Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Til the Bittersweet End [M] ( Midoripickle & Ashen )

Member of the Month!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She had to admit, the idea was almost tempting... but... "I only have one motive behind my actions..." She told him, inching back another step. She wasn't focused on eraticating all vampires, and she knew there were some who were simply victims of circumstance, like herself. Unfortunately most gave into those dark urges eventually and there was no vampire that didn't have blood on thier hands. "However tempting that idea is, I have no reason to trust anything you say. I'm sure the moment I agree to your 'truce', I'll no sooner have a stake in my back." She said coolly, her eyes hardening as they looked into his eyes.

She was close enough now. All she had to do was drop the body and she was sure she could be down the alleyway before the hunter could even draw his weapon. But she was curious to see what he had to say. After all, this was the first time she'd ever spoke with a hunter, especially one that offered to work with her... even if she was sure it was a trap. Most would try to kill her the second they confirmed what she was.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Well, it had been worth a shot. Link did not move a muscle as the beast spoke, keeping his eyes still trained on hers. No, she had no reason to trust him, especially not with what he was planning, but there had to be some way to convince her. Would he be able to follow her if she took off? If she could just lead him to where he needed to be, he didn't care much whether they worked together or not. Her speed would be significantly faster than his though, and he didn't want to risk losing her in this great city.

"Peculiar," he murmured. "I, too, only have one purpose. Though I do not know yours, from what I have surmised, it seems as if our goals are similar. I seek to free the vampire race from their misery. A life of immortality is one few would ever want to live, isn't that right? They are more beast than man, and I seek to free them from that. Sometimes, I think they feel it. They feel that lost feeling inside them. They feel sorry for the things they cannot control, instincts they never asked for. I've seen the effects of something like that up close and personal. I don't know anyone who would want to go through that process. Eliminating vampires would be eliminating that uncontrollable desire for vengeance, that wretched pain."

Perhaps it was a little more dramatic than it needed to be. Link had been in the drama club as a teenager after all. Maybe it would help his case some. In a way it wasn't a lie; he did want to get rid of vampires so no one would ever have to go through what he and his sister had gone through. Still, he had every intention of killing her, but he was trying his best to give nothing away. "So maybe you've got me wrong," he said. "One day I didn't just wake up and say, 'You know, I want to kill some people, and that's illegal so I'll go to vampires instead.' That's not me. I'm trying to help this world we live in, at least a little bit, and I'm trying to protect people from the curse I've known."
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

There was something in her emerald eyes as he spoke, but her face still still as cold and hard as stone. If his words touched her in anyway, it didn't show on her face. In fact, his words had certainly hit a note with her and her own need for vengeance. However she doubt his words were truly sincere. Or maybe they were... she couldn't quite tell. And that was a problem. "Maybe I do..." She said quietly. She tilted her head slightly, her eyes narrowing as he continued. "And no, I don't think you just up and decided to take on the dirty business of vampire hunting. No, most hunters have suffered horrible tragedies at the hands of vampires and so they too seek vengeance for the innocent lives that vampires destroyed." She explained, a deeper part of her wondering what sort of horrors this young man had endured.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe some of 'us' are lost souls, looking for an escape from this endless hell. But I've seen more than enough to proof that most of my kind enjoy their infernal existence... and they aren't afraid to flaunt the fact that they are on the top of the food chain." She said with a mild hint of disgust in her tone. She then looked down for a moment and sighed before meeting his eyes again. "I would really like to believe you hunter... But I don't..." She said softly. Suddenly the body fell from her arms and before it could hit the ground, she was dashing down the adjacent alleyway. She turned sharply and leap up to climb up the fire escape to the roof top which she jumped over. She was sure she'd always lost him but she put some good distance between them before she came back down to the ground.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Maybe she was actually buying it. Link could only watch and listen at the scene unfolding. She was agreeing with him, agreeing that most like his kind had experienced some kind of pain. That was a good sign then. Maybe she would actually go along with him and his job would be so much easier. He didn't let his relief show one bit as ideas came to his mind, ideas of how to use her to get what he wanted. There was something about her gaze, some kind of understanding. This would go beautifully.

Or she would run away. Link was on her in seconds, sure he would get his kill. So she hadn't believed him. Link probably should have assumed as much, but there was something in her eyes. Maybe she had wanted to. Or maybe Link was just trying too hard to look for some kind of alliance. Either way, he was not going to let her away. He followed in her footsteps, and as she started to climb the fire escape Link reached into his coat. Moments later he pulled out a sort of slingshot and a silver dagger. He fired it towards her hoping to stall her down but it was no use; the dagger had missed by inches. He saw no use in grabbing another one; he needed to keep up with her. So Link started up the fire escape himself, already aggravated at the distance lost. It didn't matter. He was going to catch up to her, and he was going to kill one of the things tonight. He vowed it.

When he got to the roof he looked around, being cautious enough to listen behind him. She would not be able to sneak up behind him, not with his reflexes, but he wasn't concerned with that. If she had wanted to kill him she would have tried already, tried and failed. She was just trying to get away. Link scanned the roof before swearing softly and looking over the edge of the building. Surely she wasn't crazy enough to jump? He didn't have much choice anyway; he was vulnerable on the roof, and she wasn't up here. So, defeated, Link descended the building much more quickly than he'd ascended, and he set off in search of her once more.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After the slight diversion in her plans, Aeryn wondered if she should double back and try gathering information at the club again. But if the hunter was persistent, it might be best to lay low for a while. She wandered around the new part of the city she'd found herself in. Perhaps she should call it a night and head back home. She'd have to go the long way, wanting to steer clear of that area. Once others found the bodies, she might have more people hunting her down. Or they'd just blame it on the hunter.

Finally she decided to head back home. At least she had some sort of lead and she could use her time to plan out tomorrow night. Her mind started to wander back to the things that hunter had said. He seemed to hit the nail on the head, for her at least. Maybe she would come back and let him free her from her misery, but only once she'd gotten what she wanted. Perhaps he would make it quick. Though that got her to thinking about what might become of her in the afterlife, if there were such a thing for her kind.

It was then that she caught the scent of blood and fear on the wind. Aeryn tensed, feeling nothing but anger welling up inside. She'd seen a lot of horrors and yet managed to keep her cool under the circumstances. But for whatever reason, it was really getting under her skin tonight. Aeryn quickly followed the scent, coming across a man that had a very young man pinned to the stone wall. It was obvious he was drinking from the kid who didn't look more than 16 or 17.

She came at him suddenly and silently, knocking the vampire away from the boy. They struggled for a moment but she got the upperhand, driving her dagger into his shoulder. Unfortunately she was aiming for his heart. The vampire wailed in pain, when just then the boy snapped to attention. "M-master?!" Aeryn froze, glancing back at the young man wide eyed. It suddenly dawned on her that the boy was this man's subjugate, mostly likely hoping for his master's favor so that he could be turned. A sickening chill when down her spine. But the momentary distraction was all the man needed to catch her off guard. His head slammed into hers, knocking her back. Her small frame was thrown up against the opposite wall. "You bitch! What the hell is with you!?" The other vampire growled, fighting to get the dagger out of her hand. She kicked at him but he suddenly threw up his arm, pressing his forearm against her throat.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

It did seem like hope was lost. Link was considering going for something else. The girl he had met earlier, she was only one of many vampire in the city. He could end another one, avenge his family some other way. But there was something about her, something he needed to hunt. She was a challenge, one he was not going to let slip away.

He didn't know how long he hunted about in the city. It was quiet, too quiet, and he was growing frustrated with his lack of results. Were all the beasts in hiding? Suddenly, Link perked up at the sound of someone speaking. They sounded angry, which meant Link was going to go right towards them. He was getting his hopes up as he sprinted through the city towards the source of the sound. When he finally arrived, he saw her once more. It was his lucky night.

It looked like the female was in danger. Then this was his chance. Link unsheathed the sword on his right hip and waited. When he was sure the moment was right, he ran to the vampire, sword poised. He brought his sword down in a single, swift motion, shoving the curved blade right through the heart. He pushed only deep enough that his sword would not touch the girl behind him. Katana still wedged in the vampire's back, Link smiled brightly at the girl below him. "Awfully rude to run away in the middle of a conversation," he told her. He twisted his sword, hopefully ensuring the vampire's death. "Looked like you needed the help."
    Last edited by Ashen; 06-26-2016 at 11:07 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aeryn clawed at his arm as he tried to pry the blade from her hand. Instead he managed to twist her hand until the blade was facing her own shoulder. With an evil sneer he drove the blade into her shoulder, making her cry out. "Pay back you bitch!" He hissed, twisting it and then pulled it from her grip suddenly. Though in that moment she noticed the same hunter behind the other vampire, raising his sword. She closed her eyes, bracing herself for the icy sting of his blade through her chest.

Instead she felt nothing as the vampire gasped and fell away from her. Her eyes snapped opened as he spoke, speechless for a moment as she wondered why he hadn't just killed the both. Suddenly the vampire crumpled to the ground, dead at her feet. Her eyes darted to the boy from earlier, but he'd fled for his life now that his master was dead. Aeryn quickly looked back to the hunter, her guard still up. "But why?" She muttered in disbelief, her hand moving to hold her shoulder. The blood was running down her arm and dripping off her fingertips. "Why didn't you just kill me along with him? Two birds with one stone..." She asked, curious of the hunter's motive. "What do you want from me?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Link drew his sword from the corpse and looked it over. He wiped at the blood with the sleeve of his white shirt. "Thank you, sweet Lilee," he murmured before sheathing her once more and turning his grey eyes to the vampire. A smile played over his lips and he shrugged. "You're not the bird I want," he responded easily. He extended an arm to her to help her get up, though he did not expect her to take his help.

"I want little from you," he responded with a shrug. "Camaraderie would be appreciated, but I can't ask that of you. Either way, I see little reason to kill you. Can't you see we have a similar goal? I am not so selfish as to want to be the only hunter in this city. The more help I get, the better. I don't care where the help comes from, so long as I can reach my goal." He looked over her, searching for some kind of sign, some hint that he was doing this right. Even if she didn't agree to help him, he at least had karma on his side now.

Link looked away from her, keeping his ears peeled in case she made any sudden movements. He looked to where the boy had disappeared just moments ago. "Will you be alright on your own?" he asked. He had looked away to hide the insincerity in his eyes. Link wasn't worried about the beast, but he was still curious. There was just something about her, and he could not shake it.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Of course Aeryn didn't take his arm, simply standing on her own, though she hadn't been rude enough to brush him off. She listened to him, obviously still wary. "My goals aren't so just as yours..." She said quietly with a small frown, but she wondered if she could use him some how. He must be more familiar with this area than she would.

Her emerald eyes wandered over him for a moment as he looked away, thinking for a few moments." I'll be fine..." She was slightly surprised that he would show any concern at all. She looked to the wound herself, seeing just how deep it went, but already the bleeding was slowing. "Alright.. I suppose we could... help each other out." She agreed quietly. "What do you know of the Descosteaux?" She asked, tilted her head slightly while she held her shoulder. She was eager to get back home, knowing a good drink would fix it up quickly.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Flatly, he didn't care about her goals, but he saw that look in her eye. Some idea was forming, some mastermind that Link didn't know and didn't care to know. She was going to be working with him, and that was what mattered. He'd get her help, eliminate the vampires in the city, and then end her too. It would be flawless, and it was easier than any hunt he'd done before. While Link was thinking about this stroke of luck he showed none of it, instead keeping his face level and his eyes on her.

He paused after her question, more for an effect than to actually think. "The Descosteaux," he repeated, and the foreign word rolled right off his tongue. "I know a bit of them. They are a family of vampires that is rumored to live in this very city. Several of them have been spotted here and in surrounding areas in histories past, so it would seem to make sense that they live here." He did not bat an eyelash. This kid knew his stuff, and what little he was able to give was just about all he had read documented in various textbooks and articles. He'd read them all, had spent hours pouring over pages of information. Some of it had been useful in destroying vampires, but most of it gave him little to go by. He turned his grey eyes to her and cocked his head the tiniest bit. "Why do you ask?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast