Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble Gift [M; Ashen & AyJay]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Smiling, Hans shook his head. "My wife is a bit old school." He said with a small laugh. "She refuses mobile phones of any kind." He said before nodding. "Thank you for the offer, but there's a payphone around the corner." He said, hobbling off in that direction before turning the corner and disappearing home.

"Hans?"

Zeiss felt it was strange to be left. Why? He could feel someone different holding his prison. Hugging his knees closer, he sighed and rolled to the side, the soft chime sounding throughout as he wondered what would happen next.
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sykes tucked his phone back in his pocket and leaned against the store's wall. He looked around as he waited. People seemed to be making their way home. That was where he'd be headed if not for this stupid old man. A wife who wouldn't let him have a phone? Pah. Sykes sighed and awaited his return.

But he wasn't returning. Sykes was growing impatient very quickly. He had things to do. Figuring the man would be back soon, he retreated into the store. He set the box on the counter and got his things ready to go. After taking up the box again and locking up the shop, he looked around for the man. "Hey, uh, dude?" he called. "Are you... coming back for this?"
    Last edited by Ashen; 08-16-2015 at 03:14 AM.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Of course, no one answered him. Hans was long home, eating dinner with his elderly wife as she tried to soothe him about leaving Zeiss in someone else's care. He didn't want to, but the music box needed a better master than some old man.

As of hearing his old master's thoughts, there was a soft jingle of music; barely audible, but there. A few notes hung softly in the air before the music box fell into silence once more, the entity inside it quieting down slightly.
    Last edited by Argon Jaden; 06-22-2016 at 10:03 PM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

But the man was not coming back. Sykes got tired of waiting. He needed to get home. The guy had probably forgotten--old people often were forgetting everything. Maybe he would come back tomorrow. With that thought, Sykes packed the strange music box away, and he headed home.

Once home, Sykes set the music box on his bed and stared at it. What was it, anyway? The man wouldn't mind if he opened it, would he? So Sykes sat next to the box, and he pressed pale fingers into the groove separating the top of the box from the bottom. He gently tried to open it, wondering what he would find.

~Recruitment Thread~

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

It had been a long time, Zeiss could tell. Partly, he was curious to see the new face, partly, he was scared of being thrown away. He could see and feel warmth on the doorway of his prison and his breath hitched in excitement. He was going to get out!! He was being released.

A soft, bell-like melody drifted from the music box as the small, silver figure of a slim youth playing the flute hid inside the silver and blue music box.
    Last edited by Argon Jaden; 06-22-2016 at 10:04 PM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sykes stared down at the music box with a blank expression. Well, it was playing music. He wasn't quite sure what he was expecting. But as the music continued, something came into view. It looked like a hologram of someone playing the flute, like Sykes himself had done years ago. But the more he looked at it, the less it looked like a hologram. Sykes set the box, open, on his bed and watched it. He wasn't sure what to do with it.

The little figure in the box was freaking him out a little bit. If it wasn't a hologram, what was it? It didn't look like a normal music box, with a little ballerina of sorts dancing on a spring in the middle. The boy in the box seemed to be moving as he was playing. "What are you?" Sykes asked, but he was expecting no answer.

~Recruitment Thread~

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The soft tinkle of bells sounded from the music box and the silvery image danced on top of his tiny platform, as if playing in time to the sweet and soft, yet slightly haunting tune. Zeiss could see the new face now, and physically, he looked a bit taller and more filled than his ridiculously petite form. The song continued playing softly as the figure twirled in time to the music.

The figure's strangely bright blue eyes glinted slightly and the silverette began to hum lightly to the beautiful melody that was slowly filling the room.
    Last edited by Argon Jaden; 06-22-2016 at 10:06 PM.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

This thing was really creeping him out. Sykes didn't know if it was his imagination or what, but he could have sworn this little figure thing was staring at him. Sizing him up. What was this thing, anyway? Maybe the old man had meant to leave it with him. But why on earth would he want that? Sykes smirked as he thought, Maybe it creeped him out, too.

Sykes turned away from the box. "Look dude," he said, as if it could even hear him. "I've got things to do." He pulled off his shirt and threw it by his bed. As he made his way to his bathroom he threw other parts of clothing aside. It had been a long day, and he needed a shower. He could worry about the box much later.

~Recruitment Thread~

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"E-eh?" His humming abruptly stopped and the music box quieted down on its own. The disembodied voice sounded out in confusion as he watched. Zeiss didn't know how he could be creepy. Hans often described him as strange, but never creepy. Pursing his lips, his invisible figure floated through the air before passing through the door.

"Um... Im sorry?" He started, curiously circling the other. His voice sounded out as whispers, and his blue eyes curiously surveyed the other. "How are you feeling?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sykes was preparing to get into the shower when he heard a voice. Figuring it was his imagination, he turned the water on. He set it to hot, probably too hot for the average person, and stepped into the shower. But then he went over the words in his head. How are you feeling?

Sykes could not remember the last time he'd been asked that question. He was a solitary fellow, often avoided, and people didn't care to know the answer. Why would he be imaging that now? He was over waiting for other people to care. He had no reason to be imaging that. But then... What if he hadn't imagined it? The voice was small, almost childlike. Perhaps... No, ghosts weren't real, and his brother was dead. He was long dead. As the water rushed down his body, Sykes cleared his throat. "Who's there?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast