Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Fate/Liminality (Quest) [M]

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

When you tell Audrey over the link that you wanted to take her to the batting cages, the response was immediate and… bubbly. Was she even capable of making a sound like that? You'd never heard her make anything similar to that before. Weird. After hashing out the details with her, you set out and… realise you actually have no idea where you're going. You ask around, but none of the people seem to have an idea of where you're going. Audrey contacts you a few minutes later asking where you are, to which you embarrassingly admit that you have no idea where you're going.

Her laughing echoes over the link for a solid minute before she agrees to pick you up. By the time she arrives it becomes apparent that you can technically hone in on other Magical Girls through the link, so you'll have to keep that in mind. On the way there, you practice flexing the mental muscle responsible for finding other Magical Girls nearby. You surprise yourself by pinpointing a few specks on the edge of your radar, but you can't quite tell who they are. Maybe with more practice you'll get better?

After a few minutes of walking, you arrive outside what you can only assume is a sporting complex. Ah, maybe if you'd known to ask about a complex rather than batting cages… oh well. As you enter, you pull out your card and make the necessary payments for the two of you. Audrey kind of giggles at that, to which you raise an eyebrow.

“Normally I'd object to someone paying for me, but that's technically my money to begin with,” Audrey winks at you. “So I'll let it slide this time.”

Ah, well, that explains where you got the credit card from. The two of you file into the complex itself, then hone in on the section where the batting cages are advertised. To your surprise, the place is totally empty – right up until you remember it's a school day. The only people who would be around are those who were skipping school.

Wait, no, there's one other person here-

There's a girl with pink hair, gripping her bat in such a fashion that you think she's going to take on the world cup. It's kind of… cute? Maybe? You're not really sure. Taking Audrey's hand in yours, you make your way over and call out to grab her attention. The pinkette turns to you just as the ball comes flying at her, to which she yelps and swings – letting go of the bat in the process. It goes flying out and hits the ball mid-air, causing it to go straight up and hit the home run button.

Amazing.

“Hey! My name's Haruna, Haruna Mochizuki,” the girl extends her hand to you, grinning.

Never mind that you'd caused her to nearly get hit by a speeding ball… Audrey, to your side, merely looks amused.

“I'm Morgana,” you smile, taking her hand in your eyes.

“And I'm Audrey, it's a pleasure,” your compatriot chimes in, giving you a knowing look. “Do you come here often?”

“Oh, no! I only just arrived in town today, actually,” the girl laughs, hefting her bat up to her shoulder as her hand detaches from yours. “Just thought I'd come and see the sights a bit before I have to start working.”

“How would you like to spend the rest of your free time with us, then?”

Audrey gives you a surprised look, but it's quickly replaced with a grateful one. Maybe she wasn't actually all that comfortable being alone with you? Huh, maybe you're bad at reading the mood. Haruna, to her credit, accepts graciously and suggests you take advantage of the batting cages for the moment. You'd never used one before, so the experience is… something. Through some miracle you manage to get more home runs than the other two girls, but they do pretty damn well themselves. All in all, it's good fun, but there's still time left in the day for something else.

So, of course, you invite them back to your place.

“Hey George, I'm bringing a couple of new friends back with me – do you mind?”

“… are they related to the Grail War in any way?” is his immediate response.

“No, but Audrey is the girl that wiped my memories.”

“Then that's fine.”

Well, great success! You fill up the gap back to your house with small talk and learn a bit about Haruna – namely that she's actually 19. She doesn't look it, but you aren't going to question a girl about her age if she gives it willingly. Audrey, you note, doesn't say anything relating to her own age. She's definitely older than the other girls in her group, but she doesn't seem to lord it over them like Mami does. Well… that's probably not the only thing Mami lords over her friends.

Lewd thoughts abound.

When you get back to the mansion you find the front door unlocked, but there's no sign of George nearby. After entering through the dining room towards the kitchen, however… there's smoke.

Uh oh.

“It's probably Marisa, I'll go and deal with it,” you sigh, moving through and into the kitchen yourself.

Inside is… a disaster zone.

There's a distinct lack of anything resembling order within the kitchen, not to mention the sheer amount of smoke. Standing in the centre of it all is…

Marisa?!

How does one person create such a disaster, anyway?

“Marisa! What on Earth are you doing?!”

The blonde turns to look at you, very much on fire. As is… the stove, the toaster, the microwave… even the sink is on fire. Through some miracle, the fridge isn't – but that's only because it's encased in a block of ice. All of it's magical in nature, you can tell that much. All originating from the flaming girl in front of you.

“Marisa, put this fire out, before it burns down the entire house!”

She cocks her head to the side before snapping her fingers, and just like that, everything reverts to normal. Minus the charred black burn marks, anyway.

“What were you thinking?” you exasperate, rubbing the bridge of your nose in frustration.

“Well, when you cook something, you use fire, right? So I was just cooking the food!” she exclaims, looking rather proud of herself.

“That's- that's not how it works.”

“… it isn't?”

Oh, wow, she looks really depressed now.

“I can teach you how to cook; I'm actually going to do something for my friends right now, if you wanted to watch?”

And just like that, her personality does an 180, transforming into something reminiscent of a puppy happy to see their master after a long day. You move over to the cupboard and pull out the bread, flipping the kettle on along your way. After removing enough slices of bread for the people involved, you make your way over to the fridge and pull out the necessary ingredients. Despite how freezing it must have been just a few moments prior, everything inside isn't even frozen.

It doesn't all that much effort to finish the sandwiches, make the tea, put it all on plates, saucers and bring it out to the other two girls. You'd rushed in case they felt left out, but they'd ended up talking to each other about something. Audrey actually looked kind of peeved that you'd been so fast, but the expression quickly shifts to a polite smile.

“So, everyone, this is Marisa,” you introduce your blonde friend, who's still grinning ear to ear.

“It's a pleasure to meet you,” Audrey nods.

“That's a cute outfit!” Haruna extends her hand. “Where'd you get it?”

“Alice gave it to me,” Marisa responds smoothly. You'd nearly had a heart attack thinking she'd give away that she was a puppet, but it looks like she was smarter than that. Barely.

Everyone settles in to eat, demolishing the sandwiches in a few bites each. Audrey looks kind of disappointed again, actually, but Haruna seems happy enough.

“You look cute in that dress by the way, Audrey,” you say offhandedly. “Y'know… it kinda makes you look like an Egyptian Pharaoh – just without the beard. I like it.”

Haruna and Marisa look at you confusedly, while Audrey just… blushes. Huh. Well.

Guess you can count that as a success!

Relationship gained! Relationship changed!

After you're all done with your tea, you bid everyone farewell and make sure to scold Marisa for trying to do something with no one else to supervise her. She seems a bit annoyed at that, but she acquiesces rather easily.

Now, onto figuring out what to do with your evening.

You have 4 Action Points to spend!

[] You need to teach Marisa about basic life skills… (2)
    [] You need to get a good grasp on what the city is like – scout! (2)
    [] Someone has showed up on your doorstep… (2)
    [] Homura wants to talk to you. (2)
    [] Audrey wants to talk to you. (2)
    [] Interact with someone.
    - [] Who?
    [] Just stay home and rest… (4)

Ultimate Unlucky Person
    Fantasy, especially urban fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This Is Canon - Rho Certified

A woman walking down a dark alleyway, swiftly trying to make it to the other side. She didn't know why, but she felt watched. Someone was behind her, but as she looked back, no-one. She felt like something will happen to her, someone dangerous will come. She didn't have time for this, she chose this path because it was quickest to her destination. She shouldn't hold herself up with silly scares she only imagined.

Turns out, she had a gift of premonitions.

"Hello there, miss."

"Aaah!" A scream of pain radiated out as she was hit by Xelphen's new magic. Using his magic, he sensed where her pain receptors were most sensitive. With a wave of his hand, jet-black arrows dug into her stomach and climbed inside her body. Another set of arrows jabbed at her legs violently, piercing straight through her bone, coming out, and circling around to attack her arms. "Uugh! AAAAAH!"

"I love the sound of your scream, miss. Very rich and smooth, like someone rubbed velvet over my ears... Would you like your eyes or your innards sent to your family?" He wasn't sure which one they would prefer. Eyeballs were a good source of fluid, pop a hole in them and squeeze, but then again, who could resist the sound of twisting and stretching a liver like a chew toy? This woman would know their tastes, but alas, she was almost dead.

Xelphen walked over to her and put his mouth next to her ear. Tonight, he would eat. Terror-rich blood overwhelmed with pain stimuli was always his favorite. And he had to eat now, while she was alive and still had blood within her. Cold meals never suited him. He hoped it was as smooth as her bloodcurdling, helpless scream.

Xelphen bit down on the soft flesh of her neck. It was absolutely delicious. So much better than rat or chicken blood. Who knew the secret to immortality would be so pleasing to the tongue? He stayed there, sucking the blood out of her veins, sucking out the reason her heart existed, sucking out the crimson fluid that delivered oxygen to her muscles. Then it was all gone.

He let his teeth free, open to the air again. Then, he promptly loosed a black arrow into the victim's neck, he wouldn't have any ghouls here in Fuyuki. The first and last time he made one, it was an annoyance. And there was enough blood on the floor to create his signature, a cicada. Like always.

"Hmm?" Xelphen leaped out of the way of an incoming attack, the sword projectile jamming itself into the wall. A man stood there, holding more of the swords in his hand. "And who are you?" Someone with magic for once looked to challenge Xelphen. This would be fun.

"My name is Kirei Kotomine, and I am a member of the Church," the man said before him.

"A member of the Church, huh? I supposed you were sent here to kill me?" Xelphen asked, snickering.

"Of course, Dead Apostle," Kirei said, a smile appearing on his lips. With one swoop, more of the swords flew at Xelphen, slicing the air towards the intended target. Xelphen quickly dodged, the swords now aiming for a garbage can, lying on the ground. Too easy. Xelphen took a step towards the Church member, a long stride quickly closing the distance between the two.

Another throw, another dodge.

Another throw aimed, another dodge paired.

Another throw set on its target, another dodge wel- oops, this one nicked his shoulder.

Xelphen was close to Kirei now, able to fight him up close. He sent a black arrow his way, slicing through the side of Kirei's arm. With a hard thump, Xelphen smashed his fist into Kirei's neck, kicking his nose in. A knife in his hand, Xelphen dug the razor-sharp metal into Kirei's stomach. The man was lying on the ground, blood flowing on the floor. He looked delicious, but Xelphen was too full tonight. The woman filled him up like he had Thanksgiving tonight, so Xelphen left it and went home for the night.

Kirei slowly got up, touched the area around his stab wound, and casually walked off.
    Last edited by Liono; 01-17-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Thanks to Clear
    Spoiler: RP Things 

Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After a brief inner battle, you end up deciding that the best thing to do for the evening is rest. You've been feeling at odds with your current form for a while now, so it should probably be worth it. Fading back into spirit form, you set yourself up in one of George's empty rooms; meditating on the link you have with the pinkette. As the night drags on, you have a number of revelations and find yourself greatly attuned with your body.

Stats greatly increased!

Choose 3 (May pick more for 5 DP each, may pick an option more than once for increased effects)

[] Roll for chance to increase stats.
    [] Roll for chance to regain memories.
    [] Remove naïve trait.
    [] Boost Optimist trait.
    [] Boost Selfless trait.
    [] Boost Magical Girl trait.
    [] Gain the Thaumaturgy Magic branch.
    [] Gain Sorcerer trait.
    [] Gain Brave trait.
    [] Gain Just trait.

It's a new day!

You have 8 Action Points to spend!

[] Haruna wants to spend the day with you! (3)
    [] Introduce yourself to the Guardian of Fuyuki. (2)
    [] Teach Marisa life skills! (2)
    [] Talk to Audrey. (2)
    [] Something happened last night… (2)
    [] Take over somebody else!
    [] Change form to someone else!
    [] Go scouting!
    - [] Where, with who?
    [] Interact with someone.
    - [] Who, doing what?

Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“You're looking well, Caster,” George smiles as you enter, surprisingly not as his desk for once. “What can I do for you?”

“I wanted to ask you what it means since I'm a Master and a Servant at the same time,” you admit, clasping your hands together tightly.

“I think I understand,” he nods over at the desk chair, which you hone in on even as he continues standing. “All in all, I don't think it changes too much in the short run for you, beyond changing your tactics in the War to accommodate another Servant. In the long term… it means that Assassin will have to die, I'm afraid. You know that the Grail requires the souls of Heroic Spirits to work properly, correct? I'd suggest holding onto a Command Seal for that situation.”

“Mm… speaking of the Grail, why do you want the Grail, Master?”

“Why do I want the Grail? Well, I suppose it's a necessary question if we're supposed to trust each other. I want to resurrect my wife. Not as glamorous as some other Magi might dream for, but it's important to me nevertheless. What about you, Caster, why do you want the Grail?”

“I want the Grail for my memories, but more than that, I want to win.”

