Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, sci fi, apocalyptic, comedy.
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Alright tank ya.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

I want to ask what is wrong with my writing. It's not for a humorous question here, I don't have one. I don't know where I should ask about it. But I join threads for roleplaying, and those stop when I would very willingly still go on. I start things, with roleplaying requests, and get no responses, while other requests do get responses. So I want to know what it is. I have tried to have something that keeps going, for a long while now.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

It’s always disheartening when you’re enthusiastic about an idea and no-one else seems to be, but try not to take it too personally. Likewise people have all kinds of reasons for dropping out of RPs even if they were having fun and / or wanted the story to finish. Turning imagination into text can be hard, as can finding the time and the right headspace to do so.

If I may suggest a solution, perhaps browse the 1x1 requests (IIRC a few people have specifically requested long-term projects) or check out the Roleplays I Want To See thread. If you want to drop some of your ideas there I might be able to suggest some members with similar interests.
    Spoiler: My RP links 

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Salvation in Fantasy
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azazeal849 View Post
    It’s always disheartening when you’re enthusiastic about an idea and no-one else seems to be, but try not to take it too personally. Likewise people have all kinds of reasons for dropping out of RPs even if they were having fun and / or wanted the story to finish. Turning imagination into text can be hard, as can finding the time and the right headspace to do so.

If I may suggest a solution, perhaps browse the 1x1 requests (IIRC a few people have specifically requested long-term projects) or check out the Roleplays I Want To See thread. If you want to drop some of your ideas there I might be able to suggest some members with similar interests.
    Thanks for this response. I have tried in a few 1x1 requests, ones I made and ones I responded to there, not that I mean I will give up on that. I will certainly try using the Roleplays I Want To See thread, and show some ideas I have. Thanks for that suggestion. I really do want to work with ideas of others, too. I especially want to use fantasy in the writing, but I would adapt to various genres others want to try writing for, as much as I can, too.

Adventure, fighting, and mage type
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yeah, I'm pretty new here only been on for a couple of days not gonna be online on the weekends but also what are u guy's hobbies?

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Besides site moderation, you mean? :P

Writing (obvs), reading, history, travelling, going to gigs, D&D. I used to enjoy kayaking and snowboarding but I haven’t done either for a long while now.

PM me for novelised versions of any of my RPs, or ones that I have participated in. Set by the awesome Karma.

Adventure, fighting, and mage type
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Cool!

New Forum Person
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dude, how does this site work? I’m most likely not going to stay.

The Replicant
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

Hi Almanac, broadly the different areas of the site are as follows:

Downtown is for random conversations and silly posting games

Entertainment section for discussing hobbies and interests

Here to browse or post group RP requests

Here to browse or post 1x1 RP requests

Don’t be shy about PM-ing one of the moderators (green or purple names) if you have a question or need some help finding writing partners.

Military, Slice of Life, Anime Fandoms
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

What's after five gold stars?
    "Good men mean well, we just don't always end up doing well."

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 242526