Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Reality Bites [M - OOC]

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Default Reality Bites [M - OOC]

Rated M for adult themes including but not limited to violence, blood, gore, naughty words, general mayhem and maybe even a little romance; if anybody survives long enough.
    IC

Reality Bites
    A true-to-life zombie apocalypse rp.

We've all thought about it, in different degrees of seriousness, at least once. Personally, I've probably spent more time than is sensible devising different game plans - just in case.
    The tale of the Zombie Apocalypse is a well-known and often told one, and who can honestly say they've never considered how they might fare were they to actually find themselves in the midst of an all-out apocalypse.

It'll never happen... probably. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared, right?

So what would happen? Not to the soldiers, the scientists, the surgeons. The poker-faced, bad-ass and beautiful ex-con who also just so happens to be a black belt in an obscure form of Martial Arts and not too shabby with a crossbow. This story will follow the bankers, single mums and that thirty-five year old next door who still lives with his parents, playing Call of Duty all day.

Our story begins on an average day in their average lives, right before the beginning of the end. Will they fortify themselves in a camp locally? Forage for supplies before setting off for a major city? Hack a radio to get in contact with the government?

Probably not - they're a little busy trying not to die.

The Plot

In case it wasn't clear above, this roleplay will follow the terrifying 'adventures' of a bunch of every day people as they try to survive the onslaught of the living dead. If you love to play a gun-slinging human weapon, this is not the roleplay for you!

One thing should be made clear, before we begin. Not everyone will survive this rp. There will be injuries, and deaths, and whether or not your character survives is entirely up to their choices IC.

If your character is killed, you will be allowed the opportunity to make another. As I feel it is essential to completing a roleplay from start to finish, there will be a structured sequence of events. However, as I also feel it is important for players to help drive an rp, there are several different ways this story could play out.

The Setting

Surfers Paradise.

A popular tourist destination on the East Coast of Australia, the growing city is a mixture of skyscrapers, resorts and shopping centres in it's heart, and suburban-bliss style permanent residences and corner stores as you travel toward it's sprawling outskirts. The coastal highway that runs through the city, as well as the appeal of it's picturesque beaches and active nightlife, give it a bustling, crowded atmosphere at most any time of day.

Notable Places
    to be added upon discovery.

The Nitty-Gritty

Spoiler: Rules 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

The Survivors

Isobel Warren by G
    Items/Equipment:
    One school backpack, containing stationary and a packed lunch.
    Injuries: Scratches on back; minor, from fence posts.

Angelica Hammer by G
    Items/Equipment: -
    Injuries: None.

River Moonbeam by G
    Items/Equipment: -
    Injuries:
    None.

Raymond 'Dragon' Gareth
    Deceased

Bearnard Sgèin by Avalon Hoef
    Items/Equipment:
    Mobile Phone // Wallet

Collin "Kerry" Mcarrin by Heir of Void
    Items/Equipment:
    Philips head screwdriver // 2 x rubber industrial glove // needle-nosed pliers w/wire cutting notch // electrical and gaffer tape // cell phone // permanent marker // hair ties // yellow notepad
    Injuries:
    None.

Jenny White by Naraness
    Items/Equipment:
    Mobile Phone // Keys // Chapstick // Wallet // Small amount bagels and bottled water.
    Injuries:
    None.

Hiroyuki "Hiro" Elm
    by Naraness
    Items/Equipment:
    (5)Bandaids // Antibiotic Cream // Compass // Whistle // Swiss army knife // (1) Fruit Roll-up.
    Injuries:
    None.

Jordan Reynolds by Sonic
    Items/Equipment:
    PS3 Wireless Controller
    Injuries:
    None.

Trey Jones by Jevan
    Items/Equipment: Flashlight // Radio // Pepper spray.
    Injuries:
    None.

Kiira Casdel
    by CryoStorm013
    Items/Equipment:
    Three pens // A small brown notebook // Wallet // Phone // A can of mace // A bottle of water.

Rohan "Ron" Williams by Juicesir
    Items/Equipment: Handgun // Cane // Watch // Wedding Ring // (1) Pack Cigarettes

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Spoiler: Isobel Warren 

Spoiler: Angelica Hammer 

Spoiler: River Moonbeam. 

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Dark Fantasy, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Fanfic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

My interest is peaked, let me get a character up

EDIT: Oh, and what the hell is this Purgament thing!?
    Last edited by Dr. Insano; 03-20-2015 at 03:11 PM.

Fantasy; Sci-fi; Dark Fantasy; Adventure; Mature;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Looks cool... So, all melee?

Oh and Purgament is the furken Royal Rumble!!! Whoo~!!
    "May the great Twelve have mercy on us all," - Marius, Inquisitor of the Crown

Spoiler: Random stuff 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sound fun lol

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rahz View Post
    Looks cool... So, all melee?
    Not necessarily, guns are still available and owned in Australia though not as prevalent as in the states, but unless it's well justified nobody would be starting with one. Whether they would know how to use it once they got their hands on it would depend on the character. I like the idea of the added challenge of roleplaying the difficulties of learning to survive, rather than being well-equipped beforehand.

EDIT: Oh, and what the hell is this Purgament thing!?
    A very exciting and special event coming very soon! Keep your eyes pealed, it's going to be epic!

Looking forward to seeing your character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have a question. I'm almost done with my character but I'm stuck on equipment. I was thinking of making the cosplay/gamer that's been paranoid for everything that goes bump in the night (vampires, zombies, werewolves, etc.) This would also mean that he has props such as swords, fake guns, and all the little things. I personally have a sword that has blunt edges but has a sharp point (of which I've personally felt). Is the equipment was they carry on them at all times or what they have available on them?

Fantasy, realistic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Raymond "Dragon" Gareth

Appearance: Raymond is tall (about 6'2) and slightly heavy-set, with dark curly hair, a bit of scruff. He is African-American. When not working and in his uniform, he usually is wearing a simple collared shirt and jeans. He has a smiling, good-looking face and can light up a room just by smiling or laughing; "Life of the party" type.

Personality: A family-man, Raymond is affable, a good friend. He is an avid Dungeons and Dragons fan, and gets together with his friends on Friday nights to play. (It's where he gets his nickname "Dragon") He has two young daughters and a wife, protecting them was his first thought when he heard about the zombies. (The family members may be characters briefly, but I don't think they'll have CS's) He collects comic books, but also is very smart and went to an IV league school. (I'm thinking maybe Dartmouth)

Items/Equipment: None
    Never, Never, NEVER Give up.
    -Winston Churchill

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Count me in!
    Last edited by Sear; 03-20-2015 at 06:05 PM. Reason: i do not know how to spell correctly XD

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast