Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Til the Bittersweet End [M] ( Midoripickle & Ashen )

Member of the Month!
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Historical, Romance, Horror, Adventure
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default 'Til the Bittersweet End [M] ( Midori & Ashen )

She stood over looking the city below, the wind gently tossing her red hair like dancing flames. After decades of searching, her sources finally lead her here. Unlike before however, this time she could feel it. He was close and thus time she would exact her revenge. He would pay for everything he had stolen from her.

Suddenly she moved, darting across the rooftop to leap to the next. Her movements were silent, keeping to the shadows as she hunted down her prey. So far he hadn't caught onto her presence. They were vermin, a scourge to humanity. And thus, so was she. Her deep emerald eyes narrowed, following his movements through the alleyway. He was nearing a popular underground club. She'd have to corner him before he got too close, where they could be seen.

She moved onto the lower building, following more closely. She sank down to a crouch, like a panther preparing herself before the leap. She landed in front of him suddenly, catching him off guard before she slammed him back into the wall, her hand at his throat. "W-what... who are you. W-what do you w-want!?" He croaked out. Just looking at him, she could tell he was a scumbag, the lowest of the low. Her normally pallid face twisted into a disgusted frown. "House of Descoteaux... You've heard of it?" She asked.

"A-ah, yes, but I don't know anything." He grumbled, struggling a bit more. Her nails started to dig into his flesh, drawing a bit of blood. "Where are they located?" She asked, tilting her head. He seemed to be reluctant to answer until she pulled a large dagger from her hip, flashing it before his eyes before she put the tip to his chest. "Tell me what you know... before I cut your unbeating heart out where you stand." His eyes widened. It was obvious he was a coward... "U-upper east side. N-near the shore. O-or so I've heard... I-I don't know much else." He gasped out, not knowing who or what this woman was, but praying she'd release him.
    Last edited by Midori-Hime; 12-19-2018 at 01:44 PM.

"If you could only see the beast you've made of me
    I held it in but now it seems you've set it running free
    Screaming in the dark, I howl when we're apart
    Drag my teeth across your chest to taste your beating heart

My fingers claw your skin, try to tear my way in
    You are the moon that breaks the night for which I have to howl"

The Ashen One
    medieval fantasy, adventure, psychological
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The smell of calla lilies and the sight of a sea of poppies.
    There wasn't much he wanted to remember from that day. It was now five years since they had been slaughtered, five long years since a young man's family had been thrown upside down. It seemed like just yesterday when he was walking in on his half-sister Lilee. Walking in on her destroying his future as he knew it.

Linkon Hyrix's childhood home had always smelled of calla lilies. He remembered the scent fondly as his mother's favorite. Undoubtedly, his older sister Lilee was named after the pretty flower. But still, he could remember the poppies. They weren't real poppies of course, but Link had just learned of Flanders Fields. He had learned that poppies were all that would grow after World War I--or was it World War II? And he remembered seeing more blood than he had ever seen, so much red, that he wished and prayed that they were just poppies.

Five years ago marked the day his sister Lilee went off the deep end. It was the day Lilee had mercilessly murdered her own father, the father of their stillborn sibling, Link's stepmother, and Link's half-brother and -sister. Link could not blame her. No, it wasn't Lilee's fault. It was the fault of the vampire who bit her, the vampire who had been brought to an end at Link's own hand.

He had had to avenge his family. Though his mother had died years before the incident in childbirth, and he had always had rocky relations with his father, Link could not help but feel that his sister had taken his family away that day. Everything changed. Six corpses, one funeral, on the same rainy day. No, there was nothing about any of it that he wanted to remember, but he had to keep their memory alive. He had to avenge his family. Though the vampire that had gotten his sister was dead by his own hand, Linkon Hyrix believed he needed to stop all vampires. Then and only then would the threat be gone. Then and only then, no one would ever have to be afraid of watching what once was a loved one murder everyone close to them again.

He could still smell those calla lilies, and the crimson seas were still fresh in his mind. Really, it was no surprise he had become a vampire hunter after that. He needed to protect people, because he knew the loss of it all better than anyone ever would.
    Thanks to Craze for the beautiful Bravely set!

~Recruitment Thread~
    Spoiler: Ashen's Personal Hall of Fame 

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Aeryn seemed to think on that for a moment. "Really, that's all you know?" She asked, to which the other vampire nodded vigorously, a hopeful look in his eyes. That is before she thrust her dagger into his chest and heart, letting him bleed out. "Pity..." She hissed, giving little care as she let his body slump to the ground. Once he was still, she drew the larger sword from her back and with a swift, graceful swing, she took off his head.

She carefully cleaned her sword, looking down at the pathetic creature. At least she got something useful out of him, though it wasn't as much as she would have liked. Perhaps tomorrow she could make the trip there and scout the area. Aeryn looked back to the headless body and began to search his pockets for anything useful.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

The moon was full that night, and not a single star could be seen through the city haze. Still, the sight of an illuminated city against a pitch black background was beautiful. Link had been up for only a few hours, but he couldn't help but feel grateful this was what he got to wake up to every evening. As a vampire hunter, the man had sacrificed his mornings, had resorted to only working at night. He didn't make a lot, obviously, but the life insurance checks had made sure he had a nice house to live in. It was filled with various drawings and paintings, commissions he hadn't finished, work on the side. Tonight, as he looked at the picturesque scene outside his window, he knew he would get no art done. No, on the anniversary of their deaths, he needed to get out there. He needed to succeed.

Link had not paid attention to detail before he headed out, so his vest was unbuttoned, his long-sleeved shirt wrinkled. He didn't at all look his best, but he didn't care. Today was no time for sorting out fashion. Today was a day for avenging. He was sure he was the only lunatic in the city that still wielded a sword, but he trusted his companions. He carried a sword on either hip, carefully hidden under his coat. The sword on his left, a silver broadsword he had named Marie, had seen the blood of many. A katana on his right, Lilee, was used for more precise swipes. These were his two most trusted companions, and he had the strong feeling one of them would be used today.

The man had been at this for a while. He was a master of stealth by now, and he stepped silently through the city. His pale skin was concealed by gloves, his blonde hair with a hat. Hidden in his coat were other tools he might need, lighters and stakes of all kinds. He was definitely equipped to deal with a vampire, but the real problem was finding one. They were not hard to spot; not many mortals were out and about at this hour, and vampires seemed to leave a trail of screaming and terror wherever they went. Link had only to look out for that, but he was sure tonight would be unlike other nights. Tonight he would reel in something. He knew it.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

She dug through his pockets quickly, not finding much of anything useful, save for some money that she grabbed for herself. Not that she needed it often, but there was no other way she was going to make money. House Descoteaux... He had to be there. She would find him here, in this city. She could feel it in her bones. But how was she going to get close to such tight knit, high society vampires who were much older and powerful than herself? Slowly she stood from the body, pondering on her dilemma a while longer as she stared blankly at the headless corpse.

The closer she got, the more dangerous this hunt would quickly become. And if any others were to learn her identity and how many of her own kind she had killed... she would become the hunted. As if she didn't already have enough problems with evading human hunters and lycans. Speaking of which, she could hear footsteps nearby, and it wasn't just some late night drunk. There was a purpose behind these footsteps and she wasn't about to be caught so easily. Aeryn looked above, then with a graceful leap, she pulled herself up onto the fire escape and then onto the roof of the building.

It was late for humans, but for her the night was still young. She crossed a few rooftops before jumping down into another alleyway. From there she carefully strode out onto the street, looking for an opportunity to gather new information, at the club perhaps? It was then that she heard it, the quiet arguing of a man and woman, the woman obviously very drunk. It piqued her interest and she followed behind quietly, sticking to the shadows. Aeryn saw them then, just as the man drew the woman around the corner, through a secluded side street. Except it wasn't a man at all.

Aeryn's emerald eyes narrowed coolly, following after then quickly. "W-wait... where are you taking me?!" The woman stuttered, though she wasn't in her right mind enough to get away. "No where..." He purred before he pressed the young woman to the stone wall. She couldn't fight the iron grip he had on her shoulders before he yanked her head to the side, exposing her neck. He leaned in, muffling the woman's cries for help with his hand, but then stopped suddenly as he felt the cold prick of a blade at his throat. "Who the fuck are you?" He gasped, turning his head slightly to try and look as his assailant.

"Let her go..." She commanded. His eye twitched but slowly his hands released the woman who took off as quickly as she could down the street, whimpering. If the girl was lucky, she wouldn't remember this encounter, or would just pass it off as a drunken dream. "Good..." Aeryn muttered with an icy sarcasm, her blade unyeilding. "There... she's freed... Hunter. Now just let me go, and I'll consider this a warning." Aeryn wasn't about to have that though as she suddenly twisted his arm up behind his back, making him yelp in pain. "Give me one good reason why I should let you live out your foul existence?"

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

It didn't take long for him to find one. This vampire was still, too still, but Link continued to approach with caution. He had a hand on his sword just waiting for the vampire to get up and attack. But he wasn't going to. No, as Link got closer he realized the vampire was already dead. Someone or something had already decapitated it, and he could only stare in awe at the pathetic creature before him.

There were more hunters? That would be news to him, most definitely. As far as he knew, he was the only hunter around. Clearly that was no longer the case, and Link had to wonder what kind of person this new hunter was. Did they lose their loved ones, too? Or did they have another reason, a more selfish reason for wanting to annihilate the vampire race? Link couldn't think on it long, for soon he heard just the screaming he had been looking out for. He left the headless body alone and darted towards the source of the sound, preparing himself for a battle.

When he got to the scene there was only a man and a woman. Link could tell they were both vampires; they were all too pale and all too eerie, and they had that dark aura about them. He had been trained, of course, and there was no doubt about it. There were two vampires, but it didn't seem like they were on the side at all. In fact, the female seemed to be punishing the male. He cocked his head a bit but kept his hand on his sword, ready. Something was going on here, but he didn't have the time to think things over. Now was his chance.

But then he heard her speak. She seemed to want to kill him. Well, that would make his job easier. If she killed him, he would only have to fight one vampire instead of two, and he was far more likely to succeed with those odds. So he let the scene play out before him, prepared and waiting to jump in at the right moment.

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Once he'd caught sight of her, his eyes widened slightly in disbelief. "W-what is this? W-what do you think you're doing? You're one of our kind yet-" He cut off suddenly as he felt the sharp blade start to bit into her flesh. "I'm not like you, you disgusting parasite" She hissed his ear coldly.

"W-wait, let's be reasonable-" Though she would hear no more of his pleading as she promptly slit the vampire's throat. He let out a gurgled cry as the beast choked on his own blood, slowly slumping against her as she kept her hold on him. The vampire still fought for life as Aeryn turned with him suddenly towards the hunter, holding his body up to use as a shield.

"Your business is done here hunter... Move along." She said sternly, her piercing eyes gazing into the young man's. Slowly she took a step back, dragging the dying vampire's body along with her. Just a bit farther and she could dart down the alleyway and be gone before the hunter had time to even draw his sword.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

She had killed him. Link stared blankly at the dying vampire, then to his murderer. She had actually killed him. Her words had been strange, but Link assumed they had some rocky history. That must have been the case, after all. No vampire would kill one of his own for no reason. But the panic in the vampire's eye, it was as if he hadn't known the female at all. Link decided it wasn't for him to decide, and he shrugged. He prepared to go after the girl when she spoke to him.

It took him a moment to realize her words were directed towards him. "I'm afraid I can't do that," came his cool reply. His voice was even, a song, and his gaze did not move from hers. He had plenty of things he could use to get away from her--his swords, throwing knives, lighters, grenades--but he thought talking this out might be better to try. She seemed interesting, and he wondered if he could learn anything from her at all.

"I thank you for making my job easier," he told her, and he glanced towards the other vampire. "It was certainly unexpected, and it just makes this anniversary a little easier to tolerate." He smiled, a very small smile. "However, you know what I'm here for. I can't just let you get away, can I?" He did not move, and in the darkness it didn't even look like he was breathing. He was watching her, studying her. "Quite bold of you to kill one of your own, isn't it? I admit, the reasoning behind it does intrigue me..."

~Recruitment Thread~

Member of the Month!
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Of course, she thought with a miserable sigh. Because this little adventure wasn't difficult enough, now hunters had to get involved. He was bold though, looking her dead in the eye. She eyed him up carefully, moving with caution. Human hunters were not to be underestimated. "Well, you could.. but I see you're not going to do that. Even though you've got much more to worry about than me. Believe it or not, hunter... we are on the same side." She told him, though she already knew he wasn't just going to take her word for it.

"So I've been told... However, the reasoning behind it is my business, and mine alone." She said icily, suggesting that she wasn't going to say more on the subject. She took another slow step back, inching her way back towards the alley. "I don't wish to kill you hunter... but if you leave me no other choice, then I will." She said quietly, meeting his eyes again. She was speaking the truth, mostly... She'd vowed to never take another human life, unless it was absolutely necessary.

The Ashen One
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

He raised an eyebrow at her and stood up straighter, removed his hands from his sheaths. "Is that so?" he asked her, looking for any trace of a lie in the woman's features. He found none, but she was a vampire. The beasts were probably able to lie without any remorse. He wasn't about to take her word, but maybe if he played his cards right she could lead him straight to where he needed to be. Maybe they could even eliminate the vampire race together.

"It is interesting you would say that. I have met vampires driven mad, they were so bloodthirsty. But you... You wish to kill your own kind. For what, I cannot say, and I will not ask, but it is rather interesting. He did not break her gaze, and he found that her eyes had a certain glow to them, a glow he would try to replicate later with a pencil. "Do you know where they are?" he asked. "I may be better equipped for taking out a group of them. If you'd care to assist me, we could probably finish a great number of them together." And then finish her. He wasn't really expecting her to agree with him, but he figured it was worth a shot. "Far as I know, I'm the only hunter around here. It's just you and me after them, whether we work together or not."
    Last edited by Ashen; 06-26-2016 at 10:59 PM.

~Recruitment Thread~

Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast