Thread: {M} A Whole New World IC ♥ Red & Cartel

"We're living in a dream; an endless fantasy," ~Yohio ♥
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Parody/Fan-based RP; Be warned; I write *a lot*
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default {M} A Whole New World IC ♥ Red & Cartel

This RP is rated M for Bambi's mom, Kocoum, Mufasa, General Li, Stoic, and the entire Fox and the Hound movie. There is a special place in hell reserved for George R.R. Martin right between Satan himself and Walt Disney.
    But fo realz M for violence, gore, dark themes, sensual scenes, and potentially more.

{OOC}

Spoiler: *sets da mood* 

The lands were a beautiful myriad of landscapes and bodies of water, the vast majority untouched and untainted of its innate splendors. Mountains, rivers, a sparkling sun, and green...lush, natural, pure green. The lolling fields were the sister of the sprawling seas, hand in hand blanketing the entire planet in Gaia's grace, a world full of landscapes and song and balance. The waters intertwined with the lands much like a lovers embrace, and their shimmering in the sunlight a twinkle in a maiden's eye. These waters were clean and clear as crystals, whether they be salted or fresh, still as the moon or excitingly rapid, or otherwise.

Summerland, this world was called, the world of a faerie's blessings given a thousandfold. Here nature reigned supreme, the natural order never questioned, the creatures prancing upon her grasses and dancing in her waters peaceably, all of them accepting and respecting one another's roles, responsibilities, and instincts. Greed was not a concern in a world where gluttony steered the ship, a surplus of food as first mate. The circle of life and survival of the fittest were the harshest realities this world faced, and the acceptance and appreciation for both it's greatest beauty. These lands were as magical as a child's giggle at being told an age-old Gaelic faerie tale. Tending to these lands were the dryads and to the waters the nymphs, Summerland's supreme and humanoid race of faer folk, all filling their days with a constant celebration for the never ending serenity at the eons of peace among them all.

Amid the dryads was a boy with hair as tawny as tree bark, and monochromatic cat eyes the colors of forests - one a lofty cedar, the other a moss or basil, but when shining in the light of the summerset sun, they glowed like amber-trapped shamrocks; and past dusk they resembled gingerbreaded pines 'til dawn again. His personality was like springtime itself: a youthful curiosity trapped in a humanoid form like a firefly in a jar. Adventure was his name, or it might as well have been, but rather his parents were far more eloquent with their children and he was privileged with a name of music: Calypso Sonore. A name befit of a muse such as himself, the sprout carried with him an instrument that he treated like a sacred artifact. His Nyckelharpa, made with the finest mahogany, was as two-toned as his eyes, and was a gift from years ago made special for him by his father.

This dryad bore control over sound, and found great joy in utilizing it against the wind to almost fly here and there. So floating above and around the hills, Calypso rode the winds with great haste and the hum of grass blades sounding from his core as he whistled to guide his trilling glider. He was headed for the town of Pict, a small town made out of hollowed out hills that formed den-like homes with little sights to see and a rather small populace; a rather comfortable and homey place tucked away and under the land itself. As the dryad saw the town on the horizon, a toothy grin broke apart his soft lips, and Calypso slowed down to prepare for a stop.

"Blessed be Lypsi!" A young lady dryad with thick ginger hair called happily as she emerged from her den. She had full, pink lips, blueberry eyes as big as a doe's, and mottled skin with as many angel kisses strewn about her cheeks and shoulders as there were stars in the sky. Laced in her wavy locks were two small, decorative muntjac antlers, one above either ear, a deep green ribbon holding them in place tightly, the excess weaving around her neck like vines. Below that she wore a simple green and white dress, but not shoes, her dainty feet calloused so that she could still feel the tickle of grass blades without easily falling prey to the sharp edges of rocks.

"Well wishes upon ye, my honeysweet starchild sister!" Calypso called back as he landed softly, leaning down to pick up his glider before the woman embraced him and he her. As they held one another, Calypso noticed someone else. "Blessed be, mother." He said as another woman surfaced, her auburn mane threaded into a loose braid laid across her shoulder and her skin even more freckled than the woman he held. His mother was not elderly, though her body a bit worn and lightly aged, like a blossomed version of the bud that was his sister.

Their mother beamed. Her thin lips pulled back to reveal healthy white teeth, her wrinkles and their stories of many laughter filled days disappearing behind her youthful smile. "Well wishes," she replied in greeting as she extended her arms, her dress painting her greener than her daughter and helping her look like a tree with its boughs outstretched. Calypso let go of his sister, handing her his instrument and glider momentarily so he may wrap his arms around his mother's waist, squeezing her playfully but still treating her as gently as a fragile doll. He stood two heads taller than her, and a head taller than his sister, but this was to be expected of a buck among sparrows.

"Ma, I had the grandest of adventures this day! There were flowers that freckled the lands as the angel's did Octavia's cheeks, and dotted between them a type of vegetable I'd never seen before!" He said with fervor.

"How exciting," His sister and mother chuckled, greatly amused by his antics already. "Come, come, let us hear of your escapades over dinner." The woman said, gesturing that they make way back into the den. The three walked inside, Octavia setting her brother's only belongings beside the door.

Entering their den was like entering an overgrown cabin, full of lush and fruitful plants of every assortment and kind. There were plants being grown directly in the walls, such as parsley, basil, and thyme, but also carrots, celery, and radishes too. Hanging from the ceiling were several small dirt-filled orbs growing bonsai of all sorts that bore several types of fruits, mostly oranges and lemons. Two passageways led to different tunnels further underground where everyone slept, but before these tunnels was a wide open room with a small fire pit in the middle that released smoke into the sunroof - the only open part of this cozy economical home.

Octavia and her mother immediately got back to cooking, her mother with her hand on the ladle, slowly turning it about the pot hanging above the fire, and Octavia on the far wall between the two tunnel entrances using the rock shaved flat like a table as a counter-top to cut vegetables and mushrooms for the stew. Tuckered from his travels, Calypso sat back in a rocking chair out of the way and relaxed. "I'll prepare some tea m'dear," his mother offered, and his face lit up at the prospect.

"That would be divine, ma." With a nod, she made her way to the wall and searched it for the perfect tea leaves, the began to search for the appropriate pot on a logged shelf full of a multitude of various kitchen supplies.

As she searched, the siblings spoke. "Lypsi, there is a potluck in the marrow. Will you be attending?" Octavia asked her brother with hope.

He nodded, "Aye, I aimed my glider homeward as soon as your owl carried your message." He chuckled, "I even matched his pace for a short time, but he won the race in the end, the old hoot."

Octavia giggled, chopping a few mushrooms and a carrot, then throwing them into the pot and going to chop some more, "That's my Sonnet for you, but mother's Ballad can still out-wing him any day." They peered over at the duo of barn owls perched in the corner of the room, curious eyes watching their people with interest.

"Perhaps when Ballad is old and worn Sonnet can at least tie." Their mother rejoined her children with an iron teapot that she hung above the much larger cook pot, then filled with water from a nearby bucket, and proceeded to brew the tea. "You said something of a new vegetable, lad?"

"Aye!" His energy back as quick as it left, Calypso leaned forward and began to explain himself to his family. "Yestermarrow, as the sun was at its highest point in the sky, I caught a breeze by the mountains of Domnall, and was swept towards a field packed between them."

"The mountains, you mean?" His sister questioned.

"Aye, it was like a glade, but rather than trees surrounding, it was nothing but mountainside! It was gloriously open to the sky, a true sight to behold!"

His mother smiled, pouring the tea into three separate cups for the three of them and handing her son is, correcting him kindly, "That's a valley m'dear. The Highland Vale, it's called. I've seen it marked on your father's maps, though I've never been any more west than this."

He nodded in confirmation, thanking her for the tea. "There were a few people there, picking flowers together for their own feast off yonder, and to replace the flowers they picked, they planted different kinds of seeds." He paused to sip his cup. "They'd been there many a time, however, so much of their labors were already fruitful, and they were able to show me all the types of things their seeds grew."

"When we cut a tree we plant a new one; is it not the same practice?" Octavia inquired as she chopped an onion and some potatoes, wiping her eyes of the oncoming tears as she asked.

He shrugged. "Similar I suppose, but a tree for a tree isn't the same as a gourd for a flower."

"A gourd?" Octavia wondered aloud, carrying the vegetables to the pot and plopping them in. "What might a gourd be?"

Smiling with pride, Calypso reached into his pocket, pulling out a small leather pouch. "You'll see soon enough, Octave. A gift." He tossed her the pouch, which she caught with ease.

She couldn't help but peer inside, and was met with an assortment of different seeds. "Mama, look!" She beamed, grateful for the gift, then handed the pouch to her mother to look as well. "How exciting! I cannot wait to add these to the garden and see what sprouts!" Octavia giggled, setting down her cup on the floor and giving her brother another big hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you~!"

"Thank you, Calypso." His mother added to the various thanks, then went to put the pouch in her room for safekeeping.

By the by, Octavia and and Calypso laughed lightly as they embraced, then finally parted, Octavia taking a seat in a cushioned wooden chair near him, leaving the other open for their mother when she returned. "After the potluck, I plan to set off again for the valley, perhaps following those girls' directions to their village to retrieve even more seeds, and get ideas on how to cook them." He smiled at his sister, lowering his voice some. "Also, I hear there's a man there looking for some hard labor; I'm going to offer a days work to him, and hopefully next time I see you I'll have some coin to spare for mother's birthday." A sly smile slid across his face as he took another sip of his tea.

His sister giggled, clapping with glee. Still, they stayed hushed, not wanting their mother to hear of their plans. "I've already began to sew the dress. It should be ready the morn before her big day, if you can get me that coin to buy the rest of the fabric in the next three moons."

"Oh, certainly. I might even have it in less than the next two!" He laughed, leaning back his smile suddenly more worn. "I do have some more news though, Octave... News I'm not yet ready to tell ma." He paused, his smile falling completely. "I'm considering staying there a while to raise some if this all works out, then using some of the coin to pay fare on a boat after mother's birthday."

His sisters joys suddenly washed away, surprise replacing her former expression. "Wait, what?" She muttered, not sure how else to follow that thought.

He tapped his finger on the side of his glass a couple times, looking down into the tea remaining in his cup, the steam from it's heat twirling up every now and again against the cool underground air. "I know it's sudden, but-"

"No, no but, Lypsi." She furrowed her brow. "You travel for days and days on end, coming home only to share stories and partake of big celebrations, and the first time you and I have bigger plans, long-term goals, you want to leave the moment they're complete?" She shook her head. "How long has this been on your mind?"

He pursed his lips, rocking a bit in the chair lazily. He hesitated, then finally responded, "Since the last new moon." He admitted.

His sister's eyes opened wide. "An entire cycle of the moon?" She questioned, but he need not respond to confirm. She blinked, and the two sat in a still quiet for a while before finally Octavia got up the courage to ask, "...why?"

With a sigh, Calypso stood from his chair, using broad gestures for emphasis as he explained, "Because I crave adventure, a new start, a world beyond this one to conquer and explore! I'm tired of being chained somewhere all the time," He caught his words, then turned to look at his sister apologetically, "Not that I don't enjoy coming home now and again it's just... I just loathe that feeling of obligation." He began to pace. "Every adventure I go on is a planned exploit, an event we time appropriately that I get to loosely follow, but there's always a goal I don't get to set. I want my own story, Octave, my own tale to weave. Not just a distraction to tell you and mother of on the day I was told to return." He turned around, smiling weakly at his sister as he set his teacup down. "I want to be able to walk out that door with nothing more than my glider, Abby," He gestured to his nychelharpa, "and whatever I can carry without anything more than a song in my heart and the wind beneath my feet. I want... I was to discover something grand, something...something new, really new, breathtakingly and unimaginably new; not just the same old flowers and foods we trade and discover every day. I want to see-"

"...a whole new world...just like your father." His mother interrupted him from her spot at the entrance of the rightmost tunnel, leading to her room, a melancholic smile stuck to her face like moss on a rock.

Last edited by CartelSaide; 03-15-2015 at 07:14 AM.

Spoiler: Need some RP advice? Click show~ 

Either at work or at home playing video games
    Romance, Parody, and... whatever I feel like playing?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The land was covered with water. More than 85% of the surface was beneath the surface. The people who lived there were humanoid but they were adapt enough to where their fingers and toes were webbed so that they could swim easier and their lungs were larger then other species so that they could hold their breath under water.

Natharia was one of the creatures that called this planet home. She swam through the waters with easy and she was one of the best hunters on her island. It was late in the day, the sun was getting ready to kiss the waves and Natharia still needed to hunt for the rest of her siblings. She had five brothers and six sisters and all of them had a different taste which made hunting extremely difficult. Natharia was keeping an eye out for the rare eel that inhabited this part of the waters. Her twin brothers loved eels and they would not settle for anything else.

It was right then that Natharia saw a flick of a tail. She readied her spear and her senses were alert. Slowly, two eels peaked their heads out from the hiding spot they had been in for what Natharia would have guessed to be all day. She took her aim as she waited for them to emerge into the open. She could feel her oxygen burning her lungs. She had been holding her breath for awhile, afraid to expose her position.

With a flick of her wrist she had captured both eels on one rod. Her shoulders relaxed and she swam over to claim her prize. As she emerged from the deep she took a deep breath, waiting for her lungs to regenerate before swimming to shore. When she finally did she got all of her stuff together and looked to the sky. It had been a long day but she was glad that her family would have a good dinner tonight. As she walked along the path that would lead her to her town. She saw a berry bush and gave a devilish smile, deciding to collect a few.

When she finally got home, the house was unusually quiet. Proceeding with caution, she opened the door, peaking inside. No lantern was lite and there was not a single member of her family in sight. Narrowing her eyes, she placed the bag of food on the counter and got out the bag that had her berries in it. She pressed her body up against the wall and slowly walked down the hall, trying to make out any sound that would give her a hint as to where her family was. There was a soft thud that came from the twins' room and Natharia gave a wide smile. She opened the door and there in the middle of the floor was a homemade stuffed animal.

She walked over to it and slowly picked it up, listening for anyone's breathing. She placed it gently back on the nearest bed. There was a suppressed giggle that came from under the bed. Natharia walked to the door as if she did not hear anything then with a swift move, dropped to the ground and pulled her twin brother out from under the bed, pinning one down with her hands and the other with her legs.

"Mercy!" One yelled trying to break free.

Ignoring the struggles she took out a berry and held it to the throat of the one that she was holding with her hands, Mikel. "Where are the others, little brother?"

With a face as cold as stone, Mikel glared at his sister, "Never."

Natharia looked to the feet to see if Nikel would give her the information she needed. When he shook his head she bowed her head. "Then you leave me no choice brothers." She took out two berries and drew a line across both of their throats, leaving a red stain. They both flailed around and then gave a dramatic last breath. She stood and brushed off her shoulders.

She left the room ready to take on the next family member. As she walked away she heard the two giggling. "Aquaberry! My favorite!"

She gave a small laugh then burst into the room of her sisters. Her youngest sister was asleep in bed. She was about three and she was really not into the mischievous games that her siblings often played. Just for good fortune, she placed a berry in her hands so that when she squeezed her and or rolled over then it would be all over her.

This continued one by one until it was just down to her mother and her infant baby brother. Natharia turned the corner to find her mother's back to her as she snag to her brother. Barely making any noise she slowly approached her mother with two berries in her palm.

Her mother turned just in time to get berries smashed in her face. With a fast clap, the berried sprayed her mother and small brother who began to giggle uncontrollably. Her mother on the other hand was less then amused.

"Natharia." She began but her daughter's hand was pressed to her mouth to keep her quiet.

Natharia looked around the room. "Silence, woman. Don't you know the most dangerous one is still yet to be destroyed?"

Rolling her eyes, her mother left to the kitchen so that she could start preparing the meals of her family.

Natharia climbed to the rafters and slowly moved from room to room. She heard the door in begin to open and before she even saw who it was she threw the remaining three berries she had at the figure entering the home.

*~*~*~*~*~*A Whole New World*~*~*~*~*~*

King Mickey glared up at the rafters as the juice from the berries slowly dripped off his face. "I am sorry to intrude, but I am here to talk to Natharia?

Wide-eyed she dropped down from the rafters and bowed her head, "i am so sorry, sir. I was just-"

Mickey held up a hand and smiled at the young girl, "There is no need to apologize." Her licked his lips. "Aquaberry is one of my favorites. But, my dear, we need to talk about a serious issue."

Natharia looked at her mother then back at the king. "Um... alright." She sat at the table and motioned for King Mickey to join her. Her mother took her siblings out of the room.

Mickey took his chair and gave Natharia a concerned look. "As you have often wondered, there are many worlds beyond yours and they are all in danger. There is an enemy out there called the Heartless and they are slowly infecting the worlds out there. They are created from the darkness of people's hearts and once their hearts are consumed completely they take the form of the pure heartless." King Mickey gave an exhausted sigh, "The body and soul that is left behind is called a Nobody. Once they are consumed they have this instinct to go after hearts. To taint any heart that they can get to. They also go after the Keyblade masters."

Natharia raised an eyebrow, "A what?"

King Mickey pulled out a giant key."This is a Keyblade, and this is what the Keyblade masters use to fight the Heartless and the Noboodies." Mickey rested his hand on Natharia's. " I know this doesn't make sense and I wish I had more time to explain to you what all of this means, but right now you need to say goodbye to your family for now and come with me."

Natharia stood up, shocked. She looked around to her mother whose eyes were teary eyed but she wore her smile. "It's ok, sweetheart. This is a great honor."

She walked to her mother and wrapped her in a hug. "Mother..."

"Shh, don't. You and I both know that you were destined for this. Now, go say goodbye to your siblings and make sure that you don't cry in front of them. That's all I need is a house full of crying babes." She smiled and kissed her daughter's forehead.

Natharia nodded and walked from room to room hugging her siblings telling each of them that she is going away for a little while but that she would be back before any of them had a chance to miss her. The twins were the hardest to say goodbye to. They held their sister the tightest as they fought back to tears.

"Listen, boys, when I am gone, you need to be strong for the others. Do as mother and father tell you to and help out as much as you can. Ok?" Natharia was doing good so far with keeping strong but when the twins kissed her cheeks she almost lost it.

"Promise you will come home." Aiden demanded.

Adrian, who was the softer one, looked down to the floor and said, "But don't make a promise that you can't keep."

Natharia smiled at them, "I promise that I will be home in no time. I give you my word." She said and kissed their foreheads. "Now go to sleep. Father will be home soon."

As she entered the kitchen once more her face was stone cold. She looked at Mickey and gave a soft nod. "I'm ready."

Right at that time, the door burst open and there stood a giant man. "Where will you be taking me daughter, Your Majesty?"

King Mickey shook the man's hand and sighed, "I am so sorry to do this to you Dymitri, but I need he for the war."

His eyes looked to Natharia and he took two steps to her then kneeled to her level. Before he could say anything Natharia hugged him. "I'll be home soon."

Her father closed his eyes and held her back, "Aye, you better or I'll have to come hunt ya down." He said trying to lighten the mood but they both knew that there was no guarantee that she would be back.

Taking a deep breath, Natharia let go of her father and headed to the door before the tears began to fall. King Mickey bowed his head, taking the Keyblade off the table then closed the door behind them. They walked in silence to the Gummi ship that Mickey arrived on. By the time they reached it though, tears were flowing from her eyes but she made no noise.

Mickey stopped her right before they got to the ship, "Natharia, I want you to close your eyes. Imagine what your keyblade would look like. What colors it would be. How big."

As Mickey kept talking she felt something form in her empty hands, when she opened her eyes she saw her Keyblade.

She gasped and almost dropped the blade.

"I am going to take you to someone who can help you wield it.'

As they drew closer, Natharia's eyes grew bigger and bigger, she was actually going to another world. Her heart began to race and she clutched the Keybalde in her hands harder. Before the Gummi ship every touched down, she opened the gates and jumped to the ground with a soft thud. The people who were there gave her a strange look. They didn't have gills nor were their hands webbed. She looked down at her hands to find that her hands were not webbed either.

King Mickey stood beside her, "As you travel, you will come to many worlds were they don't look like you and you're body will change to fit the environment. Do not be alarmed, there are many places that will make you look like something out of a fairy tale but I can assure you that the friends you make there will more than make up for it." He smiled. "Now, I must go, but if you head straight through town in District 3 there will be an abandoned house were you will meet Master Aqua. She will teach you everything she knows about blade wielding. The door will have this symbol on it." He handed her a paper and then he was gone.

Taking a deep breath she slowly walked into the town, looking at the clock tower. "So, this is my big adventure." She whispered to herself, regretting the thought she had only hours before she was brought here when she looked up at the stars.
    Last edited by CuteLilRedhead; 10-29-2015 at 08:07 PM.

Big thank you to .Κάρμα. for the avi and signature <3
    Follow me on Pintrest ,Tumblr, and Instagram

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

The two children shared a look of guilt and mild pity, worried about their mother's reaction. "Ma, I-" Calypso began meekly in an attempt to explain himself but fell short, interrupted immediately.

A soft, small palm faced to her son, their mother shook her head with a soft smile. "There's no need to explain, my child. I knew this day would come." She laced her fingers together near her waist, trying to remain calm as a mother should while she spoke her next words. "Lad, I want you to go."

"Ma!" Octavia nearly shouted, appalled that her mother wasn't urging her brother to stay.

Her mother just shot her a look with a frown and replied calmly yet sternly, "Octavia."

His sister held firm, however. "You can't let him leave, Mama, what about us? What will we do without him?" She crossed her arms. "If you let him go, then who will run the errands, tend to the outer land needs?"

"You will," her mother shot back, not missing a beat, "and much like when your father passed, we'll live." She smiled, then her expression grew stern again. "We cannot think so selfishly as to prevent your brother a life of his own, lass. If you ever wished for more than this humble abode and had the means to do whatever it is you will, you know we would support you through and through."

Octavia had a light blush color her cheeks in her embarrassment. "'Tis true." She admitted reluctantly.

"My son..." His mother looked in his direction, and Calypso felt his heart melt like putty at the expression in her eyes. "You must go in the marrow. I implore you. Pack tonight, and head for the village you spoke of."

"But your birthday, ma. Surely you want your only son here for such an event?" Calypso asked her.

She shook her head. "You needn't worry about such trivial things, lad. It's but one of many birthdays I have whence celebrated, and one of many more to be had." She smiled as she walked closer to her children, her daughter rising so that all three stood together close, and the family embraced.

"Thank you, mama." Calypso said with a smile, then kissed his mother's forehead, followed by his sister's.

"One more thing." The woman raised a gentle hand with but one finger extended. "Your father left a gift for you, special for when this day came." She turned around, heading back towards her bedroom. "Come, come." She summoned.

"Father?" Calypso and Octavia spoke in unison, exchanging a glance before following their mother as instructed. They walked down the small tunnel until the very end of the hallway where they stood between three rooms. To either side of the family, there was Octavia's room and their mother's room, Calypso's room being the room down the other tunnelway. The third room sat right before them, roots and ivy blocking the doorway to the room which was once the study. It was their father's study, a room they'd barely touched since his tragic passing save for particularly exceptional circumstances with explicit permission from their mother. Now was one of those moments.

Pulling apart the curtain of greenery and entering the old room, her children following closely, the widow walked to the tangled up mess of roots, moss, and fungi that sat in a clump in the middle of the room. The mass vaguely held the shape of a desk and chair, but the wooden desk and chair underneath had been long consumed. "It is time." She spoke seriously, almost too seriously for the children to feel entirely comfortable in their positions. For a moment, the room was consumed in silence much like the desk was consumed by nature, and then their mother took a deep breath. By the magic of nature their mother held, all the mushrooms and roots seemed to move backwards in time, untangling from their father's desk gently and elegantly. All the plant life receded back into seed and sapling, freeing it from it's earthen prison. As if the wood the items were made out of was still alive, it creaked and breathed much like a tree in the wind. Their mother was powerful to do such a thing, but she rarely if ever felt a need to use her powers anymore; this was a rare sight to behold.

As soon as the desk was back to it's former glory, their mother took a beautiful mahogany bow from the table to match her son's Nyckelharpa. She turned around, and with as much grace as she would if she was holding a royal sword to knight a brave warrior, handing it over to Calypso with pride beaming from her aged face. With awe, Calypso hesitated to take the beautiful bow from his mother's delicate hands, but after some silent encouragement he took it gingerly in his fingers.

He was so happy he felt as though he would cry. "Thank you Ma... I don't know what to say."

She smiled. "Don't thank me, thank your father." She put her hands against his cheeks. "You're going to do great things, Calypso. Your father knew that the day would come that you would walk out the door and follow in his footsteps, to become a man." She touched his hand, wrapping his fingers around the bow even tighter. "If you lose this, you'll find it again, and when you most need it, it will protect you."

Calypso didn't quite understand his mother's cryptic words, but he trusted his mother wasn't spouted nonsense, and that when the time came, he would surely understand. "I love you, ma." He embraced her again, holding tightly for a moment, then turned to his sister and embraced her once more as well. Smiling from ear to ear, eyes tearing up slightly, he wiped his eyes. "I'm going to go pack!" He said excitedly, then made way for his room.

Meanwhile...

From the shadows stood a figure staring out into the fields of Pict with an eerie stillness. Not even the moonlight shed light on his identity, for he was cloaked in all black, his face covered in a hood. Next too him was stood a considerably rugged man with wider shoulders than him and far longer hair it seemed as well. "What do you think?" The rugged man asked with a coy grin. "Does he seem like the one you're looking for?"

The hooded figure nodded silently.

"Good, good," the rugged man chuckled. "Shall we get him on his way out then? It's only a short while until dawn."

The hooded figure shook his head. He lifted his hand and pointed to his wrist, like it had a watch on it.

"More time it is then." The rugged man agreed, and the duo went to the west, the very direction Calypso would be headed the next morning.

The Next Morning...

Calypso couldn't sleep much longer and was up earlier than the sun, double and triple checking his supplies to make sure he had everything he felt that he needed to leave home. He had his Nyckelharpa at the ready complete with a brand new bow in her case to be strapped to his back for the carrying. He also had his knapsack to swing over his shoulder and carry all his little things in it - some coin, some food, and a few other like necessities.

He considered saying another long goodbye to his family considering he wouldn't know when he'd next return, but in the end he decided to rush out the door before his mother and sister had even awoken. Instead, he left a thoughtful goodbye note and a small sack of gold for them, wishing his mother the happiest of birthdays and assuring her that the gift his sister had prepared was going to be spectacular. He couldn't bare to do anything more, for he knew that if they did see him off, it wouldn't be until the sun was at high noon that he would taking his first steps for adventure.

As he left, he stopped in the doorway to take a deep, dramatic breath of air with a huge, goofy grin plastered on his face. Shutting the door behind him, he adjusted the strap of his knapsack over his shoulder, then took his first step forward, savoring the precious moment. Finally, he had begun his adventure.

He walked away from the little town of Pict with great joy in his fast beating heart, excited to be out venturing to where he wanted to go, doing what he wanted to do. This would be the first time he left his home since birth without a to-do list of errands and a set time he was expected back by. He could do anything! He could lay in the valley for hours, smelling each and every flower individually, or he could run all the way around the perimeter of the village without taking a single break. He could even follow those girls he met before and meet them in their town as he'd planned, or he do that tomorrow or the next day and do something else entirely today. The world was his for the taking if he could only choose what part to take first!

One Hour Later...

"UUUUUUGH I AM SO BORED!" Calypso fell back into the field of flowers, dropping his knapsack at one side, his instrument at the other. "What the hell do people do when they have nothing to do!?" He rolled around a few times, completely frustrated, then simply stopped, looking up and just staring at the clouds in defeat. He took a deep sigh, sitting there for ages as he watched the clouds roll by.

He thought about what his next move should be, but felt conflicted. He knew he could always go to the village the girls he met in that field spoke of, or even to the town with the docks, and he could pick up some form of work, but he didn't want to leave the work he did for his family just to go work for a total stranger. Despite not wanting to give up his freedom, he hadn't the slightest clue what to do with it, having lived a life where the majority of the time he simply did what he was asked to do, no problem. He wanted something to do, needed something to do...but what was the happy medium between a job and none at all?

The dryad sighed again, sitting there for a time longer, trying to come up with a solution when he heard a distant sound. He sat up, listening closer to the sound which slowly grew louder and louder. "What is that?" He asked the air around him, looking around him. Then, as he nearly laid back down again with a shrug, a bird flew close to his head, tweeting the whole way as it flapped it's little wings and flew away as fast as it came. As it was off, Calypso couldn't help but smile. "What a beautiful birdsong." He said, watching it fly off into the distance.

Then it hit him hard and sudden, like a bag of bricks. "That's it!" Calypso thought aloud as he sprung to his feet. "Abby!" He pulled his Nyckelharpa out of it's case and began to play, enjoying himself immensely. "Ah, this bow is so much smoother..." He muttered with relief, then strapped his knapsack and the empty case to his shoulders again before playing even more and walking towards to sea where he knew people would gather in large quantities.

Calypso played his music the entire way to the town by the docks, stopping to play for a few children who were fascinated by his skill and his strange instrument. Before he knew it, his free-styling attracted a small crowd, so he took advantage of the opportunity presented before him. He set out his empty case, smiling widely, playing even more, and watching the gold fall in one coin at a time. As he ended his song and moved onto the next one, he suddenly found himself hearing not just his instrument, but something else, something playful...

Before him at the head of the crowd stood a man in a black cloak holding a large, blue instrument, the likes of which Calypso had never seen nor heard before. The cloaked figure pulled back his hood, revealing a blonde haired, blue eyed man with a cocky grin. Without a word, the man walked close and stood near to Calypso as he played his strange instrument to couple the dryad's tune, and Calypso enjoyed every second of it. The mood was mesmerizing, and as Calypso played to match the man's notes, the man flawlessly followed suit, their sounds meshing perfectly. A hush fell over the ever growing crowd to hear the tune they made, and to fill the silence yet another noise filled Calypso's ears: Jingling.

A tanned man with a scar across one eye, long black dreadlocks, and fangs walked into the circle the two musicians played in and gestured for the crowd to part slightly. He had nothing on but a pair of black pants that fit loosely everywhere save for the ankles and the hips, of which was adorned with a silver hip-scarf made entirely of flat coins that made a soft jingling as he moved. He was rugged, well-built, and had a cocky smile to couple the blonde man's, their familiarity giving Calypso the impression that they knew each other very well. Stranger yet, the man had pointed ears and a long tail with a black tuft at the end, and his eyes were sickly yellow and radioactive green.

This third addition to the show didn't strike Calypso as the artistic type at first, but the moment his body started to move to the music** so rhythmically it seemed almost planned and long choreographed, Calypso ate his unspoken words. His wide shoulders and thin hips twisted and turned with the music, exciting and enticing Calypso more and more, as well as the crowd which went wild and began mass-donating at this point in their awe. The smell of the sea air and the mixing sounds colliding with the sound of the waves crashing to shore made the spontaneous moment seem magical in a way Calypso didn't think he'd ever be able to recreate as long as he lived.

**Just mute the video and watch him dance to the other music,
    or pretend that the music in the background of the video is a sitar and a nyckelharpa
    - whatever floats your imaginative boat.

As soon as the song came to a close the crowd applauded and cheered, sending a feeling of thrill through Calypso's veins, the exact thrill he was hoping to achieve by adventuring. As the cheering died down, those who hadn't already donated even more coin to Calypso's quickly-filling wooden case before dispersing with whispers about the mysterious musicians and dancer that came to share their talents with the small town at the docks. As everyone went back to their own devices, the three men came together to speak with words as opposed to their art.

The rugged man towered over the two of them, the blonde being a mere head taller than the young and still growing Calypso. He seemed so calm and collected, serene almost as he looked down upon Calypso with a playful intrigue that made the dryad wonder what exactly he was thinking. The blonde man just seemed incredibly pumped up, ready to do it all over again, still drawing from the energy of the music they no longer played.

"Blessed be, fellow artisans!" The dryad said as he approached the duo to meet them half way, smiling from ear to ear. "That...that was indescribable. Thank you kindly for sharing that moment with me, strangers...or should I call you friends?" He extended his hand to whoever would take it, introducing himself, "My name's Calypso. What might yours be?"

The blonde took his hand first. "Demyx." He said simply as the rugged man remained silent beyond a light chuckle as he too shook the boy's hand. "You weren't so bad yourself, kid. Where'd you learn to play like that?"

Calypso couldn't stop smiling. "I come from a long line of musicians in a town of merriment and feast - Pict. We all play different instruments of our choosing as soon as we're old enough to hold one. Fellow villagers who play the same thing teach us if our parents can't, and our parents offer the same grace to the other village children in return. I was personally taught by my father and my neighbor simultaneously." He was clearly proud of his heritage, stopping when he thought he was rambling.

"Well I'll be, we just passed by there on our way here!" Demyx said with a bright smile back. "Funny it took all the way 'til now to bump into one another, ha!" He giggled. "That's a really exciting history there, kid. Innit buddy?"

Demyx turned to the rugged man and elbowed him playfully, who merely nodded with a coy smirk in return. "Indeed, Demyx, indeed."

"What about you, friends? What kind of instrument even is that, and where did you learn to dance so exotically - I've never seen or heard anything like either before! Both are so beautiful" Calypso was having a hard time containing himself.

"Thanks man! We dig your work too!" Demyx sat his instrument upright, leaning against it almost. "Arpeggio here is a Sitar that I taught myself to play." He explained. "Your Nyckelharpa is pretty neat too; it got a name?"

"Arabesque. Abby for short." Calypso responded, happy to know his village wasn't the only one that named their instruments.

"Pleasure to meet you, Abby." Demyx bowed to Calypso's instrument, making his sitar bow as well, before standing upright again and leaning against it comfortably once more.

Calypso laughed freely in his excitement; he felt so uncomfortably comfortable around these two - he couldn't really explain it. "What about yourself, sir?" He turned to the larger man now.

The rugged man crossed his arms. "In a faraway land by a talented and brutal woman named Zira." He said simply, swishing his tail from one hip to the other.

"Oh!" He stood up straight suddenly, then gestured to the wooden Nyckelharpa case full of gold coins. "It wasn't nearly this full 'til you two came along. Feel free to take your share of the spoils, guys, I insist!" He stepped aside so they could walk past him to get some.

The rugged man just held up a hand, showing off his long, black, pointy claws. "It's all yours, Calypso."

"Are you sure? It's a lot of coin." He pressed, but the rugged man just shook his head, and Demyx seemed to stubbornly agree with his friend. "I...wow, I don't know what to say. Thank you, uh..." He trailed off. "I don't believe I caught your name."

He chuckled darkly. "You may call me Scar." He trailed a finger across the scar over his eye, then patted Calypso's head gently with one of his enormous hands. Something tugged at the back of his mind, telling him that he should be rejecting this relaxed feeling, but he couldn't help it. This man was all muscle despite his skinny build, and yet Calypso didn't feel the least bit threatened, not justifiably so anyhow.

"So where you headed?" Demyx asked, pointing at Calypso's knapsack. "You seem like you're on a mission." He smiled politely.

Calypso paused, not entirely sure how to answer the question. "I, uh... I'm not certain." He admitted after a few moments, anxiously rubbing the back of his neck with the hand not holding his bow. "I only left home just today. I was thinking of picking up work in the area, perhaps raising enough to get on a ship." He laughed. "Thanks to you two I suppose I have enough to get on three ships, haha!" The trio shared a laugh before the dryad continued. "I want to explore you see. I've been dying to see more of this world and all the other worlds out there, should they even exist," he laughed nervously, "though that must sound very childish of me..."

"Not at all," Scar reassured him, "in fact..."

"We'd be glad to offer you work, yanno, if you're interested." Demyx offered, his tone a lot more sly.

"Would you, would you really!?" Calypso jumped on his words with no further thought. "What sort of job is it?"

Demyx and Scar exchanged a knowing glance with identical smirks, then turned back to look at Calypso. "Let's talk over brunch, shall we?" Demyx said, wrapping an arm around Calypso and walking him away as Scar picked up the boy's case full of coin and his knapsack for him.
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 08-31-2015 at 04:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"Excuse me," Natharia approached a native. "I am looking for District Three?" She said looking around. "I'm going to be honest, I don't even know what District I am in presently."

The stranger smiled warmly and pointed up the large stairs. "If you go up these steps and take a right, then follow that around to the large door, that'll lead you to District Two." He leaned in close to her, "You're in One, right now." He gave her a playful smile and continued. "Follow the walkway to your right that will lead you down some steps into a large courtyard. There is an alleyway on your right that will lead you to a door that has markings of fire all over it, go through there and you'll be in District Three."

Natharia bowed her head in gratitude then headed on her way. She followed his instructions to a T when she reached District Two though a strange creature emerged before her. It was small and all black except for it's large yellow eyes. She felt the weight of the Keyblade form in her hand, "What in the world are you?" She asked looking the creature up and down.

In a flash, the creature attacked, causing her to fall back. She raised the blade and with all her power she had she swung , causing the thing to dissipate. All that was left of it was a heart that floated into the sky, going back to whomever it belonged to.

"Well, that was bizarre." She said to herself and continued on but this time with more caution. She slowly went down the steps that lead to the courtyard that the man had told her about. Once she reached the bottom though she was greeted by a different creature. This one, however was all white and looked as though it was a suit of someone. Before this one attacked she took her first move. She sliced right through it. Nothing really happened though. At least with the other the heart floated away but this time nothing happened. She looked around to see if there were any more.

"What have I gotten myself into?" She whispered to herself. After a few more strange creatures popped up here and there she finally made it to the fire door. Exhausted, she looked around once more before opening the door. Right next to the entrance there was a house with the symbol that Mickey gave her marked into the wood. Natharia softly knocked on the door, Keyblade at the ready.

A tall man answered the door and looked Natharia up and down. "Who are you?"

"My name is Natharia." She answered taken back by the appearance of the man before her.

Leon grinned, "Well, Natharia, we are not interested in any Girl Scout cookies at this time, so, on your way." He began to close the door.

Her Keyblade stopped it from closing and she looked at him in a whole new light. "That was incredibly rude. King Mickey has sent me to seek your guidance but if you are going to speak to me in such a manner I will find guidance elsewhere." She turned on her heels and began her way back the way she came.

A young girlfollowed after Natharia and gently took her hand. "Please don't leave. Leon is just wary of strangers." She gave a small smile in hopes of making Natharia more comfortable. "I am Aerith. Please accept my apology on Leon's behalf and join us inside."

Natharia thought about it for a moment then decided it was for the best. After all King Mickey didn't send her all the way here for her to just leave. "Very well." She turned to Leon. "But I will not be spoken to in such a manner and if you don't mind your tongue then I will leave."

Leon scoffed, "Are you threatening me?"

Natharia stepped closer to him so that they were toe-to-toe. "I do not make threats, Leon. I make promises. And I promise you that I will not be spoken to like that again."

Leon stood there for what felt like a long time before he stepped aside to allow her entry. Aerith followed her in and pointed to Leon as a non-verbal way of telling him to behave himself. Natharia had taken a seat at the end of a large table in the middle of the room. "So, King Mickey has brought you to us, has he told you anything as to what is going on?" Leon asked leaning against the wall closest to the door.

Natharia shook her head. "I honestly don't even know what world I am in on."

Aerith smiled warmly, "Well what a wonderful place to start. You are in Tranverse Town. King Mickey, I assume, brought you here so that Leon could teach you how to wield your Keyblade to fight in the war."

"What war, exactly?" Natharia asked as she felt her Keyblade vanish back to wherever it went when she didn't need it.

Leon stood from leaning against the wall. "The war between light and dark. More so the darkness in people's hearts to be more specific. Those black creatures you saw when you came to us are called the [url=https://kingdomhearts.wikia.com/wiki/Darkside#List_of_Heartless] Heartless. They are made when someone's heart succumbs to darkness."

Natharia nodded then remembered the other creature she saw, "And what of the other creatures? The long lanky looking ones."

Leon's eyes lite up with frustration, "Nobodies. They are what is left when someone's heart goes. The shell so to speak." He looked at Aerith, "Which means that Organization XIII shouldn't be too far behind."

"Organization XIII? What is that?" Natharia asked.

Another young woman dropped from the ceiling and sat beside Natharia. Natharia however greeted her with a scream. After she settle the girl answered her question, "Organization XIII is a group of Nobobies who are searching for their hearts so that they can be whole again." She smiled at Natharia, "I am Yuffie by the way. Local ninja."

Leon added, "They aren't really a threat to us but they are really good at getting in the way of our mission."

"Which is..." Natharia pressed.

"To rid the universe of darkness." Leon said plainly.

Natharia couldn't help but chuckle. "Rid it completely? Not only is that impossible but that is just plain silly. To rid the world of darkness would leave an imbalance." She looked at everyone and they all looked as though they disagreed. "You don't believe me? Think about it. If we lived in a world where the was only good, it would be dull. Day in and day out you all would get up go out and live a perfect day with nothing to make your day different from the day before. Same goes for darkness, if we all lived in a world where everything was chaos and every man for themselves then there would be no living, only surviving." Natharia said.

Leon raised an eyebrow, "You make it sound as though you fight for neither side."

Natharia rolled her eyes. "What side? Both are two pieces to a whole. You cannot go to brightest of places without finding darkness and you cannot go to the darkest of places without finding light. The world doesn't work that way. I fight to keep the balance. I fight so that the darkness doesn't take more than it's fair share just like there are others who fight for the same reason."

Aerith smiled. "I do believe King Mickey has chosen a great solider."

Leon did not have the same thought. He opened the door and motioned for Natharia to follow him out. "We start training now."

~~~~~~~~~

Hours had passed and Natharia was on her break. "Again!" Leon demanded.

Yuffie stepped in, "Leon, this is her first day. Don't you think she has had enough?"

Leon looked at Natharia with fire in his eyes. "Do you need a break, Natharia?"

Her whole body was shaking with exhaustion but she stood before him with as much strength she could muster. "Leon, you are aware that we are on the same team, yes?"

"Are we? You made it sound like you want darkness to be in people's hearts." Leon countered.

Aerith looked at him shocked but turned to Natharia for her reply.

Natharia stood as tall as she could manage, "Of course I don't want people's hearts to be dark but you cannot have good without the bad nor bad without the good. It isn't how life works, Leon. If all was good and no one had darkness in them how would you know that what you had was good if there was nothing to counter it?" She paused. "Don't you see your own darkness shining through right now? Does that make you evil?"

Leon looked as though he had taken a stab to the abdomen. If Natharia hadn't known better then she would have said that he stopped breathing. He looked around and turned away. "Lesson over." He walked back to the house where Yuffie and Aerith followed.

Yuffie turned right before she got to the house, "You shouldn't have said that to him."

"I'm not sorry that I said it, I am sorry that it got to the point where it needed to be said." She admitted then watched her close the door on her. As soon as it was closed though, Natharia fell to the ground, her whole body trembling. Every inch of her was in pain. She was by no means a weakling but Leon has pushed her past every limit she had and he didn't break a sweat in the process. She laid herself down on the cool stones that laid the courtyard and closed her eyes.

After a few minutes she heard footsteps approaching her and once they were close enough to her she drew her blade and held it to the throat of... The King. Quickly, Natharia dropped her blade and bowed her head, " I am so sorry Your Majesty. I wasn't expecting you."

"No need to apologize. I am the one who startled you." He smiled. "I see you and Leon are having a hard time getting along."

Natharia sat back down, "Not so much we don't get along, more so we don't see eye-to-eye."

He nodded, "You see the world differently than most others, Natharia." He gave his one of a kind chuckle. "For some people that is a hard thing to accept but Leon will turn around. He is just incredibly stubborn." He looked around as though he could feel something coming. "Come on now, we'll get you to the Hotel so that you can sleep off your training."

Natharia chuckled. "You mean, beating."
    Last edited by CuteLilRedhead; 11-05-2015 at 04:54 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"You want me to join what?" Calypso asked with a raised brow, mouth full of a classic sandwich made traditionally all across his lands.

"Organization XIII." Scar said, sipping his milk gingerly before cutting into his nearly uncooked steak politely. Acting so gentlemanly, he was clearly disgusted by those with less manners around him, which was not just Calypso, but also Demyx and the majority of those in the restaurant around them. He cut his steak into small bites, trying to avoid making eye contact with anyone if he could help it.

Demyx just smiled and nodded as he took off his gloves to dig into his meal as well, the same as Calypso's out of curiosity and intrigue. "The former leader unfortunately passed, so the group disbanded, but I'm looking to start it back up again, and to do so I need at least thirteen members, yanno, keeping up with tradition 'n' all. Very exclusive." He grinned. "Right now I only have five officially lined up, and you seem like you'd make a great sixth member." He took a bite of his sandwich excitedly, but the face he made as soon as he bit into it was definitely not that of excitement. He let out a nervous chuckle, "Mmm... delicious, too bad I'm not all that hungry, heh..." He muttered, pushing his plate away before practically drowning himself in his pint of apple cider.

Calypso giggled and put the sandwich on his plate, then raised a hand to the waitress. "Could we get an order of grilled cheese please?" He looked at the empty pint glass while Demyx looked away, whisling not-so-casually. Laughing, he added, "And a refill for the thirsty musician." The woman nodded, smiling at Demyx with understanding, then went to the back to prepare his meal. Calypso got back to the conversation at hand. "I appreciate the offer but I just don't really understand the job. What would I actually do?"

"Well, it's all a bit exclusive, as Demyx put it," Scar began, "so first you have to prove to us that you're an asset to the group. Once we know what you're capable of, we'll be able to give you a bit more information." He set down his knife, putting a fork into his steak and taking another bite as the woman brought a grilled cheese to the grateful and boisterous Demyx. Once he'd finished chewing, unlike the other two at their table, Scar continued, "For now we will offer you a few odd jobs here and there that will serve as test trials. We will get an idea of your skill set through them, you'll get paid, and if at the end of it we decide you're worth recruiting, we'll discuss more in depth with you about our organization."

Practically inhaling his grilled cheese sandwich, Demyx licked his fingers and picked up the other half of it with a grin. "Yep, that about sums it up!" He confirmed, playfully nudging Scar. "If we don't think you're suited for our crew then hey, you got a few jobs and some cash out of it, so what's there to lose?"

Starting on his second sandwich by now, Calypso shrugged. "I guess nothing," He agreed with a smile. "Alright then, count me in, lads!" He took another bite with excitement at what was yet to come as Demyx and Scar exchanged a look and a mischievous grin.

A Week Later...

Calypso had done various types of jobs from delivery to performance, and couldn't help but feel like he was essentially an errand boy. He knew that to work your way up in a business you had to start small, however, so even if he was a bit annoyed, he did the jobs with no complaints regardless. He got paid, and as long as that kept up, he would be willing to work for them as long as they wanted him to.

Still, something pulled at Calypso's gut every time he was around Demyx and Scar that made him slightly doubt their motives. He began to get a bit suspicious, and while he did his best not to appear that way, he knew that Scar caught him staring every now and again, and Demyx had very watchful eyes and a blunt honesty that forced Calypso to answer questions tactfully. At the end of the day, however, Calypso found that he enjoyed the company of these two far more than he enjoyed most others, so he always convinced himself he was just paranoid since Demyx and Scar were foreigners, and that all was well.

The trio pretty much exclusively camped out in the fields at the edge of town near some fishing docks, only going into town when an errand required it. In between jobs, him and Demyx would play a few tunes together, or Scar would show him a few dance moves, but over all the atmosphere was rather peaceful, playful, and generally nice all around. After a solid week of random jobs that seemed almost purposeless, however, Calypso started to get a bit antsy and approached Demyx.

"Demyx?" He called as the man tuned his Sitar and sat on the fishing dock, feet dangling just above the still sea water.

"Yeah buddy?" Demyx replied with a smile, looking up briefly then getting back to his work.

Calpyso sat down next to him. "I don't mean to sound impatient, but I am rather curious about this group... Is there a certain amount of jobs I need to do, or time that has to pass, before I can start asking questions?" Demyx turned, shooting him a serious look that made Calypso blink and lean back a bit in surprise. Did I upset him? Oh, I hope I wasn't being rude... He thought to himself.

Then, just like flipping a switch, Demyx plastered on his smile again. "Not much longer! Hang in there little buddy!" He ruffled up Calypso's auburn hair, then went straight back to tuning his instrument. "Got find Scar and tell him you're ready for the next test. He'll sort you out."

With a nervous smile in return, Calypso fixed his hair. "Thanks, Demyx. I won't let you guys down." He pat Demyx on the back a couple times then stood, heading off to do as he was told.

"Mm-hmm. We'll see." Demyx replied with a strange tone, almost ominous. Calypso paused to digest the strange atmosphere, but just like every other time Calypso had experienced this peculiar mistrust, he pushed it back, going to find Scar.

It didn't take him very long before he was by their tents where Scar was sunbathing. "Hello Sonore. Need something?" Scar asked him as he approached, not moving an inch nor opening his eyes.

"Blessed be, Scar." Calypso greeted back. "Demyx told me I should ask you about my next test, and to tell you I was ready?"

Scar's eyes opened and a wide, toothy grin formed at his lips. "Perfect." He sat up, cracking his back and neck, then stood. He seemed eager for something, and for the first time since Calypso had met Scar and Demyx, he felt a deep discomfort that was far more difficult to swallow than others. Scar placed a hand to Calypso's shoulder as if he were trying to comfort him, but somehow the feeling of Scar's hand made Calypso even more uncomfortable; it took every part of him not to pull back and shove Scar's large, clawed hand off of him. "Relax. This is by far the most exciting test of them all." He chuckled deep and dark, then removed his hand, gesturing with it for Calypso to follow him, which he reluctantly did.

"Where are we going?" Calypso asked as they walked away from camp in the opposite direction to the village and further into the large field. Scar didn't reply.

They walked like that for a short while until their campsite was but a speck in the distance. The further away from civilization they got, the more unsettled Calypso became. Every step forward seemed even heavier than the last, and his gut was screaming at him to just leave, but the curious part of him outweighed the rational one, justifying itself by saying that Scar hadn't done anything to hurt him before, why would he start now?

As Scar stopped abruptly, Calypso nearly ran into him, and was startled when Scar turned around just as suddenly. "Alright, time to begin." Scar said simply, cracking his knuckles now.

"Begin wha-" Before Calypso could even ask, Scar lifted his claws and pounced at the boy aggressively. In panic, Calypso ducked and rolled away just as he'd done against wild animals before, barely missing Scar's blow. "Whoa, whoa, stop, stop!" He shouted, but yet again, Scar pounced at him. "I don't want to hurt you!" He shouted, dodging similarly once more, but Scar did not ease up.

As Scar lunged for a third pounce, instead of ducking and rolling, Calypso raised his arms in an X to block his face. Scar's claws slashed into Calypso's arms deeper than he thought they would, but he took this opportunity to kick Scar in the stomach and grab one of his wrists. He used his strange grip on the man to attempt and lift, then drop him, but Scar proved too tall and heavy for Calypso to manage that, considering his small size, and ended up putting himself in even more danger. Now, Scar was basically pinning Calypso down. As Scar raised a fist, he gave Calypso the craziest look the boy had ever seen. Wide eyes and a grin too wide to possibly be comfortable, Scar brought his fist down as hard as he could onto Calypso's face. Scar was a powerful man, far more powerful than Calypso gave him credit for, and he already knew all of his muscle would be a force to be reckoned with. So by punch number two, he could already feel the world around him getting darker and darker.

"Come on, kid, it's no fun if you don't fight back!" Scar laughed, preparing for another hard punch.

Calypso couldn't do anything to stop Scar, so he just closed his eyes and braced for impact. He felt the third blow make contact and yelped out in pain like a kicked puppy, which only seemed to amuse Scar. Spitting a bit of blood into the grass beside him, Calypso meagerly asked, "Why are you doing this to me...?" No response, only an eerie cackle. As the fourth blow came down upon him, Calypso raised a hand in a feeble attempt to stop Scar's fist, Calypso closed his eyes tight again and flinched, preparing for the worst.

...but the blow never came. Opening his eyes and looking up, Calypso realized he was holding his father's bow. I don't remember taking this with me... Calypso pondered, furrowing his brow at the display before him. Scar, seemed both surprised and excited that his punch had been stopped by this bow and jumped back, allowing Calypso the opportunity to stand again. Both of them stood on the balls of their feet, ready for anything, but this time scar waited. Not interested in fighting, Calypso refused to attack first, and the two were at a stand still, circling one another and staring into each other's eyes expectantly.

Scar just kept on grinning, proceeding to taunt. "You gonna run like a coward or are you gonna fight me like a man?"

Now it was clear that his next test was this battle. Wanting to uphold his promise to Demyx and not let either of them down, Calypso put on a rather determined expression. "Either way, I'd be more of a man than you; you're expecting it." He taunted back with a smirk, and Scar just forced a laugh.

"Life is dangerous," Scar replied, "Lesson one: You can't trust anyone, not even your allies."

"Oh this is a lesson is it?" Calypso frowned. "I'll teach you a thing or two, alright!" As if it was second nature to him, Calypso lunged forward, bow in hand, swinging it as though it were a sword. He swung fast, but Scar dodged faster, and he didn't get in a single blow. The more frustrated he got, however, the harder he swung, and as he jabbed and swiped the bow this way and that, it began to glow with a pale green and yellow energy - Calypso's magic.

"That's it, that's it!" Scar said excitedly, unable to contain his maniacal laughter.

Growing more angry with Scar's amusement, Calypso pushed himself to try even harder, screaming as he began to attempt blow after blow, all of which Scar dodged with great skill. Then, after a short while of Calypso failing miserably to hit his attacker, Scar extended a leg, sweeping Calypso's feet from under him, then did a couple backflips away before Calypso could retaliate.

Groaning, both at the pain in his backside after falling and his arm after swinging so rapidly, Calypso stood a tad slowly, raising a hand to his face, which hurt more than anything else on his body. He lifted his bow to attack once more, but Scar didn't flinch as he'd done before in preparation to dodge, and his eyes were now fixed on his bow, not him.

Curious, Calypso looked up at the bow he held in the air and was bewildered by what he saw. No longer was he holding his father's bow, but rather a massive key. The key looked like a mass of musical notes blown into a large glass key, but it was sharp like a swordblade. It was mostly transparent through the glass, but the fine cut edges were more matte in finish, and there was mahogany swirling simultaneously decoratavely and protectively around the blade in the shape of a treble clef, and a solid iron was dotted here and there, mainly making up the leather-wrapped handle of which Calypso gripped.

"Congratulations," Scar said, standing up straight and no longer appearing ready to attack at any moment. He pressed his palms together, clapping, "You have passed the test."

Taking only a moment longer to look over his shifted bow, he gave Scar a look of frustration. "What kind of group is Organization XIII?" he asked with suspicion.

Scar just grinned. "Lets go back to Demyx; we'll explain everything."

~~~~~~

Upon approaching the dock Demyx was at before, they found that he hadn't moved, but rather than tuning his Sitar he was playing it. Standing behind him while he looked out over the ocean and played his music, Scar said, "He passed." and immediately Demyx stopped playing.

"He wields a keyblade?" Demyx asked, not even turning around.

Scar crossed his arms. "Yes, and it's rather unique."

Demyx stood, setting down his Sitar and turning around with an extended hand. "Show me."

The entire exchange made Calypso deeply uncomfortable, but before he could assert himself as he'd intended to do, Scar ripped the keyblade from his hands. "Hey, that's mine!" Calypso reached for it, and Scar extended it towards Demyx. Before Demyx could take it in his hands, the keyblade vanished and reappeared in Calypso's hands once more. Calypso was taken aback at first, then backed away a few steps, holding it up in preparation for another battle.

To his surprise, Demyx just laughed. "Perfect, it's the real deal!" Scar merely nodded.

"Alright, what the hell is going on? I feel that I deserve an explanation after all that's happened today!" Calypso said sternly, still stood prepped for battle.

Demyx chuckled, holding up his hands and taking a few steps closer. "Whoa, whoa, take it easy sport-"

Calypso immediately swung his blade forward so that the tip of it was pressed against Demyx's neck. "What is Organization XIII and why the bloody hell have you been so secretive about it?"

It chilled Calypso to the core when Demyx just smiled wider. "I like you a lot, kid." He said. Scar just stood in the background, oddly impressed with Calypso's behavior. "I'm starting to see how Axel got so attached..." He said cryptically, which only made Calypso even more frustrated.

"Answer the question." Calypso insisted, not about to admit that he was intimidated.

Demyx's personality seemed to completely change from there. It was like he was an entirely different person, one who struggled with empathy and had little to no personality. It was eerie, to say the least. His response was calm despite the blade at his throat and Calypso's attitude, "Do you know what a Nobody is?"

With a short, angry, "No." Calypso awaited the explanation.

"A Nobody is a creature that's lost it's heart to darkness." Demyx explained in an almost monotone. "It's a shell of it's former self, consisting of just body and soul."

Surprised, saddened, and still a bit confused, Calypso quietly mumbled, "...that's horrific..."

Furrowing his brow, Demyx appeared frustrated at a glance, but something about the void in his eyes told Calypso that Demyx didn't feel anything at all. "You think that, but you don't know that. Who are you to judge what you aren't?" He responded, continuing with examples. "Scar could say the same thing of humans, but that doesn't make being human horrific." He gestured to Calypso briefly, "Humans could say the same thing of dryads like yourself, but does that make your existence horrific?"

"No I suppose it doesn't," Calypso replied, eyes narrowed in deep confusion, "but what does this have to do with Organization XIII?"

Demyx's expression fell to that of one devoid of emotion, completely blank. "I am a Nobody." He admitted. "At first I thought myself incomplete, but after learning more about myself I realized that the circumstances of my existence don't make me any lesser to you. I have no heart, but that doesn't mean I'm missing something. Maybe whoever I was before is incomplete, but who I am now is not. There are others like me, Heartless too, and many more. Some chose the darkness, others were forced into it by fate, but however we ended up here, we're here, clinging to the comfort of darkness in our own ways." He paused. "There are those fighting for the light that want nothing more than to see our world destroyed, as if being of the darkness by default makes us evil or wrong, but we're not lesser for following a different path. King Mickey himself fights against us." With that statement alone, Calypso began to understand how serious Demyx's words really were.

"You're mad," He said, "You speak of rebellion."

"I speak of freedom to live under the rule of darkness in the realm of darkness! I speak of liberation from the overpowering light trying to quash me at every turn for being who I am!" He shouted, and then quieted and calmed again, somehow lacking in emotion behind his eyes and expression regardless of his volume. "Would you kill your own shadow for being what it is? Would you destroy the new moon for not being full, or a candle for not being lit? Would you?"

Calypso remained silent, digesting Demyx's words.

"Mickey and all who follow him closely seek to destroy the darkness and us with it. The dark is not all evil just as the light is not all good. I find comfort in the veil of darkness, others find comfort in the blinding rays of light. I would not seek to destroy the sun if they hadn't waged war on the new moon first, but that is what I fight for. That is what Organization XIII is about. Darkness, for what it is, not what the light thinks and pretends and wants it to be."

Finally understanding Demyx, Calypso first lowered his weapon, then dropped it to the floor, then walked forward, embracing Demyx.

"Aw, how quaint." Scar said almost mockingly, but Demyx ignored him, placing a hand atop Calypso's head and ruffling his hair.

A bit embarrassed, Calypso let go, fixing his hair and avoiding eye contact. "At first I thought all your secrecy was sinister. I misjudged you, and I threatened you for being cautious. I was wrong, and I am sorry."

Demyx smiled, his personality fading back, "We don't blame you, kid."

Smiling back, Calypso looked up at them. "How can I help?"

"That depends." Scar crossed his arms. "Where do you fall on the spectrum: are you of light or dark?"

"I..." Calypso began, but trailed off, taking a moment to think about his words before speaking them. "I'm not sure." He admitted. "If you had asked me a few days ago, I'd have probably thought the question was synonymous with 'are you good or evil' which I now know is just not true." He shrugged. "I think I need to have a better understanding of what the darkness really is before I can tell you what I am for sure."

"Fair enough," Scar responded, "but what if you decide you're of the light? How can we trust you then?"

Chuckling, Calypso smiled wider. "You'd want to keep me around even more, for in that case I'd be living proof that darkness and light can coexist. The light and dark may be different, but that doesn't mean that we should kill each other over it. That's lunacy. So even if I am of the light, I'm willing to fight for your cause, to show the world how wrong it really is."

Scar smiled back. "You were right, Demyx. He's different."

"Still," Calypso interjected. "I'm not sure how much more useful to you I can be." He was almost disappointed in himself.

Demyx bent down a bit, placing his hands on Calypso's shoulders. "You wield a keyblade, Calypso. That is a very special gift." He looked into Calypso's eyes, taking his every word seriously as he spoke with excitement. "We can train you, teach you how to use your gift. You will be one of the most important members of our organization for that fact alone." He grinned a wide, goofy grin. "Like a Knight of Darkness!"

Giggling, Calypso couldn't help but blush a bit, feeling proud to be told he held so much potential. "Thank you."

Demyx stood straight again, picking up his Sitar and headed towards the tents to get some rest. "We start tomorrow!" He said as he walked away. "Bright and early!"

Scar bent down to pick up Calypso's keyblade, handing it to him then patting him on the back. "Next time I won't go so easy on you." He said, following after Demyx. "Rest well, cub."

Calypso gave Scar a nervous smile as he left, then looked down at his keyblade in awe. As he looked down upon it, it glowed and emitted several small musical notes as it shimmered with magic, transforming back into his father's bow. Calypso shook his head; he'd had a long day. He looked up into the sunset thoughtfully, wondering a lot of different things. A million questions flowed through his mind like the waves all across the ocean before him, but he knew now wasn't the time to ask them, and that he'd get his answers in due time.

For now, he followed Scar and Demyx to their camp to tend to his minor wounds and get some rest. He'd need it if Scar was going to be even more difficult of a challenge.

~~~~~~

It had been several weeks of hard training. Every time Calypso felt he'd reached his limits, Demyx and Scar proved to him that he wasn't quite there yet. They pushed him further than he'd ever thought possibly, training him hard, cutting him no slack even when he begged for it. When the training first started, Calypso was angry and frustrated, but as he witnessed for himself how much more he was capable of when they pushed him, he began to appreciate their methods much more. "War isn't as nice as us, and trust me, by doing this we're being nice," Scar once said to him, and Calypso didn't think he could have said it any better.

He was put through many tests - swimming, climbing, hunting, fighting, running, walking, and more. He then was put through them again and again, and the more he put into them, the more he got out. After a long time of training and preparing, he had finally gotten to the point where Scar and Demyx thought it was about time to show him a bit closer what the darkness was capable of. Demyx opened a portal to the darkness, walking through it and inviting Calypso in with an extended hand.

"This is your final test. If you pass this one, you'll get your coat and become an official member of Organization XIII." Demyx said.

Without fear, Calypso took Demyx's hand and followed him and Scar into the void, the portal closing behind him.

"Welcome to Traverse Town." Scar opened another portal within the void, leading to another world.

This made Calypso extremely excited. "I-I get to go to another world!?" He exclaimed with his mouth agape in a wide smile.

Demyx nodded. "There's another keyblade weilder here, someone new to Mickey's cause and susceptible to the pull of darkness. They've been sent by King Mickey to destroy the heartless that get sent here. Stop the other keyblade wielder while they're weak."

"Don't disappoint us." Scar added, and then without giving Calypso a chance to even reply, Scar pushed him through, forcing him to fall.

At first he panicked, free falling down from a fairly great height with only the pavement below. Thinking fast, Calypso whistled and from behind his back a gust of wind forced his glider to catch him, breaking his fall by slowing him down and gently setting him on the ground. "Phew..." He admitted, standing and strapping his glider back behind his back as he took in his surroundings. "Where am I...?" He wondered aloud, looking up at all the tall and bizarre buildings around him. "Traverse Town, did he say?" Intrigued, Calypso began to walk around aimlessly, just getting a feel for his new setting.
    Last edited by CartelSaide; 11-11-2015 at 11:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Natharia had managed to make it to the hotel that was in District 2. She slowly took off all of her gear, wincing at the acheiness that was already beginning. She let out an exhausted sigh and as she laid back on the bed. Right as her head hit the pillow though her stomach growled. Of course. Right when I get comfortable. With a bit of a struggle she got back up and put on her coat and headed back in the direction of District 1 where she noticed all the food was. She thought she saw a store that had some delicious looking fruits.

With ever step it felt as though she was dragging a whole island behind her. Once she reached the gates that allowed her to enter the First District another heartless sprung up from the ground. Her Keyblade formed in her hand and she pushed all pain away. Before she attacked though she stared at the creature, feeling sorry for it. Her own words echoed through her head, Without bad there isn't anything good.. She took a step closer and the creature leaped towards her. She raised her Keyblade in defense and the creature burst on impact. With a sigh she watched the heart float back into the air.

Natharia opened the gate after her Keyblade vanished back to wherever it came from. As she opened the door she saw a young man who looked just as lost as she did when she got here. She was no expert but she figured she would go be friendly and see if there was anything specific he was looking for like she was. Who knew, maybe he was a Kayblade Wielder like she was.

As she approached him she looked down the steps as though they were the steepest hills in the land. At that point she thought about letting him find his own way and just go get the food like she was planning then going back to her room and sleep off her "lessons". She looked up at him one last time and decided that she would just ask, perhaps she could get some company for dinner.

She walked down the steps hiding the achy pain the best she could. "You look lost." She smiled and bowed her head respectfully as she approached. This was a custom where she called home. "My name is Natharia and though I might not be the greatest of help, perhaps I can at least point you in the right direction." She smiled.

Natharia had an odd feeling about this man and but she couldn't put her finger on it. Maybe it was the fact that there was no gummy ship behind him so the fact that he was standing before her and not splattered on the pavement. Or it was perhaps the fact that she was never really good with strangers and she was in a new world and she was feeling a bit anxious about that. Not to mention that she just got her butt handed to her by a stranger who was supposed to be her ally.
    Last edited by CuteLilRedhead; 12-16-2015 at 02:01 AM.