Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [M] IC Wars of Succession

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    fantasy mature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default [M] IC Wars of Succession

On the boarder of the Nordic Republic and the kingdom of Adiliwyr a lone rider pulls his horses reigns as he strides up towards a camp filled with soldiers. Men and women caked in dirt, and blood. They all seem to have a job, cleaning armor, or sharpening weapons every single person is exactly were they need to be. Except one man, he stands in the shadows by a grand tent. The kings tent. The rider pulls up his horse close to the man. "Is it done?" he asks dryly. "Aye, hes dead" the shadowy figure replied. " Good" the horseman replied before pulling his pistol out and shooting the assassin dead. The assassin rode away as some nearby guards ran to investigate the gun shot. "assassin!" they yelled as they chased after him. A few nearby riflemen took shots at him, ripping his cloak off. Exposing the riders true identity a soldier of the Count Frond Rieton...These events set off a chain of events that have plunged the realm into chaos. Many will die before a new king is chosen, and even more will rise to become as powerful as one. You decide your fate...You decide your king
    https://role-player.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=48592&dateline=143819  3728

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

John rode steadily along with the young Melody near him. He was uncertain as to the success of his mission, as John himself had faced off against the forces of the Count, and had become quite infamous. If John didn't know better, he'd say the Prince was purposely sending him off to his death, but he did not think that, for he trusted the prince, and looked on to him as the son he never had. This was was pointless, caused by greedy nobles who had more money than brains. Swine, the lot of them. If John had his way, he'd have had them cut to bits and their heads stuck on pikes on the castle walls. But that is for the future, for now, he has a job.

He slows his horse down to be even with Melody's. "Girl," he says, "Do you really think this will work? I understand the prince has much faith in you, but if I know the Count, and I certainly believe I do, I think the night will end with us with knives in our backs, in the dungeon, or fleeing for our lives. Frankly, it's a daft plan."

Spoiler: Things I like 

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Melody was not happy with the current situation, not in the slightest. First she had to travel into decidedly hostile territory filled with enemy soldiers who were most certainly under orders to take down and either kill or capture anyone not of their army, then she had to try to negotiate peace with the leader of that bunch. And worst of all she had to do it all while keeping what she considered to be the most violent, psychotic, bloothirsty warmonger who could ever call himself sane, from just outright making relations worse. So far it was not working since he had been doing nothing since they first set out on this mission but blather about how bad this plan was and how they were going to get killed by the Count's forces.

He should worry less about the count and more about the odds of me just leaving him in the mountains somewhere.
    Melody thought as the loudmouth once more went over his opinions.

"Yes in fact I do," Melody responded not even glancing up at the hotheaded warrior,
    "So long as you keep your mouth shut and you sword in it's scabbard when we get there."
    Melody said before she snapped the reins on her horse and trotted ahead. She needed to have some alone time before she outright shot the one who was supposed to be protecting her.
    I just hope the prince got my letter about this arrangement by now. This man is defiantly not going to help when it comes to talks of any kind.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Finally my chance to reclaim my old family lands Lucine thought as she rode her horse through the camp of gathering horse archers. She would have 20 soldiers under her command, not counting the various non-combat personnel, blacksmiths and cooks and other support staff. She approached her second-in-command. "We're being commanded by a woman?!" he said, almost sounding like the Sultan himself had given personal insult to him. "Yes, a noble woman at that, and if you have a problem with that then take it up with the Sultan, maybe he can reassign you. Maybe testing how sharp the executioner's blade is?" she said, definitely with an air of command about her. The man merely nodded and went about his business making sure the supply carriages were ready.

"So Lord Malynvr, I remember him" she said quietly to herself. "A major rival of the lord who betrayed my family and took our lands" she mused. This should be fun, I hope he remembers me she thought. After a few minutes she gave the order for them to move out. They started slowly at first, until they reached the open road and then they sped up, towards the river to the north of Soinian lands, and the border of her old family holdings.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

fantasy mature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

John, and Melody's Party
    Suriel and a party of knights had been riding hard toward the boarder castle of Longdale near the capital of Adiliwry. He brought a camp a 500 strong, however there had been delays with the baggage train and he was a few days off schedule because of it. Nonetheless his party would take the castle and seize a victory for his father. Suriel grew tired of fighting his own countrymen. His real enemy was the Sultanate. Any chance to kill one of the desert dogs would be a blessing for him. "General" A knight yelled. Suriels thoughts were interrupted. "General, the scouts have spotted a party moving right towards us" the man said. "How many?" Suriel asked "About 60, General" The man replied. "Well take 100 men and meet me here when you've collected them", The man nodded then rode off. "Well see just what these people want" Suriel said thinking aloud. He stood there looking he could now see the party, and no doubt they could see his.

Lucine's Party
    As Lucines party crossed the river they noticed some odd movement eastward, In the black marshes. Strange noises, shuffling, clanking, and smoke rising. night had begun to fall, and some of the more superstitious of the group began spreading rumors of Orc raiding parties following them. The soldiers of the group brushed the talk off as nonsense but still a fear lingered. There was something out there, the identity of friend or foe is still unknown
    https://role-player.net/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=48592&dateline=143819  3728

Modern, Historical, SciFi, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The peasant girl screamed as she tumbled backwards, tripping on the overturned chair in the darkened hut. Two men, most likely her father and brother, lay on the ground in front of her, throats cut, while two more men stood over their bodies, leering at her with bloodied swords. She wailed incoherently, pleading for help as they approached. Of course it was meaningless; the small village in which she lived was ablaze and most of its residents lay slain in the muddy road outside. No, there was no help coming for the peasant, Irena thought, just as no help came for her.

Irena turned away from the hut's entrance just as the door closed and muffled the girl's screams, then proceeded forward into the heart of the village. This place - Stonewell, according to the alderman she had interrogated a short while ago - was home to 150 people, though she knew the majority, including the alderman, were now dead or dying. Nothing was notable or particularly valuable about this place and the only loot aside from food and some basic supplies she'd manage to grab was the silverware in the alderman's hut. The only reason that she even bothered to attack it was because it was poorly defended and her men were getting restless. Including herself, the band of brigands she commanded numbered 23, a small but veteran force. Tiberiu had dispatched her with a reconnaissance mission near the Capital, and her band had already been traveling through the countryside for a week without any action, so she decided to nip any morale problems in the bud by organizing this little excursion.

One of her lieutenants, insofar as such a thing as actual rank existed in Tiberiu's forces, approached, then motioned behind him towards a dozen or so peasants, "Caught this lot runnin' through the forest. They were headed somewhere but won't talk on it."

Irena nodded, then walked up to the group. Almost all women and children, along with a single elderly man. "You there," she spoke, pointing her shortsword at the elderly man, "tell me where it is you were going."

"Cut my throat now, because I will tell you nothing, whore!" he said angrily, spitting in Irena's face.

Her lieutenant readied his sword to strike the man but she raised her hand, wiping her face and speaking, "Tough guy, huh? Thing about you martyr types is that you fail to recognize how your actions impact other people." She walked closer to group, right up next to the old man. "See, because you made this little scene," she said, sucker-punching one of the women next to him, knocking her to the ground. Some of the group tried to move and stop her but her own sword as well as her lieutenant's stopped them from intervening. "I now have to make my own!" Irena shouted, stomping on the woman's chest repeatedly. "Or else! I'm going! To! Lose! Face!" Each word in her sentence was punctuated by heavy kicks directly to the woman's head. The peasants were sobbing and wailing as Irena wiped blood from her face and confronted the elderly man, who cried pitiably, looking absolutely miserable, "Now, I'm going to ask you again, where were you going?"

"The abbey! They had walls and healers and-" The old man fell to his knees as Irena cut his throat and turned towards her lieutenant.

"An abbey will have many more valuables than this dump. I'm going to take Giles and a few of the others, scout it out. Robert, I trust you know what to do with them," she said, issuing a thumb in the direction of the peasants. Robert nodded and motioned for some of the men.

Irena stepped out of the burning village, now eerily absent the screams that had filled it earlier, and saddled up onto her horse.

fantasy mature
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Irena's Party
    The smell of burning straw permeates through the air, the tell-tale signs of pillaging. Sir Conrad green, a tall slender man whose large manor sat about a mile away from the village noticed the smoke rising from his village and assembled a group of militia to investigate. Someone was mucking about in HIS village, he didn't like the thought of that one bit. So him and his 20 men traveled towards the village..Unaware of the threats it might hold.

Willshaper
    Semi realistic, and fantasy, with a pinch of Sci Fi
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)

Riding ahead of a large party had it's advantages. Usually it was fairly quiet without all the noise of men and horses to clutter the air, it also let Melody appreciate the nature around her better as she could do so at her own pace.

And on this particular time it also let her see the rather suspicious looking horseman ride off toward what she could just barely guess was a much larger encampment,.
    "Great, first I get stuck with a crazy hothead now I get stuck between him and a whole camp.
    Someone up there must not like me this month." the woman said with a sigh before she turned around and trotted back to her main group.

As she passed John she said in a quiet voice.
    "There's another group nearby, I just saw a scout or someone rushing back. They probably will have more men than us, especially if they can afford to let one scout ahead. I don't think you can fight this one out."
    She said before riding back to the rear, she thought it better if she weren't armed to the teeth when she told the other group she was a dignitary sent by the prince to negotiate peace between him and the Count.

Melody took one last peek outside the wagon before she shut the flap and opened her chest of things. inside was a rather simple blue dress with some lacing along the sleeves and waist. Quickly she did her best to remove her normal clothing and donned the dress and a pair of matching shoes more befitting of a diplomat. Clothing in place she then did up her hair in a simple pony tail and slipped out and onto her horse.
    "Thanks for not peeking gentlemen." She said to the soldiers assigned to the wagon before she switched to ridding side saddle to accommodate her new clothing and rode up to her expected place in the large company.
    "Here's to hoping they have a sense of decency when dealing with strangers..." Melody said as the camp came into view.

"Life before death,
    Strength before weakness,
    Journey before destination."
    -The First Ideal

I really like all genres, And I really hate choosing just one but if I had to choose it's probably--
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Feolan dropped from his horse, looking at the Blackburn forest. He stood on a hill top, and could see the end of the forest in the distance. "We can make it to the other side of the forest by sundown." He said to Leia, who sat atop her horse and nodded. Leia took a sip of her water.

"Alright. Lets feed the horses first. The darlings must be hungry." Feolan chuckled and went to his pack bringing out some of the food they had for the horses. HE set it down in front of them and they began eating. Feolan sat on some rocks that were nearby. Leia walked over to him, sitting beside him. Feolan was quiet, looking up at the sky. "You've been rather quiet all day..." Leia said.

"Have I?" Feolan asked. He knew what day it was today. It was her birthday. Amira's birthday. Feolan didn't say anything to Leia. Leia didn't even know about Amira. Feolan saw the horses almost finished and stood up. HE walked over and picked up whatever they didn't finish, and got on his horse. Leia got on hers, realizing that Feolan probably doesn't want to share right now.

Leia began to realize why Feolan was so quiet. "I get it." She said. Feolan looked to her, their horses trotting the path through the forest quietly.

"Get what?" Feolan asked.

"What's her name?" Leia said to him, and Feolan slowly turned back to look at the path, trying to dodge the question. Leia kept asking, and Feolan caved.

"Her name is...was Amira." Feolan said quietly.

Leia nodded, and looked back to the path as well. "Is she..." Leia began to say, but stopped. Leaving it at that. Feolan did not answer.
    Last edited by Ragnarok; 08-02-2015 at 01:13 AM.

RPAs White Knight
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

As night fell and they set up camp, Lucine ordered 10 of her fellows to begin around the clock watch of the camp, leaving the finer details up to the soldiers themselves, as they knew what to do, and as a sign she trusted them. "Treat your soldiers like friends and they will follow you into battle, treat them like your beloved children and they will follow you into the darkest valleys" she said quietly, remembering her father's words of wisdom.

The flap to her tent opened and three people walked in. "Yes?" she said, raising an eyebrow. "Sorry to disturb you ma'am but we didn't have a chance to meet you before we left. We are your retainers, I am Salindra, your handmaiden, this young girl is Saidia, she's your stable girl, and this gruff old man is Asim, he is your blacksmith" the middle-ages woman of the group said. Lucine bowed and smiled. "Pleasure to meet all of you" she said. "May I?" Asim said, indicating Lucine's sword with his hand. Lucine nodded and handed it to him, he looked it over. "It needs a bit of sharpening, I will sharpen it now" he said, taking his leave. Before Lucine could talk to the two women she heard commotion coming from the southern side of the camp. "What is going on?" she said, grabbing her bow and clipping her quiver to her belt before going to investigate.

Thank you to Alice for making my sig and avi <3

Spoiler:  

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast