit for the neighbors child. She's having a boy you know. Now tell me girl, are you a knight?" "Even better Gran," Kayden said excitedly, "I'm going to be trained by the Guardians themselves." Kayden's gran stopped knitting quickly and looked up amazed. "The Guardians," she whispered tentatively, "they're a myth and legend all in one." Kayden's gran stood feebly and hugged her gran daughter tightly. "This means we may never see each other again young one, but I am very proud of you. I will always be proud of you."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Calvin had been waiting for Kayden to get home, he knew that she was going to try out to be a knight today and he had faith that she would get picked. When he saw her get home, she could see that she was excited. He walked to the door and just walked into the house which was normal between the two families since Kayden and Calvin had been friends for so long. "Kayden! Did you succeed? Do you get to be a knight?!" He asked excitedly, he had plan to ask her out as a way to celebrate her being chosen to become a knight. After all even though they had been friends for a long time, Calvin has liked her for just about as long as he has known her. Some would call it love at first sight and Calvin definitely agreed with those people.

pretty much fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kayden turned from her hug with her gran to see her friend Calvin standing there. She hurried over to him and hugged him tightly, "I'm a guardian recruit Calvin," she said excitedly. "I leave tomorrow at dawn to travel and be trained. Wait right here I have to go pack," she let him go and ran upstairs. She grabbed a backpack that she had been saving for something like this. It was the one her father used to take on his long trips to only he knew where. She treasured that backpack almost more than her own mother, though her mother had been no where in sight when Kayden came home. It was normal for her mother to be wandering around the house with an expressionless face, but she wanted to say goodbye to her anyway. Kayden sat on her makeshift bed when it finally hit her that she may not return to her home, see her gran again, or her mother. She looked out her window to see Calvins house next to hers, "or Calvin," she whispered to herself. Kayden quickly became upset but didn't show it as she walked back down the steps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Calvin saw her come back down stairs and he was personally completely deflated. After all he himself didn't really like the Guardians, it was supposed to be a big honor and what not. But the people that were selected never came back and most of the time were never seen or even heard of again. Kind of as if they died, and he personally didn't want to think that about Kayden. His only thought was maybe if he asked her out, she would decide to stay and be trained as a knight instead. However he knew his chances of this were pretty slim since she probably had no interest in him at all. At least not like he did, he could imagine spending the rest of his life with her and well he wanted too.

pretty much fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kayden stopped in between Calvin and her gran. "Gran," Kayden asked, "where is mother?" Her gran pointed to the kitchen where if one were to listen close enough crying could be heard. Kayden sighed, "mother," she called, "come give me a kiss goodbye." Kayden's mother walked in with a tear streaked face and a dress that looked like it hadn't been washed in days. Kayden sighed as her mother kissed her on the cheek and walked out of the small house. A tear ran down Kayden's face and she turned to Calvin, "don't look so sad Calvin," she whispered and placed a hand on his cheek. "It's a great honor, and I get to keep my promise." Calvin was the only one she had told about the promise she had made to her father, it was their secret as he was the only one she trusted with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"What kind of honor is it though to be taken away from your loved ones only to be trained to keep the peace. Especially when your country is the strongest country out there. I mean they're the ones that stopped us from getting twice as big. We could have taken over the mers but the guardians stopped us. Besides what do you think you're going to get out of becoming a guardian?" He asked looking at her seriously wondering why she was even considering being a guardian in the first place.

pretty much fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Kayden looked at Calvin hard, "what am I going to get out of being a Guardian? Oh I don't know, the highest honor, what I really thought I was going to get was respect from my peers but that thought has all but disappeared from my mind." Kayden pushed past Calvin angrily and stood in the doorway. "It's nice to know that my best friend in the entire existence doesn't support my decision," she practically spat. With that she walked out the door, determined to make it to the embassy before nightfall. She didn't realize she was singing until she saw people start to follow her, and then she stopped until she was clear of people. Once she started singing again it helped her calm down exceedingly fast, "slowly but surely papa, slowly but surely," she whispered to herself.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 123452 ... LastLast