Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Round 3: Enchanter (Emonolach) VS Beserker (Ra-Ja) Judge G

Red Ninja
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy is my best, but I can do and like just about everything.
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

As the hellfire attack exploded, Death roared his defiance against the flames. The pain turned into a sizzling annoyance and the slumbering force awoke suddenly, using Death's distraction to it's advantage and breaking free of the Demon's black mist a figure emerged, but just one. One born from the forced alliance between the red rage and the roar of reason there was no longer Ra-Ja and the Berserker...now there was only Ra-Ja, the Berserker.

Together they were stronger than Death and together they forced the Demon back into the sword before they plunged it into the wood of the floor huddling behind it, wrapping his tail around his leg and making him hug himself to minimize his exposure to the unnatural flames. The flames blasted against the sword and a screeching hiss ricocheted around Ra-Ja's mind as the sword took the full brunt of the fire attack. The toys not instantly turned to ash were oblivious to the supernatural flames. Continuing their inane chant and dance, even the teddy bear warden was still standing, a deeply amused smile creased his slowly burning face and melting plastic skeleton.

"Now this is fun." The big toy rumbled patting out some of the flames that were creeping up his plush arms.

Unable to hear the bear's words through the roaring fire Ra-Ja continued to huddle behind the sword letting the massive otherworldly weapon shield him from the Dandy's physical attack, sadly the mental effects were unleashed in full upon the Berserker's mind. The new unity of Berserker and Ra-Ja fought valiantly back against the horrors, but his already frightful memories turned entirely terrifying. The battle he was lauded for turned into a desolate wasteland where he was the only one standing. Children now joined the slaughtered adults, the marks of many blades and axes riddled their young bodies. Some of the young ones looked like him, were they his children?...Did he have children...did he even have a family? The mental scarring continued into his second and much more horrible memory. Like the first, scenes blood and death were all around him. Unlike the first though, he was standing over the bodies, his blade coated in blood and his armor marred with red splashes.

The wounds of those around him matched Death's distinctive hooks perfectly. More dead children, more dead adults...all killed by his own hand. His mind was in shreds, the carnage all around him almost sickening to look upon. He wanted to throw this damned sword away and end his own life, be done with the pain that way instead of waiting for someone stronger, more vicious, and with a lack of remorse to end it for him. It would be more mercy than he deserved, the mental pain muffled the physical that managed to get past Death's unbreakable construction. His astral eyes roamed around again still hoping to see the identities of those he had slain. But as was the case when he visited the untainted memories earlier in this fight all her saw were shredded faces and unremarkable body features. He could only distinguish the male from female, and the children, from the adults.

None of these vague bodies helped him fight off the horror of his opponent's attack, his grip slackened on the back of Death. He was debating just giving up and allowing the fire consume him and let the Dandy win. His tainted memories continue to torment him, the heavy sword falling against his head as tears began to fall and sizzle from his eyes. He had no one...no clan, no parents, no children...no wife.

As the last word traced across his clouded mind he looked down and saw the female from the early memory. Just looking at her made the pain from the man's attack lessen a little. Ra-Ja was able to study her more clearly, she was lithe with much lighter scales than he. She had the strong healthy curves of a female warrior and her body was surprisingly intact, like before he moved around to her front. As he moved closer to her almost dreamlike form, the beast expected the memory to end in a poof of pain and sorrow again. Much to his joy though it didn't, she showed only minimal damage which was remarkable considering the hell around them. Her body was smeared with blood, but no wounds were present, clutched in her arms was another faceless body, this one was a very young child. Still in swaddling clothes. Looking up though he saw the lizardwoman's face and for the first time he felt warmth and happiness in his heart, the horror and pain from the man's attack faded to tolerable levels.

She was beautiful, like him her head was more dragon-like than lizard, her eyes were a bright silver and they complimented her light skin perfectly. As he focused on her face a name moved slowly across his mind forcing away the rage and pain.

"Ra-Keely....my wife...my friend...my sanity." His mouth moved in the formation of these words, he began repeating them and soon his mind cleared. The phantom demons vanished and the black mist receded back behind the walls Ra-Ja built up in his mind. Clarity had come and the rage was gone, while the fires still burned the mental torment could be ignored, all he had to do was focus on Ra-Keely.

Lifting his sword he moved slowly to the Dandy's side, the flames lapped at his body and blistered his skin, the pain was very much real, but so was his resolve to end this. Muscling through the pain like he has done so many times before the big warrior reached the man and loomed over the pathetic creature.

Lifting Death with as much might as he could muster even with the scales on his head, tail, and feet blackening in the heat.

"Go back from whence you came!" With a roar Ra-Ja chopped at the Dandy's legs. Then with the clarity his wife's memory had given him, he found the power and will to swing another massive chop at the man's neck looking to behead him. If this didn't kill him, whatever counter attack the man managed to pull together could very easily end the big warrior's journey here and now. Either by fire or by being crushed under the the crumbling beams of the now burning room. No matter what this was the end.

Xbox One Gamertag: Free Today56 just say who you are first.
    Breath deep as the snow falls around you. Let it fill your lungs and purify the fires of doubt within you.

Spoiler: The stories I've written x50 

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default By the light of the primordial ones

The Enchanter took a deep breath of hot smoke and burning ash into his lungs, embracing the unbearable pain as he felt the wound across his scalp to cauterize from the heat. The lacerated flesh immediately burned and melted, sealing the blood dripping from his head and exposing a patch of stark bone from his skull beneath. The stump of his arm twisted and shriveled like a worm exposed to sunlight as it burned and blackened, ending in a sickening knot at the end of his elbow. Blood continued to drip forth at a somewhat slower rate, only to be evaporated instantly upon contact with the air. Too much had been lost in the short time his arm was separated. Lightheadedness was already seizing his sense of balance, and fatigue was quick to follow it.

But the Fallen refused to fall again. No, he would see this to its end.

As the floorboards burned and the songs of the ashen toys continued to resound through his ears, Emonalach watched the white flames rise ever higher. What a beautiful phenomenon it was to witness his enemy’s inner rage become corporeal and literally burn him to death, leaving the Enchanter unharmed. With another deep inhalation of fiery dust, he felt his mind settle and relax from its previous state, reassuming his calm and calculating demeanor. No longer was he possessed with a thirst for bloodshed, yet he desired the lizard man’s death all the same.

Therefore, when it still had the strength to rise and attack the Fallen once again, Emonalach was surprised, but mildly disappointed. Such a powerfully-fueled enchantment would have slaughtered either of his previous opponents, and yet this one still stood. Even as it stumbled towards the Enchanter, he noticed the flames lowering, little by little. They still burned with the effigy of the reptilian’s previous rage, but no longer were they kindled by its troubled mind. Somehow, in some way, it had managed to control the ceaseless fury of the demon’s possession, and, in an unpredictable turn of events, even calmed itself. The act of pure willpower was almost admirable in the Enchanter’s condemning eyes.

So the snake still has fight left in him, then.

When the enormous blade came once again, Emonalach raised his eyebrow in a mocking frown, as if questioning the reptilian’s commitment to their battle. When the blade came within an inch of his neck, he once again vanished from the lizard’s sight, disappearing from the space beneath the floorboards. He reappeared directly above the wood in the pink room where their battle had begun, which was almost untouched by their encounter below. An Enchanter-sized hole remained in the wood from when the reptilian had pulled him below, and fire now crept through and singed the nearby carpet. Emonalach could see between the planks where the fire continued to ravage at a slower pace beneath, and he could feel the immense heat burning through the wood under his feet.

And how conveniently weak the wood had become.

Taking a few hazy steps towards the immense dresser next to him, Emonalach eyed its proportions to the best of his ability. Yes, this will do perfectly well instead. He had initially planned to use the bed, but it was far too wide for his intentions. With two wonderfully close pillars of support on the dresser, the Fallen readjusted his positioning to stand alongside it. The wonderful splintering of burning wood tickled his ears as he smiled, running his remaining hand over his partially smoldered skull with a shudder of weakness. He brought his hand before his eyes, and it shook with an unforgiving weakness.

"May you find peace in your tomb of embers, serpent."

The Enchanter’s foot slammed upon the burning wooden planks beneath the dresser’s front leg, which fractured and snapped immediately. As the dresser tilted forward and slightly to the left with one of its front legs stuck in a hole, Emonalach stepped back and stomped upon the plank again, this time near the back leg. It cracked slightly under his foot, and he stumbled to the side, grasping onto the wall. Using the wall as support, he delivered one last stomp to the fiery board, which shattered by way of the added force of the dresser. The back leg fell through, setting the dresser completely off balance as it started to tip. Prying his fingers behind it and gritting his teeth in focus, Emonalach pulled with what little might remained, and the dresser lurched forward.

Wooden planks burned by white fires crunched under its weight, and it broke not-so-cleanly through the floorboards with a thunderous thoom and a buzzing cloud of white sparks and smoke. Emonalach’s squinted eyes widened as he gazed upon the splintered wreckage, for the dresser did not look the part so much anymore. A pile of burning wood was a more appropriate title than that of furniture, for the broken dresser and floorboards had caused quite a commotion to their structural integrity. The singing of the despicable toys had finally halted, and all that the Enchanter could hear was the natural shifting of wood ash below.

With a gasp, Emonalach set his left arm upon the back of the fallen dresser next to him, keeping to his feet but only just. The reptilian couldn’t possibly have lived through such a cataclysm, but…what if it did? His eyes narrowed as his vision swam, and he knew with great dismay that he was out of options. His spells were all but finished, and he was far too weak to put up any sort of physical fight. Never in his effected memory could he recall any entity, living or dead, reducing him to such a sorry state.

Not even the Fallen's indomitable willpower could keep his legs from buckling, sending him to his knees in fragility and humiliation. Blood continued to trickle from his charred and severed arm, flowing as a liquid instead of dissipating into the air. Crimson tides spread across the drawer and into his steadily darkening vision. This wasn't a matter of pain.

He was dying.

Perhaps it is not my fate to learn of my past…

...perhaps instead...
    ...I should close my eyes and...

rest.
    Last edited by TheDoctor; 08-08-2015 at 04:44 AM.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

The post limit for this battle has been reached. Judgement is in progress and scores will be posted shortly. Great work, both of you! thanks for making my job so freaking difficult.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

My Son; My Sun.
    Mentioned
    316 Post(s)

Siksta

I liked the way you took us through Ra-Ja's mental process, detailing not just the attacks he decided on, but how he came to decide on each one. It was very much in keeping with the Berserkers' tactical nature, and drive toward victory. There were several times where I felt you pushed the limits of your alloted action/reaction (ie: post two - ascended to the top of the dresser, threw the nail, drew your sword) but aside from that and a few minor grammatical errors, there wasn't much I could fault you on.

Spoiler: Scores. 

Doc:

The insight you gave into Emonalach's twisted mind made your side of the battle a pleasure to read; I cringed at the thought of him taking pleasure in destroying a small (though granted, incredibly annoying) child. I also thought his attempt to make 'Teddy' do the fighting for him was an ingenious use of the environment, despite its ineffectiveness.

Spoiler: Scores. 

Overall, this was a bitch of a battle to judge. There was no point where I found it tedious to read, or where I felt there was a clear lead by either of you. The beginning of the battle was definitely a cat and mouse game, with Emonalach spending a lot of time escaping the Berserkers' attacks, but the Fallen turned things around dramatically toward the end of the battle. Doc was also the only one to detail an attack from the bear, despite my instructions that it would attack every time one of you did not successfully land a blow. That evil little girl is going to be very upset when she sees the state you've left her room in!

The winner of this battle is TheDoctor.

On indefinite hiatus. I remain purple only for technical support, please direct queries to Scottie or another staffer. Thank you RPA for being my second home for so many years, and every member who makes this the wonderful place it is.

Click here daily to vote for RPA!

A Dandy Guy in Space
    Bark
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

His heart continued to beat, and his wound continued to bleed. Emonalach's breathing grew ever ragged as the fires continued to burn higher and higher, consuming much of the dresser by now. Vision faded as his fist tightened; he had lost. The reptilian still survived, somehow, and was almost certainly within inches of beheading him. Enough was enough, though. He had played his hand as best he could.

Let it come, then.

Suddenly, he was encompassed in white once again, whisked away from the girlish inferno by the puppet master's magic. A sigh of content gasped from his lungs at the realization of his victory, knowing that the lords of their twisted tournament were pleased with his performance. Feeling was restored to his right arm, which, in a swirl of white energy, returned to his elbow. The skin on his scalp knitted across the burned section, replenishing the hair that perched there before. His physical body felt completely rejuvenated from its previous state of exhaustion, and his vision returned fully to his cold, sunken eyes. He was ready for his next encounter.

Then a memory of his past seized him.

Thanks to Karma for the dandiest set
    Spoiler: RPs I'm in 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12