Rated M for violence and distressing themes.
Potential strong language and drug references
Hi everybody! This is the long-awaited sequel to SandQueen's Sidonis series, picking up shortly after the incomplete Kaleidoscope (whose ending is detailed in the prologue above). Please don't let the fact that this is a sequel put you off, as this RP kicks off a new arc with new characters and so will be accessible to new players as well as old ones.
As well as the standard RPA rules, I'd like to add a couple of my own. These are mostly just to help the readability of the IC thread:
- Please write all IC posts in third person past tense. That is, "John stood up", never "John stands up" or "I stood up".
- Please don't use quote boxes in the IC. If you're reproducing another player's text to help put your own post into context, please indicate the copied text with a different colour. Ideally, please use the colours that I have highlighted for each player in the Team Roster section below.
- To save confusion with the above, please do not use a different coloured text just to indicate that a character is speaking.
- It goes without saying that you can resign from the RP at any time, but if so please have the courtesy to leave some sort of message in the OOC so other players aren't left waiting around for you.
Inquisitor lord Sidonis is dead, along with many of his senior operatives, but the demon Malfallax's plan to clone the Emperor has been thwarted. Nevertheless, such an incident so close to Holy Terra - together with the loss of one of the Northern Arm's most senior inquisitors - has shaken the Inquisition to its core. All the survivors of the incident who could be found were swiftly quarantined for interrogation, and six of Sidonis' former agents remain on trial for heresy. Three months after the incident on Saros Station, the trial is nearing its conclusion. Inquisitor Alia Machairi, Sidonis' only known surviving protégé, has been recalled from her investigations on Marioch to witness the verdict and the division of her dead benefactor's assets. Sensing something bigger than a simple executor's meeting, Machairi has brought her close-knit retinue with her to the Sol system.
All new characters will be members of inquisitor Machairi's staff (returning characters will, of course, fit in wherever is most appropriate). Inquisitor Machairi manages a small but diverse group of agents from a wide range of sources. She is relatively tolerant of psykers (and, on occasion, other types of abhuman) though she does not work with xenos. To keep the RP manageable, all players are limited to a single character unless ALL of the characters you intend to write are returning characters.
If you have ideas for subplots that you would like to be included in the story, please do not hesitate to PM me. Also, as a general rule, I will not kill active characters without first consulting the player (although I may knock them about a fair bit). Inactive characters, however, are fair game.
- Kally Sonder (Dakkagor)
- Gavin Jenkins (PaintSerf)
- Vincent Nyl
- Marcus Black
- Kelly Black
- Ella Seren
- Merle Carson (PaintSerf)
- Tech-assassin Vizkop (Atrum Daemon)
Inquisitor Machairi's Retinue
- Inquisitor Alia Machairi
- Bodyguard Tomas Prinzel (Dakkagor)
- Investigator Glabrio Hybrida (Jarms48)
- Confessor Solvan Belannor (Thrannix)
- Sister Sapphira (PaintSerf)
- Major Martin Crenshaw, AAT (PaintSerf)
Arbiter Josiah Wuziarch (Cfavano)
- Alicia Tarran, aka rogue trader Theodosia Prince (Kardar)
- Adrantis liaison Trist Maximillium (Imperial1917)
- Sister Kiana
- Magos Jazmin Ankari
- Ocularis Nikolai Oppen (Dakkagor)
- Ocularis Raechel Kuscelian
- Captain Elspeth von Scharn
- Commander Banastre Thurlow
- Heretic Arcolin DeRei
Recruitment is now closed. Please PM to be put on the waiting list and I will contact you if a space becomes available.