Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Til the Bittersweet End [M] ( Midoripickle & Ashen )

Member of the Month!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She felt like she was losing her mind, carried away by his sweet kisses and hot touch. Her body arched to his, her hands moving along the smooth skin of his back, feeling his tight muscles flex beneath them. Though a shuddered breath left her as she felt him against her thigh. Suddenly Aeryn felt feverish, having never felt a heat like this in her life.

However, a moment later Link was drawing away from her, taking the heat with him. She didn't know what he was thinking, searching his eyes silently with questions of her own. Suddenly her eyes widened, feeling his hand move lower. She surprised herself with the soft, wanton sound that left her lips. Curiously her eyes wandered down, watching the movement of his other hand. The sight of him left her breathless and she laid there, frozen, until Link said her name. Immediately her emerald eyes flickered up to meet his. He was asking for her permission, she realized, yet she couldn't bring himself to give him an answer just yet. This was really happening, wasn't it?

This beautiful man truly wanted her as she was? Aeryn was silent as she tried to sort out her thoughts, locked in his gaze. Of course she wanted him too... But she couldn't help but feel some sort of hesitation. Why? Though before she could make sense of it, Link's intoxicating lips were on hers again, making her forget her doubts. Her arms quickly went back around him, playing with his hair as she kissed him just as desperately. However, in her haste, her fangs caught his tongue. It would only be a small sting, but it was enough to draw blood. And the moment she tasted his sweet essence, Aeryn groaned, her body lifted off the bed and molded to his. Her long legs wrapped around his hips, clenching to hold him to her as her hands weaved through his hair, gripping.

Her tongue chased after his, lapping at the wound. And then, as if snapping out of a spell, Aeryn jerked back from him, her eyes wide and her body rigid. Why... Aeryn licked her lips, still tasting his blood on her tongue. Why must she always ruin everything... She was suddenly hit with the harsh realization that no matter how much she wanted Link, she'd always crave blood more. She was a monster and nothing was going to change that. Aeryn then turned her gaze away sharply, no longer able to look him in the eyes. Her legs slid from his hips, releasing him, and quickly she slipped out from under him, standing and stepping away from the bed. "I-I'm sorry... I'm so sorry, Link." She muttered, her back to him as she now wrapped her arms around herself, trying to cover up her bare chest. "I can't do this..."

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

There were no doubts in his mind that she was enjoying this just as much as he was--so why was she hesitating? Link watched the way she arched towards him, the way her eyes practically begged him to continue, the way her voice lingered into his ear and made its way down to his groin. Gods he wanted this, he needed this. Her kiss was captivating, and he fell into her, lost in their passions, until he felt the sharp prick of a fang upon his tongue.

Link was startled for only a moment. The taste of blood pooled onto his tastebuds and he pulled away softly. Eyebrow raised, he looked over Aeryn, surprised and oddly turned on. This was all new territory, and he could ignore the pain of her teeth for the joy they brought him. He wanted more, he wanted her to nibble along his lip, claw at his back, leave him bloodied and battered, and it seemed as if he were about to get that. Aeryn seemed to change dramatically. Her hands gripped at him, legs trapped him, and she pulled him back into another kiss. Link was feeling drunk off the lust; he loved this new Aeryn, he loved the way she moved, how she seemed to make him her prey. But then, just as swiftly as it had begun, Aeryn was pulling away from him, small and scared.

Link could only stand there, dumbfounded. Had he done something wrong? Maybe he'd come on too strong, or not strong enough, or... The way her voice quivered out made him sober. He'd definitely done something wrong. Link pulled his pajama bottoms back on and inched towards her. "Aeryn?" he murmured quietly. "Hey, it's okay." He could only see her back, her delicious curves and the waves of her hair. Had he ruined something with this beautiful woman? Link replayed the last few minutes in his head. Aeryn's change, was that because... Link turned away then, cursing himself. It had been her nature that changed her, her nature that had tasted him and had wanted more. How could he not see that? But, turning back to her, Link almost felt like he didn't mind.

He got off the bed and walked up to her, then wrapped his arms around her stomach. "Hey," he said softly again. "Here, why don't we get ready for bed? It's been a long day." He had no idea what time it was, but he didn't know how to help her. He didn't know how to tell her that everything was okay, so he thought the only thing to do was to get some rest, get a clear head, and decide what to do when they awoke.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aeryn closed her eyes as she heard him get off the bed and approach her. What would he do? What did he think? Was he disgusted. Surely he was rethinking things... She fretted in the short time it took him to reach her. Though she had not been expecting his arms around her, comforting her? The monster.

But Aeryn couldn't help herself, melting into his warm embrace. She could feel his glorious heart beating in his bare chest against her back. 'I don't deserve you...' She thought, wishing to say it aloud. She didn't deserve him, but God, did she want him. Aeryn stood there in silence, frowning as she ran her hands ran along the arms around her middle, and then gently she drew away from them. "You're right. We just need some time to... clear our heads." She murmured softly then.

Quickly Aeryn turned to pick up her top and discreetly pull it back on. She felt guilty, for leaving Link in such a state. But he deserved so much more than she could give. More than that... She would only hurt him, in the end. Though as much as she wanted to give him up, Aeryn wondered if she was already in too deep. She glanced his way only once, though couldn't quite meet his eyes, before crawling under the covers of her bed. Not knowing what else to say, Aeryn turned over. "Just turn out the light, when you're ready." She murmured softly then, staring off.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

By the time Aeryn pulled away from him and got into her bed, Link still could not guess what went wrong. They were doing fine, they were both so into it, and then Aeryn turned into a vampire. Link could still taste the blood in his mouth, the metallic ambrosia to her. It had changed her, but--so? Was Aeryn ashamed? Afraid? What could a vampire possibly fear? He couldn't understand, and though he knew guessing would get him nowhere, he still sat up contemplating it. He made a noise of acknowledgement at Aeryn's words, but he sat on his bed for a long while with the light on, wondering how things could have gone differently.

After several minutes Link shook his head and got up. He turned the lights out on his way to the bathroom. Those little moans, the arch of her back, the hunger in her eyes... He'd have a hard time getting Aeryn out of his head any time soon. He spent a long while in the bathroom calming himself down until, finally, he made it back to their room and collapsed onto his bed.

He couldn't sleep. Link stared at the dark ceiling and tried counting sheep to distract himself. His thoughts were suffocating. What was he even doing here, with her? Why had his hands been all over her, his lips to hers? What would anyone think of him now? Would he end up like his sister? Would he be infected too, and turn vicious, murderous? No, he thought, he'd kill himself before that happened. But... He glanced over at the other bed. Aeryn wasn't as aggressive as the others. Not all vampires were bad, he reasoned, they couldn't have been. Or, perhaps, they were; they were bloodthirsty creatures with no god nor self-control. Aeryn, then, was no vampire. Maybe she would just need a simple cure to free her from this curse. Maybe then Lilee would approve of her baby brother's budding feelings.
    Last edited by Ashen; 04-04-2019 at 02:16 AM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aeryn laid in the darkness but she could still hear him from the other room, his quickened heartbeat... and breaths, driving her mad. So perhaps she wanted him just as badly as she wanted his blood. But that only made her feel worse. Finally Aeryn couldn't take it anymore, rising from her bed to slip out the window onto the fire escape. Even the cool, crisp air did little to clear her head. With a sigh, Aeryn leaned back against the cold brick and pressed her hands to her face. "What are you doing?" She asked herself, as she then brought her hands down to hold her neck, her emerald eyes staring up at the night sky distantly.

Her careless actions were only hurting him. Even if they some how made it out of this alive, this couldn't continue. Did Link still remember the bargain they'd made when they first set out on this venture together? Would he be able to go through with it now? Aeryn had her doubts... And now she wasn't sure she could leave him either. But they had no future together and Aeryn refused to hold him back from living his life once this was all said and done. To get closer to him would only put him in more danger. Link deserved to have a normal life, to meet someone he could grow old with, and to have children that could carry on his name long after he was gone. And she could never be that. In fact, Aeryn realized the longer she lingered, she would only be wasting his precious time and distracting him from that life.

Finally she heard Link's footsteps heading for the bathroom door and before knob could even click open, Aeryn was back in her bed, eyes closed and still, as if she had been there this whole while. Yet inside, her thoughts on what she wanted and what she felt was right warred on, unrelenting until well into the morning.

Much later that day, Link would wake to the sound, and smell, of sizzling of bacon and shuffling in the kitchen. Aeryn had what seemed to be a magazine open to a recipe on Country Omelets, which she glanced to occasionally while she cooked a meal for one. Suddenly the bubbling of coffee percolating on the stove sounded off that it was ready.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He didn't remember dozing off, but suddenly Link woke to the sounds of breakfast. Groggily, he sat up in bed and glanced towards the kitchenette. Aeryn was there staring at a magazine of sorts and cooking, and in only a few minutes a kettle's screech met his ears. It was breakfast, but why? Aeryn couldn't enjoy it, which meant she had to be making it for him. Grey eyes fell to the floor as memories flooded back from that morning. What was she feeling? Was she alright? What did any of this mean?

Link pushed himself out of bed and wandered to the kitchen. He noticed the recipe Aeryn was referencing. She was going all out for him. "Sweet Aeryn," he murmured, sleep still swirling on his breath, "what ever is the occasion?" He turned the stove off to quiet the ringing kettle scream pounding against his skull. Regardless of how kind the idea of breakfast in bed was, Link wished the kettle would whisper more quietly. He turned his attention to his chef. "You really didn't have to," he told her. "How early did you have to rise for me?"

He found himself wanting to do something for her, too. His eyes flicked to the coffee, but he wanted to get her something else. How would he be able to get her breakfast if the only thing she consumed--no. A subconscious hand flew to his neck, tenderly rubbing a spot perfect for a bite. He thought back to that morning, to the fire in her eyes, the heat of her passion, the shame after the fall. He didn't want to upset her again, didn't want to remind her of it. "Remind me to do something nice for you later," he said quietly, hating how empty his words felt. Absently, he thought to the terms of their agreement. Was that still what Aeryn wanted? Shaking the thought, he started to pour the coffee, again thanking Aeryn for the meal.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aeryn paused for a moment, feeling a small shiver going through her at the sound of Link's voice, murmuring her name in such an endearing way. She then glanced over at him as he joined her at the stove, before turning back to flip the bacon. "There's no occasion. I just woke up before you and I thought that it would do you good to have a decent meal before you get to work." She explained simply. She'd made her mistakes last night and as wonderful and right as it felt, Aeryn realized that it was in both of thier best interests to put some distance between them. If it wasn't already too late...

Once his breakfast was ready, she quickly put it on a plate and set it down for him on the table. "There's no need for that... It's only breakfast." She said, glancing upwards to meet his silvery blue eyes briefly before returning to the counter to clean up. Once that was taken care of, Aeryn moved to suit up, hiding some weapons and other tools on her person. "I'll go out and do some reconnaissance while you get to work. Shouldn't be too long." She explained before throwing on a long black jacket. She glanced back at him only once before she slipped out the door into the night.

The next few days carried on much the same way. While Link got to work on the bomb, Aeryn would go out and survey the area, tracking thier enemies movements, security, and searching the perimeter of the the manor for point of weakness and easy escape routes. She'd then return in a few hours and shared any new information she'd gathered with Link, so that they could start devising a plan. Aeryn was thankful for the time apart, as it gave her some time to get her head straight. It was difficult to be so distant with Link, but she'd resolved that it was in both of thier best interests not to get involved any further. Until one night it began to storm badly and Aeryn realized she wasn't going to get much work done in such conditions. So she stayed in and decided to help Link however she could. "Do you want take out tonight?" She asked him while she watched buckets of rain pouring down the window.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

She was reserved. That was the first thing Link noticed about Aeryn as he watched her prepare his plate. He could feel his heart fall as the distance stretched between them. He did not quite understand the events of that morning, but he knew they had created a rift, a separation between him and his only real friend. With a resigned sigh, Link nodded weakly, thanking Aeryn for his meal and eating it silently and alone.

With the apartment to himself, Link got to work on his project. He worked for hours at a time over the next several days, referencing books he'd brought and the internet, stopping every so often to detail his process in his journals. He wrote out long hypotheses more passionately than he ever wrote any school paper. He speculated and tested, made small successes and huge failures. At one point, a premature explosion caught him off-guard, covering his workspace in bubbling poison. Cursing, Link jumped back, thankful the reaction had only sprayed his materials to the floors and walls. Ripping off his now tainted gloves, he started cleaning up right away, scolding himself for wasting what precious contraband he could get. He'd need to be more careful, he'd need to start over, and many times he wondered if this would be worth it at all.

The nights without her dragged on. As he worked on his bomb, Link found himself glancing back to the window prematurely more and more. Aeryn had grown so distant since that day. Should he not have been so bold? Would an apology just bring up bad memories? He'd waste so much time worrying about her that several times she'd return and he wouldn't have touched him bomb. He wanted things to go back to how they were, cuddled up on a bed watching bad vampire movies and acting like... well, like a young couple.

When he was too distracted to work on his project, Link turned to his other ones. The canvas he'd brought with him was slowly but surely coming to hold a masterpiece. Link painted only when he knew she would not be home for a while. He'd told Aeryn something about needing to keep his art supplies, insisting that he'd need to keep up with his commissions "in case the hunting thing doesn't work out." Really, he wanted to finish the painting she hadn't asked for, the one of her, of a beautifully sculpted face and pale skin and shimmering locks. No matter how much Link worked on it, he was not satisfied with this painting. Something was off, but what? Soon, he had to start painting other things to distract himself from his imperfect art, too.

One night, Link was poking at his bomb when a crack of thunder sounded outside his window. He looked up when Aeryn spoke, then cast his eyes towards the rain-soaked glass. Aeryn would have to stay in, then. What would they do?

She wanted to help. Link took out his notes he'd accumulated so far, but he realized his penmanship was too quick to be legible for Aeryn, and his drawings made sense only to him. He'd expected to work on this alone, so he hadn't bothered making his progress legible to an assistant. With a soft shrug he handed her one of his journals. "I need to find out how to enlarge the blast radius without making the bomb bigger than it already is," he explained. "Because as it looks now, I might have trouble lugging this thing around. And again, I still have to determine how it ought to be set off, as if with a remote, or another sort of trigger..." His voice trailed. "As for help, yes, I think take-out would be plenty. Were you thinking pizza again? Sushi might be nice, it's been a minute since I've had that."

As he spoke, Link couldn't help but feel uncomfortable. Aeryn was never around anymore, and now that she was, he found he didn't know how to talk to her. Everything had changed then, and he felt like his usual sweet talk might make her uncomfortable. If he was being cold with her, it was because he did not know how else to be. He looked into her empty eyes for the first time since that morning, and he noticed a light far gone. He wanted to bring it back. "I have been working on this for a while now," he said, devising his plan as he spoke it. "It would probably be more productive if I took a break. I think you could help with that. Would you... want to play a video game or something?"

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

"Alright... Sushi it is then." She said then, crossing the kitchen to grab her phone. However, before she could dial, Link's next suggestion made her pause, her finger still hovering over the number pad. Aeryn looked up at Link, meeting his eyes where she saw a look that she couldn't quite name. Perhaps it was hopefulness? Suddenly she felt guilt creeping up in her chest. They'd barely talked much since that day and while she thought it would be easier to distance herself and return to the way she'd always been, Aeryn was finding that to be nearly impossible now. Link had changed her more than she'd realized and this strange coldness between them was slowly eating away at her too.

"Okay..." She answered finally after a long moment of silence. Perhaps a break was just what they needed. That would be okay, wouldn't it? She smiled faintly and then turned to order. She told the delivery guy to call when he was outside, so he wouldn't have to come out in the rain and then turned back to link, leaning back on the counter. "About 30 minutes. Is that enough time to get a few rounds in of... whatever it is you want to play?" She asked.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

"Thirty minutes?" Link turned to their TV, to the console he had and his game collection he'd brought. It wasn't much time, but maybe enough to just get started with something. "We won't make it through much before the food gets here, but..." He walked to the system and thumbed through the boxes of discs before selecting one. He put that disc into the system and waited for the screen to flash on. "I haven't played it in a while, but it's a fantasy role-playing game. I think you'd like it. I've heard the co-op is fun, but I never had anyone to play it with." He picked up a controller and offered it to Aeryn. "What do you say? You can be the mage as long as I get the bigass sword."

Like clockwork, the delivery man called exactly thirty minutes after their call. Link had been showing Aeryn the basics of combat then after getting through the initial cutscenes. "The graphics are really something else," he commented. "I just really like how the enemies look. We'll be seeing some soon. Maybe we should get the food first." But as son as Link spoke, his and Aeryn's characters in the game got attacked by toad-like creatures. "Ah, shit," Link muttered, grasping his controller again. "Sushi man can wait. These enemies aren't supposed to trigger until level twenty, at least..."

Ultimately, they weren't able to make it away from the enemy, and as their characters died, Link pouted. "Damn poison bastard. Fight me without your bullshit toxin mechanics." He looked to Aeryn, an eyebrow arched. Was she enjoying this? She seemed to be catching onto the controls okay, at least. "We should get the food though, yeah," Link mumbled awkwardly. How long had they made their delivery guy wait? He set his controller down and awkwardly shifted. "How was that? Sorry about the bullshit death. That wasn't supposed to happen. We'll just have to avoid that area, I guess."

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast