Page 249 of 309 FirstFirst ... 199247248249250251299 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 3084

Thread: [M] IC. Through the ages. {Dark Pigeon & ScottishGal}

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

A smile creeped up on Iunas lips as she listened to her sister speak. Sister, yes.. No matter how much she hated Jada she was her sisters. In times long past they had gotten along fine, only after Iuna's sire had died she had grown bitter.. so very bitter. She had kicked against so many legs, burned every single bridge, breaking every single friendship. Still Ciara had taken care of her, still the older woman had cared enough about Iuna to take her into her house and help her through those last years she had to have a sire. No matter how much Iuna hated Jada, she hated the others so much more. How they kept pushing towards the very idea of ending the live of Lily. How these animals wanted to see blood because they had not been killing any fledglings as a punishment for such a long time. So, for the very first time in years.. decades.. Jada saw a smile of approval on the face of Iuna.. not one of utter disgust. "I agree with my... sister.." Iuna said as she rested her head on her hand, seeming so very bored with the rest of them around her. "Not all of us can proudly walk around with a power that makes it able for them to breath under water Thomson.. Fish can do that as well" She said, her smile spreading as she watched the man angrily look away. Yes, his power was a simple one, but at least he could breath under water. "And you Selen, still having sheep follow you wherever you go? Shepard's must be so very jealous of you.." The young woman looked away, damned! Why did they have to be stuck in a room with Jada, Nicklas, Tanaris.. and that BITCH Iuna. "Make me a sweater will you, this North is getting cold." Iuna said with a snide tone.

She looked over at Lily and coughed. "Punishment is needed..." She said "Like the pale one I am sure, no socks while sleeping I presume?" One of the more daring vampires said "Call us when you finally find out what your Fledglings powers are..." Iuna said calmly in a respond to the older man with the curly blond hair. He snorted, one should not go against Iuna.. you always got it kicked right back in your face. Ciara wished she could just.. just let the world swallow her already! Jada was a pain, Iuna was just the same. They were so much alike, why the fuck did they not get along? She looked over at Xiao Mei, at least she always did what told.. and lord, how horrible the girl felt when she did something she was not allowed to do... She had nearly dropped herself on a stake for stealing a cookie (Which Jada had told her to do... poor Ciara had suffered because of her Fledglings) "if we stake her, she will only get stuck in her mind again. We can not do anything that will stop her powers in any sort of way. It will only worsen the case, she needs to learn.. and she needs to learn fast. I agree that she needs a .. figurative beating so to say, for being a pain in the ass. But experience has thought us well... that this simply does not work. Other wise I, Jada, Nicklas, and Tanaris would be such good little dogs.

Iuna brushed her fingers through her hair and looked Lily over. "What to do.. what to do.." She said as she leaned her head the other way. "Any suggestions Lily, seeing that you clearly know everything better than the rest of us. What would you do to a fledglings quite like yourself?" She asked.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Willing to give everything a try
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Lily would have been happy with just Jada speaking on her behalf. But no. Here came Iuna. Unable to allow her sister the sole attention any longer. Jada rolled her eyes and moved back to her seat. Not before giving her mother a wink. Ciara raised her gaze to her two daughters and was ready to ring their necks. Slowly the woman raised herself to her feet as Iuna got closer to Lily. Tilting her head at the younger vampire and waiting for an answer. Lily raised her eyes and fixed them on Iuna. Before Lily could even open her mouth, Ciara spoke for her. "Elder Iuna that is enough. Sit down." Her eyes harsh on Iuna and Jada. "This is not your stage." Ciara waited until Iuna returned to her seat and moved around her table towards Lily. "I have made my judgement. What you called me here for was a farce." She already heard the small murmurs starting. "Many of you have dangerous fledglings. If a council meeting was called every time one screamed, I would never sleep." She stopped just shy of Lily and resting both hands in front of her on her cane.

"Lilith has been before this council before. Back before her true sire was an Elder and after. I do not want to see her here again until her 100th year. Punishment of staking or draining would not suit the creature. You say she speaks out too much. That she barks back to orders and does not agree with them. While a leash is too harsh. I suggest a punishment once used upon another who could not hold their tongue." Ciara glanced at Iuna and then Jada. "Close her mouth. Sew her lips shut for two months. She has fed from an elder. She will be fine for that and if needed, I will allow her sire to feed her. Maybe the time without her voice will teach her a lesson or two." Ciara turned before Lily to speak to her before the elders could speak out. "You are not to use your powers unless instructed by your Sire. That means no speaking to your fellow fledglings through thoughts or memories. At our next meeting. I will have the truth forced out of you and for every attempt at trying to communicate. I will add another day on. Do you understand?" Lily blinked rapidly before nodding. Her hands already starting to stake in their grip.

"You will stay with Nicklas. Unless he feels that he cannot cope with you or wishes you to return to Taranis. After this, I want you to follow Seran to Jaron and the next I see you, I want crimson thread through your lips. I don't want anymore snarky responses or opinions I do not need to hear. You are no elder. You are a child, a fledgling. You will remain silent for two months. Do you understand?" Lily nodded again but fear was clear across her face. "Nicklas. What say you? Do you wish to keep this fledgling?" Ciara turned her gaze to Nicklas as Taranis sat shell shocked at the punishment.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nicklas listened to Ciara, his heart beating a mile a minute as he knew that she had come up with a punishment. He was quite shocked to her what Ciara had come up with, sewing her mouth shut for two months! He knew that she would be more of a pain in the ass than she normally was. She would find a way to show them how displeased she was, dear lord.. she would try to kill him with looks alone. He had to talk to Christopher before Christopher was to see Lily. Otherwise he would have two fledglings with their mouths sewed shut. As Ciara asked him if he still wished to care for Lily he nodded. He knew that Tanaris was not ready to take her back. And if he was, they could do so after these two months. But she could stay with Christopher this way, seeing that they could not separate his Fledglings... he was certain she needed that blond idiot now more than ever. Ciara's eyebrow rose, as she wanted an answer that was more than just a nod. "She can stay" he said as he looked at his frightened young Fledgling.

Iuna had barely moved her head as she nodded, she and Jada were to do this.. of course Ciara was not to do this herself. She could not help but to see some of the other elders felt very comfortable with this punishment. Animals, truly.. they just loved the idea to shut this girls up. It gave them some hope that they could bring punishment to those who deserved it.. they could at least mention Emma again.. and not let Iuna decide what to do to her most loved Fledgling. Ciara let her shoulders drop and slowly nodded. they had gotten this out of the way.. but there was a lot more to be discussed. "Take her now, do as instructed. Everyone leaves and comes back later" She said before turning her gaze towards Nicklas. "Except for you Nicklas" she said as she watched the man already getting out of his chair. With the exeption of his friends, all elders smiled knowing that Nicklas was in trouble. They hoped he would be taken from the Counsel, which truly was in their favor. "Wipe those smiles of your faces, and get out." She said angrily as she was having enough of the behavior of all these elders.
    Sorry for the many mistakes, Im a little bit dyslectic. If there are to many mistakes it means my personal translator is having a live. So no worries they will be fixed.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Lily felt like all will to live floated away in that moment. Her lips would be sewn together, she wouldn't be able to feed, to talk, to kiss Christopher. She just wanted to hide away. The place Taranis took her in her youth, looked more and more appealing now. Taranis caught sight of his fledgling as Nicklas stated he would keep Lily. The two held each others gaze as everyone around them moved. "Ancient Ciara..." Taranis stumbled the words out as a few elders started to leave. They stopped and glanced back, perhaps if lucky they could see both brothers face punishment. Ciara was grumpy beyond belief now and turned back to glare at Taranis. "You cannot change my mind Elder Taranis." Taranis shook his head violently. "I do not aim to. I only ask that I may return the memories that Lily is missing so a repeat of today does not occur." Ciara narrowed her eyes, "I will give you ten minutes. Do so quickly and then the others will take her." Taranis nodded and gestured for Lily to move outside with him. Lily was frozen in her spot, not able to budge at all. Taranis grabbed her hand and yanked her through the doors. They had limited time together and he had much to give her back.

"Look at me." He said holding her still with both hands on her shoulders. "I am giving you back everything you have destroyed. That includes more than the rest of that night. Do not lose yourself in your mind because you cannot talk to another. Stay here, keep yourself awake. Promise me that I will not return for another one of these meetings." Lily nodded violently. "I..I promise." He raised a hand and glanced at Jada and Iuna. Both of whom had remained to take Lily to Jaron and Seran. He dragged his eyes away from them and rested his hand against her cheek. She leant into his touch and let him push memories into her mind. She closed her eyes and concentrated on stuffing them into places that she could see later. When she was not worried about the pain and punishment to come. She felt pain, fire, kindness, love, heard a baby's cry and her own screams. She kept her eyes closed though her nose and forehead started to scrunch from holding them back. When Taranis removed his hand from her face, he pressed a small kiss to her forehead. "I will come back Lilith. This is only temporary. Everything is temporary." He glanced at Jada and Jada tapped Lily's shoulder gently. Taking her by the wrist and leading her away from her sire.

------------------------------

Ciara rested back in her chair, her back hurting like nothing else. All ancients were present excluding Seran who had gone to complete Lily's task. His thoughts on what should happen to Nicklas had already been given to Ciara so his voice would still be heard. Karon rested his frail hands on the table before him and sighed. "Elder Nicklas, you have been brought before the ancient council for speaking out of turn, general rudeness to your elders and the outburst of your powers we saw." Ciara glanced around every member of the ancient's including Ruah who had snuck in and sat close to the door. "Punishment is needed, but I will tell you now Nicklas. I am not removing you from the Elder Council." She raised her chin up to see him and watched him carefully. "You were asked onto that council as you and many others are willing to see these problems and situations from the position of the fledglings. To speak out against a large group when their pigheadedness takes over. I will not remove you. But you are to be punished." Karon spoke next, "You have told us that you cannot look after that many fledglings without missing a problem..such as Lily's unravelling." Ciara sighed deeply before continuing. "I am gifting the temporary control of Adrian to Iuna. We have seen how her fledgling Emma calms when he is around. So until we see fit, Iuna is now Adrian's sire."

Karon touched Ciara's arm gently. "We wish to talk about Jesse. I want you to truly look after the girl. She is better in the company of a larger group. If you do not show progress with the girl in two months, I will take her from you as well. If this continues, all your fledglings will be taken away. Including Ansgar and Christopher. I will separate them all until you can show us you are fit to be a sire. Now, do not show me up again Nicklas." She raised a hand to give the other ancients a say. Incase any others would like to add another punishment to the list.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

"Not removing him from the Counsel meeting, truly is a punishment all on its own" Masud said lazily as his gaze was locket on Nicklas. He had draped himself over a chair and was drinking some lovely red wine, wile eating some cheese that he had found in the kitchen of Iuna's house. Even though he was rather frustrated with the lack of knowledge shared between every single Elder, he was able to keep his everlasting cool and calm. They were not working together, but against one and other, and that all on its own could cause a lot of trouble. "I wonder if taking away two fledglings will be a punishment, especially seeing that he does not seem to care about his given children as much as he does about his returned fledgling." h|He leaned forward, knowing fully well that Nicklas loved his quiet and calm. If he could never see any other vampire ever again, he thought that Nicklas would be rather okay with it. "I do not see any of this being significant enough punishment, and we still have to decide what to do to his youngest one Christopher. For he has one hell of a mouth on him, and he is not afraid to use it.

Nicklas said nothing, he did not even react as Masud stated that he did not care about his own fledglings. Of course he did! And he would mis Adrian as he would stay here. But he knew the effect Emma had on him, and he had on Emma. Those two needed one and other, and he was sure that under the care of Iuna he would be safe and sound. "Jessy is not easy to take care of. She has a mind of her own and does not seem to understand that hurting something isn't a good thing. I will do everything I can in my power to take good care of her. Despite everything, she seems willing to learn.. but for someone as intelligent as she is.. she seems to learn so very slowly" Nicklas said respectfully. He had thought about Jesse, and had come to the conclusion that she would be better of with Jada, the mistress of pain herself. "Be it as it may, you need to spend more time with her. We have noticed how she hangs around the fledglings of others more than her own brothers and sister. She needs to be with you, learn from you.. not them" Masud said a little bit frustrated, it was known to all that he had his eyes on Jesse ever since he had met her the very first time.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Ciara snapped her eyes to her younger brother and sighed deeply. As soon as he spoke, she knew this day would be twice as long. She let him ramble on, how he put on these air's and graces, but refused to take off the gloves that lay over his skin. Ciara listened to Nicklas carefully and nodded gently. She wanted the girl to succeed and not be killed as she was viewed as a threat. Masud mentioned something that caught her attention and Ciara turned her attention back to her brother. "I have warned you once before Masud." Her cold eyes on the man now. "Nicklas. Do as Masud says. Look after Jesse, make her feel like she part of the family. I think for the sakes of your children.....I am suggesting that you remain in the company of Elder Iuna. She will be able to help with Lilith and Jesse if their powers get the better of them. She is to return to the other North to find this woman....You and your family will accompany them." Ciara leant backwards. "Karon and I will come visit yourself within two months. If there is no progress, I am taking your children from you. I will place Jesse elsewhere and tear apart Lilith and Christopher. Ansgar will be sent away. Do you understand?"

She was waiting for a response from Nicklas when Donagh chuckled gently. "Oh how kind you have grown sister." Ciara snapped a glare to the old man and Donagh winked back at his sister. "Your suggestion then?" She asked him through gritted teeth. "Oh my suggestions were always passed off as too harsh. Suggesting the loss of a hand. Or all children ripped away from them immediately. Or a death of a fledgling." Ciara growled at the man, "You are correct. Your voice is not needed in this discussion." "Oh but it is sister." Donagh said gently. "I asked to speak with this one's fledgling and no one has answered me." Karon kept his attention on Nicklas and spoke over Donagh before Ciara snapped. "Nicklas. You will lose Adrian. You are requested to stay with Iuna at least for the next year. I think that, the fact you are forced to remain as part of this council and you are dealing with Lilith without a voice.....Is punishment enough?" He said with a small smirk as Ciara snapped her anger to her husband before raising to her feet. "I've had quite enough of everything. Donagh if you wish to speak to anyone, you must ask their sire. Do not demand it or so help....I will hurt you." She glared at the man before she patted Nicklas on the arm and shuffled from the room.

--------------------------------------------

Seran was within his room, Jaron rested against the wall as the man retrieved a small leather pouch. He had not touched these tools for years. It was an old punishment and normally reserved for those like August...those that needed to be shut up because of their powers. Lily tried to drag her feet but Jada had her by the arm. The woman spoke to her gently the entire walk. About how time would fly past. That she should not worry, Jaron will stop any pain. That if she ever needed to spend time away from anyone....and she glanced at Iuna.... that she should send word for her. Jada would come or request that they visit her home. Lily let every word go in but she couldn't pay attention to her surroundings. All she could try to do was dig her heels in.

Iuna opened the door and Jada pulled the girl in. Jaron rested his hands on her shoulders and calmed her down. She was glad that an old face was there. If Iuna had not been there...then she would be with another sort of family. Seran had been there in the backgrounds for so long. Jaron and Jada were from her youth, a family over the sea. A place of freedom and comfort when she wasn't in her home land. But here. Watching Seran heat up needles between his fingers. Feeling herself be planted down in a chair, she tried to stand up but Jaron held her in place. He was always stronger than her. Jada stroked her hair back from her face, "I promise. This will go quickly. Close your eyes Lilith." Seran patted her leg and moved closer. "Trust me. Close your eyes. You wont want to see this. Jaron will keep you pain free." She shut her eyes and curled her hands into fists as Jaron moved his hands to rest on her arms. Holding her in place. Lily felt the first tear escape her clenched shut eyes as the needle pushed through the flesh above her lips. The scorching heat wasn't the painful part....it was the tug that came when the needle passed through her lower lip.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Christopher was passing up and down his room as he did not know what was going on, or what was to happen to Lily. He was not there alone as Ansgar had taken it upon himself to make sure that Christopher was not getting in any sort of trouble. Mouse had accompanied them, but wasn't all that sure why she was there in the first place. She had her eyes set on the old rug on the floor, and tried to find out how many times Christopher had to pass up and down the room before holes would start to appear Christopher could feel everything that Jenny was feeling, and as she was feeling fear now he got more and more agitated. "I should go and see her" Christopher said as he stood before the door the 20st time that day. He had said that he had to leave so many times, and every single time Ansgar had told him not to do so. "She will only get into more trouble. Stay here brother.. she will be with you soon" Ansgar said kindly.. again. Christopher had his hand already on the doorknob and slowly let go as he nodded "You are right.. I should stay here.. I just need to be patient.. I can do that, being patient" he said.. again. He knew that Ansgar was right, he knew that he had to listen.. but he hated it nonetheless.

He felt something happen, fear. But this time it was different. Ansgar noticed the change in his brother and - again- got of the bed and walked over to his brother to make sure he was not to leave. "What is it?" He asked kindly as he wrapped his heavy arm around Christopher's neck "Jenny is afraid, but.. more. They are going to do something to her. I can feel it in my bones. I need to be with her!" he said as he wanted to walk to the door yet again. Ansgar pulled him with him the other way, and patted the man on his back "She will be alright, she's a tough one that girl! Soon you will be with her again, then you can ask her what had happened... but be careful brother. Do not make the elders thing you disagree with them. You are walking on thin ice yourself"

Nicklas was somewhat glad to hear that he was to stay with Iuna, at least he could be around Adrian. This meant that Lily did not need to leave her brother. It would all work out, he could handle Iuna all by himself. And if he could not, well.. he had his secret weapon and that was Ansgar. If anyone had befriended that woman, it was him! But do not ask how that ever came to be, as nobody would ever be able to understand. "I understand" Nicklas said, agreeing with everything that was said. He slowly turned his attention towards Donagh, he wanted to speak to Lily? Well.. bad.. fucking.. luck. "I have thought this over, and I am not feeling comfortable with my Fledgling coming near you. I would be ever so grateful if you were to keep your children away from mine. Especially the bear, I do not wish that man to come into the same building as Lily if that is at all possible. Seeing the history that they share" He said ever so respectfully. Kara chuckled, having someone as young as Nicklas tell Donagh he could not do something was just hilarious in her eyes. "Oh brother, already you have been making so many friends." She said with a big old smile spread across her face. Masud let out a little puff of air and got of his chair, he was done here.. he could leave now, and hopefully there was still some food left in Jada's kitchen. "The kettle calling the pot black" he muttered softly as he held open the door for Ciara so she could leave as well. "I hear she was making a stew, the one with chicken rolled in spices.. your favorite if I am not mistaken" he said to the older woman as he walked out of the room with her.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Another tug and the needle sliced through her upper lip. She had snapped her eyes open, tears dribbling down her cheeks as she watched Seran. Seran kept the needle at the right temperature so that it wouldn't be painful and the wounds would heal naturally and quickly. She dug her fingernails into the chair and Jada instructed her again. "Close your eyes Lilith." Lily couldn't, she could only shake gently and continue to cry. Jada sighed deeply and quick glance at Iuna, she rested her hand on Lily's shoulder. Pain flooded through ever fibre of her body and she felt her eyes grow blurry. Within seconds, she was slumped in the seat with Jaron holding her up. Seran scowled at Jada and the woman tensed her jaw. "Would you have been able to continue with her watching you?" Seran scowled but remained silent. Jaron moved so he could pick Lily up and place her in his lap. He held her tightly upright, allowing that soft painless feeling to flood through her. Seran made quick progress with the rest of the stitches. The thread was startling against her pale skin. The black thread piercing just above her upper and lower lip, not actually touching her lips but if she tried to open her mouth the criss cross stitches would force her mouth shut.

Donagh narrowed his eyes at the young vampire and crossed his arms over his chest. "I will wait until I can speak to her Nicklas. Even if it when she is removed from your rule.....And my fledgling merely wishes to speak to her. Something about the rules of their old land. Unfinished business and so on. He still holds her 'Clò Mòr'... I have no idea either, ask the girl yourself...or her old sire. But it is not something that can remain in the background for long. I wont come around the girl, nor will my fledglings. But this is not something that will just go away easily."

Donagh raised himself to his feet and stretched out his arms. "Good day siblings." He settled his eyes on Ruah and nodded before disappearing into the shadows behind. Ruah was next to leave, not a single word to the other siblings that remained but he was out the door in seconds. The sharp sound of flapping wings floating to those who concentrated. Karon was next to stand, shuffling his way past Nicklas. "I would suggest going to your fledglings. Inform Adrian of the move, Inform the others about what their sister will be like. It is not something that was imposed on you or Taranis from what I remember. It is not a pleasant punishment. You'll have met the full range of Liliths glare by the end of this." Karon uttered with a small smile as he patted Nicklas's arm. He left him to shuffle after his wife.

Jada had the entire kitchen smelling beautiful. A stew filled with rich spices and herbs, courtesy of Eiren who was glad to be back with his family. The room was filled with Jada's fledglings. Xiao Mei and Xiang Yu kept to themselves in the corner. Iuna's fledglings were welcomed in but Jada was doubtful many would turn up. Jaron was missing, remaining with Lily until she woke up. Seran was there as well. His eyes on the bowl before him, Morag was missing. Tending to her son but the room had a mixture of emotions floating through it. From extreme happiness to discomfort and shame.

All the RP's!
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Nicklas was not impressed with Donagh narrowing his eyes, he would not let this man ever think he feared him in any way. If anything, he wanted to be a giant pain in the ass towards Donagh. "Do not worry, sir." he said perfectly respectful with a slight hint of hatred towards the man. "She will not be taken from me, I will make sure of that." he boldlly told the man as he got of his seat and rose to his full length. At least he was taller than this man, and though he would never admit to it.. he loved it how Donagh had to look up to look Nicklas in his face. "She will decide herself when she is ready to deal with this.. great Cloth.." he smiled a big proud smile, yes he knew of this custom. His land had something kinda like it, though they used a piece of rope. ".. it can be dealt with as easy as we want it to, but I take it that you have some internal motivations. it is not coincidence that he had become your Fledgling." Nicklas said, who wanted to tell the man that it had been a piss poor choice, but he had to be careful. "When this wil be dealt with, I want it to be done fast and easy. She does not need to be around that man any longer than need be. I would be most grateful if this could be arranged as soon as Lily is feeling strong enough for it" He pulled his sleeves down and took a whiff of air and smiled as he smelled the wonderful stew brewing over a fire. "If you excuse me" he said, making a little bow before he left so he could talk with all his fledglings as to what had happened.

Christopher was his first stop, and as soon as he opened the door to the room of both Lily and Christopher. Nicklas was overrun by tree of his 6 children. "Calm yourselves and sit down. So I can explain everything that is going on." Christopher was horribly axious at that moment and could barely bring himself to sit down on the bed where Mouse and Ansgar had already gathered. Nicklas looked around the room first, not really knowing how he was to bring the bad news. He could see that Christopher was nearly bursting with anger and fear, how he was feeling the fear of Lily. And how his own anger overwhelmed him. "It wont be long now Christopher. She will be with you shortly" Nicklas said kindly as he sat down on a old dark wooden chair.

It took him a while to explain everything to them, and he took even more time to answer all their questions. Mouse was angry, they were hurting her friend and nobody could do so. Christopher agreed with Mouse, something that would not happen all that much, seeing that both did not seem to get along all that well at times. "She will be alright, and I expect from all of you to be at the best of your behavior. The sooner we are getting out of this place, the sooner the better." Nicklas had his eyes on Christopher the entire time, noticing all the small changes as he was feeling what Lily was. "Christopher, you are coming with me. We are getting Lily back, you will bring her here so you two can have some time alone." Christopher nodded, his heartbeat going a mile a minute as he knew that Lily was terrified. "Ansgar and Mouse, you will go to the kitchen and have something to eat. After that we are going to hunt. We all need some fresh blood." Both nodded and looked over at Christopher. "You will feed from me Christopher, for the time being I need you around Lily as much as possible. Only that way she will be able to survive the coming two months." Christopher nodded again as he was already walking towards the door. "Alright then" Nicklas said as he got of his chair and gestured for Ansgar and Mouse to follow as well.

The Scottish Fluff
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)

Jaron remained with her, trying to get a response from her. Even just a glance up to her. But nothing. She kept her eyes on her hands. She wanted to respond. She wanted to tell him that she was alright, but the first time she attempted pain shot through her body. Even just inching her lips open, snapped the strings into place. Restricting her from opening her mouth more than a sliver. She couldn't brush her hand against his arms and tell her she was okay. She could do nothing. Jaron sighed deeply and clambered onto the couch beside her, picking her up and cradling her against his chest. He didn't speak, he had an inkling now that it pained to hear him. He let the room slip into silence as he held her in place. Lily took a hold of the necklace that lay around his neck and twirled it between her fingertips. Feeling the coarse texture under her soft skin. Jaron brushed some of her hair back and let her rest in his lap as he fixed her hair up. Pulling the strands of dark curls away from her face, away from the healing wound. With every brush of his fingers, he sent a painless floating sensation through her limbs.

She nearly fell asleep. He knotted her hair in place and patted her shoulder gently to inform her that he was done. He had two mute siblings, one had their tongue ripped from their mouth in their human life and the other only spoke to Jada. Not able to speak before others yet. He knew how to communicate when words weren't possible. Jaron shuffled from the couch and stood before her, trying to get her attention up onto him. When she finally dragged her eyes up to see him, he would notice the blood shot whites of her eyes and the blues filled with tears. He held a hand up and with two fingers stretched up to the sky, he tapped over his heart twice. Lily frowned but Jaron did it again. Then he flicked his fingers through his hair and did the most perfect mocking impersonation of Christopher. Lily attempted to smirk but was reminded that even smiling would harm her. Jaron shook his head gently. "Two taps. Christopher." He demonstrated again and waited. Lily raised her hand and tapped her chest twice with two fingers. "Would you like me to..." He didn't get a chance to finish when she tapped her chest again. Jaron smiled and opened the door to leave. She was pain free for now and she wanted Christopher, he wasn't going to hold back an old friend from her love.

Jaron had barely turned the first corner from the room when he walked into Nicklas. He stumbled backwards and rubbed his neck in embarrassment. "Um...I..Lily wants to see Christopher. She is within Seran's room." He gestured to the room back down the corridor, the door closed behind him. "I..I can take Ansgar and Jesse to get food....If you wish me to." He wanted to tread carefully on the situation. He had held Lily in place when they sewed her lips together, not the best of positions in this all. Nicklas only had to nod once and Jaron becokened the others to follow him. When Mouse refused to budge, Jaron gestured again. "I promise I will take you to see Lilith soon. Okay.. Come on." Jesse only moved when Ansgar moved as well. Within four large Nicklas steps, they were at the door. Lily had moved herself to sitting on the floor. Her hair intricately braided down her back. She had her eyes on her wrist. Tracing her fingers over it, she now had every memory back. Surely there was something in there that would be of use. The door creaked open and she flinched. Snapping her eyes shut as she tried to remain calm. She could tell it was Christopher. She knew that he would be annoyed when he saw her. That she could not speak to him, argue with him, kiss him or even smile.

Page 249 of 309 FirstFirst ... 199247248249250251299 ... LastLast