Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart of Pure [M] [OOC]

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Default Heart of Pure [M] [OOC]

Spoiler: Short Version 

"Sure everything is ending, but not yet."-Unknown
    Do you I have your attention? Well then, let me feed your thoughts.

What if all you could see, the things you could touch, the odors that you’d smell, all the emotions you felt, and the melodies that you could hear, were all misdirection? That destiny, is no mere thought or concept, but is in all actuality, more real than anything you know. And, what if you could change that reality? Would you walk a pre-determined destiny? Or carve out your own?

In all of this, there is but one truth, so masked with misdirection that it takes, something special to find. You’re alive, you’re human, and you’re not bound by the cuffs of fate. You have a choice; will you take up the responsibilities of that freedom? Or bind your own-self to all consuming fate?

On this ground, we plant our feet, build our homes, and raise families. The Gods long ago offered our ancestors, as the last one fell from on high, that gift. In return they only asked that we live on. They required no praise, and no church, not a single offering in their name. Somewhere, long forgotten, their powers rested and they would only appear to us in dire times of need, when we teetered on the edge of chaos. Crest, our world, would go decades, centuries even without a single word of direction from them, and this meant all was right in our world. They were not puppeteers playing our fates against our own well-being, if we waged war it was our doing, if we fell, we were to stand, but if our knees gave in and our bodies became limp, they appeared and offered only what was needed, even when we begged for more, they would not feed us.

It has been only of recent times that some have noticed the decline in our prosperity, and in our world as a whole, and yet the Gods give no warning, and make no appearance. Some doomsayers, say our time has come, and others pay it no mind as if it were all supposed to just happen this way. Even fewer understand that something is amiss, and that the threshold of our protection is wearing thin. What does it mean? Will we be alone, and are expected to atone for our wrong doings? Or is there something more? Something we can’t see? God’s who seek only the survivals of a race do not just accept that it is a lost cause and move on, or do they?
    We look to the sky, and receive no messenger. Today we are alone.

Our year is currently moving into the third millennia, tonight when the hand falls to midnight, humanity will have lived for three-thousand years within Aegis. The following is the most recent five year history.

You're still here, then let me tell you of my world

Spoiler: Summary 

Prepare yourself, I'll now take you into my world.

Spoiler: Details of Summary 

Spoiler: Vocal Records 

Let me show you my power.
    Welcome to the world of Crest, and the home of humanity and the tower known as Aegis. In our world there are a slew of things, we as inhabitants can do or have the choice of obtaining. For instance, biological implants that makes us physically strong and part robot? It exists! So, wanna be a cyborg? Or would you rather keep your mana conducting flesh and use our current technology to fire bolts of electricity? It can happen! And all for the inexpensive cost of, absolutely nothing! Seeing as you’re designing your own character you have full creative control over what goes into and comes out of your body. Without further stalling I’ll hop right on to explaining a few things Starting with Magic/Mana

The Skills and Technology that focus Mana into Magic.
    People are a fountain of what we call “Mana”, an energy source that while limited in production is renewable with the proper amount of rest. “Mana” is what humans use in day to day activities it is effectively our energy that allows us to eat, work, play, think, and live. Depending on how much of it you use in a day to day, you may require more rest than others, as the over production of Mana will cause fatigue and even exhaustion. “Magic” is the result of that overproduction. As citizens of Aegis we all have been blessed with the genetic technology that course through our DNA. This technology is called Nano-Hypes and has been genetically imbedded into us for several decades now, this is what allows us to produce a physical form of “Mana” or “Magic”.

“Magic” can be manifested in several different kinds of forms.
    Spoiler: Magical Forms 

Technologies: Biological or Otherwise

Year 2999 has a lot of shiny toys, and I mean…A LOT of shiny toys. Our technologies far surpass most of the technology you know and worship as idolistic items you cannot do without. Most of what will be listed have their civil uses but are given to combat operatives only. Seriously though, if you can’t find a civil use for a system that allows you to jump thirty feet in the air, and bounce around like a marble in a pinball machine, then you, as a person, should go die in a hole.

Spoiler: Technologies 

The world of my creation.

Crest

A planet of unfortold infinince, beauty, and monstrosity. Since time began, people had stone-walled themselves against the forces of nature, the maniacal beasts that could not have their bloodlust sated, and the wars that man could not do without as they hungered for more power, and more money. For decades, centuries, and millennia, crystals clear waters ran red with blood, and black with disease, and then once the days ended, clear again. For decades, centuries, and millennia, the creatures fought for their homes just as man fought to expand his, in the end, nature won a war that looked as if to never cease and the tower called Excel was built to keep the two, human and nature, from ever again intertwining. Crest fell back to its old ways, and more so, nature took advantage of old ruins, and used them to grow itself more than it ever could before. Trees rivaled skyscrapers and forests now stretched as far as oceans that ran of crystal waters. But the most important, Excel was so large, that its run off was actually ejected into the space outside of Crest’s orbit.

The Excel Tower (Aegis)
    The Excel Tower was system of floors and gates that expanded up, rather than out. The tower was designed around a system that inevitably was failing, but was still useful enough to the people. That system was one that could at the expense of energy, could recycle resources. In the long run, water, air, and power could be recycled, but power would eventually fade out, unless an alternative was found. Humanity lived in the tower in the city built within known by its name Aegis, which meant shield. It was a mention to the fact that it played its role as a shield to human and nature, protecting them from each other. The tower is both a system and it is divided to make the system run efficiently.

Spoiler: The Architecture of Aegis 

The information you need to know.

Information that has place in the story but had no place being entered into the opening post. This will contain several strings of information in which you will need.

Spoiler: Misc. Information 

Images of my world

Spoiler: What you may or may not see 

Who are you? Why do you belong in my world?

Spoiler: Your Character 

Notes on everything.

Consistent updates will be made here, including synopsis of how far we've come and character relationships prior to the beginning of the RP, as well as developing relationships. There will also be a wall of characters who did not make it to the end with the rest of us, a final respect in lieu of their death. This area will not be spoilered and updates will be dated.

Please keep in mind this is the first but main draft, small additions will take place until the official launch of the rp

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Welcome, new and old. To the world of Heart of Pure

ACCEPTED CHARACTERS
    The Internet
    Seig Virelius & Atris Strain

Pheasant
    Seven
    Samuel Blithe

Maya
    Corbin Devry

Heson Shadowbane
    Rebecca "Becks" Nashor

Axton
    Cole Williams

AliceMalice
    Nyxeris Coriolis

Megilwen
    Nasrin Kartal

SanAndreas
    Cheiko "Coco" Arnett

Soulreaper
    Peter Yaties

Last edited by Anti-Hero; 11-06-2015 at 05:20 AM.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC
    War on High Interest Check
    Got a discord? Hit me up via a PM we can do an info exchange!

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Reserving a spot - Healer or Magical. I'll get something together as soon as I can

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Name: Seig Virelius
    Organization: Sect
    Title: Guardian

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Appearance Photo 

Written Appearance
    Seig stands stout at 6’1 and is built as strong as any athlete. He is overall a broad built person making him a little intimidating to look at and while he has a “clean” look about him, it’s very obvious he’s more concerned with things other than combed hair and a trimmed bear. How many times has he tried to grow his hair out now? He’s lost count so it sits between short and medium more consistently than anything else, though when left to his own devices, he’ll quickly let it get unruly and messy. His notable qualities, are a pristine collar bone and well-shaped jawline. He does have a few blemishes, mostly consisting of small surgical scars around his neck, forehead, and right eye.

His skin is a medium tone though noticeably he was at one point extremely pale, almost sickly looking. His hair has a bit of a curl to it and falls into the color range of brown and dark brown, though origins of a blonde leave their foot prints in highlights strewn throughout his hair. Seig’s facial hair comes in extremely full and grows fairly quickly for no real reason.

Personality
    How would one describe Seig upon first meeting him? Calculating, cold, angry, distant? Maybe you could find the right words for yourself. Seig was raised to be a soldier, to fight for the good of mankind and his heart, mind, body, soul, and mana are dedicated to what he believe to be the right path. So many words have come up and been tossed in his direction. Its often Seig is called narrow minded, prejudice, and pessimistic. What he considers, how he thinks, is not approached the same way that other approach thought. His words are usually what people need to hear, rather than what they want to hear. His every move is leading him to a greater purpose, whether its something as simple as saying “hello” or something as complicated as leaving a dying man to his fate or assisting him.

Seig’s personal goals are tied up in his want to save the world from its more magnificent problems. The resource crisis, the subjugation and separation of this worlds people. Seig finds importance in life though form hearing him talk and watching him act you wouldn’t be so sure. You’d question him, his motives, his actions, and until the day he sat down and told you what he was working for you’d never entirely understand…who’s to say you would even then?

Background
    The Early Years
    Seig’s childhood was an upheaval of worlds and constant alterations to find the most fitting regiment to what could be called “perfect life”. In his earliest year Seig remember a woman in rags who took care of him and taught him the basics. He remembered running around in a shirt that was too big for him, but never had any pants to wear. The insects and dust kicking up against his legs made them rough, calloused. His feet were inches thick with dead skin that had grown from nothing whilst he had climbed through burned out buildings and up into the rafters of the walls. He, like many other street rats, was just an orphaned child with no place to call home…or, was everywhere his home? He had no roof sure, but he had no walls to contain him (respectively speaking). He couldn’t recall everything, honestly it was probably for the best. What he did remember was many night going to bed hungry and cold, sometimes kids tried to beat him up because he was small and much of his early life was a war. There was a saving grace though, Evelyn and Amy. Evelyn was an old woman who wore ragged clothes and Amy was her youngest daughter, also Seig’s best friend. He spent much of his time sleeping around their hovel and was always trying to assist Miss Evelyn with whatever help she needed. She was his keeper, essentially his mother without being his mother. Many kids in the Slums had them it wasn’t uncommon in the slightest.

Amy, was something different to Seig, his first love? No, at that time they were to young. But she was family and he would have walked through bullets and fire to protect and serve her. In a way you could say he was in love with her, though neither of them would have known it. There was one time, he scaled a wall just to pull down a ripped up teddy bear some kids had stolen from Amy, after which he proceeded to beat the kids into a bloody mess. They were some ruffians a few years older than Seig and they were the type to push people around. Matter of fact even the police had been called on them a few times. That day held some remembrance for both Amy and Seig, as it was the last day they would have seen each other and it was the day “Seig” became “Seig Virelius.”

It was that day he was adopted by a head MP named Adrian.
    “One day Seig, you’ll be strong enough to protect them all, not just Amy..”

The Mid Years (Middle school, High School Era)
    School…so much school. Adrian, Seig’s adoptive father was a hard man to learn from. Everyday was lessons.
    Monday and Tuesday: Math and Science
    Wednesday and Thursday: English, History, and Political Science.
    Friday and Saturday: Applied Logical Assessment to General Stratagem.
    Sunday: Physical Training and Combat Applications

His entire middle school and high school careers were taught at home, respectively speaking because he lived on a military outpost. Adrian was a grueling administer, though Seig was happy that he wasn’t his personal teacher. Adrian hardly had time to be home, but where he was Seig took a day and Adrian took a day of which was spent together, just the two of them completely uninterrupted.
    Seig’s teachers were hired directly by Adrian and he was taught ten hours of every single day at his home. Homework was not common for him, but due to his grueling exercises both mentally and physically Seig didn’t really do much else aside form study..It paid off.

It wasn’t easy, never seeing his adoptive father but Seig respected him enough to keep his mouth closed and just wait for his return home. They were a real family or atleast as real as Seig was used too. When it came down to it Adrian was highly admired by Seig, and thus he continued training and learning as Adrian suggested.

MP and Sect:
    Seig’s time at the academy was spent like any prior trained recruit. He bested most of his classmates and had very few peers who equaled him on the battlefield. There was one name mentioned who competed with him pretty consistently, but he couldn’t be bothered to recall the boy’s name because it didn’t matter to him. Once again Seig was tossed into a life of training defined by a specific schedule

Monday: Physical Training
    Tuesday: Leadership Modular 1-10
    Wednesday: Applied Logical Assessment to General Stratagem
    Thursday: Physical Training
    Friday: Mission Prep and Briefing
    Saturday and Sunday: Realistic Battlefield Applications

Sect began under the supervision of Adrian, however during its creation he passed away due to natural causes and the program was handed down to Seig who became its official administrator. Seig knew however, that wasn’t what he wanted to do. Seig wanted to fight for change, not sit behind a desk and sign papers. In its creation he decided to hand the power to a council system of his peers. Eight controllers of Sect would deem when the call for Sect was necessary and how Sect would approach its battles or missions. From the point of the council’s creation Seig stepped away from it all together and decided not to get involved.

Seig began training recruits very quickly and did take complete control over the standard for a Sect operative. During training he enlisted the help of several MPs he’d worked with back at the academy and infact ended up bringing them into Sect as recruits for the first squadron of Sect, his Squadron.

Sect was going to be the first time in Seig’s life since he’d been a child that his choices, his life, was at his discretion….strange.

Title Description
    "I will fight for you..I will speak when your tongue is tied, I will listen when your ears have been muddled, I will walk when your legs cease to move, I will raise my shield in your defense when you no longer are capable of holding your own, I will raise my sword so you don't have to raise your own, I will be your shoulder when you need to lean, and when your lungs no stop their breathing, I will be your breath...I am your Guardian."- Seig Virelius: Oath to Sect Operatives

Weapons:
    Shield: A primary symbol of his title Guardian, a shield that takes the shape of a standard circle. This shield has several specialties including one that allows an expansion and de-expansion in size. The normal size of the shield covers roughly just the upper torso, but once expanded it covers the entire width from head to waist allowing for proper defensive measures to be taken. Its made out of the same materials used to make the armor for Sect and is capable of withstanding missile barrages and long durations of gun fire. Its secondary measure of defense is one that requires the users to essentially hold himself perfectly still. The shield is flooded with the power of a PAGF and user receptors and nodes that allow escape, the power of the PAGF is transferred into a force field that can cover a 10 meter radius, and when pushed to its limit a full 20 meter diameter.

Sword: This sword is Seig’s personal weapon of choice, while he is capable of using the gunblade, he prefers this large sword dubbed “Mech Breaker”. Seig’s monstrous strength allows him to wield this massive sword both one and two handed as if it weighed about the same as a feather. This blade is about six foot in length and spans the width of your average male body. These sword were designed to break down mechanized soldiers as well as cut through vehicles, though their use is somewhat rare. Like Seig’s shield the sword experiences the same link with his PAGF unit and allows him to pour its power into the blade and use it to rip apart mechs and other things that might be considered problematic. Upon activating the trigger of the blade the edges will explode violently with a force of energy that expands outward at about two feet, capable of ripping asunder whatever it touches.

Armor:
    Spoiler: Armor Photo 

Profession- "Non-prioritized"

Operation types:
    Guardian Force: Leader

__________________________________________________ ___________________________

Name: Atris Strane
    Title: Strain

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Photo 

Appearance Notes: No noticeable differences from the picture

Personality:
    We’re talking about a man who will buy you a round, then buy the bar a round, top it off with three or four more, then himself will drink milk or soda and watch the festivities roll. We’re talking about a man who looks like he listens to hard rock or metal but listens to old orchestra and instrumental. We’re talking about Atris Strane and enigma to his fellow soldiers but a damn fine leader and the closest Seig considers to family these days. Those two, while never in the same place have a mutual respect that goes completely unmatched. He is popular with every lady but stays single, he smiles when shakes you hand and when he takes your life. He simply…is. His goals are unimportant, his future is set and he’s happy where he’s at.

Background: Atris has no formal background. Seemingly he was pulled from nowhere and that's just what his parents intended to happen. You see, Strain is a name given only to a select few born from a testing facility that is kept well hidden and its secrets maintained by only the highest authority. As his title implies he is a compilation of DNA taken from multiple strains and spliced together. This entire experiment was an attempt to create the perfect "human", but was called off due to un-forseen difficulties with the list of clones.

At his birth Strain was the 3rd in a line of four hundred and seventy-two clones. He was one of the few successes...rather, he was one of the few that lived past his teen years. Many of the clones broke down at a cellular level and some had to even be put down due to massive emotional distress. The current number of survivors is only known by a few men who have sense disappeared from the tower. What is known of Atris Strain? Well, mostly its a mystery and what information lies here is only in the hands of two people. Strain and Seig have kept a close relationship upon Seig's discovery of the circumstances of Strain's birth. He is a friend, but a friend kept under a watchful eye.

Background: ?

Title Description: He is a strain of the original

Weapons:
    Spoiler: Sniper Rifle Photo 

Armor:
    Spoiler: Photo 

Profession- "Non-prioritized"

Operation types:
    Alpha Black- Leader
    Last edited by Anti-Hero; 09-27-2015 at 08:05 AM.

What is a King without his pride? If you're looking for answers come find them in my first RP since my return to RPA!~
    Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Name: Seven Delta Omega
    Title: Zeus

Appearance:
    Spoiler: Seven 

Seven is a man of average height with short, military cut hair and a pair of sharp and cold blue eyes that seem to say “Fuck you” at every moment, even when the man is alone. He has a medium build focused more on speed than pure muscle, and on duty wears the standard Sect uniform. Even when engaged on combat missions he rarely deviates from this, as any sort of additional equipment is liable to either short circuit, or go boom as the case may be.
    Off duty, he wears a very breathy V-neck held secure during trips amongst the tallest buildings Aegis has by leather suspenders locked into black slacks.
    Underneath Seven’s clothes, down his spine, are a series of macabre steel mounds grafted tightly to the mans flesh and secured around his thoracic curve. The devices mimic his spine in design to allow for unobstructed flexibility, but housed in each steel vertebra is a thick needle designed to inject directly, and quite painfully, into each respective real vertebra underneath.

Personality: While several on the force can be said to have a bad temperament, few can match the consistent disdain that Seven holds for nearly every member of Sect. While many consider this lack of comradery a liability, especially amongst the line officers who have seen Seven’s handywork, the results he produces, in addition to his handler, an agent of the Cabinet who simply goes by the moniker Dr. Alfonse, have silenced any opposition to the continued use of “Zeus”.
    Sevens goals are not particularly complex, nor political in nature. He fights alongside Sect, because if he didn’t, he would be their next target, or so the good Doctor says.
    Still, something has awoken in the back of Seven’s mind...a little voice in the distance, whose words he cant quite make out yet.

Background: Twenty years ago, a group of economists, scientists, and politicians gathered in secret to discuss the crisis looming on the horizon, today known as E3M.
    In order to temper the crash that was soon to come, a new operation was established under the name of Project Omega, an attempt to find alternate sources of power.
    In the end, it was decided that the solution would not come from new technology, but
    old. By manipulating the human genome, a new line of meta-human was born with an innate gift for harnessing the MANA element lightning, and producing it from their bodies like living generators.
    The projects birth was slow, funds for continued progress dwindling to the point that the scientists began ordering new test subjects to be kidnapped so they had a wider gene pool. It took several years and a pool of corpses, but eventually the scientists reached their genesis. One Delta Omega was born, a small collection of disorganized cells that produced electricity an order of magnitude larger than their collective mass.
    With the birth of One, research quickly produced six more subjects born from test tubes, but each was a miserable failure, until Seven Delta was synthesized, the first stable living being created from the project. Although he had several genetic abnormalities, including a high risk for genetic disorder, the research gained allowed two more Omega’s to be born.
    When the government finally disbanded, Delta Eight and Delta Nine vanished.
    But Seven remained tucked away in the secret lab, an eternally slumbering generator for the facility until he was awoken by Sect, after they had stormed through a gang that had been squatting above the labs entrance.
    Releasing Seven finally shut the labs emergency power down. And the other monsters awaiting even deeper inside of the lab were finally released from their cages.

Title Description: Seven’s title “Zeus”, comes from his preferred style of combat, rising high into the air by manipulating his magnetic field, well out of the reach of small arms, and raining down great bolts upon key targets below.

Weapons: None, due to the large volume of electricity that passes through Seven constantly. Ammunition and explosives that come into contact with his bare flesh have the tendency to detonate immediately.

Armor: Again, none. Metallic armor that touches Seven’s skin becomes immediately electrified, which can be very dangerous for nearby squad mates. Seven has experimented with ceramic and kevlar plate, but it makes magnetic flight impossible.

Profession: Lightning - Seven is an electrical conduit, and although his prodigious manipulation of lightning disallows him from using any form of modern equipment, it is more than powerful enough alone. He relies upon the most offensive forms of his element, deadly lightning bolts to strike down his adversaries. When he has access to another electrical conduit, even another willing lightning user, he can supercharge his body to reach the peak of physical strength and speed. Most recently, he has begun to explore the more advanced degrees of lightning, using electromagnetism to mimic the mobility of the PAGF, in addition to manipulating his own EMF field to “Hover”, as his squad mates have described it. Other techniques involving magnetism loom in the distance, but will require extensive training.

Operation types: Guardian Force, Seven has been transferred between each of the three task forces at least once for this reason or that, but has now been a member of the Guardian Force for the longest stretch of time. Despite this, he has developed a deep disdain for its current Commander, Sieg Virelius.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Good bio Pheas, as always I'm glad to see Seven coming back.
    Hopefully we can get a slew of people here.
    And Meg's joining the mix.
    Last edited by Anti-Hero; 09-27-2015 at 08:14 AM.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

That one Reaper Guy
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mostly everything, I suppose
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I'll reserve a spot. Fire magical dude. I intend to make a different character from my old one. He was far too simplistic and bland. Maybe this time I'll actually give him character and personality!

I will say in advance, school starts up on Monday, so between that and a job, I will do my best to stay consistent.
    Thanks to Karma for the Avatar and Signature

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I'll be glad to have you back. And don't worry I'll help work around your schedule there bud.

Lion Heart OOC
    Lion Heart IC

New Forum Person BlueTheOctopus's Avatar
    Fantasy and Horror
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would love to reserve a character who prioritizes in ice magic. I'll post it as soon as I can.

Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Corren Marbrand
    Title: Celerity

Spoiler: Appearance 

Written Appearance

Standing at 5 foot 9 inches, Corren is a little under the average height for a man his age. He takes it in stride, however, focusing on his athletic form as best he can. With easily defined muscles and an easy smile, he's someone that seems easy to approach on the outside. However...

Personality

While at first he's quick to smile and laugh with you, it quickly becomes apparent that a lot of Corren's easygoing attitude is an act. If you don't prove yourself to him as a capable person, he'll throw you aside and move on without ever looking back. There's only room for the strong in his life and he's at the very center of it.

Background

Even from a young age, Corren was told by his parents over and over again that he was special. Friends of the couple told him it was because they'd been trying for years to have a child, others simply agreed after meeting him. He attracted everyone around him, filling him with a sense of being more than just a child. Being more than just 'another face in the crowd'. Pride swelled in his chest every time he accomplished something beyond his age; but it obviously couldn't last forever. He was smart and quick to learn, but also stubborn in his own way. So when he refused to change his ways as he grew older, his parents came down on him – hard.

That was the first time he learned that he was the only one he could rely on.

He was quickly shipped off to a military academy, expected to learn his lesson and quickly come back. But he surprised everyone by putting his all into everything he did, quickly becoming the top of the class in every class. Whenever his parents mentioned perhaps coming back, he either ignored them or vehemently denied any desire to return. In time, they grew distant until eventually they stopped contacting him entirely. His tuition was already paid for in full, so when he emerged a young man, he was offered a place in the Sect for 'free'.

Nothing was really free in the world, he knew that already. Even so, he accepted.

There's a lot of work involved in learning to pilot a mech. Uncanny reflexes, for one. The ability to distinctly analyse the battlefield and make the best decisions with your equipment, for two. Also knowing how to avoid stepping on your allies. Corren learned all those lessons very quickly and soon climbed to the top of all his classes yet again. When he graduated, he was immediately put to work.

And yet, despite it all, he never quite felt satisfied.

Title Description

Speed is one attribute that Corren always felt would overpower brute strength. If you were fast enough, no one would even leave a scratch on you. So far, that philosophy has held true.

Weapons

Spoiler: XM419 Roland 

Spoiler: Panther Rifle 

Armour

Spoiler: XM419 Calibration Suit 

Profession

Non-prioritzed.

Operation types:
    Guardian Force: Close-Fire Support

A Leaf on the Wind
    Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Mythology, ect
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Name:
    Spoiler: Corbin Devry 

Title: Vapor

Personality: She's a woman with two distinct personalities. Corbin is just a regular girl. She's playfully serious. Meaning business comes first; but, when the day is done, there's always time to hit a club or bar just to have a good time once the grind of paperwork and assignments are done. Musically inclined, she can play the piano thanks to her mother's insistence. If only to be a pain in the ass, Corbin also learned to play the drums. Might even catch her singing with enough libation. Then there's Vapor. Most regular citizens identify this persona as simply Mech 27. Their names are not synonymous as one. Few outside of Sect know Vapor is piloted by a woman.

Spoiler: Corbin 

Background: Corbin grew up on Level 14 as part of an affluent family. Her mother was a doctor and her father the owner of a construction business contracted to build housing for the residents of Aegis. Financially, she never wanted for anything. Growing up, she was given any toy, any game or any physical thing her heart could desire. Even so, the girl was never truly happy. Being bustling business people, Corbin's parents never had time for her. From the time she woke up until the moment her head hit the pillow, she was pretty much ignored. If there was an important function which necessitated the Devry's make an appearance, then they remembered their child. She'd be all dolled up and forced to smile to show all the other wealthy people they were a loving, happy family.

At around seven years old, she discovered a hidden talent by complete accident. During an argument between her mother and father, they started physically fighting. One pushing, the other shoving. Both yelling expletives no child should hear at such a young age. Scared and upset, she screamed.."Stop it!" at the top of her lungs while shaking her finger at them. Instantly they froze. Quite literally froze. Both encased in block of ice with hands wrapped around each others throats and mouths wide open. Safe to say, they never fought in front of her again.

So how did such a pampered, lonely princess end up piloting a Mech? I'm glad you asked.

In her teenage years, she became a club rat. Trying out all the newest bars and clubs looking for something to fill the void her parents left behind. No amount of drinking or dancing ever filled the gap. Nor did hanging out with other teens who were just as spoiled and vapid as she was. Corbin was searching for a purpose. One Friday night, an explosion rocked the entertainment district of Level 14. It took out her favorite hot spot along with causing several casualties. It was hard to believe something like this could happen HERE in her world. These types of things happened where the slums and gangbangers lived, not up here. Fighting poured out into the streets as more explosions and gunfire filled the area. Frightened, she hid inside a bus, peeking out the window as the melee grew. The ground beneath her began to rumble. For the first time in her 17 years, she laid eyes on a towering Mech. Her jaw literally dropped open. When it opened up those big guns on those who were trying to destroy her home, she was in awe the massive power they held. One didn't have to be an overly muscle bound, super soldier to control a machine like that.

Against her parents wishes, by 18 she'd applied for the military academy. Her only goal: become a Mech Pilot. For the first time in her life, Corbin had a reason to apply herself. The training officers had their doubts. Rightly so. Being all of 5'3", she was smaller than most of the other recruits and had never done any physical training besides the local gym. The bad habits of being a pampered youth helped get her whipped into shape. When she ran her mouth, there were push-ups. When she rolled her eyes at an order, there was a five mile run and when she chewed gum during briefings, she'd had to do so many crunches you could crack a walnut on those abs. The only reason they didn't kick her out was Corbin's tenacity. She learned the material with ease, had the work ethic to accept nothing less than perfection and never quit, or even talked of quitting, no matter what they threw at her. Her successes afforded the chance to move up in rank with the force over the years. Yet, her goal was always the same. Do what she had to do to earn the position of a Mech Pilot. After working the streets, doing special missions and enduring years of training on computer programming and mechanics, as well as hand to hand combat and weapons training, Vapor was born.

Spoiler: Vapor 

Title Description: Vapor is technically used in reference to the Mech; but, over time, it's also become regularly used when other Sect members request Corbin. The moniker was earned from her ability to produce a smoke like haze which seemed to make the machine disappear into thin air. A sneaky way to move in and out of danger zones at will.

Profession: Ice: Vapor and her Mech were specifically designed to use optofluidic ice channels embedded in the Mech to meld with her profession of ice to form one cohesive being. Through specially made gloves which interlock with a virtual control panel and the ice channels, the frozen liquid travels through these channels located to the right and left of the Mech's head, elbow joints, fingertips and feet which are then utilized to create a vapor. This vapor blocks visibility and freezes on impact with most surfaces.

Size: Unlike some of the older, much larger models, Mech 27 is not gargantuan in size. It's made to seat one in the cockpit. Technically, there is enough room to add a second chair; but, this option has yet to be needed. The machine stands 25 feet tall with ten feet in height dedicated to the cockpit and it's 360 degree Visual Panels so the pilot has few blind spots to contend with. It's been built with a super-strength light, metal alloy made with a combination of aluminum and other elements to create an armor just as strong as steel with less bulk yet more energy efficient. It's also allows for more flexibility and ease of movement.

Spoiler: MECH 27: 

Spoiler: Writing Sample 
    Last edited by Maya; 09-27-2015 at 11:03 PM.

Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast