Thread: Aliens: The Reckoning-Rated M

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Default Aliens: The Reckoning-Rated M

Rated M: Gore, Horror violence, horrifying imagery, dark atmosphere, shit your pants scary [I hope], blood, and lots and lots of motherfucking swearing

You know, out there, in all that space debris, in all that space dust. Out there somewhere, in the big vast sky. Out there in the big, expansive universe, past everything we know. Is a world of unknown. Are we ready to embark in that world? If we barely even understand our own world. We were just idiots, perhaps fools, to have dried up all our resources before we even got the chance to explore the unknown of our world. We endangered species and wiped out others before we even knew they were endangered or extinct. If we barely understood, if we were fools in evolution and creation once. Do you think that we will live those same repeated mistakes? How are we ready for the unknown, if we destroyed the unknown before we knew it was known?

Locating Transcript.....|

Commercial Ship Lecter......|

Missing.....|

Locating Transcript........|

Loading Transcript.....|

System Loading......|

Transcript Playing.....|

*Scott: I don't understand what your problem is Tom

Tom: It's not just My problem Scott-It's everyone's problem. We can't just go along the way we are. What makes us think we can strip-mine planets to their cores? Or harvest whole species to extinction? Or transform entire ecosystems to suit our whims?

Scott: Be Realistic, Tom--Everyone knew Earth's resources wouldn't last forever. What are we supposed to do, ignore the other resources available to us because a million years from now they Might Be of some us to an emerging life form?

[Anomaly Detected]

[Muffled Sounds of talking]

Scott: ...As I was saying, do we just tell everyone 'Hey show's over everything we need is on this other planet over here--but we can't use any of it because it rightfully belongs to the single cell organism that live there?

Tom: You're taking this argument to a ridiculous extreme

Scott: No, I'm not. I'm just pointing out how irrational it is to compartmentalize your ethics, Tom

Scott: It's wrong to harvest Dolphins because they're intelligent creatures--but it's okay to eat Chickens because they only have a brain the size of a pea?

Scott: Ultimately Every distinction is subjective and any line you draw is artificial. Who's to say what potential lies within a Chicken--or Even its Egg?

Tom: That's exactly my point, Scott

Scott: Except you're forgetting one thing, Tom, we're all living creatures and all life is a struggle--no matter where you or anyone else may wish to draw the line, it still, ends up as Darwin's 'Survival of the Fittest'

Tom: Darwin never said 'Survival of the Fittest', Scott, that was an oversimplification that was used to sell his theory to the public.

Tom: What you're talking about is Manifest Destiny.

Scott: You can call it whatever you want, Tom.

Scott: The fact remains that if the Human race Needs to do something to survive--and the lower orders Don't have the power to Stop us--we'll prevail. It's not right or wrong--it's just the way things are.

*Taken from AVP Omnibous Volume 1

Transmission Lost......|

Commercial Ship Lecter.....Lost....|

Riyishi.....Lost....|

No Survivors.....|

End Transcript......|

Shutting Down......|

Were we just idiots? Were we simply fools? Prometheus, Riyishi, LV-426. So much loss. So much death. Out there was a graveyard of the people we lost, ships we lost. Did we simply not care? How had we not learned our lesson? Why would we send another ship out there into the unknown? An unknown we could not tame, yet we would try to understand it, simply due to human ignorance and pride. Did we think we could tame it this time?

The RP

There seemed to be an ignorant amount of human mistakes floating out there or buried into the dust of other planets. Yet, we looked upon those mistakes as not human error, it was all just a series of unfortunate events. We are idiotic to believe that this was not a mistake on humanity, simply a minor setback. Back there is no hope for Earth. They sent another ship to explore deeper into this unknown world. Blindly dive into a scope of life and death. In another unknown, untamed wild. And we still do not know what happened. We will embark once again, in an eight man team on the Destiny-F56V, to the planet Cordelia, the moon of Kailana.

The Rules

Follow all of RPAs rules, I don't feel like I have to explain myself on this one, you were all ask to read them beforehand and agree to them when registered.

So a side note, I am taking some creative liberties in this RP, as you know there is no moon named Cordelia in the universe, nor a planet called Kailana. However, they will be used for this RP.

Please Communicate With Me. I understand things can happen. I can understand when people have to work go out and do other things. But If you Do Not Communicate These Things To Me, I am not going to be able to read your mind. By signing up this RP you are giving your word, you will be Actively Communicative with your fellow RP Members and GM

GM word is Law

I Do Not have a Post Count. Make sure You can At least spare the time to write at least two paragraphs Once a week. This RP pace will be determined on the activity of the members. Faster if everyone is interested in going. Slower if members are slower.

No God Modding

You will be Allowed Up to Characters. However. Your second Character will be a backup, who will be written in as a Stasis character. We will have frozen sleeping second characters in their cabins. Remember Your Characters CAN and Will Most Likely Die.

Otherwise despite all those heavy handed rules, Please Enjoy Yourself, That's the Fun Part, and Please Have creativity with the genre.

The Cast
    I will most likely be playing the elements, events, the Xenomorphs, and all the background stuff. Do not worry about that. I am accepting Eight Characters into this RP.

Some Background information, during your 20 day journey to the planet and you're still on course the Captain died of illness.

There is Two of Mostly Each Job

*Bio Research: You are a scientist, one of the best, chosen to explore the flora and fauna of Cordelia.

*Guards: Self explanatory, you guys are the ones with the most militant training. Though it should be noted most of you are hired and paid Space Mercs.

*Geo Research: Instead of exploring the flora and fauna, you explore rock formations, create maps, navigate the planet, etc.

*The Eight Characters are counted together. Not Separate. So Pilot 1 and Pilot 2 are = to one. You will be asked to work together amongst your fellow occupations.

Character Block 1:
    Pilot 1 -

Pilot 2 -

Pilot 3-

Character Block 2:

Medic 1-

Medic 2 -

Character Block 3

Bio Research 1 - Reserved - Clyde

Bio Research 2-

Character Block 4

Guard 1-

Guard 2-

Guard 3-

Character Block 5

Geo Research 1-

Geo Research 2-

Character Block 6

Second in Command- Clyde

Your Occupational License

Name: [Self explanatory your name]

Race: Human or Cyberborg [however, I will be allowing very few Cyberborgs in, we don't want the whole cast as cyberborgs like David]

D.O.B: [Date of Birth]

Occupation/Role: [Look at my role above, pilot, bio research, etc.]

Appearance: [What I will accept, text. Pictures are always nice, but optional. However, no anime. I will accept, realistic graphic novel imagery, 3D video game imagery, or real life pictures HOWEVER no Actors on the Red Carpet that's distracting, find Real Life Images that Pertain to the genre]

Personality: [A personality is always a blueprint of something. It's not set in stone. This gives you something to expand on and I have been in a number of projects in my time as my characters have developed away from the established personality that I have created. So make these concise, likes, dislikes, make them people, complicated, and not one dimensional]

History: [Once again, please make these thorough, concise, well written, creative, etc.]

Skills: [Give us a list of skills, where did you graduate, any degrees, etc.]

Theme Song: [optional, always fun though]

Misc: [Any other information that doesn't fit into any of the other categories]

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

You saw nothing

RPA's Foul Mouthed Pixie
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Hey, Clyde! It's looking really good, very great story!

To help you get some members, check out these helpful suggestions!

The roleplay of the week thread for the ultimate advertising! If you're in need for a banner for the roleplay of the week, head down to the creative corner and check out Kris' Banner shop!
    Or you can check out the RPG Requests and Recruitment.
    You can also ask Staff for some help by advertising your game in their signature!

Have fun!

​Beautiful Nightmare

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Thanks Kicks.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

I don't currently have any character ideas whatsoever, but I'm going to bump this anyway because, come on people, it's an Alien RP!
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    I don't currently have any character ideas whatsoever, but I'm going to bump this anyway because, come on people, it's an Alien RP!
    I know right.