Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334

Thread: Humble Gift [M; Ashen & AyJay]

The Ashen One
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sykes wasn't much one for public displays of affection, but he let Zeiss give him a kiss and rolled his eyes. He listened to him, chuckling slightly. When Phoebe appeared, though, Sykes let out a little sigh. In the four years he'd known her, he never grew to like her, but he could tolerate her much better now. She was the reason Zeiss was still around, after all, so he couldn't hate her after that. He didn't like that she had remembered his book signing, and he hoped she wouldn't come. The whole ordeal was mentally taxing enough without her there.

Sykes turned his attention back to his boyfriend and laughed again. "What's with the twenty questions, Mom?" he said. "I'll be fine, Zeiss. Though I could use some coffee. I need something to get me awake enough for this." He looked over to Evie and Phoebe, who were now loudly talking about them. Sexy animals... Sykes didn't think he'd mind that all that much. He sighed at them. "Whatever," he muttered. They asked for a picture though, and that's where Sykes shook his head. He really didn't like pictures, but if Zeiss needed one to be let off... He turned back to Zeiss and returned the kiss, just in time for Evie to snap a photo. "Delete that," Sykes said once he was finished, but he knew his words were pointless.

He shook his head of them and turned back to Zeiss. "You'd better get out of that before I have to fight off the other guys over you," he said. "We have time though. I don't have to be at the bookshop for another... two hours, it looks like. So why don't we just enjoy our time while we can?"
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"I'm not your mom." Zeiss said with a sigh. Over the years, the mom jokes have been steadily increasing. From the distance, Evie waved the camera and winked, Phoebe giggling beside him.

"I'll be posting this and printing it. Tell me if you want a copy." The redhead told Sykes as Zeiss scurried off once more, talking quietly to Sable who began making a mug of coffee for Sykes and green tea latte for Zeiss, helping him put it on a tray along with two sliced of blueberry cheesecake. "Well, at least we're all glad he isn't limping. But really, that dress suits him." A laugh escaped Evie as he smirked at Sykes. "Your little boyfriend had guys pretty much approaching him every fifteen minutes." As if on cue, some random person tried to step in Zeiss's path, but the silverette smiled politely and sidestepped, joining them once again. "I think it's because he looks so innocent though." The redhead finished, before gesturing towards an empty table.

Zeiss narrowed his eyes slightly. "Why do I have a feeling that you were saying something weird again?" He asked the red haired manager. Evie just laughed.

"Your imagination, anyway, Phoebe, let's get back to work." He turned to Zeiss. "You better change before your boyfie here looses his temper with all the guys checking you out." At That, the silverette paled, watching Evie excuse himself with a flourish. Zeiss pursed his lips and excused himself, almost running to the staff room in order to dodge some of the men who were already approaching him.

After ten minutes, he came back out in a pair of black jeans and a button-up, trying to comb the extra waves Phoebe had forced on his already messy hair. Upon closer inspection, his lips still half some gloss to them. Sitting opposite to Sykes, Zeiss sighed. "Sorry I took a while." He apologized, taking a sip of his latte and smiling. "How was your morning?" While he was usually up early to cook breakfast, Evie had been a pain and asked him to come in earlier because of the extra preparations. All Zeiss had time to cook were eggs, bacon and French toast, before he jumped in the shower and pretty much rushed out the house as quietly as he could.
    Last edited by Argon Jaden; 06-29-2016 at 05:54 PM.
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sykes wasn't exactly excited to hear of Evie's and Phoebe's plans for his photo. After so long of putting up with the two of them, he had grown used to stunts like this, and now he had no trouble subsiding his anger. He only let out a sigh. "They'd better leave him alone," he said, referring to all the men that had approached Zeiss. "Otherwise they'll have someone else to fight through." He looked up at Zeiss. "Maybe you shouldn't be working here after all." But Sykes was only kidding. He knew he didn't have to worry about Zeiss cheating, and it was amusing to him, poking fun of the flustered kid. "You really are hopeless."

He was glad to see Evie and Phoebe leave. Sykes waited for Zeiss to return, then took in the sight of him in more normal clothes. When he approached, Sykes ruffled his hair, trying to return it to the messy look he loved. He took a seat and sipped at his coffee. "My morning was alright," he answered. "I finished the newest chapter of my comic. You're going to love it, really. Rya finally meets the woman she's been looking for, but it turns out she's a--no, wait, I don't want to spoil it. You'll see." He took up the slice of cheesecake and took a messy bite. "How was yours? Have they been on your case all day?"

Sykes was looking a lot happier lately. The way he was able to get excited over his comic, or the way he was able to shrug off those who annoyed him... Zeiss had matured him, and had brought the life back to an otherwise vacant shell. All the regulars of the cafe had noticed even, and they watched the two with small smiles. They'd come a long way together, and they both seemed better for it.

~Recruitment Thread~

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

He let out a surprised yelp when his hair was messed up even more, though it somewhat helped. Still, he smiled and took a sip of his green tea. "They're starting to rub off on you, aren't they?" He asked, sighing dramatically as he forked a small portion of cheesecake in his mouth. Zeiss had baked at lest seven of these, and there were rarely any leftovers. He listened to Sykes talk about his new book before laughing softly.

"You're holding back! You're giving me teasers and then you hold back. It's unfair." Though clearly, Zeiss was just as excited about getting his hands on it. Despite the fact that he could just ask for a copy, he preferred buying it just like everyone else. Noticing the messy way his boyfriend was eating, the silverette sighed and leaned in to wipe his face with a napkin. "You're such a messy eater, you know." He didn't sound mad about it though. He sounded fond, and quite happy instead. Sitting back down, he ate small forkfuls at the time, relishing the taste as he nodded. "All day. After dressing up, they wanted a pictorial, and then, Phoebe had this crazy idea of changing me into a wedding gown." His blue eyes glittered. "Evie has a picture wearing the gown too! But we opened an hour late because he and... well... they got distracted in the break room." He muttered, ears turning bright red before he shook his head. There were times when Evie was so unprofessional, but he was a good boss.

Gently bumping his foot with Sykes, Phoebe watched on as the two talked, with Zeiss often laughing softly before returning whatever they were talking about. It was nice, seeing them both so happy. She padded at her eyes and warned herself a curious look from Evie. The girl flapped her hand. "Oh ignore me... it's just, my babies grew up so fast." She said, earning a laugh from Evie. Wiping her eyes, she approached them and grinned. "Hate to cut the sparkles and love floating in the air, but you two should get going." She said, gesturing at the clock. Zeiss nodded and quietly thanked her, about to pull out his wallet when Evie stopped him.

"My treat, now get out of my shop." He said, watching them exit with a smile. It's pretty good. "They're both good for each other, don't you agree?" He asked Phoebe, who sighed dramatically and nodded.

Back outside, Zeiss was still talking about the last chapter he had seen. "I didn't expect that though! I thought she was just gonna give up and all! And then you twist it that way. I didn't see that one coming so it was a shock. But a good one." He rambled, sounding much too excited, and it showed throughout the entire trip to Lazy Afternoons. Before they entered though, Zeiss stopped him with a light tug on his arm.

He looked to the side, feeling his ears and cheeks burn. "I don't really think I've told you this before, but I'm really, really proud of you." He said, smiling brightly. "Everyone is, and I'm very happy to see you happy." He said with a grin, trying not to blush hard, only to fail. "I said something embarrassing, didn't I?" He whined, covering his cheeks in attempt to cool them down.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Sykes thoroughly enjoyed his afternoon with Zeiss. The spent a long while chatting and laguhing in that cafe over their cheesecake. He could feel others' eyes on him, but Sykes didn't care about thim. All who mattered was Zeiss, and he was glad he had him by his side. He hadn't been paying attention to the time, so when Evie reminded him to leave he bowed his thanks, and the two of them were off.

Outside, Sykes was excited to hear all of Zeiss's comments. "You thought that was a game changer?" he asked. "Oh just wait until next chapter! I've got so much planned for Rya. I think it'll have you in tears, really. I spent a lot of time thinking it through, and I know just where she's going to be going." He walked along jollily, giving away very vague hints about his comic. When Zeiss pulled him aside, Sykes cocked his head. He was... proud of him? That brought a smile to his lips. "You don't have to be so flustered," he said. "We've been dating for four years now. It's okay, you know." Zeiss's response got a laugh out of Sykes. "Thanks. It's really nice hearing those words. It's all because of you, you know. It's because of you I could make it here at all."

And then it was time. Sykes went inside and greeted the store owner. He then got right into his seat, watching as everyone came to get his autograph. It was such a strange experience, people knowing his name, wanting his autograph, enjoying his works. He tried his best to mingle with his fans, causing awkward moments to arise. Overall, the introvert managed to deal with the crowds while remaining calm.

Every so often, he would glance up at Zeiss. It had been a long ride to this point, but he could not have asked for a better partner for the ride. Beyond that, he was excited. He was excited to continue this journey of life with his best friend and boyfriend.

~Recruitment Thread~

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Zeiss's blue eyes softened, and he resisted the urge to kiss his boyfriend right there and then. 'I didn't do much, you know.' He thought, wanting to protest, though instead, he linked their hands, smiling brightly up at him. 'I just helped you along your way.' Another smile placed on his lips as he let go. "What're you saying? You're the one doing the book signing, so it's definitely all you." He said, be for giving into his urges and standing up and pecking him on the cheek. "Though, I guess I did help you along." The silverette added with a laugh before slimming off to the side. This was Sykes's time to shine though, not his. Plus, he was a lot happier staying in the sidelines.

There were some awkward and cute moments, like when an excite fan began ranting and Sykes looked utterly at lost, and though he knew his boyfriend might tell him to delete the pictures later, he continued taking shots. Every so often, an admirer would step forward, expressing their feelings. Despite not rushing forward, he pouted and sulked jealously at the sidelines. But every smile and knowing look sent his way made it all the more worth it. It made him feel needed and loved, though he did admit he got a bit jealous at some point, especially with that pretty young lady with red hair. She seemed persistent.

Overall, it was a new experience and Zeiss decided to slip as the last in line, his own copy of the book in hand. Grinning happily, the silverette set the book down. "Mind signing it for me? I'm a big fan of the series." He said, noticing lingering eyes on them both. Waiting for the book to be signed, he immediately leaned in for a peck. "Come on. Let's pack up. I'm going to cook a feast tonight! What do you want to eat?" He asked, laughing lightly as he hugged the book to his chest.

He was happy, and couldn't really help himself from sliding close. Two hundred and twenty years were taken from him. But looking back now, it was worth it, and he was glad to have met the man who had saved him. "I love you." He's said it a lot of times now, and heard it quite a lot too. "So tell me what you want later when we get home. I'll do it! It's my congratulatory gift!" Sure, they'd run into bumps in the future, but Zeiss was sure, completely positive, that they'd live the end of their lives together.

After all, as long as they could be together, it's the best, and most humble gift they could receive.

♡ ~ The End ~ ♡

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 323334