Spoiler: Hell's Gate 

Spoiler: Regressors 

Spoiler: Character Sheet 

Spoiler: Guidelines of Respect 

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS:

Chesterfield Q. Reuchlin played by Craze

Doctor Professor Filius Ezekiel Hyde played by Craze

Michael Scott played by Clyde
    Last edited by Dr. Insano; 05-06-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Ketchup Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Hi Dr. Insano

I really love the name of this RP - it's quite beautiful. Awesome awesome job on the use of spoilers, looks really good.

Good luck with recruiting!

In the meantime, might I offer some friendly suggestions to help you on your way?

Take a look at the Roleplay of the Week thread! If you need a banner for a submission for RP of the Week, then check out the Banner Shop!

You can also look at the Roleplaying Games Directory to advertise your RP. Staff would be happy to help you advertise your Roleplay both here and in the RPA Tribune.

Any questions, feel free to PM!

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Dark Fantasy, Steampunk, Cyberpunk, Fanfic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the compliments and the links, KiKi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Richard Diez

Alias: “The Bodyguard”

Messier Catalogue Number: LN-603

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Normal Clothes 

Spoiler: When on a Job 

Contractor, Doll, or Normal: Contractor

Organization: The Syndicate

History: Richard was born in a small village in Brazil. He lived a normal life with a father, mother, and two younger sisters until Heaven’s Gate appeared. It was then that he discovered that he contracted these abilities. It was nothing at first, just simple magic tricks that he did to entertain the younger kids in the village, but then men in suits came to take him away from his friends, his family. Ever since he’s been working as special ops for the Sydicate as a lone operative.

Ablities:
    Peak physical fitness: Richard has been working nearly his whole life with the idea that his body is a temple. As such he rarely eats junk food and work to keep himself in shape whenever he can.

Master Marksman: Since his line of work is usually dangerous and his powers won’t get him out of a problem every time, Richard has practiced with nearly every type of rifle and pistol and is deadly accurate with them. If it fires bullets and is functioning he can kill.

Weapons:
    Beretta 90two
    Basic Survival Knife
    8 Inch Garochte

Contractor Power:
    Spacial Distortion: This power allows Richard to create “pocket dimensions” at will allowing him to store an unknown amount of items in them. As such this gives him a seemingly unlimited armory.

Obeisance:
    Sense Deprication: Richard’s price for his power is that he must take away one of his senses after using it. As such he carries around a blindfold, earplugs, and a special drug that takes away taste for an hour after ingestion. This can also be accomplished by sleeping as technically your sight is not being used.
    Last edited by Dr. Insano; 05-04-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Name: Dusk Lu’men

Alias: The Nightmare

Messier Catalogue Number: NM-666

Appearance: Dusk stands at 5’8” and weighs approximately 130 pounds, he is extremely slim, and lanky. His pale skin is only made paler by the jet black hair he keeps cut short and slicked back. He is typically clad in all black. A long black jacket, concealing several daggers, over a simple black shirt, black jeans, and black steal-toe boots.

Contractor

History: Dusk was raised in an extremely religious home. His father was a priest and Dusk was expected to dedicate his life to the faith. For several years he tried to be the perfect son, tried to do all his parents asked of him, until the day his power manifested. He was working in the church when another priest tried to take advantage of him, when Dusk screamed out in protest, the candles flickered, and the shadow they cast on the wall attack the priest. Those who bore witness swore he was possessed by the devil, and ran him out of the church. His father disowned him, and cursed that his son would allow the devil inside. So Dusk made a life on the street using his power and learning the skills of a thief. Until one day a group from the Syndicate attacked him, he barely managed to escape with his life, and offered nearly all of his body to the shadows afterwards. The fight forced his hand and he sought out Section 3, in order to protect himself, and has been a member fighting against the Syndicate ever since.

Abilities:

Eye for Detail: Dusk has learned to absorb every detail around him, soaking in the vast amounts of sensory knowledge and combing thorough it in the moment.

Deft Hands: Dusk is quick with his hands and fingers, able to effortlessly throw his daggers with precision, as well as pick locks, and pickpocket those around him.

Weapons:

Daggers of Varying Size
    Lockpicks

Contractor Power: Dusk is capable of manipulating shadows, creating physical manifestations of darkness as weapons or aids. From simply summoning whips of shadow, to cloaking himself to vanish, or manipulating the shadows of other object to create illusions. The more effort required, the greater the price.

Obeisance: Dusk must give up part of his physical body to the shadows in return for using their power, the part of his body offered becomes an ephemeral version of itself, unable to interact with the physical world. The more of the shadows he calls on, the more of his body he must offer in return, it remains ephemeral for six hours, six minutes, and six seconds.
    "Nothing marks a man’s character better than his attraction to intelligence." Terry Goodkind (Prelate Annalina), Soul of the Fire

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

May I be a Contractor?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

@Avernus - just a couple of things that I don't like with the sheet. First is the name. I don't really think anyone would realistically name their child Dusk. If it's a nickname then I'll allow it, but please choose a more normal name. Second is your power. I should have explained this better up above, but I guess it's better late than never. These powers are not magic, but are instead based on some sort of science no matter how extreme. For example, Richard's powers are based on actually technology that was introduced in the anime series. Shadows are not and cannot be physical objects that interact with the world unless you explain it supremely well to me on how it can be plausible. Also there's the problem with your Obeisance. Prices are supposed to be something that the character does themselves or to themselves, not as a side effect. Also explain what an ephemeral form of his body it. Does it make it invisible? If it cannot interact with the world does that also mean that if he gives up a leg that he cannot stand? Also, powers aren't supposed to be used in order to use their price otherwise they would keep paying said price.

Also, when you say that your character has sought out Section 3, these Organizations aren't simply joined unless it's a well known government agency such as MI-6. Section 3 is a black ops division. You don't find them, they find you.

- - - Updated - - -

@Clyde - sure thing
    Last edited by Dr. Insano; 05-04-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sorry for the double post, but I've also added a section for the Character Sheet so you can put down which Organization you belong to.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

W.I.P.

Name: Micheal Scott

Alias: Riot

Messier Catalogue Number: XC-208

Appearance:
    A prowler of the night maybe, his skin was so ashen and gray, nearly bone white his hair, with piercing red eyes like a demon. Is what the records would say. A barb wire tattoo on his wrist, and an odd clash off colors on his skin. With a bright red shirt, and an over sized olive green sweater that looked like it belonged to someone's grandfather. The shoulder stained with blood and a loose handcuff on his thin wrist. A pair of cargo pants, fitted in a pair of militant looking boots. And all though he did not have the intimidating size of a man at six foot, he carried himself with a confidence that made him feel like he stood taller than 5'3". Or made him look heavier, than a lean muscular body of 118 pounds.

Spoiler: Riot 

Contractor, Doll, or Normal: Contractor

History:
    No one ever wants to be bad, is what they say. My mom says that I came out the womb the son of the devil she said, with the eyes of a demon. My dad never wanted anything to do with me. Told the neighbors once my mother fucked Lucifer. No matter what I was brought up poor, not a lot of money, not a very big house. And even the god damn fucking school thought I was a freak. No one wants to be bad, but when the world treats you bad, then there's only one thing you can do. Not disappoint anyone. The first time I stole anything, that was back in elementary. I took a teacher's eraser.

Okay so that doesn't count as stealing, but I remember the thrill of not getting caught. I remember the thrill and sensation. A kind of adrenaline kick that my life needed, a swollen pussy tumor of my life, and stealing was my cure. The second time I stole was much bigger, well I felt bad, I felt big. I felt really big that time, I was ten, and I took a book from a book sale. Again, there was the release of puss in this swollen tumor and I felt alive. No one wanted to be bad, but if they could judge based off of appearances. Than I could give them what they wanted. I could give the demon they always dreamt of.

When I was twelve, it's the first time I did something real big. I remember the anxiety of it all. I walked into the grocery store. Yeah, seems silly now, but I remember thinking maybe I'd get caught in such a big place with so many adults. Pfft, no one noticed the short kid with the lack of presence. And I kept hitting that store again, again, and again until they installed cameras.

And that's how I rolled as I grew up. Crime, after crime. Turning me into the very thing they all feared. When I was in my twenties, I did a big robbery heist with some people I knew. I got good knowing the underground. But I was caught. Four years behind a different violent jungle. Four years behind a zoo of people. But it was in this zoo that I learned my powers. It''s how I managed to escape. It's also how I managed to figure out I wasn't just the albino demon, I was A Demon with Powers.

Abilities:

Street Fighting- Maybe it was an influence of the time he spent locked up. He was never given any formal training, just get your teeth kicked in a few times enough and you learn how to fight back. It might be sloppy jail boxing, but he can pack a few punches and kicks despite his short stature.

Appraisal- Due to his criminal nature and background, particularly robbery and armed robbery, he has an eye for the knockoffs and the genuine stuff. He can tell when someone else trying to cheat and he can tell you the value of certain items.

Free Running- No fear. Simply the ability to run wherever he likes with no barrier in his way, no obstacle. Nothing can stop him.

Weapons:
    Anything anyone has in their hands, I don't need a weapon, I just need them and theres.

Contractor Power:
    Neural Impulse Manipulation

Can sense and control neural impulses, the electrical discharge that travel along the nerve fibers. Can control thoughts and consciousness, modify and control thoughts, mindsets, and upper brain functions to render them unconsciousness, suppress their memories, or negate the use of abilities. Or can kill by blocking the heart’s contractions or by either depriving them or overloading the target with neural impulses. Memories can be rewritten by preventing them from accessing parts of their mind. When in battle can suppress pain or cripple their target when there’s an opening. When the battle is over can be used to prevent someone from using their own abilities, especially if it is consciously controlled. Can create neural impulses to stimulate targets sensitivity to pain, mimic electric shocks, or even compel a target to harm themselves by messing with their body or mind.

Obeisance:
    Ability is touched based as well.

This is not some simple power that he can use on a whim. Actually throw him out into a field with no technology and you'll find it's harder for him to use his ability. It seems to even use his ability he must be near technology, because what he really is accessing is not the electro magnetic field of his opponents, but the field of electromagnetic energy surrounding them and being absorbed into their body.

He's prone to fits and seizures and the price he pays for his ability is that he must self induce a seizure at some point in time.
    Last edited by Mr.Cynic; 05-06-2015 at 12:50 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I like the power, though I would limit it by he has to be able to touch his target. Also the more extensive side effects would take longer such as eliminating powers and controlling one's mind.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast