Spoiler: Spoiler with above 

Spoiler: Naruto Spoiler 

Spoiler: Code Geass Spoiler 
    Spoiler: Quotes? 

Spoiler: Kiros current favorite quote 

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

Graveyard of the Fireflies. I watched it once, absolutely dry eyed when little Setsuko died, followed eventually by her brother, Seita Yokokawa. Tears started when the spirits reunited afterward.

Someone wanted to watch it two years after, and I burst into tears the moment it started, thoroughly trashing my reputation of being entirely cold-hearted. I'm crying now just thinking about them. This is not an anime I think I can ever watch again.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful anime from Studio Ghibli, semi-autobiographical, with a very strong anti-war message. But it was released as a double-billing with My Neighbor Totoro, because you needed something happy after it. It is such a sad and powerful anime.
    Last edited by Enigma; 06-04-2018 at 04:48 AM.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Spoiler: Death Note 

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    Graveyard of the Fireflies. I watched it once, absolutely dry eyed when little Setsuko died, followed eventually by her brother, Seita Yokokawa. Tears started when the spirits reunited afterward.

Someone wanted to watch it two years after, and I burst into tears the moment it started, thoroughly trashing my reputation of being entirely cold-hearted. I'm crying now just thinking about them. This is not an anime I think I can ever watch again.

Don't get me wrong, it is a beautiful anime from Studio Ghibli, semi-autobiographical, with a very strong anti-war message. But it was released as a double-billing with My Neighbor Totoro, because you needed something happy after it. It is such a sad and powerful anime.
    I know this comment is over 2 years old but I was just about to mention the same movie.

I just recently watched Grave of the Firefly's with my partner during a Studio Ghibli binge. It was one of the saddest and shocking animated films I've ever seen.

`、、ヽ`☂ヽ`、ヽ`、ヽ
    Mentioned
    176 Post(s)

I suggest My Neighbor Totoro to follow. Or Porco Russo, The Cat Comes Back, or any other happy anime. Pom Poko is weird fun (Leave the tempura...!) but has some less powerful sad moments towards the end.
    Spoiler: ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ √Ăłł Єѵïł ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ 

June MotM 2014
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-fi
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    I suggest My Neighbor Totoro to follow. Or Porco Russo, The Cat Comes Back, or any other happy anime. Pom Poko is weird fun (Leave the tempura...!) but has some less powerful sad moments towards the end.
    I do remember my partner saying My Neighbour Totoro was released as a double feature with Fireflies. The unfortunate thing was that we had already watched most of these a few days before hand, and she only found out about the double-billing after we had watched Totoro. So we went to bed with Fireflies fresh in our minds.
    Last edited by Jarms48; 02-17-2021 at 03:49 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123