Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] Shifting Stars .:{Argon Jaden & AsharaSahara}:.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fandom, Fantasy, Sci-fi, Action/Adventure
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Default [M] Shifting Stars .:{Argon Jaden & AsharaSahara}:.

Hey Dad,

The two Colonels on base have finally managed to agree on locking down the buildings not in use, full or otherwise. That has left us with the recreational center (the smaller one with the library and game center to go along with the indoor swimming area, gymnasium with mezzanine running track, and exercise room), the mini airport, the smaller office building that's north of both buildings and has residential housing in it usually for higher ranks that now houses all that remain, and the main controls building. Beyond that, they haven't decided much.

I guess, things are just at a standstill. We were suppose to be receiving the next crew long before we were dwindled down to about 60 of us. I don't have the complete list of who's all still on base but I'm working on getting my hands on it. If we're stuck here, I'm going to need to know who all does what.

We got a message from Alpha Base on Earth telling us that there was a delay in the first shift shuttle and that the second would not arrive till after the first had been taken care of and arrived here safe and sound. We were told to go ahead to skeleton crew, that we would only be at this level of personnel for less than a week.

It's been 17 days since we received that last and final transmission from Earth.

Dad, what's going on? There is still the communication connection between Earth and SiOtwo. I can still access Earth's satellite system and ours are sending and receiving just fine. What's going on over there? It's like I'm getting the messaging machine but no one's checking the messages. Did we miss the evacuation orders?

Dad, get back to me soon. We have enough food to last us a while but the Colonels have already talked about rationing. I don't think the children on base need to live through that. Not only that but the systems here were not made for this harsh environment. The carbon storms reek havoc on the exteriors and filtration systems and some of the plant cycles even make it to where if anyone wants to go outside, they have to wear breather suits.

You already know most of this, though. I guess I'm just worried how long we'll last.

I'm one of I think three mechanics and neither know half of what I do. Even some of the scientists are rudimentary, which is sad. One bonus to the carbon storms: We're gaining access to ruins we didn't eve know existed. Your theory was right. There was life here once. Sentient life. Now all we've got to do is figure out why it vanished.

Do get this soon. We're running out of time.

Your son,
    Demetri

He heaved a sigh as he leaned back in the library chair, staring at the ceiling as he waited for his message to send. It was a few seconds before he heard the soft chime of completion emanating from the computer. Demetri straightened in his chair and shut the computer down. He got up.

The library was quiet, the sound of the chair knocking against the table as he pushed it in hanging in the soft morning. He made his way out one of two main entrances to the expansive library.

He made his way through the building, maneuvering the halls with memorized ease. It was still rather early in the morning so he was one of four people within the structure. Due to tightened security because of the skeletal crew restrictions, Demetri had to swipe his wrist over the small black rectangle on the door frame of the main exit.

Every exterior door had a digital lock that was wired to a small black rectangle box that barely protruded from the frame or wall it was mounted all. The RFID electronic lock was for either keycards or - a more recent invention - keybands like the one on Demetri's left wrist. A keyband was a band the width of a person's palm made of a sort of fiber material that allowed it to be more than just a fashion statement. An imbedded antenna allowed it to transmit data wirelessly and several sensors allowed it to be a touch screen wrist computer, thought it was the holographic displays that most people used. These were customizable and still a bit buggy but the basics were that a screen of sorts would be projected a few inches above the band (not limited to any given side) and could be interacted with as a touch screen. Generally, the computers of very similar technology (though many still have a holographic keyboard on a horizontal plain if the screen was vertical) were used whenever possible. There was still a lag enough on the keybands with the base network to cause a bit of frustration.

As the door hissed as the lock mechanism disengaged, Demetri rotated his left arm so that the back of his palm was facing the ground. This motion triggered the keyband via a preset Demetri had active and customized and produced weather and base schedule data upon the back of the band for him to read as he pushed open the door.

He glared at the sun a few degrees over the eastern mountain ridge.

SiOtwo had been picked as a planet for the secret base due to its similarity to Earth. The yellow sun, however, was not as young as the Earth's and, instead of one moon, there were two that went in opposite directions and made an X across the sky. One moon, Epic, moved from east-northeast to west-southwest. The other moon, Morta, moves from northwest to south-southeast. The length of days and the planet's orbit were close enough to Earth's that it allowed the base to maintain the same clock and calendar of Earth. It also meant less jet lag downtime for new arrivals.

The location for Trion Base specifically had been selected due to a few factors. The base was tucked up a mile from a fresh water lake that was a third of the valley's size near the western mountain ridge. The mountain ridge itself was a wonky ring around the sizable valley that kept the weather temperate, to a degree.

Still, the weather temperament of the valley left things to be desired. For one, there were the carbon storms that were still a mystery. They were like tornados in their predictability. You could tell when one might happen but you didn't know the frequency of the storms nor the ferocity. The flora and fauna had adapted well. While the carbon was more similar to an acid rain than a dust storm and not actually made of carbon, the flora at least use it for nutrients. A part of the base's purpose was to figure out how exactly. But the storms leave an acidic haze in the air if there's not a good wind afterwards. It isn't so much a haze as it is the tiny particles floating in the air left over from the storms that burn the inside of the human body and any unprotected skin, though it takes quite a bit of particles to leave any severe damage. However, breathing in the particles could scar the lungs or internal tracks, creating all sorts of issues.

Thankfully, it wasn't "carbon season", as it got called, though that didn't stop storms from occurring on off season. It also wasn't winter where weeks would go by before they saw temps over 0. For a spring day, the forecast was clear and there were no warnings. Beyond the nice, crisp morning air, all that Demetri had to deal with was a bright sun in a cloudless sky.

Demetri sighed, starting the 10 minute walk to the science/medical facility where he was working under the lead scientist, Dr. Eppix Straus. Older gentleman that was a kind man but had little patience for stupidity and hand holding. The building itself wasn't in full use. Only a third of the building was operational and, even then, only about three of the rooms (two of which were decently equipped labs) were even actively used in a given day, excluding the numerous supply closets accessed daily.

A blaring chime came from his keyband and Demetri stopped walking. He brought his wrist up, the message already displayed off the back of his wrist from the network wide warning. Without a thought, he turned and started running north towards the controls building.

There was a perimeter breach two miles to the west.
    Last edited by ArtisticVicu; 06-09-2015 at 09:19 PM. Reason: terminology adjustments
    Find a tale or three or five to read but be warned. It is never easy to see where the plot may be going As the Story Crumbles

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Normally, when a squad prepares for a raid, they are seen fixing up their armor, or their gears at least. What one does not see is a group of seven men huddled around a glass table with chocoate milk, tea and pink cookies all watching their second in comnand try to regain his pride against the youngest in their group, who also happens to be their tactician, in an intense game of what seemed to be an alien version of chess. The peices leisurely moved across the hexagon-shaped holographic board while the two players sat on either side, each intently watching the pawns move. An enemy pawn slid over from one corner and took his "bishop", making the blonde chuckle softly. Tala's green eyes glittered slightly as his piece moved, before he leaned back with a grin.

"Bait and Hook. Matté" He chirped, enjoying the look of complete shock and surprise on his superior's face. The other male let out a hoarse laugh after he realized the tactic the blonde had used against him; evenly playing on both sides and spreading a separate few, one wouldn't notice the seemingly harmless pawn move about. He shook his head afain and accepted the hand Tala had offered him.

"Didn't see that one, Good Game." Seij said with a grin, making the younger smile and nod in return. It really was an intense game, though the winner was obvious right from the start. The men surrounding them chuckled and began to talk about the game while Gala pointed out tiny flaws in his own logic. In his opinion, teaching your teammates strategy was a good thing.

Speaking of strategy, the door slammed open and a very irritated woman stalked inside, her ruby colored eyes glaring angrily at them. "You knickknacks should be getting ready to kill!! Not sit around drinking stuff!!" She growled and almost immediately, everyone, except for Tala and Seij, though they did shrink into their seats a bit Captain grabbed a mug of hot chocolate before strolling over to them and plopping down on one of the seats. "I'm starving." She complained, shoving a cookie or three into her mouth, noisily crunching into them.

The Captain was a beautiful woman, with bright blue hair and ruby red eyes. She was pretty tall too, with the heigh around 6'10 or so. Turning to them once more, she swiped her had over the game and a holographic 3D image of the facilities rose. "Base's in sight. Roughly 60 occupants from the quick scan." Their captain grunted. Almost immediately, Tala sat back and began checking up on the information. "Seij, you lead the team. Tala, thinknyou can shut down their security system?" She asked. The blonde only grinned and nodded.

"With pleasure." He chirped in response, before immediately hacking into the system. It was as complicated as he expected, with firewalls and protection keys. Still, within minutes, he had managed to breach the system. Nodding at his work, their captain stood up.

"Alright troop. Enter through the west. Tala closed the security all the way to the main offices. We should have ample time to charge right in." Her eyes glinted at her small troop of skilled veterans. "Remember, don't kill too much." She reminded them. With that, the squad exited and began their raid.
    Spoiler: Clicky!!! 

Spoiler: Mehehe... 

♡ Set by Me, Myself and I~ ♡

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Demetri flicked his wrist out, the door unlocking as his keyband passed close to the electronic lock. He slipped through the main doors and into the rather small building that was a flurry of controlled chaos. Barely. Demetri wound his way through the mass of bodies and over to where Dr. Eppix Straus was at. The older scientist lit up at Demetri's arrival.

"Demitri! Good." Dr. Straus gently led Demetri to a desk near the back. "Tenner here was the one that noticed the security breach. It was done through the security systems first."

Tasha Tenner gave a quick dip of her head, her black mohawk bounding in the motion. "I'm doing what I can to close the system back up but I've never had to deal with this before. Whoever was on the other side knew what they were doing."

Demetri leaned over her shoulder, watching the text that scrolled passed. As an engineer, he had to learn quite a bit of programming and was constantly learning said skill. Still. He poked at the holoscreen, stopping the scrolling for a brief moment. "There. Reroute and try a feedback loop. It may keep them out but not very long."

"Impressive, Ophir." Demetri tensed, straightening to come face to face with one of the Colonels still on base. Col. Percy Matthews was a man still seemingly in his prime at the end of his 30s regardless of the silver streaks that speckled his hair. Square jawed and sharp eyes, the man was the embodiment of intimidation. Demetri kept from growling at the man. "I was under the impression that you had no technical skills."

"I am an engineer, sir," Demetri offered flatly. "I am required to have quite a few skills."

Col. Matthews smirked, his brown eyes flashing with disbelief. "I'll take your word, then."

"Col. Matthews," came a sharp call over the noise. All but Tenner looked over Col. Samantha Richards, Col. Matthews counter in many things. She was a regal woman in her mid 30s with a soft face and kinder blue eyes. She was lean, fit, and held fewer curves than other women on the base but she was never taken as a man. "We have other matters to handle that do not require technicians."

Col. Matthews bristled and yet Col. Richards didn't seem to care as she raised an eyebrow at him. Col. Matthews strode away, aiming for one of the doors. Col. Richards watched him leave before focusing on something over Demetri's shoulder and nodded. Demetri turned to see Dr. Straus send a grateful smile her way.

"Ophir." Demetri focused back on Col. Richards as the woman approached. Demetri cursed his lack of height when she stood over him at 5'10. "I want you to go with Col. Matthews team." She raised a hand before he could even counter her statement. "I want a civilian among his team, one that knows this area. More specifically, I want a scientist with him."

"I'm not a scientist, Ma'am," Demetri grumbled.

Col. Richards chuckled. "Yes, you are. You have masters in both Mechanical Engineering Technology and Biology where you had a Medical Technology Concentration." Demetri blinked up at her and her smirk grew. "Youngest member of the science team and one of several youths still on base. Without knowing how long we're going to be on site, I want you learning what you can so I can have more team leaders to rely on. Than and your father started this base anyways. You know the grounds better than the soldiers that run perimeter."

Demetri sighed, giving in with a feeling that it was either that or be ordered to go. "I'll join them, Ma'am."

"Good boy." She clasped a hand on his shoulder and left, leaving Demetri feeling like there was more to her non-order than she was letting him in on.

With a shake of his head, he turned to Dr. Straus and Tenner. "You need anything from me?"

"A soda wouldn't hurt," Tenner voiced, laughing when Dr. Straus smacked her upside the head with the book in his hand. Dr. Straus turned to Demetri. "Just be careful, Ophir."

Demetri nodded and took off.

Twenty minutes later, Demetri was standing a mile from the breach, reading the data on the HGD (holographic display) of his keyband. He looked up and around, verifying some of it before leaping off the rock he was standing on and skidded down the hill. A hand snapped out and a soldier pulled him in. First Lieutenant Charles Becket grinned down at him, releasing the shirt of Demetri's collar. Demetri nodded at him, not returning the grin. Demetri reported, "They're about 200 feet up the slope. I can't tell more than that."

Becket looked over his shoulder at Col. Matthews. The man was looking up the hill. "How many do we have?"

"Six or seven." Col. Matthews looked at him but Demetri was already countering his thought. "Terrians fight differently than we do, Colonel. Even with your 17 men, I strongly advise against a head on attack."

"Then it's a good thing I didn't ask for your advice." Col. Matthews focused on Becket. "Lieutenant. Take a team around the left bank. Send Lt. Forest up the right bank. I'll take a what's left and meet them head to head."

Lt. Becket looked like he wanted to argue but moved off to follow orders. A quick exchange with Lt. Forest and they each took four personnel with them. Col. Matthews took the rest and started up the mountain side. Demetri stayed where he stood, turning to look back at the base. At this point from the base, the mountains started. It wasn't the best terrain to work with but Demetri was grateful it wasn't to the east. There was nothing to hide behind out there. With a frustrated sigh, he rubbed at his temples as he followed the Colonel. He shoved the slight headache back and focused on where he was going. As a civilian, he was to remain back. He hoped following the Colonel wouldn't get him killed.
    Find a tale or three or five to read but be warned. It is never easy to see where the plot may be going As the Story Crumbles

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

"Hmph. Nearly stumped me with that one." He muttered softly, quite impressed that they managed to stop one of his breaches. Not that it mattered; Tala had seen it coming anyway and it was a very obvious mistake a highschool student would be able to recognize. The feedback loop had him snickering as he broke that one within seconds. The break code was a lot of help. Deciding to cut the child's play, the blonde open the database once more, locking the computers within the base out. The poor earthlings would probably be surprised when the ACCESS DENIED warning would pop up. The security was completely his now, well, for fifteen minutes unless he gets the database secured completely. Fifteen minutes is a lot of time though.

"Tala, I'm going to need you to scan the area for me again. We're detecting movement." The captain said and immediately, another holographic screen popped up. With quick swipes, he let out a soft sound before nodding.

"Cappy, I see seven approaching at twelve, five and five on east and west banks. Probably trying to surround you. Left bank seems a minute closer, so you should probably take them ou–" Whatever he was going to say died in his throat when his captain let out a laugh.

"Divide and conquer~ Oh I love it!!"She squealed and he almost sighed at how excited she spubded. Giving that screen one final glance, he noticed an energy at the far end and upon zooming, took note of the civilian. Already, he could guess that it was this guy who became the unfortunate guide. Focusing back on his main screen, he secured the database and grinned to himself.

Now that the entire security system was under his command, Tala began to lock all the doors; residential, lab, exits. Their hardware was so easy to exploit and he found himself very pleased when he tapped onto the smaller devices. They didn't notice it, but electronic equipment had flaws, and all electrically powered weapon powered down, much to his pleasure. In fact, he didn't need to look at the screen to know that Cappy's troops had easily taken down five men.

"Hey Tala, is it supposed to be this easy?" Seij's voice rang out, making the blonde let out a curious sound. "I mean, their guns powered down and all Cappy had to do was slap them and they were out. Are the rest of us even needed?"

"Of course!! She needs back up." He replied with a laugh. Their captain was a beast when it came to fighting. And in all honesty, Tala knew that each and every one in the ship could fight a big around and hold their own, but still, better safe than sorry. Deciding to watch them, he grinned before opening his com and connecting with the second-in-command. "Seij, favor please~"

"Go shoot kid. It's a lot better than me waiting my butt here for my turn." He mumbled, making the blonde look over his screen once more. At least now, the entire squad was moving, easily chipping away at the enemy forces. It was a won cause the moment Tala hacked into the system.

"Ah... I see a civilian far back. Three hundred feet up, give or take." He said, watching the lone figure. "I was thinking you guys might want a tour guide." He added, simply watching as the numbers dwindled tp none and their captain advance. Knowing both her and Seij, the enemy was probably severely injured and suffered brain damage. Such things were norm around here.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

"Son of a motherfucking bitch!" Tenner threw her hands up in the air as the ACCESS DENIED blared across her screen.

"Language, Tenner," Col. Richards called out from across the room. There wasn't really much behind the comment. She was too busy trying to keep control over the chaos.

Dr. Straus placed a hand on her shoulder. "Can you counter it?"

Tenner snorted. "I'm not a hacker. I'm learning but I'm not a hacker. I can't counter this guy and, even with the ball already rolling, I'm not sure I can pin this guy down."

"Do I need to rescue you?" A lanky teen flopped into the wheelie chair before the computer to Tenner's left.

She visibly relaxed as she breathed, "Oh thank God. I was starting to panic. I thought you had left me to finish off the plan by myself."

Abe snorted, typing at the holoscreen, and, within a few gestures, had full view of their hacker. Well, digitally at least. Their hacker couldn't see the trap that they were in. Abe grinned. "Yeah, right. Over my dead body." He popped his knuckled, glancing at her with a cocky grin. "Sorry I'm late, though. Would have been here sooner but I had to hack three - THREE - electronic locks just to get in here."

"Abraham Charles Ericson!"

Abe winced, giving Tenner a sheepish grin. "Well, so much for living a long life." He focused on his screen as a woman stormed over. "Hi Mom. Would love to hear the lecture you're about to give but I need to save the base and all that."

Dr. Straus placed himself between Mrs. Ericson and her son. She didn't bother to go around him, merely stopped where he stopped her and gabbed a finger towards her son. "You are in big trouble when you are done, young man."

"Usually am," Abe agreed, typing away. "However! Whoever this is, took the bate. He's in the system and not gonna get back out. Initiating Checkmate protocol in three....two....one."

The power went out all over the base. For three seconds, a good majority of the personnel held their breath as the system did a sort of reset. When power was restored, so was their gear and equipment. Abe grinned. "Hook, line, and sinker. Our hacker's locked within the system with no way out nor access to his own system. There should be a nice red "CHECKMATE" on a black screen right about now. I've got his location when you want it."

Col. Richards nodded. "Give me two minutes." She activated the comm units. "Col. Matthews, we have a location for the hacker."

.:~@~:.

Demetri glanced at his keyband when it powered down on its own accord. He figured it was either by sheer dumb luck or someone had planned ahead but half of the personnel had good old fashion guns that required nothing more than a mechanism to release the bullet. A lot more bloodier than the energy weapons but effective none the less. Demetri grabbed a ditched energy weapon and cannibalized it for the power source. Popping open a small pouch on his hip, he pulled out a strange looking device that he rather disliked. It was similar to a concussion grenade but, instead of killing, it would knock out those that were within the blast range and worked via sound. A flash of light would be the only warning before it emitted its high frequency and Demetri was very confident that the Terrians would not be prepared for it and would succumb to it.

As he was finishing the install of the power cell and checking to make sure the grenade of sorts would work, he noticed his keyband come back online. He tensed. He had company. He pulled back his arm and threw the device, shouting, "Paris!" as the Terrian was nearly upon him

The reaction from the soldiers was instantaneous as the grenade shape device approached its zenith. They freed a hand and slipped a small device into the ear that didn't have a comm unit. Each soldier activated their device which played off their comm units and effectively protected them as the grenade dropped beneath its zenith and activated. The flash of light illuminated the entire area and the sound covered a mile and a half radius. Those that were knocked out by it would wake in 15 minutes but it would be enough for them to gather everyone and start the trek back.

Even with the protection from the sound, the high frequency shot through his head like a sledgehammer and he nearly passed out himself. As the device hit the ground with a dull thud and no longer emitting the frequency, Demetri was left with a raging headache and the slight fear that the device hadn't worked.

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

For a moment, he was surprised, not used to someone being sly enough to be able to catch his tricks. So close too. Maybe he should've noticed the tiny blip earlier. So, they got his location, what about it? A grin spread across his features and he leaned back with a stretch. "Good one. I got a little too laid back there, don't you think?" Tala chirped before doing a few more clicks. "But locking my access within your system is pretty trashy, though smart move. No access to my troop." Almost as if he was overjoyed at this. Finally!! Someone he could play against and actually beat him.

Well, he was confident he coyld take a troop on, but Captain would probably kill him. Well, he lost contact with them so he didn't mind. Even if they get caught, Tala was positive Seij and the others would be fine. So, all he needed to do now is play by ear.

Pulling an old device out, on that had an actual screen, he began typing into it, face blank. If he lost access through one, he should have a backup. Most knew that logic and this computer had a mixed sort of signal that was neither human nor Terrian, which was convenient at tines, though Tala was positive that this thing would've rot in his case. He hasn't used it in years. Maybe it was a good thing he brought the modified human computer from the late few thousands. It was in relatively good shape, though there were a few dents here and there. Once again, he tapped into the system, before going straight to the database, knowing that the hacker already knew how to get rid of him, he decided, he had five seconds.

Releasing an alien virus, one that he lovingly created when he was bored, he simply allowed himself to be kicked out before he shut down the human computer and went back to his holo. It was a Trojan horse type of virus settled in their database that would not be noticeable until the damage is irreplaceable. Good thing about it, is that he could actually give it orders, so the blonde Terrian simply counted off in his head before his systems went back online. It was a standstill, he being able to access both as long as the virus is in the system. Well, not that they'll be able to destroy something like that when only he had the antivirus.

A large message would pop up on the other end, like an e-mail of sorts that had the message let's play a game. Well, Tala was in a playful mood, and it annoyed him that whichever troops they plan on send to him was slow. You try to kick me out of your system. Every ten seconds, I shut down a part of your system. Game ends when your commander comes here to try to collect me. Sound good? Game start!! And with that, he simply stood up and made himself a mug of chocolate, a little bounce in his step, even if he did look over when he lost connection with his troops again.

"Ow shit!!" Actually, Seij felt dizzy to the point of throwing because, who the hell carries sound grenades?! It was like a flashbang to the face, and through sheer experience, he could tell. But still, the dark haired, golden eyed Terrian thought he would pass out. Actually, he wanted to, and was positive his troop did too. Plus, they lost connection with Tala and their ears were ringing.

Landing on his bum, and feeling disoriented, he lay back, ears going temporarily deaf in shock. Mentally, he knew the damned brat was probably enjoying playing a game if he went offline. Letting out another groan, he closed his eyes, positive that his troops were in the same state.

Except, he was only mildly correct. True, most had ringing ears and no time to fully defend themselves, but it did leave the Terrian troop disoriented, all except for the captain. She growled, seemingly unaffected, unlike her brethren who were shaking their heads to clear it. Captain, with her blue hair a mess and her ruby eyes turning blood red. "Alright. I'm pissed." She growled, her switchblade poking out, hidden in the sleeves of her shirt. Initially, she was not to harm a single human with the blade, but who cares now? The hazy red color on the tip had her smiling and without warning, dashed onto the troops, knocking them with her blade.

If there was one thing their squad agreed on, it was that their captain was a demon, a one woman army. Back when they first met her, they realized that the only flaw she had was that she sleeps to much, and is pretty bossy, but this woman had been through countless battles, despite it not being obvious on her person. She managed to notice Seij rolling around in the ground and walked over to him, planting a foot on his stomach. Obviously, that knocked him out. Retracting her blade, she looked at the humans her blade had grazed.

Terrian anesthesia was effective against humans. A single drop often knocks them out. To her kind, a drop would simply get them unfocused. Sheathing her blade, she looked at the remaining troops and sighed when her comm went back online.

"Tala, you idiot!" She barked, taking her anger out on anyone who approached her. The entire squad had passed out, but would probably wake up within minutes. "You went MIA!! What the fuck was that?!" She growled, attacking once more with her foot.

"Ha ha ha!! I got baited." Came the response from her comm. She didn't raise a brow at that. Tala was good, very good, but he let's his guard down a lot. "You didn't have to kick Seij though."

"I sure as hell did!! He saw it get thrown!! I feel like I'm gettibg a uterus punch to the head!!" She complained before relaxing her pose. He must've done something again, and wanted them to pause. "You're fairly quiet."

"Yeah. I'm deleting system files. Too much trash and spam. Geeze." So he was waiting for something, she knew how to read that tone. Sighing to herself, the captain removed her earpiece and stomped on it before raising a brow at the humans she left standing. No, this wasn't surrender, but she was the only one standing, so why not just surrender now? And besides, they should probably get their butts to her third. He seems excited, as usual. She snorted and waited for them to move, offering no resistance.

- - - Updated - - -

For a moment, he was surprised, not used to someone being sly enough to be able to catch his tricks. So close too. Maybe he should've noticed the tiny blip earlier. So, they got his location, what about it? A grin spread across his features and he leaned back with a stretch. "Good one. I got a little too laid back there, don't you think?" Tala chirped before doing a few more clicks. "But locking my access within your system is pretty trashy, though smart move. No access to my troop." Almost as if he was overjoyed at this. Finally!! Someone he could play against and actually beat him.

Well, he was confident he coyld take a troop on, but Captain would probably kill him. Well, he lost contact with them so he didn't mind. Even if they get caught, Tala was positive Seij and the others would be fine. So, all he needed to do now is play by ear.

Pulling an old device out, on that had an actual screen, he began typing into it, face blank. If he lost access through one, he should have a backup. Most knew that logic and this computer had a mixed sort of signal that was neither human nor Terrian, which was convenient at tines, though Tala was positive that this thing would've rot in his case. He hasn't used it in years. Maybe it was a good thing he brought the modified human computer from the late few thousands. It was in relatively good shape, though there were a few dents here and there. Once again, he tapped into the system, before going straight to the database, knowing that the hacker already knew how to get rid of him, he decided, he had five seconds.

Releasing an alien virus, one that he lovingly created when he was bored, he simply allowed himself to be kicked out before he shut down the human computer and went back to his holo. It was a Trojan horse type of virus settled in their database that would not be noticeable until the damage is irreplaceable. Good thing about it, is that he could actually give it orders, so the blonde Terrian simply counted off in his head before his systems went back online. It was a standstill, he being able to access both as long as the virus is in the system. Well, not that they'll be able to destroy something like that when only he had the antivirus.

A large message would pop up on the other end, like an e-mail of sorts that had the message let's play a game. Well, Tala was in a playful mood, and it annoyed him that whichever troops they plan on send to him was slow. You try to kick me out of your system. Every ten seconds, I shut down a part of your system. Game ends when your commander comes here to try to collect me. Sound good? Game start!! And with that, he simply stood up and made himself a mug of chocolate, a little bounce in his step, even if he did look over when he lost connection with his troops again.

"Ow shit!!" Actually, Seij felt dizzy to the point of throwing because, who the hell carries sound grenades?! It was like a flashbang to the face, and through sheer experience, he could tell. But still, the dark haired, golden eyed Terrian thought he would pass out. Actually, he wanted to, and was positive his troop did too. Plus, they lost connection with Tala and their ears were ringing.

Landing on his bum, and feeling disoriented, he lay back, ears going temporarily deaf in shock. Mentally, he knew the damned brat was probably enjoying playing a game if he went offline. Letting out another groan, he closed his eyes, positive that his troops were in the same state.

Except, he was only mildly correct. True, most had ringing ears and no time to fully defend themselves, but it did leave the Terrian troop disoriented, all except for the captain. She growled, seemingly unaffected, unlike her brethren who were shaking their heads to clear it. Captain, with her blue hair a mess and her ruby eyes turning blood red. "Alright. I'm pissed." She growled, her switchblade poking out, hidden in the sleeves of her shirt. Initially, she was not to harm a single human with the blade, but who cares now? The hazy red color on the tip had her smiling and without warning, dashed onto the troops, knocking them with her blade.

If there was one thing their squad agreed on, it was that their captain was a demon, a one woman army. Back when they first met her, they realized that the only flaw she had was that she sleeps to much, and is pretty bossy, but this woman had been through countless battles, despite it not being obvious on her person. She managed to notice Seij rolling around in the ground and walked over to him, planting a foot on his stomach. Obviously, that knocked him out. Retracting her blade, she looked at the humans her blade had grazed.

Terrian anesthesia was effective against humans. A single drop often knocks them out. To her kind, a drop would simply get them unfocused. Sheathing her blade, she looked at the remaining troops and sighed when her comm went back online.

"Tala, you idiot!" She barked, taking her anger out on anyone who approached her. The entire squad had passed out, but would probably wake up within minutes. "You went MIA!! What the fuck was that?!" She growled, attacking once more with her foot.

"Ha ha ha!! I got baited." Came the response from her comm. She didn't raise a brow at that. Tala was good, very good, but he let's his guard down a lot. "You didn't have to kick Seij though."

"I sure as hell did!! He saw it get thrown!! I feel like I'm gettibg a uterus punch to the head!!" She complained before relaxing her pose. He must've done something again, and wanted them to pause. "You're fairly quiet."

"Yeah. I'm deleting system files. Too much trash and spam. Geeze." So he was waiting for something, she knew how to read that tone. Sighing to herself, the captain removed her earpiece and stomped on it before raising a brow at the humans she left standing. No, this wasn't surrender, but she was the only one standing, so why not just surrender now? And besides, they should probably get their butts to her third. He seems excited, as usual. She snorted and waited for them to move, offering no resistance.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Abe frowned. "What the..."

He started typing rapidly, Tenner glancing over before getting to work herself. Dr. Straus noticed and stepped closer. "What is it?"

"He's back in," Tenner commented and Abe added, "He's released something into the system. I'm attempting to get ahead of it and corner it. Is the system backups up to date?"

"Up to date and shut down," Tenner confirmed. "Whatever he's downloaded into our systems won't get into the backups. Unless someone's stupid.

"Fuck!"

"Abraham!"

Abe winced, but didn't stop working. "Sorry Mom. We've got a Trojan in the system. I've never seen one like it."

"Location, Ericson," Col. Richards ordered.

"Already sent to Col. Matttews and his team, Ma'am." Abe muttered another curse under his breath. "Did the instant we had contact."

Tenner wasn't quite so courteous in retaining her language. "Motherfucker," she hissed as the message appeared. "Data will start being erased in 10 second intervals. Col. Matthews better find this bastard soon."

Col. Matthews pressed a hand to his comm, watching the area light up briefly. "I hadn't realized we had been hacked," he drawled, the sarcasm dripping from each word. "Relay the information to Becket. Lt., take your men and tie our hacker up."

"Yes, Sir," came the crisp reply. "The coordinates, Ma'am?"

"Give me a moment, Lieutenant," Col. Richards replied.

Col. Matthews opened his mouth to order his men to start securing the Terrians when the only one really still standing moved. She dropped 5 of his men faster than he blinked before she was at one of her men that he belatedly noticed had been making his way to Demetri's position. Guns were raised and aimed at her, orders to surrender being shouted by four different people.

Col. Matthews yelled over them on the comm. "Three of you stay on her. The rest start securing Terrians. I want them bound before they come around."

The order was quickly followed and the Terrians were bound with their hands behind their backs attached to a wire that went around their middle.

Demetri watched from where he had tucked himself into a tree as the dark haired Terrian collapsed onto his rump. Demetri ignored the shaking of his limbs as he stayed as still and as quiet as possible as the clear Captain of the group came over to the down Terrian and kicked him. He could hear the orders being given over the comm but his raging headache left the words muffled and unintelligible.

One of the soldiers trained on the Captain moved forward, starting the process of binding her hands behind her back then to a wire he wound around her waist. From there, the soldier patted her down and removed weapons from her person.

Two minutes after getting the order to get the hacker, there came a call over the comms. It was Lt. Becker. We've got him.

Becker and his team had not been kind in breaking their way into the base and pinning Tala down, both by keeping guns trained on him and by Becker and another forcing him to the ground with his hands behind his back.

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

".... Well, I'm surprised you chose wires.... Isn't it... Too easy to break?" Cap said as her crew slowly came to. Surprisingly, they seemed to not have concern about being manhandled around.

The first question they raised was aimed more at each other than their captors. For a captured squad, they seemed too cheerful and nonchalant. "So, is Tala back online?" Seih asked, his answer a slight chuckle coming from the com.

"Yeah. They should be here any second, but it's been a minute and a half." The obvious impatience in his voice making Seij chuckle and the rest of the crew let out a breath of relief. They were somewhat afraid he had enjoyed a little too much and hacked into all systems within range and made things explode. It happened once.

As soon as the sound of footsteps sounded in his ship, the tactician immediately smirked and duplicated the virus, sending it into the human system. They were smart enough to shut down the backups, but they seemed to be forgetting that he also had controlvover their database. The human troops were already at the door by the time he had released the virus into the backup, should anyone attempt to open it, the entire thing will be corrupted. With the things he had on hand, he disconnected and deleted all data from the system he had at hand, just in time for the squad to burst in, in such a fashion that had him snorting.

"The door was unlocked. You didn't have to break it." He grumbled, pouting a bit as he shut down the entire system, using a personal encrypted code for the entire ship in a Terrian-Martian text hybrid he had made just for this ship.

Without even offering resistance as they forced him down, painfully, on the ground, with his com poking his stomach. That stung a bit, and he retaliated by breaking the wrist of whoever was cuffing him before pushing the other blonde off his smaller, slimmer frame. Huffing in annoyance, he gave them a deadly glare before snatching the handcuffs and cuffing himself.

"You guys are lucky i want to see your database person." The blonde growled, green eyes glowing in annoyance as he huffed. "Put your weapons down or I'll make sure none of you come our here alive." He didn't say it the tonw of a threat, but rather, as a warning before he stalked out of his own ship, the transport immediately locking itself once the last human was out. "Now, where's Seij?" He chirped, looking for the dark haired second-in-command.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Tenner snapped, her fingers abusing the keyboard.

"I see it," Abe commented, already working away. Dr. Straus returned from where he had been observing the chaos of the military personnel and leaned on the back of Tenner's chair, asking, "What's happened?"

"The brat's trying to download a virus into the backups," Tenner growled.

Dr. Straus frowned. "Didn't you power them off?"

Tenner gave a sharp nod, her black mohawk snapping with the motion. "Messaged Chuck to hit the physical power switch to the system, too. Our hacker wouldn't be able to turn the system back on."

"I've made a dummy back-up drive that he hopefully believes was the actual back-up drive he turned back on and downloaded a second virus into," Abe spoke right on the tail end of Tenner's words. "The thing is isolated. I should be able to remove it without much worry."

"And the data banks?" Dr. Straus asked.

"Nearly wiped clean," Tenner offered. "Some of it is still in tack but I'm betting we're wiping the entire drive and starting from scratch. With a virus like this, we can't be too careful." She glanced at Abe. "It look them close to two minutes. Bad terrain over there?"

"If Demetri wasn't leading them, then, yeah. Bad terrain," Abe supplied, looking grimly at his screen.

The soldier gave a strangled yell when her wrist was broken but Lt. Becket couldn't do much but role with the shove, coming to his feet with his hands to his side. He gestured for the soldier to join the others and for his men to lower their weapons as the Terrian spoke his warning. Becket removed his gaze long enough to see that the soldier was being attended to before following the Terrian. He walked up to the Terrian and undid one cuff, a firm but gentle grip guiding the Terrian's arms behind his back. "Probably with the others." He secured the cuffs behind the Terrian's back and added the waist wire. It was similar to aircraft cable but was a bit lighter and a lot stronger. It was used more for detaining some of the larger wild beasts on SiOtwo and some of the more difficult criminals on Earth.

With a hand wrapped around the Terrian's upper arm, Becket led his team back to the others where all the Terrians had been herded into a large group that was ringed by Trion Base soldiers. Demetri was standing 50 feet from the group, a marker for the direction to the base. He had a bitter look on his face, one that masked his discomfort well. He was blatantly ignoring the headache that was stabbing away somewhere in the center of his brain. Or, at least, that's what it felt like.

Too many to list....
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

The only one who seemed pleased with the situation was Tala, and that was a bit wrong in a sense. He was released from his handcuffs and was merrily humming along as they tugged him towards... Wherever. At least he managed to snag a piece of candy from the ship. That was a plus. Peeking up at the others, he offered them candy before allowing himself to be tugged away. "I hope you didn't hit Seij on the face. He gets sulky when someone attacks his face." The blonde said randomly as they approached the others.

Green eyes keenly observed his surroundings, landing on the isolated civilian. A snicker played on his lips before he tore his gaze away, watching the others approach. Already, he could feel the other members of his squad and a cheerful smile once again placed itself on his face.

Cap didn't mind the rough treatment, but she was getting quite impatient. Tala should be here but she sensed neither head nor tail of him and that worried her a bit. Suppose he went on a rampage and made the ship explode? Or worse, made the planet detonate? Who knows what that child could do when he gets too excited. Huffing to herself, she was seconds from ripping her binds when Seij let out a small cheer, followed by a blur of blonde.

"Seij!!! You look as ugly as ever!!" Tala chirped, knowing the grazes on his face was placed their by their Captain. The dark haired tertian smacked his lips and gave the blonde a blank look.

"And here I was thinking you actually care." He drawled, pushing the smaller male off him. The blonde simply laughed, the sound not belonging to a ruthless killer the boy was known for back in their hometown. Next victim of course, was their Captain, and unlike Seij, he had the guts to remove her binds before cuddling up to her like a cat. Cap just chuckled and rubbed her knuckles against his head.

Neither planned to escape so while Seij complained about Tala not caring, their Captain scolding him and the crew cheerful returning their third-in-command's greetings, Tala snuck another look at the civilian, a mischievous glint flickering in his eyes before it vanished and he went back to talking with his squad. To others, it may seem unnerving that this handful didn't act scared, or at least disappointed, and they weren't. From experience, acting as if the world had ended would never work in their favor, Si they acted like they normally did, and more times than naught, this became the root of retaliation.

Page 1 of 41 123 ... LastLast