“A worthy goal,” George smiles. “I hope we both succeed.”

You give him a thankful nod and stand up to leave. You feel that things went well, all things considered.

Relationship increased!

Ambition lost!

On a trip to the Fuyuki Bridge, you run into a peculiar face – a young girl with stark white hair and beautiful red eyes. She reminds you distinctly of Audrey, minus the eyes, so it shocks you a little. Enough so that the girl notices you and flashes you a toothy grin.

“I wasn't expecting to meet a Servant out here; I'm Illyasviel von Einzbern,” the girl introduces herself, curtsying as she does so. “May I have the pleasure of knowing your name?”

“I'm Morgana, it's a pleasure to meet you,” you respond with a curtsy of your own.

“So polite! I'm surprised. Hmm, as a reward, I'll tell you something interesting. Can you believe a Magi tried to attack my Servant last night? I'll give him credit, he managed to survive a direct blow – but there was so much blood… I wonder if he managed to crawl very far?”

“A Magi tried to attack a Servant?” you question, a little dubious about the whole situation.

“Well, I don't believe he was a Magi any longer, maybe once upon a time. The way he moved and acted makes me think he was a Dead Apostle; a vampire. Against a Servant, however, he didn't really stand a chance. He likely thought I was an easy target.”

For some reason, you think that the girl would probably be able to fight him off herself.

Terrifying.

Relationship gained!

You arrive at the Fuyuki Bridge in spirit form, only returning to a corporeal state after arriving at the top of the steel supports arcing over the main section. Legs dangling, you look out over the city and find yourself at peace.

Unfortunately, that peace is broken by what sounds like an argument from below.

A quick glance reveals two mops of hair bobbing up and down as they yell; one blue, one red.

“Hello down there!” you call out to them.

Both jump at your voice, turning their heads upward to look up at you.

“Madoka?” the bluenette has a double take.

“No, it's Caster,” the redhead frowns. “What are you doing up there?”

“I'm enjoying the view! The wind is lovely up here!”

Sayaka, for her part, looks horrified as you stand up and start walking along as though you don't have a care in the world. Kyoko, on the other hand, merely grins. Well, you seem to have broken up whatever argument they were having.

Hooray, you guess?

You didn't exactly get anything of interest out of this scouting trip, either…

You're not sure why, but Audrey's apparently asked you to meet her on one of the rooftops in the Shinto skyline just before sundown. She seemed pretty serious when she asked you, and refused to do it over the Magical Girl link. With no reason to refuse her, you're there early. And-

-it hits you.

Like a tidal wave, your memories pour over you like a flood.

Memories of another world.

Another George.

Another you.

… and Audrey taking that all away from you.

“Looks like you found out a little prematurely,” a voice calls out from behind you, disappointed. You turn, only to lock eyes with the violet-eyed girl. “I'm sure you have questions. Ask.”

“Why?” is all you can manage, still staggered from the influx of new information.

“Why did I take your memories from you? Or why do you have that knowledge in the first place? Why did I make it so you'd get your memories back? You'll have to be a little more specific, Caster.”

She's smiling.

“Why would you take away my memories like that? What possible reason could you have for it?”

“Oh come now, Caster, I thought you were smarter than that.”

Her smile lowers a little.

“You're a threat to the existence of everything – an entity that has knowledge it shouldn't. So, I thought the best thing was to put a limit on you, to make sure you'd do the right things. You have potential to help this timeline, but given too much power you'll cause chaos. I couldn't allow that.”

“I'd assure you we are a being with kind desires, but you wouldn't believe us, would you? What does this timeline even need help with? Is it worth killing Assassin, worth Behemoth killing everyone in the other timeline?”

“It's not about what this timeline needs help with, it's just a means to an end. What this timeline ultimately needs is the Greater Grail's destruction, the fallout of which will kill you. Whatever happens, you're going to die, I'll see to it one way or another. You can choose whether that happens now, or on your own terms. As for the other timeline…” she simply shakes her head. “It doesn't matter. You're a threat to all timelines, I can't allow that.”

Her smile is starting to fade.

“After all this we're going to cease to exist, we'll have no reason to continue as we are. You left that timeline to die, to suffer. For what? A means to stopping us? They died because of you, I hope your end is worth it,” you retaliate, brow furrowed.

“You… this is exactly why this needs to be done,” Audrey scowls. “I give you the opportunity to ask questions, to learn about why I'm doing this – and you throw it back in my face. You argue. You fight. For what? Because you think you know what's best, when you know so little? You're an idiot, Caster, I don't know why I ever had any faith in you.”

Her smile is nearly gone…

“Tell me, Audrey. Why are you doing this? I want to learn.”

Her lips twitch a little before raising back into something… resembling a smile, you suppose.

“I already told you, because you're a threat. To existence as a whole. You speak of protecting those in the other timeline, but if you exist, you put not only them – but everyone – at risk. You're an anomaly that's caused ripples up and down every timeline, distorting things and shaping futures in ways they aren't supposed to go; only for the worse. I came here to remove you, but after I learned that you were a… person… it was hard. I watched you, for a time.”

She seems to be struggling with something.

“What did you see?” you ask cautiously.

“The fate of every timeline collapse into nothingness under the weight of your presence. You… don't know what my power is yet, do you?”

She looks at you expectantly.

“No, what is it?”

“I write.”

She smiles at your shocked expression.

“Well, it would be more accurate to say that I rewrite things… my power is the ability to change reality however I wish. Whether that be teleporting myself to another timeline, or removing a person's memories. Before you ask, due to your anomalous state, I can't just write you out, nor can I remove your memories entirely. It's annoying, to be completely honest with you.”

You don't really know how to respond to that, but what comes next-

“Oh, and if I were to ever become a Witch, I think my name would be Juliet. With a h.”

“You're Rho? Rhomeo? Our GM?”

“Gods above, no,” she wrinkles her nose. “I'm using him as a tool to communicate to you, so that you can control this little Avatar in the world. Without you, Caster would be… far, far worse. To put it simply, your 'GM', or whatever you wish to call him, is a person I wrote into your world for the sake of moving things along.”

Uh, what?

You can't even begin to wrap your head around that.

“To answer your question – no, I'm not him.”

“So what comes next? Will you kill me, despite our good intentions?”

“That depends, dear Caster,” she smiles at you. “Do you want to keep your memories, or not?”

“Yes, I do.”

“Of course you do, but you've done nothing to make me think you deserve it. You only decide to ask me after you explode, all emotional for no reason even after I try to give you my wisdom. Tell me; what have you done to deserve a power like this? Why should I risk letting you walk around with that sort of knowledge, when you could use it to destroy everything?”

“I don't want to destroy everything. Have I even participated in this war yet? I just want to save the people I care about: Youmu, George, and Alice. And if I end up destroying everything in the process, so be it. I don't know the entire future, but I'm going to try to make it turn out the best. You can help me, or you can hinder me. I will still try. And if you erase my memories, I will still try. Even if you kill me here, I'll get your Rho to write something else. And I will save them. In another universe if need be.”

“Fine, you can keep your memories then.”

Her body shimmers for a moment, her casual clothes morphing into an outfit that really doesn't make sense on her, not to mention the fact that her eyes changed colour…

Wait, no, that's just a carbon copy of Clo! You've been betrayed!

“You can keep your memories until your death, Caster,” she states, raising a hand at you. “So do me a favour – and die right now.”

[] Strategy?

Ultimate Unlucky Person
    Fantasy, especially urban fantasy
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

You're not the first and you won't be the last.

"Little hungry today, wouldn't you say?" Food. Food.

After last night's meal, he couldn't stop himself from starving again. Human blood would sate him again, another night couldn't hurt, right? With the moon out, he set out for another tasting of the food of legends. Xelphen walked into another alleyway as usual, his favorite dining place. He decided to wait it out today, trapping prey into his trap.

After a while...

"Oh, who is she?" A girl was standing in the street, a perfect target just waiting in line of sight. He licked his lips, he had never eaten from a child before. Her hair is whitish-silver, despite her age. Her irises are red like roses, she's not normal. Well, she still bleeds red, does she not? Maybe I might taste a different color? But she is a child, Red! She still bleed blood, L. Blue... Let's drink from the cup. He slowly stalked towards her, arrows materializing from his hands.

"Berserker~!"

"ARRROGHOOO!" A deep roar echoed from a form near the girl, a massive being appeared out of thin air next to the girl, strength flowing out in an aura of pure anger. Who is this? I believe it is Servant Berserker, from the Grail War our Xelphen tried to join. From what I can understand, he's fighting the most powerful Servant in terms of pure power and brute force. You really did your research, Xelph. Kill it then, Xelph. One stride later and Berserker swung his weapon down, and from a lucky break, Xelphen dodged out of the way. The giant smashed the concrete into dust, cracking the surrounding sidewalk and tearing it into pieces. With a desperate look in his eye, Xelphen unloaded the black arrows he had on hand into the Berserker, but to no avail.

He wasn't so lucky next time. With another swing, Berserker smashed his club into Xelphen's side, sending him flying into the nearby wall. Blood spurted from his mouth, and pain shot throughout his battered, broken body. His ribs were shattered in numerous places, his leg was snapped in half, and Xelphen hit his head a little too hard. But, Berserker didn't follow up strongly, and slowly smashed his club next to Xelphen. Using this time, Xelphen took the chance to summon all the arrows he could handle and sent them flying into the Servant, like machine guns firing into an enemy soldier. It ripped many holes in the Servant, and would make a normal human dead.

He then took his time and ran as fast as he could, limping and holding his ribs. Xelphen then looked behind him, and saw Berserker regenerate its body from where the wounds were. The white-haired girl turned and smiled at him as he left, slowly and slowly. Who does she think she is?! I'll kill her, even if I... Calm Red, she kill us before you make a dent in her. She doesn't seem to be the type to let anybody who attacks her escape. She'll die at the end of the day. I swear it! First, Xelph needs healing, dumb oaf.

"Hahaha... Pain feels so good, doesn't it... I can feel what my prey feel, this pleasure..."

Thanks to Clear
    Spoiler: RP Things 

June Member of the Month

I only have "favorites"
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Wormholes are a very interesting thing, even if they are just your regular, single dimension, Point A to Point B wormhole. So, when you have an inter-plainer (one that spreads across plains, i.e., universes), intra-plainer wormhole (spreads across a single universe, allowing different exit points), and time insensitive (spreads across time, well, everywhere) you can imagine how difficult the whole set up is.

Now, I'm sure there is a really long drawn out explanation for how all of this works, and I am sure that, if I wanted to, I could write a ten thousand words or so post that you might read at least the first paragraph of, but, since George explained at least some of it right, I will summarize how the rest works in one word: magic.

Needless to say, both George and Youmu encountered wormhole magic when they entered the wormhole. All at once, it was as if they were in a thousand pieces, and at the same time all together. All at once all knowledge of all time flooded into their memories, and the fates of all the world were exposed to them. Timelines surrounded them, and each seemed as if a separate string, all coming from the same source, and all tending towards the same end.

Well, at least most of them tended toward the same end. There were a few outliers...

And it was to one of these that Youmu directed her motion towards. I can't describe how exactly she "swam" towards it, because you do not really have a physical body in a wormhole. Perhaps "directed her thoughts toward it" is a better terming of the event that actually occurred.

But I digress.

Anyways, this particular timeline was even different from most. Unlike most of the other outliers, which just, well, ended in the darkness, this one seemed pretty solid up to a point, like the normal timelines, then seemed to have a bunch of wispy strings coming out of one end. One was more solid then the other, and turned back, eventually, to the normal end; this was the most probable end, all things left alone. But still, the wisps, which were alternate endings that wandered pretty much everywhere, still existed. In was as if the timeline did not know exactly where it was going. It was as if fate, the eventual end to which all things were suppose to go, was being countered by some person...

And then, she saw her. Even as her mind rushed over the whole entire timeline, all the way from its very inception to its probable end, and as her mind looked over every other timeline at the same time, she saw her.

She saw Alice, instantly poofing into this timeline, creating a major crock in the line of fate. But it seemed that all would have gone back to normal, if not for someone else who also appeared, and this person being, well Caster.

She watched it for a while, following the most probable string, and saw all the events unfolded. The bloody grail war. Caster and Alice surviving. And then, George having Caster kill Alice with a command seal.

Wait, what? Again she watched that short scene. Again she saw it. How? What?

She did not understand. How did it come to this? How in the world had it come to this? George would never have killed Alice before. Why now?

She watched the whole thing over again. And this time, she saw it.

There was Caster, standing across from that girl with white hair on the roof top. She heard the white haired girl, Audrey, explain that she had caused everything. She had moved Alice to this world, a world where she would inevitably die. She had left everyone in the other timeline to die to the Behemoth.

Slowly and slowly, the anger was boiling up inside of Alice. She watched the fight, cheering for Caster, but before Caster could win, the fight was broken up, and Audrey disappear. And in the end, after the Grail War was over, she watched Audrey kill Caster, and George loose his wife once again.

No. No! NOOO!!!

Alice could not die! George could not loose everything he wanted! Even caster, who was being manipulated by the white hair girl, should be saved! They all deserved a life! Especially Alice! How could Alice die like that! It was terrible!

Her anger might have been directed towards George, or Caster, except that she was friends with George and actually liked Caster some. And so, her anger went towards the only one it could go to, the one who had created this entire situation, one that would bring death to them all: Audrey.

Hate piled upon hate, and as her emotions piled up, there began to grow a hole in that timeline. And exit had been created. And through this exit, Youmu fell, returning to her human form (well, close to human, since she is not really human human) and entering the timeline...

“You can keep your memories until your death, Caster,” she states, raising a hand at you. “So do me a favour – and die right now.”

Audrey said, looking directly at us. Then suddenly, there came a crackle from above and behind her.

A giant whirling black mass appears, high in the sky, and from it lightning and other flashes of color descend.

And then the voice

"HOW DARE YOU!" comes a female voice, full of rage.

An instant later, the body from which the shout was issued becomes visible in her descent.

Her swords are drawn, her face is angry, and she's set to strike exactly where Audrey stands.

You would be a little surprised, except that you knew, from the amazing power of meta-knowledge, that this was going to happen.

Still, you can't help but be quite grateful. You will have to seriously thank her for this if you survive.

After all, who can tell what the future has in store for us now?
    If the gold does not stay in this world,
    then I will chase it till I find my home

Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

“Homura, stop time! I need-”

Black & white.

“-you to come to me.”

You blink. That was fast, although you suppose it isn't too hard for someone with a power like hers. The raven-haired girl looks at you expectantly, a small string tied around your right wrist. Across from you stands Audrey, effectively trapped in time.

“Why did you need me?” Homura opens, her voice seemingly wavering. “And why is Audrey here?”

“Audrey and I were talking, and she told me to ask her questions… but then she said I needed to die, and...” you manage, your hands balling into fists. “And then I called for you.”

No, you need to calm down. Your breathing steadies as you go back over your memories with Audr- Wait, no, there's a blank spot. There's no way to tell if it was important or not, but there's a gap in your memory to do with Audrey.

That could be a problem. Was it important? Was it a way to deal with her?

You'll never know.

“She said… you needed to die?” Homura whispers, so quiet you can barely hear her. “But then… that means...”

Something feels wrong…

“Homu-”

Colour returns to the world.

Audrey's eyes swivel over to Homura… and her hand falters.

“Audrey, is this…?” Homura steps towards her friend. “Is this necessary?”

“I already told you, Homura, this was going to happen eventually,” Audrey manages through gritted teeth. “Caster has to die.”

“But she's-!”

“She's not Madoka. You know that.”

“Homura, please.”

“… I can't.”

Homura takes a step back, shaking.

“No, no, no, no, I can't do this.”

“Homura…?”

Audrey looks genuinely worried at her friend. She's…

What's with this overwhelming feeling of despair? It's like that feeling you got inside the Witch's Lair.

In one fluid motion, your bow appears in your hand. You draw, a bolt of pure magical energy forming alongside a string of ether. You aim for Audrey – the person behind it all – and shoot.

It connects.

But as the smoke clears… the person standing there isn't Audrey.

It's… it's George.

His eyes are shining.

“I was so close,” he whispers, reaching out as if to grab onto something. “She was right in front of me… and you stole her from me.”

Uh, what?

“Julia was right in front of me and you stole her from me.

Who the hell was Julia?

Something was wrong. The feeling of despair on the rooftop was only increasing, and Homura… she was rolled into a ball against the cold concrete of the roof. You had no idea what was happening any more.

What was any of this?

“George, I didn't steal your wif-”

“Go to hell!”

His hand raises up and a beam of light appears in his palm. You move to dodge, but whatever it is, it's too fast. The light blinds you as it pierces straight through your stomach, and you wince in pain. Scuffs of footsteps behind you tell you of another presence behind you, and you duck and turn-

Youmu?!

“You left us! You left us, you left us you left us you left us you left us you left us,” she screams, trying to cut you in half over and over again.

Fuck.

And then… it happens.

The driving forces in your mind split apart into two.

… no, you were always multiple people, but now, you have the potential to be more.

It doesn't seem like Youmu or George agree with that, though.

As your body starts to shine, a beam slices straight through and takes out your entire right arm. You imagine blood would be spurting everywhere if the sheer heat hadn't cauterised the wound. Showers of blood spray the ground from behind, however, as Youmu drives her blade through your back. She twists, and you feel the need to cough up blood, but before you can-

-you become-

-more.

From an outsider's perspective, things would look pretty weird. Two Madokas, splitting apart from each other in a flash of light, only to look at each other in confusion. George and Youmu look pretty confused too, in all fairness. Enough to stop their assault, at least.

One raises their hand, and the other turns to them.

“I can't believe you would ever even think of hurting them!”

A bright light envelops the rooftop, and when it fades, there's a blonde girl, confused. There's no time to stay that way, though, as a trio of beams cut through her like scissors through paper. With barely even time to scream, she expires, torn apart by George's barrage.

Just like that.

The Caster that screamed at her compatriot kicks them, just in time for Youmu to lunge past, blade slick with blood.

This entire situation is only going further and further downhill.

… and then the world around them shatters.

A great Colosseum forms around you as despair becomes all you can think of or imagine. A great figure stands in the middle of the giant arena, as if watching everyone.

But that's the least of everyone's problems, still locked in combat.

The more aggressive of the two Casters is bathed in a bright light for a few brief moments before returning as a copy of George. He seems to take offence to that, raising his hand and peppering them with a trio of blasts from his palm. As soon as they make contact with the new Caster's skin the beams seem to dull, as if they can't achieve their full effect.

“How could all of this happen? I only wanted to save you… and now you are all trying to kill each other… no, I can't watch this happen!” the other Caster cries out, turning to run towards the Witch. “I'm sorry!”

A loud screech pulls the passive Caster's attention, giving them just enough time to dodge underneath an errant swing from a small doll. It lands in front of her, blocking the path. From all around her, dolls begin to pop up, watching.

Waiting.

“I order myself to achieve the maximum level of synchronisation with the abilities I had copied.”

There's a brief red light, followed by the sound of beams cutting through the air. By the time the last remaining Caster stumbles back…

Nothing. Only death. George turns his face towards the last remaining Caster and raises his hand.
    Last edited by Rhomeo; 01-28-2016 at 02:44 AM.

Mature, Fantasy
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

And, even before he can do anything, the remaining caster crumbles to the ground.

"I'm sorry." They say softly, looking at the ground, tears streaming down their face, "I'm sorry for everything. I only ever wanted to save you... But all I ever did was hurt you more and more. Nothing can make up the pain I caused. Not even my death. But if what you are about to do can make you and Youmu just a bit happier- then, then at least there was some point to my life."

Caster paused, and stifling a sob, continued, "Go ahead kill me now. Make this one point of my life worth living."

With that, the remaining bit of Caster raised her tear-filled eyes and looked upon, for the last time, the faces of those they had loved.

And so, without a hint of remorse or guilt, George did as she wished.

From on high, Audrey frowned. She'd wanted to find another solution – something better. Slowly, she descended from the clouds and down to the Witch's shoulder. The peons tried desperately to reach her, but so close to their master they wouldn't risk anything. She already knew that.

She'd technically made them, after all.

“I'm sorry about all of this, Homura,” the white-haired girl whispered to her friend.

A single tear fell from her eye, falling, falling, and…

“Homura-chan?”

Slowly, the ravenette's eyes fluttered open. Madoka, in her school uniform, knelt in front of her. Sayaka with that forever annoyed look stared down.

“… Madoka?” she breathed, jolting forward. “What happened?”

“We found you asleep on the roof, silly!” Madoka giggled.

What… what happened?

Her memories felt… fuzzy.

Confused, she stood up and moved past the two girls to the edge of the building, looking out over Mitakihara. Had she really fallen asleep on the roof? It didn't feel like her. Something was…

… wrong.

Something was missing.

But what?

In a Workshop that's nowhere near Japan, George reaches out. His hand finds flesh – a face.

He had no memory of how he'd saved her, but…

… in the end, it didn't really matter.

He had her back, his Julia.

A genuine smile spread across his face.

“Are you my Master?”

Shirou looked up to meet the eyes of the woman in front of him. Blonde hair, regal armour, a beautiful face. He had to be dreaming, surely?

No, this is definitely reality.

His head whipped to the side, but whatever voice had spoken in his ear was gone.

Gone.

… gone.

That world was gone.

Caster was gone.

… and in her sacrifice, Audrey was gone.

Life returned to normal for the reality of all timelines, everything balanced out.

For now.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456