Page 1 of 381 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: Steven Universe: Empire City OOC

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Steven Universe: Empire City OOC

Gems. Magical beings birthed from the stones that represent their names. Long ago, there was only one. On a lush world there was a single, flawless, colorless Diamond that sat for eons until becoming sentient and gaining its own form. This being quickly became aware of itself and its surroundings. It traveled its planet, and learned many things about it, but Diamond soon felt lonely, being the only living being on the planet.

Diamond split her gem into 9 even parts to satiate her need for companionship, eight female avatars, and one male branded the Irregular. These 9 went on to become companions with one another, each with their own personalities and memories from when they were Colorless Diamond. However, the nine still had that feeling of being alone. They wanted more companions. Using their powers, they brought to life many gems that were deep within the planet, sucking the life force of the planet in the process, until it was completely crystalized.*

Eventually, the Nine Leaders decided to spread into the galaxy around them, using a mixture of magic and technology to reach the distant planets. However, the other planets did not seem to have the same geological makeup, and could not reproduce new gems without a little coercion, causing the creation of Kindergartens.

Soon an empire was formed, ruled by one of the nine. They all had conflicting ideas and goals but the other eight trusted their sister, save for one who disappeared into the shadows. The Emperor’s sights were soon set on Earth, another planet with sentient, albeit primitive, life forms living on it. As the Gem Empire, ruled by Yellow Diamond continued to steal life from Earth, Rose Quartz turned on her sister. They had never done this to a planet with sentient life before, and Rose saw the symbiotic way that humans and Earth worked. After 5000 years, of occupation of Earth, Rose could stand it no longer. With an army of gems that shared her views, she fought back Yellow Diamond and her sibling’s forces, with 2 of her siblings falling in battle, forced to regenerate. After 1000 years of fighting, Yellow Diamond was convinced by her 2 remaining siblings to fall back to Homeworld.

But one court member left something behind, deep within the earth’s crust.

Olivine, a brilliant gem and scientist, left remnants of her research in the form of several gems implanted deep within the earth. By her Diamond’s authority she was allowed to perform several experiments with the earth’s eco-system, implanting gems deep within the crust to grow and turning a vacant valley into a wasteland. With her came her lab assistant, Jade, a defective unit and one of Olivine’s more successful experiments. The two worked and toiled within the confines of their station before the war took its toll and Olivine’s work was cut short. She fled, leaving behind her own “useless” assistant and the unborn gems to die.

But they made it anyway.

”Log 001, Science Division Head Olivine, reporting on a secure line. We have slipped past undetected, thanks to your designs. We have reached the area known as Regal Gulch, the signs of life here are low, we're sure to go unnoticed by the locals and it seems that the defective, Jade, was not at a total loss when it came to the upkeep of this hidden kindergarten. I cannot wait to begin my experiments on these new gems, hopefully we’ll find some useful data on this new planet..

”Log 203, Science Division Head Olivine, reporting on a secure line. Testing has been slow, many gems have shattered in my pursuits but I am sure their destruction can only bring about greater results for the Diamond authority. I have completed the stabilizing process for a new batch of gems and setting up the base has gone rather smoothly despite the complete idiocy of my bumbling assistant. I do hope to get rid of her soon once this planet is under our control, though of course I’ll need more Jadeites to commence testing on.

”Log 406, Science Division Head Olivine, reporting on a secure line. The gems are coming along nicely, my tampering with their structural make-up has apparently affected their time of arrival, further testing will yield data that may be capable of perfecting the process…. I can hear the rough housing out there but I am not worried, these fools are scrambling about, they cannot even- WHA-!”

“Log 407, Science Division First Assistant Jade, reporting on a secure line. I have betrayed my master, Olivine, and given up her location causing her to leave earth. I am now alone and I cannot perceive anything outside of this canyon. I did not foresee the Diamond’s unleashing their song upon the Earth armies when their side of the conflict fell. My current analysis shows that there is some form of forcefield protecting this place, I can clearly sense a source of kinetic energy being outputted by what must be a generator. As this is most likely what is protecting me and the gems currently growing in the earth’s crust, I have decided to keep it and this kindergarten functioning for as long as possible.

”Log 408, Science Division First Assistant Jade, reporting on a secure line. The first gem has emerged from earth. Citrine. She has yet to display any defective tendencies besides being much slimmer than a quartz soldier should. In response to my questions about her unusual form, her emotional state began to flare about. I believed this emotion to be “anger” and decided to switch tactics and simply perform a manual inspection of her body. Still, her emotional state persisted. I recalled appeasement being an effective method of quelling an aggressive being’s anger and placed a rock in her hand as a gift which she stared at for approximately thirteen seconds.This method saw her emotional state become something far tamer so I have recognized it as an effective technique for future altercations. As she inspected the stone, I explained our situation and how we were to stay in the confines of this valley for an indefinite amount of time. This caused an immediate surge of other emotions in the Citrine that I will deal with as I find more stones.”

ALL CREDIT FOR THE STORY AND CS GOES TO PandaBrady! He's an awesome guy!

If you want to see the original RP which this one is based off of, go here

STEVEN UNIVERSE: EMPIRE CITY

Homeworld has abandoned a Kindergarten and now a whole new group of gems are running about under a defective’s de facto leadership. Stuck within the confines of a desolate valley for thousands of years, this group of misfits have been waiting around, never allowed to leave until the shield generator protecting them finally gave out and left them open to the world. Now, out in the world and exposed to the worst and best life can offer, the gems have a brand new chance to lead crazy new lives.

Spoiler: Gameplay 

Spoiler: Characters 

Once we have enough people (EIGHT(8)), I'll set the scene and you can all introduce yourselves in the canyon. We'll have our first battle there, with a series of twists and turns..
    Last edited by Kouki; 07-02-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Anime, syfy, school, comedy, action
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Name: Topaz (Zap)

Gender: (Genderless for Gems. Irregular for male based gems)

Species: Irregular gem (male)

Appearance: https://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=333d3sp&s=4
    Zap has a lean body type and he's 6'5ft tall. During battle he puts on a mask that covers his mouth and nose. He likes to think of himself as a ninja.

Powers: Zap has the ability produce electricity from his gem. This gives him some devastating power. He charge it up or just release his power with ease. He can even travel as a lightning increasing his speed.

Weapon:https://media.animevice.com/uploads/1...__large_03.jpg
    It looks similar to the spear the guy is holding.

History: Zap's abilities was different from other Topaz most didn't even have. Which made it difficult for him for understanding what he was. Although with his new found powers he was a great electrical engineer and could build or program anything. The kindergarten was a weird place for Zap so he changed his shape and went to a nearby town.

Dislikes: Buzz kills
    Last edited by Versace69; 10-17-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

That's not gonna work, irregulars are from the kindergarten. They can't come from Homeworld.

Anime, syfy, school, comedy, action
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oops sorry I forgot

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Sorry I'm taking so long, having some trouble sifting out what idea I wanna use, and quite a few assignments are due in quite soon, not too mention I need to get to work on finishing my costume for MCM.

Bah, I should have something by the weekend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Take your time.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

hmmm

Even though we can only have one actual gem weapon, can we also have other gem-made technomagic weapons?

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    5.Gem distabilizers are a thing, don't forget that.
    Anything other than that should be cleared with me first.

RPA Honor Guard
    Sci-fi, Fantasy, Mature
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)

magic shield, can reflect projectiles.

magic boots that allow flight.

Spoiler: Things I like 

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

A magic shield that reflects projectiles? And magic boots.....so you can fly?

Why would you even have these?

Page 1 of 381 12351 ... LastLast