Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [M]The Avatar Without a Name (Nacht/Zul)

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Lots of things, but especially anything with princesses. :3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Default [M]The Avatar Without a Name (Nacht/Zul)

IC Thread here

so yeah. plotting and stuff will happen here. here's your shamelessly copied character sheet. I'll get mine up within the next 15/20 minutes or so.

Name:
    Appearance:
    Brief personality summary:
    Skills:
    Weaknesses:
    Brief history:
    Anything else:
    Last edited by Zulera301; 11-07-2015 at 10:07 AM.
    'The Crown of Zivia' Word Count: 64319
    'The Crusade of Zulera' Word Count: 52548
    'The Shadows of Shinzoka' Word Count: 51000
    'The Rebirth of Krippa' Word Count: 51000
    'The Seer of Koldia' Word Count: 49114

The Avatar in Chains (fanfic)
    Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

historical, fantasy, dystopian, superpowers/gifted
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Great. I'll probably post something myself once I get a post up in the group RP.

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

sounds good. I'll do something too when I stop being lazy. or maybe tonight after my mom goes home.

Z. Zu. Zul. Zuzu. Zuly. Zulera. Lulu. 301. Zu-Zu. ZZ-Top. Zuliette. Zuley. Zulz. Zuul. Zubat. 'Lera. Zulianne. Z301. Z-hizzle. Z-dawg. Zulerey. Zully. Zulio. Luz. Ra-ra. Z-swiss. Zulera301.

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

alright, here's this xB

Spoiler: Shui 

Name: This fine young lady is often referred to by the spirits as "She who controls the Elements". Considering her origins, the young Avatar is otherwise technically without a name. There are some that nickname her 'Shui', but she does not very often refer to herself as such, making the validity of this name more of a variable.
    Age: Despite her enigmatic origins, her age is actually known. She is 22 years and 5 months old.
    Nation of Origin: as the successor of the previous Earth Avatar, Shui is presumably from the Fire Nation, although the wilds are a more appropriate story as to where she came from.
    Appearance: The current incarnation of the Avatar is a smaller, nimbler woman with questionable posture and the looks of a wild child. She dresses simply but practically, covering what she feels needs covered and leaving everything else uncovered. Incidentally, the clothes she usually wears are often colored brightly but simply. With brown skin, golden eyes and messy dark brown hair, her unkempt features and simplistic clothing could very well pass her off as a beggar in some towns. While she owns little, she is content with what she has.
    Brief Personality Summary: 'She who controls the Elements' is a cunning pragmatist almost to a fault. If she sees no real reason to do something, she will not do it. She eats when she is hungry and sleeps when she it tired, and as such, certain parts of human culture do not mix well with her because of her lack of understanding. Formalities often go over her head, and sometimes her words and actions come off as crude or vulgar. When she wants something, she works towards it, or in other cases relieves it from someone else's possessions. Despite these behaviors, she is not necessarily a bad person, or necessarily even rude all the time. Rather, as a 'feral child', she works and acts more on instinct rather than self-control.
    Skills: Like many Avatars before her, Shui's skills with the elements are surprisingly impressive, and she displays a mastery of water, earth, fire, and air, particularly the spiritual aspects. She is fierce and this ferocity drives her physical powers further, but she still has a ways to go before becoming a Fully Realized Avatar. She also possesses considerable spiritual attunement given her origins. Similarly, she has a closeness to many animals she meets, as well as spirits themselves.
    Weaknesses: Shui's primary weaknesses come from her lack of mastery (or knowledge) of the Avatar State, coupled with more efficient bending styles developed by humans over the years. Similarly, her disconnection towards the human race makes her vulnerable to natural ignorance regarding how society works and how people behave. Granted, this ignorance is not willful, but more comes from someone whose lifestyle and upbringing was far from civilization, leaving her more as an empty glass waiting to be filled rather than someone who refuses to learn.
    Brief History: The circumstances surrounding Shui's birth are hazy, to say the least. It is believed by the few who have seen this woman that she had come from the Sun Warrior city, but she has also been seen on the different Fire Islands, and it is believed that she has ways of getting around, including across the seas. Few, however, know that she is the Avatar, as she tends to mostly use her bending skills either for recreation or out of necessity--and more importantly, tends to not be seen by others due to her tendency to live away from civilizations. It's not that she is antisocial, but more just Shui gravitating towards what she is more comfortable with. Settled areas don't mix with her very well as things currently stands, and so she finds solace out in solitude or in nature. However... the way that humans make music has a way of enticing her, and so occasionally travelling nomads have spotted this woman on the fringes of their camp, watching intently as they make music and sometimes even being brave enough to ask to join them. All in all, however, the avatar has led a fairly simplistic life, and as such, she is a fairly simple woman at first glance.
    Anything Else: "Shui" comes from the Chinese word 誰, meaning "who". It is unknown who (or what) gave her that nickname, especially because she does not call herself such (although that might end up becoming her name).
    Last edited by Zulera301; 10-05-2015 at 08:29 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I was gonna make a guy, but then I found this picture and it inspired me:

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

honestly, that picture you posted in your OOC thread was loose inspiration for my character (and I might use it haha). That was what made it so funny that you posted it when you did.

either way, I'm fine with male or female. I don't think Shui will care one way or the other, since I don't imagine it will become romantic (but then again I didn't imagine that for Rye and Saj either and well yeah xP)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Haha I'm going girl. I blame the pic.

Name: Yolen
    Nation of origin: Air Nomads
    Appearance: Yolen stands at the average height of 5' 5". Unsurprisingly, due to her ascetic lifestyle she is also fairly slim. Despite this, she is fit from years of extensive training. She does dress simply, almost always donning the standard orange and yellow Air Nomad robes. She does also possess a pair of bright blue eyes. Her most prominent and recognizable feature, however, is her almost completely shaven head. Only a single ponytail remains, starting past her forehead. More recently she has come to possess the signature blue tattoos typical of Airbending masters.
    Spoiler: Reference pic 

Brief personality summary: As typical of most in her culture, Yolen tends to be calm and level-headed. She does not like to initiate conflict, instead preferring to observe from the sidelines or derive a more spiritual solution than fighting. On a slightly lesser level she does take fascination in things she knows little about; if she discovers something she knows little about she will do nearly anything she can to learn more about it.
    Skills: Yolen has recently been anointed as an Airbending master. By definition, she has obtained mastery over both the physical and spiritual aspects of Airbending. She is also incredibly patient and an excellent negotiator; she listens and is able to offer advice to those who need it.
    Weaknesses: Being raised as a pacifist Yolen is incredibly hesitant to get involve in any conflict regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. Due to her lifestyle she is also known to often neglect her own needs to the point of it becoming a danger.
    Brief history: Yolen was born in one of the easiest Air Nomad settlements. Staying true to their name of "Air Nomads" her family and their clan was known to move around a lot. In reality, home became mostly a blur to the young Yolen. Instead, from a young age, she began focusing on the teachings of her heritage. She learned everything from meditation to the more intense spiritual matters. By the time she was eleven years old she began regularly venturing out into the wilds with her parents. There they believed they could begin giving the gifted Yolen her Airbending training.

Impressing the other masters with her quickly developing skills, Yolen was soon taken in by the true masters of the art. When she was only weeks into her training her parents were scheduled to leave for another temple. Yolen was given the choice between continuing her training for going with her parents. Naturally, she chose the former. With her only true attachment to the physical world gone she began to focus more extensively on her training. The progress was initially slow with many roadblocks, only faltered further by her parents' return. With them sharing stories of their journey Yolen became eager to join them.

With a sense of adventure sparked within Yolen she opted to join her parents on their next journey. This put her training on hold until several years later. Returning to the temple refreshed and full of new found experience she was prepared to take her training to the next level: mastery. Soon she was on her way to quickly mastering each facet of Airbending and by the ripe age of 21 she had finally obtained what most Airbenders strove for: mastery status and the tattoos that come with it.
    Anything else: Noooope.

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

oh sweet they're the same age.

Those weaknesses also seem like perfect counterbalances. Shui might be a fairly simple girl, but she's also more than willing to fight if there's danger or she (or someone she cares about) needs defending. And if she neglects her own needs... well, the pragmatist in her will take over and try to help.

I think with that said, we just need to figure out how they should meet and let them decide what they want to do or where they want to go.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes, It seemed fitting to make them the same age. While Yolen is a master Shui still has a lot to learn about society and such. It really shows another contrast between the two. As for where to start, it can be anywhere really. Yolen takes the "nomad" bit quite literally. Even more so now that she has completed her training and is a master herself.

Platinum Star, Yo!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

aye. Shui is powerful, but I would say that she's undisciplined. She's powerful and tends to do what she wants not from any sort of superiority complex or anything but more because out in the wild that's how things go. but in civilized society obviously you can't just go picking fights with people and taking their stuff just because it's out in the open. xD

Actually for that matter, she might not even realize that she's the Avatar. (like, not realizing that bending four elements is unique). So perhaps even her reveal to the public could be interesting, since I imagine the world has been wondering where the avatar has gone for at least 22 years. (bonus points if her predecessor disappeared a few years before (s)he actually died.)

location-wise, there's always the vast southern Earth Kingdom with swamps, mountains, and deserts (and plenty of villages among the more habitable parts of the continent), and so if anything, Shui is likely to be found on the fringes of civilization. and obviously they'll be travelling plenty.

she'll grow to like Yolen though. I'm almost certain of that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast