Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Riders of the Wood

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy mostly, but being a roleplay lover, I am up for anything!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Riders of the Wood

Hello everyone! I'm sure you are here to read what this role-play is about, so let's get to it!
    For centuries, the city of Callihana has stood it's ground in the middle of a forest which covers most of a single continent, only stopping and fading to large bushes at the beaches and certain lake areas. It breaks into large meadows in certain areas where horses and wild mule would roam the hills, only for the meadow to be swallowed back up by the immense forest. This city was more like a kingdom, it had large walls, good protection, Food, shelter, and most importantly, wealth. All sorts of creatures choose to subside here and in the forest. Many of them including dragons, gryphons, fairies/nymphs, Phoenix's, The occasional hydra, and many others. however, there are also many races such as humans, orcs, the rare centaur, and half angels/demons. Others subside as well, but those are the most known. The city has a council, not a king. They don't believe in having one man make all the decisions. The council had been discussing that they had wished to sign a contract to convert the city into a kingdom. It had met all the requirements, they had more than enough money, and it would be an easy conversion. However, their defense had been recently attacked. This is where the organization comes in. Riders of the dawn. R.O.T.D. for short. The organization consisted of six ranks. fledgling, trainee, day watcher, night watcher, captain, overseer. There can only be six of the higher rank, twelve of the one before that, twenty four of the night watch, forty eight of the day watch, and an unlimited amount of trainee's and fledglings. Each rank had the right to choose which profession the had wanted to go into. Each overseer had one category to train and teach the rest in, they could also choose one apprentice to train to take over their spot once they have passed, yet this did not guarantee their admittance into the overseers, as they were just getting advanced training. One overseer for wolf riding. one of kelpie (Water horse) and Pegasus (Winged horse) riding, one of dragon riding, one of gryphon riding, and one of chimera riding. The fledgling would choose which of these to become a part of a part of, get training for it, then they would choose their companion just before the rank of day watcher, after they had sworn into the R.O.T.D. to prove their alliance. The R.O.T.D. was created to protect and serve the people and council of Callihana. Their defense was recently attacked and all six overseers were murdered in their homes. Many officers were too afraid to step up. So... Will you step up and take on the responsibilities?

RULES

1.) No god-modding.
    2.) Up to five characters per person, can't make more than one captain.
    3.) No one liner replies.
    4.) Post once every three-four days or we will move on until you join again.
    5.) Take OOC fights elsewhere.
    6.) No character pictures that are too sexual or reveal to much.
    7.) Please completely fill out C.S.
    8.) If you wish to kill off someone's character, ask them first. If you do not we will act as if it didn't happen.
    9.) No over-powered characters.
    10.) HAVE FUN!!! (Most important rule!!!)

Before you PM me asking questions, lets see if I can answer them here:

Spoiler: Questions 

Anything I didn't answer above just ask here or PM me!

And now for the C.S.!
    Spoiler: humanoid C.S. 

Spoiler: creature C.S. 

NOTE: This role-play is looking for loyal and serious role-players willing to stay with us, also if you wish for someone to be your mount, either ask them directly or put it below your C.S. Here is the link to the I.C.! Good luck and happy role-playing!

Spoiler: Riders that need a mount 

Spoiler: Mounts that need a rider 

Current problem: A neighboring kingdom which specializes in trades have heard of the news that the city is going to expand. The kin knows that once they are considered a kingdom, more than half of his tradesmen would convert to that kingdom because of it's accessibility and crop quality, so he has been sending in spies and rouges to poison the crops and sabotage their agriculture. None have succeeded yet, but it is now up to the R.O.T.D. members to stop both the angry king and spies. Severity: Needs to be taken care of.
    Last edited by Rawr; 05-30-2015 at 06:37 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Raimee Ravideer
    Race: Human
    Spoiler: Image 
    Occupation/rank & mount type: Raimee is a captain of the wolf riders.
    Mount: Amara
    Spoiler: Bio 
    Likes: Her favorite food is muffins and other pastries. Her favorite color is Blue.
    Dislikes: Hates the color orange and hates most vegetables.
    Personality: Raimee is a kind and caring individual, but is near unstoppable when she is angry. She is willing to talk to anyone that approaches her but usually won't approach people.
    Wealth: Poor, hopping from inn to inn with her vouchers.
    Extra: Raimee is skilled in many fighting styles and her favorite weapon is a crossbow. Aside from keeping the city safe, her side job is to hunt for food in the forest to bring back and sell it butchers. She is skilled in skinning.
    Last edited by Rawr; 05-29-2015 at 03:47 AM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hey there, Rawr.

Your intro post is a bit laden and heavy with detail - which is a great thing! - but perhaps you might want to utilize spoilers to keep things organized? Just a friendly suggestion.

Happy recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Fantasy romance, fantasy, hell just any.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It looks like a lot of fun. May i?

i promise I'm working on my cs... I'm just stuck on the bio... as usuall.. o.o. should have it up real soon thought. cross my heart.
    Last edited by xFavoritexPainx; 05-01-2015 at 05:37 AM.
    Dying, dying is easy. In Death you find peace.
    Now Living, living is hard. There is no peace, only torture.

Spoiler: Enjoy Horror? 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love to join if you don't mind I will write up a character sheet in a few hours
    Spoiler: My rules^_^ 

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's great! You two can make a CS when you're ready!

Fantasy and just about everything else
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Here is my character sheet if there are any problems just inform me so I can edit. Hope i can join.

Name: Rodan
    Race: Human
    Spoiler: Appearance 

Occupation/rank & mount type: Officer & Dragon Rider
    Mount: Angelis
    Spoiler: Biography 

Likes: Hunting, sunny days, events in the city, music and parties.
    Dislikes: isolation, rain, paperwork and spiders
    Personality: Rodan is a lighthearted and highly skilled warrior. He puts other's needs first before his own and will do anything for friends. He constantly gives to the community and won't turn down a good party.
    Wealth: Middle class, Rodan works for a nearby smith when he isn't working for the R.O.T.D. and uses only enough for food and water. The remainder of his money goes to the R.O.T.D.
    Extra: Lives in a small house on the outer part of town about half a mile from the R.O.T.D. headquarters. Weapons consist of a boot knife, a long sword, and throwing spears.
    Last edited by Cole D.; 05-04-2015 at 03:05 PM.

-Cole Derpius
    Paladin of Ilmater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Accepted! If you want I can make a C.S. to playas your dragon.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, one more person and i'll put the I.C. up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That's fine with me
    Do you still need a Wolf?
    I got some ideas and maybe a person i can get interested into being a wolf.... that is a maybe though but if he agrees i think the results will be grand.

-Cole Derpius
    Paladin of Ilmater

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry RPA glitched
    Last edited by Cole D.; 05-03-2015 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Edited due to repetition

-Cole Derpius
    Paladin of Ilmater

Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast