Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Seas of Plunder: A Map-Based Pirate Adventure

Month the of Member November
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Default [M] Seas of Plunder: A Map-Based Pirate Adventure

Seas of Plunder: A Map-Based Pirate Adventure.

A game by Crazywolf.

Ahoy there fellow roleplayers. What I am offering here is a map-based roleplay. This is something I've not seen here on this site before but is a type of game I have run previously elsewhere.

In this game you will each play as a pirate captain with your own ship. The aim is to gain as much treasure as possible by capturing other ships. Be wary though for a pirate's life is full of danger. Aside from braving perilous storms a pirate must also evade the deadly warships sent out specifically to hunt them down. Rumours abound too of monstrous sea creatures that rise from the deeps to attack passing vessels. And then there are the sightings of ghost ships. The seas here are indeed perilous.

How this works is that each player picks a random map-spot to start in and can then move one space per turn. Each spot on the map then contains a random hidden encounter. After you tell me your moves I will then inform you what you have encountered on that space after which you can then write up a post for your character.

I expect the game to run for about 5 turns, at the end I will reveal which pirate captain has acquired the most loot, assuming of course you all survive the perils of the ocean.

Spoiler: map 

Notes on the Setting:

The sea where this game takes place is like a fantasy equivalent to the Caribbean. The map is made up of island-nations. The three most powerful of these are Iagos, Kol and Celestria. These three between them have rule over many other islands though some islands still remain independent. Many independent islands are havens for pirates.

Rules:

1. All RPA rules apply
    2. Tell me if you are dropping out. I don't mind if someone needs to miss a turn but if you do need to do that please let me know. Each turn will last 1 week, or until everyone is ready to move again. This equates to roughly 1 week in character time.

Spoiler: Character sheet 

There are 6 spots available. You are welcome to reserve.

1. Captain Fin Armani (DistortedReality)
    2. Captain Bo Blackheart (AmericanEmperor)
    3. Captain Robert Skren(Vee)

IC thread
    Last edited by Crazywolf; 03-23-2015 at 12:50 AM.
    Born to be a king & fighting to survive in a world with the darkest powers.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Wanderlust
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Oooh! Oooh! Totes Reserved!

I just...used the word totes...didn't I...

Made by Karmz <3
    Spoiler: Muffins inside 

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Done.

The Fresh Prince of Britain • RPAs personal wolf fetish • RPA's Wolf Mascot • Crazy the Wolfheart

Wanderlust
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Name: Fin Armani
    Personality: Fin can be quite arrogant and thoroughly believes that he is utterly amazing. He cares immensely for his crew though and does his best to make sure each of them come back from their various adventures. During stressful situations as are common amongst the pirate lifestyle Fin becomes calm and collected issuing orders and handling danger in the most efficient way possible. Outside of danger he can be quite hot-headed, especially if you joke about his hair which he says is his most valuable treasure. Overall he is a ruthless pirate who loves himself and his hair...seriously don't joke about his hair.
    Appearance:
    Spoiler: Fin 

Background: Fin grew up in a posh house with posh parents who wanted Fin to be a posh individual. However you know what they say about best laid plans. Fin was a rebellious child who was constantly punished for "Not wearing shoes and socks," or "Throwing food at house guests." Pretty much any form of entertainment Fin found fun was the opposite for his parents. They attempted all sorts of reform but Fin would never fit into the lifestyle that his parents wanted for him. So he did what any rebellious child would do...he ran away, but at the age of 20. But in true pirate fashion he stole all their valuables which allowed him to buy a small ship and hire a small crew. And ever since then Fin has been building his reputation and more importantly his gold stash.

Ship Name: The Lust of Atlantis
    Armaments: 32 cannons 16 on each side, small armory of swords and pistols stashed under the decks.
    Crew Size: 125 crewman
    Ship Image:
    Spoiler: Lust of Atlantis 

Bam, do tell me if there are any problems :3
    Made by Karmz <3

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

All looks good.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

I love this! This reminds me of Battleship. You know, like the board game?
    This looks really awesome. Excellent set up and explanation! Great job, Crazywolf!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Thank you Kiki.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Well Distorted so far it seems like only you. Really though I think it would be better to have at least 2 players. I'll leave the thread up until tomorrow, if no-one comes then by then I'll close the game and cancel it. maybe I can reboot it at a later date.

Wanderlust
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Well that's unfortunate I was quite looking forward to it~ Ah well. It was something new and interesting so at least you have that xP maybe next time when you attempt to reboot it put up an interest thread?
    Made by Karmz <3

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)

Yeh that was my thought. Next time I'll start with an interest thread and maybe even get a few suggestions on things to add.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast