Thread: [M] Fire Corps (OOC)

Domina Noctis
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Default [M] Fire Corps (OOC)

Fire Corps

May contain violence, language and sexual content.

The Story

The Elutrian Empire has stood for hundreds of years but only recently started expanding. Emperor Iericho began this expansion after one of his alchemists accidentally discovered a mixture of powders that exploded when fire was applied to it. It destroyed half of the alchemist’s lab and the Emperor ordered that it be put to use. After sometime of research and several failed experiments the alchemists and engineers created what would be call a gun. With the power of guns Emperor Iericho was able to conquer several nearby nations without much effort. He became greedy and decided he would conquer the world one nation at a time. Twenty years have past and the Elutrian Empire has become vast and the Emperor’s Fire Corps feared. The Emperor never saw his dream come true he became an old man and died leaving his oldest son to take his mantle. Compared to his father Emperor Tychon is by far more ruthless. In his short rule of five years he has doubled war effort. Under his father’s rule the army was made completely up of volunteers though now with his many campaigns it is not large enough to support the Empire. He started first by forcing those that he conquered to join his armies but that wasn’t enough. His soldiers every several of months go to the villages and towns taking young men and woman conscripting them into his army. The best of those taken either from conquered lands or Elutria’s own people are made part of the Fire Corps an elite group of soldiers trained to use guns.

Technology

This is a Fantasy rpg played in a world much like Europe / The Americas in the 18th and 19th centuries. Though guns have been invented they aren’t widely use; most people that are outside of the Fire Corps use melee weapons such as axes, swords or distance weapons like bows and arrows. The main method of transportation is by horseback. There are some cannons but they are very rare even in the Fire Corps.

Musket Weapons - Land Pattern Musket

Length: 46 inches
    Weight: 10 Pounds
    Effective Range: 100 yards
    Load: Muzzle loaded, with a ball round using black powder
    Load capacity: 1 round
    Accessories: bayonet mounted to the barrel

Pistol Weapons - Flintlock Pistol

Length: 6 inches
    Weight: 2.5 Pounds
    Effective Range: 25 yards
    Load: Muzzle loaded, with a ball round using black powder
    Load capacity: 1 round

(Side note: I'm no expert on these weapons so the facts of these weapons may not be 100% accurate. They are combined from research on several variations of weapons used in the time period. The descriptions are just to give a rough explanation of the weapons.)
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 08-16-2015 at 08:08 AM.

Another round of bullets hits my skin. Well, fire away
    Cause today, I won't let the shame sink in. We are bursting through
    the barricades and reaching for the sun.

We Are Warriors

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

The World

Click on the map for a larger view

Elutria:
    Spoiler: Elutrian Flag 
    The Elutrian Empire is made up of many small villages and townships as well as several captured capital cities. Elerin is the capital of Elutria and is where the Emperor lives. It is the largest country in the land and is intent on growing by conquering other lands. Most people live in the Elutrian Empire whether by birth or by being conquered. There is a large military as expansion is the goal of the Emperor. Outside of being a soldier there are many people just trying to make a living be that by having a farm, blacksmith shop or bakery, etc. To keep his military growing the Emperor often has forced conscription from his own people and those of the lands he has conquered.

Capital: Elerin
    Regional Accent: Similar to a British Accent

Conquered Lands

Sarin:
    Spoiler: Sarin Flag 
    A coastal nation that derives most of it's income from the sea. They have a large fishing industry and shipping industry. Sarin has a large navy but it provided little aid against the Empire's ground forces. Has been part of the Empire for 15 years.

Capital: Myziel
    Regional Accent: Similar to a Spanish Accent

Calphryn:
    Spoiler: Calphryn Flag 
    A farming nation that has been under Elutrian rule for ten years. Most people from here are simple people that live off the land. Due to there being little sense of a formal military they put up little fight when taken over by the empire.

Capital: Skorn
    Regional Accent: Similar to a Scottish Accent

Kayana:
    Spoiler: Kayanain Flag 
    A land known for centuries for it's production of fine weapons and armor. It is known for the expert craftsmanship of it's blacksmiths. Kayanain blades are the most sought after weapons second only to the Empire's guns. The people of Kayanain are known for their ability to work with their hands. They tend to be rough people that don't sugar coat anything. Has been under Elutrian rule for eight years.

Capital: Forgrad
    Regional Accent: Similar to a German Accent

Orena:
    Spoiler: Orenain Flag 
    Orena is the land of renaissance, the land is full of artists, poets, and writers. They care more about the finer things in life then the wars of the world. When the Elutrians invaded they put up no fight and easily submitted to Elutrian rule. Has been part of the empire for nineteen years.

Capital: Idom
    Regional Accent: Similar to a French Accent

Free Lands

Wenthin Isles:
    Spoiler: Wenthin Flag 
    The location of the Wenthin Isles is the main reason why the Empire has not attacked them. They are located of the coast of the Nation of Teryan. They do not support the Empire or any other nations. Though they do trade with nations through the land. The people of Wenthin believe that the war has nothing to do with them and refuse to take sides. Being an island nation they have a large fishing and trading industry. But what they are most known for is the tobacco that only grows on the isles. Wenthin tobacco is sought after by all nations.

Capital: Gizzlin
    Regional Accent: Similar to a Australian Accent

Lorenia:
    Spoiler: Loreniain Flag 
    Protected by a large mountain range Lorenia is a largely isolated region known for their mining of fine metals and gems. It is a very rich land where most people make a living either working in the mines or some manor of manufacture of the material. Jewelry is the number one export of the land. They have remained neutral in the conflicts of the world partly due to the protection of the mountains and partly to the fact they have been on the verge of a civil war for years. There is a large class divide in the land between the workers and the nobles.

Capital: Lorscow
    Regional Accent: Similar to a Russian Accent

Teryan:
    Spoiler: Teryan Flag 
    One of the last remaining free lands and the only nation that has been able fight off the Empire. Teryan has repelled the Elutrian despite the fact that the entire royal family is believed to be dead. The people refuse to give into the Empire fighting back at every chance they get. Cities along the front lines of the war are in a consent state of changing hands between the two sides. Teryan has lost most sense of a formal army and operates in small guerrilla style groups. The one thing that gives the people of Teryan hope that they can repel the Empire is that though the Emperor claims to have killed the entire royal family there is rumor that one royal heir is still alive. Emperor Tychon tends to take trophies from his conquests. For the land of Teryan he took the royal signet rings. He holds twenty-four rings but claims to have killed all twenty-five members of the royal family. The last member of the house of Teryan was the grand niece of King Goban, after several months of hiding she was found by the Dragoons. She was shot and fell into the fast currents of the River Obya. Emperor Tychon has declared her dead even though her body was never found. There are those that believe she still alive and as long as she is they will fight on, stealing whatever weapons they can from the Empire. Their forces are small and out matched but their spirit lives on in the hope that their Princess will be found and the Empire pushed back.

Capital: T'erya-Corte
    Regional Accent: Similar to a Irish Accent
    Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 08-16-2015 at 08:05 AM.

We Are Warriors

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Characters:

The Fire Corps and loyal Elutrians are closed.
    I am still accepting Teryans and other rebels.

I would prefer people play either as a member of the Fire Corps or something connected to them. A few people can play as members of the opposition though I would rather not everyone. I want a balanced number between the two sides. When I feel that enough people have joined a side I will close that side. Those in the Fire Corps can either be willing members or forced members. For those playing outside of the Fire Corps you many have guns but keep in mind that it wouldn’t be the best choice and it would be wise to have a back up. Most people in the opposition that have guns will have stolen them and their supplies would be limited because you can’t just go to a store and buy ammo.

Character Sheet:

Name:
    Height:
    Weight:
    General Appearance:
    Allegiance:
    Home Nation:
    Weapons / Armor:
    Biography:

Non-Playable Characters:

If you want to play as one of these characters you are welcome to except for Emperor Tychon and Princess Teigan, just send me a PM if you are interested. Also if you do want to play with one of the others you are welcome to tweak the profiles a bit.

Spoiler: Emperor Tychon Jarith 

Spoiler: Princess Teigan Nualláin 

Spoiler: Prince Freyman Jarith 

Spoiler: Prince Zurick Jarith 

Spoiler: Princess Kuria Jarith 

Playable Characters

Spoiler: Angel Della Note - Niamh Riagáin 

Spoiler: Angel Della Notte - Greyson Myer 

Spoiler: Rahz Stormhammer - Marcus Cain 

Spoiler: Sonic - Aidan Canning 

Spoiler: StormWolf - Alistair Blackstock 

Spoiler: Kevster559 - Kyazan Yuzto 

Spoiler: SanAndreas - Sonia Quijada 

Spoiler: Dnafein - Ranulf MacOidhche 

Last edited by AngelDellaNotte; 10-09-2015 at 01:54 AM.

We Are Warriors

Fantasy; Sci-fi; Dark Fantasy; Adventure; Mature;
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

How did you do the flag? Oh, reserve me
    "May the great Twelve have mercy on us all," - Marius, Inquisitor of the Crown

Spoiler: Random stuff 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Rahz you are reserved and I made the flags on Flag Designer. Except the Elutrian Flag I did the base of it with that site then tweaked it with Photoshop.

We Are Warriors

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hm, sounds interesting, reserve me please/

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Reserved Sonic. I am thinking six to eight players so you are good.

We Are Warriors

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

is it possible that we could go a little...fantasy with the weapons?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Domina Noctis
    Fantasy and Scifi
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Fantasy in what way? If you want something like swords, axes or bows and arrows etc. It is in the realm of possible. The Elutrian are really the only ones to have a large stock pile of gun. Everyone else will mostly use melee style weapons and stolen guns.

We Are Warriors

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

no, I mean fantasy with the guns, like with repeating rifles like so:

it can fire multiple times before reloading because it has multiple loaded barrels.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast