Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: [IC] Kingdom Hearts: Renaissance [PG-13]

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default [IC] Kingdom Hearts: Renaissance [PG-13]

DISCLAIMER :: This RP is a remake loosely based on the RP "Kingdom Hearts: Heroes of the Light" by Dracodeathtalon. Some key details have been changed, but the basic premise is still very similar, so credit shall be given where credit is due.

RATING INFO :: This RP is rated PG-13 so as to give players as much creative freedom as possible without losing the spirit of the Kingdom Hearts franchise. As such, this RP may contain action/fantasy violence, mild/infrequent instances of inappropriate language, partial or implied nudity, mild sexual references/situations, etc.

Once upon a time, on a website called Roleplay Adventures, a site member named Dracodeathtalon created a Kingdom Hearts RP called "Kingdom Hearts: Heroes of the Light". The RP was off to a slow start at first, but eventually attracted a small but faithful group of RPers, making it a modest success. A few pages into the RP, however, something changed; I'll spare you the details, but suffice to say that a few players ultimately ended up losing touch with the RP, and the RP itself carried on for a time before eventually slowing to a halt and meeting its end in the Parody/Fanfic Recycle Box.

But our tale does not end there. For you see, despite losing touch with the original thread, those few members who drifted away truly enjoyed the essential storyline of the RP. A few such members began contemplating creating their own remake of the RP, at first intending to simply create their own private RP with a similar plot, albeit with a few distinctive changes. These plans never materialized due to busy periods in real life, but now, with the original RP sitting in the Recycle Box and its original creator having been absent from the site since September of last year, it has been decided to start this remake as a public group RP instead.

This, ladies and gentlemen, is that story...

Spoiler: Main Plot 

Spoiler: Current World Info 
    Thanks for the set, Kicks!

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default Special thanks to Yamimoon, Price, & SpiritofDestiny for helping to write this post!

In the midst of a green forest, within the clearing at its center, stood an elderly man with his hands behind his back, standing with a confident posture as he waited for the arrival of the young man that had been following him through the forest. The man’s yellow eyes pierced the forest as he could hear his pursuer's footsteps approaching at a run. Then, out of the thick trees, a young man with messy spiked brown hair appeared from the trees, his blue eyes locking with the yellow eyes of the old man.

“Xehanort! Stop running, you coward!” The young man said as he quickly closed the distance. Brandishing a keyblade, he stopped just outside of Xehanort’s range and took a defensive posture.

“Why Sora! I am not running; I just wanted to get some fresh air.” Xehanort said as he watched Sora. “You have been nothing but a thorn in my side since the beginning, but I do have to thank you for helping me become whole once again.”

Sora watched as Xehanort pulled his keyblade out and just let it rest at his side. He knew better than to let his guard down with this man. Not only was Xehanort skilled, but he was cunning as well. If Sora let his guard slip even once, Xehanort would have him.

“Why are you hurting people just for your ambition? That's just wrong.” Sora said, trying to get through to the old master, even though he knew it was going to be a long shot.

“There is no other way. You will understand once this is all over.” Xehanort said as he raised his keyblade up from his side and prepared to attack Sora. At the same time, a sinister smile formed on his face as he watched Sora ready his keyblade as well.

But their standoff was short-lived.

Suddenly Sora felt a sharp pain in his back. It felt like something was squeezing his heart, and he gritted his teeth, refusing to scream. His eyes filed with pain as he dropped his keyblade to the ground, where it vanished in a flash of light. As he turned his head to see what just happened, he saw a young man with short black haired and piercing ice blue eyes smiling at him.

“You will no longer be getting in our way Sora. Now sleep, and in death shall you wake.” The young man said as he pulled his hand from Sora’s back.

Sora took a couple of steps forward, clutching his heart. His eyes felt heavy as the darkness was taking his consciousness. Falling to his knees, Sora reached his other hand out towards Xehanort.

“You... won't…”

Those were the last words Sora spoke before he fell forward and hit the ground. The man with black hair just smiled as he approached Sora, making sure that the boy was unconscious.

“To think that it was as simple as this to remove a thorn, Master Xehanort.” The black haired young man said as he turned Sora onto his back. A smile formed on the younger man's face as he watched Sora's skin start to slowly lose its color.

“Well Sora has never been too bright, so I suppose it was inevitable. Now what shall we do with him?” Xehanort asked as his own keyblade disappeared. Before the black haired man could answer, however, a cunning smile formed on Xehanort's face as he looked down at Sora and walked over to the boy.

“I think he should be left under your care Noctis, and I do hope you show him the utmost care. He is an important part of my plan, after all.” Xehanort said as he picked up Sora off the ground. “Now shall we continue our conversation somewhere else?” He asked Noctis, even though he knew that the young man was ready to leave.

“We've accomplished our goal, for now.” Noctis said simply as he opened a portal to the realm of darkness. Xehanort entered the portal with Sora and disappeared, and Noctis followed soon afterward.

As both of the men left, neither of them noticed a lone figure hiding in the trees, having witnessed everything that had just happened. Once both Noctis and Xehanort were gone, the witness promptly fled the scene, hurrying to report what he had seen to Master Riku.

-----

'If there are any other worlds out there, why did we end up on this one? And suppose there are other worlds... then ours is just a little piece of something much greater.'

The memory of that moment, that moment of raw honesty set against the shoreline of the setting sun played over and over in Riku’s head. He was such a fool back then, so naive and yet he thought himself wise. The boy smiled remembering the raft, that spirit of adventure that he had shared with Kairi and Sora. How foolish they all were. They sought out a grand adventure, and they got so much more than they bargained for. He had lost himself to the darkness for so long after that. Even all these years later, Riku still could not forgive himself. What if he had---

The keyblade master was snapped out of his train of thought as he was practically tackled out of nowhere sending him tumbling to the ground with a loud thud.

“Ugh...” Riku rubbed the top of his head as he looked to find a stranger equally disoriented from the collision. There was panic written on the man’s face as he sputtered inaudible babblings breathlessly. Riku put a hand on the man’s shoulder.

“Slow down, slow down. I can’t understand you. What is going on?” He asked with an expression of grave concern.

Nothing could have prepared Riku for the response that followed. As the scout explained what he had seen, Riku’s face contorted to an expression of sheer horror. His entire body trembled from the terrible news. This simply couldn’t be happening. It couldn’t be. Without addressing the scout anymore, Riku turned and sprinted away to find Kairi.

-----

Kairi was sitting on the paopu fruit tree, looking on in the distance. She couldn't help but allow her mind to wander on what was going on with Sora and Riku, since they left for their latest adventure, and she held her hands together.

"Riku... Sora... I hope the both of you are safe. Please come home soon."

She remembered giving Sora her good luck charm, and telling him to bring it back when his journey was over. She tucked a few stray hairs back, and then turned and saw Riku running towards her, so she got off the tree and tried to meet Riku about halfway. "Riku!" She called out to him, but then saw that he looked like he was out of breath.

"Riku, what is wrong?" she placed a friendly hand on his shoulder, and then looked around. "Where is Sora? Did you two complete your quest?" Her blue eyes stared into Riku's, hoping that his answer would be a positive one.

Riku could not bear to look into Kairi’s eyes with such terrible news. He turned his head away and slammed them shut. Once again the darkness had come, and once again he had failed. This time his best friend’s life was now hanging in the balance.

The keyblade master fell to his knees sinking into the sand as his head bowed in shame. “I should’ve been there...I should’ve been with Sora! He’s been....he’s been captured by Xehanort!” Riku exclaimed obviously blaming himself. They had been on separate journeys, sure, but that meant nothing to Riku. He held himself personally responsible for Sora’s safety...and for the evil of the darkness that had plagued them so.

Kairi then fell to her knees, a couple of tears falling from her ocean blue eyes, but then she could se the hurt expression on Riku's face. 'He must feel responsible...' she thought to herself. However she couldn't help but hug Riku around the shoulders, placing her head on her right arm.

"Don't blame yourself Riku...You should know that I don't blame you, and Sora wouldn't either."

She then thought of an idea. "Maybe we should get some counsel with Master Yen Sid; he might know the best course of action."

Kairi then let go of Riku. "This means now it's my turn to help save Sora, after he has saved me so many times." She placed a hand over her heart and although her eyes held sadness, she had a small smile on her face.

"What do you say, Riku?"

Kairi’s affection brought a small smile to Riku’s otherwise discouraged face. She had always been the calming healer for the two keyblade wielders. Her tenderness had brought both boys from the darkness. Even now she showed her essence as a Princess of Heart.

Riku, not normally one for hugs, reached out and pulled Kairi in a soft embrace of his own. His arms wrapping around her back as his hands clasped around her shoulder blades. The hug didn’t last long, and he released her.

“Alright, we’ll go see the Master.” Riku said as he rose to his feet. “Let’s go. We don’t have any time to lose!"

-----

After meeting with Master Yen Sid, Riku and Kairi prepared for the journey ahead, while a messenger was sent to Disney Castle to inform King Mickey of the situation, knowing that Donald and Goofy would not hesitate to join in the coming battle once they found out. Their goal was clear, but Xehanort was already amassing his forces, and this time the small group of heroes would not be able to face him - let alone rescue Sora - on their own.

But the help they would need was still within reach. Master Yen Sid spoke of new Keyblade wielders who would prove to be valuable allies, but Sora's friends would have to move quickly to find them. These new heroes lacked experience, yet the darkness was already beginning to close in on them, and the light would not be able to protect them forever.

Wasting no time, Sora's friends traveled to Traverse Town to begin their quest.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 03-01-2016 at 01:07 AM.

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Default Special thanks to Price and SpiritofDestiny for helping to write this post!

Kairi feeling slightly braver that she was not going to go this alone, looked to Riku, after Master Yen Sid said that since Sora is currently not around, they would need to find other Keyblade wielders that would fight for the light. She looked to Riku, "Should we see about finding Donald and Goofy?" Kairi asked Riku, "I know, if they knew Sora was in trouble, they wouldn't hesitate to help find him."

Kairi couldn't help but think of Sora, 'You lazy bum...why did you have to go and get yourself into trouble like this?' She thought, but not really angry. She was happy that for once she could actually be of help, instead of someone having to watch from the sidelines.

“Yes,” Riku said without hesitation. Donald and Goofy were clumsy, sure, but they had proven themselves as reliable companions to have in the most impossible of situations. “That is where we should start. They are...” Riku was at a loss for words. How exactly did one describe Donald and Goofy? “..goofy?” Riku shook his head with a small laugh and continued his thoughts. “Whatever they are, they are dependable and valuable allies.”

Riku was doing the best that he could to remain relatively upbeat and strong in front of his best friend and childhood companion, but he was vulnerable on the inside. His eyes still reflected the hurt like mirrors. Now, more than ever, Riku wished that he could entertain the idea of giving into the Darkness to save Sora once more. The look in his eyes became more intense as he thought it over. Kairi would read him like a book.

Kairi then giggled at Riku's comments about Donald and Goofy, "Maybe Sora's influence was strong with them."

Kairi then could tell that Riku was lost in this own thoughts, she then grabbed his hand, and then smiled at him, "Riku...you are not alone. I'm here to help as well. We will save Sora, You don't need to rely on the darkness."

She took her other hand and placed it on Riku's shoulder, "Please, don't blame yourself, it is not your fault," she then hugged him, "Riku, I'm with you, and feel free to draw on my strength as well." She then let go of him, but still held his hand and smiles at him. Her eyes holding compassion and hope. Her eyes held a light, just like any princess of light.

Riku looked down into Kairi’s hopeful eyes. The boy couldn’t return her hug and only listened to her speak with a frustrated skepticism in his own heart. He almost envied her; her light was so strong. He felt so small next to her, a princess of light. The darkness that had plagued him was so alluring and so addictive.

“This would be so much simpler if I turned to it, Kairi,” Riku said in a soft, downtrodden tone. “I have relied on it for so long...is it a part of me now? Can I save Sora without it? What if something happens to you, Kairi? Can I really count on myself without the darkness?”

Riku looked so confused and conflicted. How had he become a keyblade master? He fully expected that title to be passed to Sora and not himself. He had been possessed by the darkness. Was it so simple to erase all of his mistakes with a simple exam? “I’m sorry....” the boy said to Kairi only barely snapping out of his thoughts. Riku looked away from his best friend, not daring to look into her eyes. “...I hate that you have to see me like this."

Kairi then couldn't help but put a friendly hand on Riku's cheek, "Riku, I can tell that you feel that you need the darkness, but you know what? I believe that the darkness needs you, it wants to make you feel that you need it. I know that you have a stronger will than that. You earned the right to be called a keyblade master, it was because of your own power and strength; the darkness didn't do it, it was you."

Kairi then could tell that Riku didn't want to look her in the eyes, but she then turned holding Riku's cheeks in place, making him look into Kairi's blue eyes, she then smiled at him. "Don't be sorry Riku, in fact, I have to say thank you; because you are showing me your honest self, your confusion, your struggles. I know you try to hide it, from me and Sora; however if you showed us this more, we could do our best to help you."

She then hugged Riku and couldn't help but shake with sadness, "If you did go to the darkness, then I would feel like that I failed both you and Sora. I am trying to be strong, but to be honest, I can't help but feel slightly afraid; however I know with you by my side to save Sora, I know we can do it. Without you, I don't know if I would have the strength to do it." She then couldn't help but let a few tear drops fall from her eyes. She didn't want Riku to know, because then he might not let her go on the journey with him, but since they were being honest, she felt he had the right to know as well.

Riku listened to Kairi’s words of encouragement with a small smile forming on his face. He let himself remain in her grip without protest, even if he never was one to hug. After a few more tender moments, Riku broke the hug with a small chuckle.

“Thanks Kairi,” the boy said. Riku dabbed the tears from Kairi’s face with his fingers. “Cheer up, Kairi. Everything’s going to be okay. We’ve saved Sora before,” Riku’s voice was definitely more cheerful now as his facade came back up. There seemed to be no end in sight to this cycle of saving each other. “On to Traverse Town,” the boy said.

Kairi smiled at Riku's words, "I believe you Riku..." She then nodded at his words about Traverse Town, "So the others are to meet us in Traverse Town?" she asked Riku.

Riku nodded. “Yes, we are all to meet at Traverse Town. Let’s go,” Riku said with a small smile painted on his face.

-----

Before long, Riku and Kairi were onboard the next available Gummi Ship en route to Traverse Town. Upon their arrival, the pair wasted no time disembarking and making their way to the main square, where they were to meet with Goofy. Donald, as it turned out, was away on an errand with King Mickey and could not yet be contacted regarding what had happened, though there was little doubt that the royal magician of Disney Castle would not hesitate to join their rescue mission at the first opportunity; he too had grown to care deeply for Sora as a friend, and his often aggressive approach meant he would be all too eager to charge head-first into the darkness itself to save Sora if he could.

For now, Riku and Kairi waited in the main square of Traverse Town, unaware that the help they'd been sent to find would soon be closer than they thought. With Sora missing, the darkness was spreading faster and farther than ever before, and the light had to take drastic measures to protect its newest heroes. Fortunately, the presence of a Keyblade Master and a Princess of Heart in Traverse Town would provide them with a perfect safe haven from the forces of darkness, while also quickly sending Riku and Kairi the reinforcements they would need to rescue Sora.

And that is where our adventure truly starts...

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Inside the dark medieval like castle was a room that only had a large round table surrounded with several chairs. In the realm of Darkness, the scenery was all the same, black with purple like veins running through everything. Void of life and color. This room was no different. It was as if the darkness was part of the room itself. In one of the chairs sat a man that looked like he was patently waiting for something to happen.

Xehanort sat back in his chair looking around the empty room. He had sent out the invitations to his underlings to attend a meeting where he would explain what was going to take place in the future of their little endeavor. Though he knew, one was not going to be attending the event. Well he knew this from the beginning. Sephiroth was one to fallow his own path. It didn’t bother him as long as the man didn’t hinder with his own plans.

Taking a deep breath, he just waited. He was not one to worry about being in a hurry. His plans have taken many years to get everything in place. Therefore, what was a little more time? There was no real threat now since the Light has lost their most precious warrior. Now all that is left was to eliminate the remaining warriors of light, as well as the new chosen ones.

Looking out the window of the long hall Noctis smiled at the darkness that surrounded them. “Soon the Light will fall to darkness, and all will be right with the world.” Noctis said to the void as he returned to his task. Walking down the hall to his destination. Xehanort had called a meeting to discuss the events of what was to come, and he was personally ready to see all of the talent the old man had gathered to his side. With all of this help, it might be an easy task to destroy the light.

Noctis opened the large double doors to the meeting room, and saw that he was the first to arrive other than the Master. “Well it seems I am the first to arrive.” He said as he took his seat. Not knowing what to expect from the meeting nor the people that will be attending. Noctis couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen in this meeting.

The realm of Darkness had certainly earned its name. The air was heavy, carrying a smell reminiscent of death, and traversing the barren landscape felt almost like walking through a cemetery.

The average traveler might be easily overwhelmed in such a lifeless environment, but to Nizam Toth it was almost nostalgic. Xehanort's castle and its long hallways were not unlike the vast maze of tombs at Hamunaptra, although the castle certainly had a much darker aura about it; not even Imhotep's influence over the City of the Dead could compare to the pure darkness of this place. Still, the Medjai were no strangers to darkness, and Toth was even less of a stranger to it ever since he'd been cast out of his tribe, letting him pass through the dark halls with no real discomfort to speak of.

Making his way to a set of large double doors, Toth knocked on the door first, and entered once he was prompted to do so. No group endeavor, let alone one as grand as what Xehanort was proposing, could survive without some reasonable degree of mutual respect, and to compromise that now would be of no benefit to anyone. Toth had seen that happen many times already, even back when he was still a Medjai...

For now, though, Toth set aside the thought. That part of his life ended long ago - Sohail had seen to that - and there was no point in dwelling on the past. And so, like so many times before, Toth returned his focus to the present, finding himself a seat from which he could observe the proceedings.

Part of him wondered if he might get a chance to see the legendary 'Sora' for himself; if the rumors spreading about the so-called Hero of Light were any indication, such a mighty warrior must be something to behold, especially now that he was defeated and left to sulk in some dungeon. But then again, Xehanort most likely new better than to unveil his most prized prisoner this early into their partnership, so Toth didn't give it much thought for the time being.

Rocial made her way into Master Xehanort's castle, she then sighed. 'I want to see if Alexiel has finally left the safety of Spearia...' she then clutched her fist, 'I will be the one, to bring about her end!'

When she entered the castle, the air about it, didn't bother her in any way, she wondered whom was going to attend this meeting, but hopefully they would be...interesting. When she appeared before a pair of double doors, she could sense Master Xehanort's presence, 'Early as usual...' She opens the door, to see that Master Xehanort, and two others, She brushed some black strands of hair, and then decided to take a seat, opposite of Toth, but near Master Xehanort. She was looking over whom was here, She first looked to Noctis, he seemed pretty tall, herself being 5'9", she stood above some, but not all. She then looked to Toth, he seemed to reek of the desert. She could smell heat coming off of him. She Didn't know his backstory, but their was something about him, she would have to keep a sharp eye on him.

She then remembered the day that she lead the attack on Spearia, and if it wasn't for Alexiel's interference, she could have conquered it, and then allow it to fall into darkness. She then looked to Master Xehanort, "How many more guests are you expecting Master Xehanort?"

When the door closed last, a pair of glowing red eyes appeared immediately afterwards. The shadows within the room seemed to cling to it, even as dark as the room was. Footsteps could be heard. Slowly coming into visibility, was a figure that was pitch-black as it blended in with the darkness. However, the glowing red eyes, studied each person in the room without emotion until remaining on Xehanort.

It took a few steps closer before stopping just a bit away from the table. The red of the center of the quillon block of the blade sheathed on his back glowed as well. The blade contained the spirit of the Demon Lord in his realm. It was speaking to him. Telling him that if his goal was to be achieved, that he needed to come here first.

It did not sit, but rather crossed it's arms, remaining in complete silence. It waited for the others to speak.

Xehanort only smiled at Noctis’s reply about being the first to arrive, because soon after the others started to arrive like clockwork. Without saying a word, he acknowledged each person’s presence with a nod of his head. It seemed that not all of them were pleased to be here at this meeting. They would rather be doing their own thing, but he didn’t gather all of these people with the wish for the darkness to rule the worlds for them to go off on their own. He had a plan to systematically eliminate the denizens of light. This included the new Keyblade wielders that have risen up. As soon as the last warrior arrived, Xehanort finally smiled at the now almost full chamber.

“Welcome friends!” Xehanort said with a smile as he looked to each warrior. “I have called this meeting to let all of you know what will be conspiring in the worlds in the near future. However, not all of us could arrive. We are missing one member. Though he has his own mission to attend to.” Xehanort said though the last part was a partial lie, but they didn’t need to know that.

Placing his elbows on the table and interlocking his fingers his face turned serious. “We have some little problems popping up in different worlds. It looks like the light is choosing new warriors to defend its self with, and we must nip these new threats in the bud. Though we have taken care of the most annoying of the lights warriors.” He said as he looked to each warrior again. “Sora is now a prisoner of Darkness, and soon we will be able to destroy the light once and for all, but first we need to ‘deal’ with the new but minor threats.” Xehanort said as he unlocked his hands.

“I will be assigning you each to a world. I want you to hunt down the Keyblade’s chosen one, and eliminate them. Of course you will not be surprised on the world that have keyblade’s appear in them.” Xehanort said as a smile once more. “Though before you will be able to leave I want you to get to know your fellow warriors.” He said as he sat up out of the chair. He turned around to leave the room. “You will be working together. Therefore, you might as well talk for a little while. There is no need rush. I will be back in a little while. Then I will give you your assignments. There is something I need to check on first before we begin filling the world with Darkness.” Xehanort said as he left the room.

Noctis watched as each member of the Xehanort’s recruits were arriving, and he measured them up in turn. The first was an Arabian looking man with long black curly hair. That was defiantly ‘Human’. Though he could tell that the Darkness is was seeded in his heart. Anger, rage, and even jealousy coated his heart. What no one knew About Noctis was that he could tell the differences between all forms of darkness. They were as different to him as the different colors of Light.

Then a woman came in next another with long black hair, though Noctis could tell that she was covering her true appearance. He also could tell that she was full of hatred for some reason. This was a welcome sight. The last person to join the groups was completely different. He was an incarnation of all forms of Darkness. It was as if he was pure negative emotion. He just smiled at the group since they were unique in the way that the darkness has infected them.

However, Xehanort had plans for them to try to get to know one another so they could work better together. Though Noctis was interested in getting to know these people. Therefore, he figured that he would at least introduce himself. “Well then. My name is Noctis.” He said as he looked around at the others. “So what brought you all here?”

Well that was fast. Xehanort wasted no time getting to the point: that with Sora out of the way, their task was to hunt down these new 'Keyblade wielders' before they could pose any threat. And then, not long after making that perfectly clear, Xehanort made known his intentions for them all to get to know each other a bit better. Toth highly doubted that any of his new associates would be so open about themselves this early on; in fact one of them, Noctis, only divulged his name and nothing else. Better to follow suit for now, and answer Noctis' question while listening for the others' answers.

"Fate, I would suppose." Toth replied. "I served the light once, in a way, but the light didn't want me. I've since learned to accept that." He left it at that for the time being. Better for that much to be brought out into the open now than for any of these people to discover it later and try to use it against him. Still, there was no point in giving away all of his secrets just yet, as there was still no way to know how much he could trust any of them beyond a simple show of courtesy.

'So the precious light lost Sora huh? Things just got interesting. Seems Xehanort is straight to the point, as always...' Rocial then heard Noctis introduce himself, so she thought she would introduce herself, "Name's Rocial Umbra." She then tucked a few stray hairs back, and then looked to Noctis, "What brought me here you ask?" she then paused, "Well besides the desire to plunge the worlds into darkness, I wish for one other thing...the complete desecration of my sister. I will be one to end her, no one else shall have that pleasure." her red eyes held the desire to bring about her sister's end.

"Also, since I learned my ways with the keyblade, I guess you could say that I owe him this favor." She said casually. She looked around to the others, they seemed to be able to hold their own, she as hell wasn't going to pick up their slack.

Listening and going through all of the information he was now presented with he could understand why Xehanort felt he could tryst these people. They were a lot like him in certain ways, but that was neither here or there. The Arabian didn’t give his name so there was no way of knowing if he just messed up, or kept it to himself for other reasons. Then the girl showed that she really hated her sister, and he could use that to his advantage later, if there was a need. Then the man that was as darkness himself didn’t say a word. However, this was no surprise to Noctis. It seems the only thing on his mind would be Link. Xehanort told him the reason he joined him, and that was to get rid of his light counterpart nothing else.

“Well there is nothing much about me to tell. The Darkness is I and I am the Darkness. There is nothing more to say on the matter. By the way Mr. Arabian the light is a fickle master that only deceives those that fallow her.” Noctis said to Toth since the man didn’t give him his name. Then he shifted his gaze to Rocial. “Revenge is a sweet as it can get. So indulge in those feelings, and let it become your strength.” Noctis said as he then looked around the room once more with a smile on his face.

“It is a pleasure to meet all of those that wish for the Light to fall and the Darkness to reign. Now that the formalities are over is there anything that you wish to know or for me to indulge in before everything starts, and we start our advances into the world of Light?”

"...the light is a fickle master that only deceives those that follow her."

"And torments them constantly, seducing even her most loyal servants and then humiliating them whenever they dare to express their desires." Toth quickly replied, his voice rising slightly as his gaze sharpened, glaring at nothing in particular. "And even after all the suffering she's caused, she still dares to call herself a victim! No... I washed my hands of her long ago."

“Revenge is a sweet as it can get. So indulge in those feelings, and let it become your strength.” She thought about Noctis' words, she could only smirk, 'Oh, I plan on it, and I will savor her screams of torment as I end of her life.'

She then seemed a little curious, "Could you clarify what you mean by that Noctis, that question to me seems a little vague." However, she seemed curious about one thing, "I do have one question for you Noctis, how did you meet Master Xehanort?"

Even if he didn't answer her honestly, it didn't bother her, but she just wondered how their paths crossed. She momentarily glanced at Toth, 'Sounds like someone has unrequited love, sucks to be him, I guess.'

She didn't need those inferior feelings like love, it never did any good for her, so she didn't bother with it.

Noctus just smiled at Toth’s reply. The man may not have meant to give them any true information, but anyone could see that he was a man that was scorned by a woman. This made things a little easier since there was something that he could use against both of them if there was a time that he would need to. However, that was not the pressing issue now. He knew that the light was getting ready to mount an offensive and he would need to be ready.

Then Rocial had asked a question or two and he was not interested in answering the one, but he did leave himself open to the possibility that someone would ask. Therefore, he figured that he could answer the question. “Well my deer I am an ambiguous person by nature so you will have to get used to that. In addition, I met Master Xehanort in the darkness. He mostly sought me out, and that is about it.” Noctus said as he turned his attention to the one that was not even talking. This one was the most interesting of the group, but in the end, he had a one track mind. That could be his downfall. Well that is his prerogative.

However, just as Noctis was about to say something more on the matter Xehanort reappeared through the double doors, with a smile on his face. “Well it seams my predictions were right. The light is trying to mount an offensive by choosing new Keyblad wielders to fight against us. However, we are going to strike first. We are going to strike against the Light so that we can secure our future.” Xehanort said as he walked back to his chair, and sat back down.

“I am going to be sending you each to a world, and I want you to try and kill the denizen of light that has been chosen from that would. I know for a fact that some of you will be elated to hear who you will be going after.” The old Master said with a slight chuckle as he passes an envelope to each person. “Now Rocial I know that you want nothing more than to destroy your sister, well here is your chance. I want you to go after her.” He said as he looked over to Dark Link next. “You my dear shadow are going after the only thing you wish to destroy. Link is all yours.” He then turned his attention to Toth. “Toth I am giving you the chance to finally get your revenge on the people that betrayed you. I wish for you to eliminate Ardeth Bay.” He said still in a light tone. However when his attention turned to Noctis.

“We do have a slight problem though. It seems the light has chosen warriors that aren’t chosen by the Keyblade to protect the warriors of light. This comes as a shock to me. This was not within my set plans, but…” Xehanort was saying before he was interrupted by Noctis.

“You may not have the man power, but I have a few warriors of my own to deal with them. So don’t worry about that. Just give me the names of the other warriors, and the worlds they inhabit, and they will be dealt with as well.” Noctis said with a clam tone as he looked at the older man.

Xehanort only smiled at the young man as he interrupted him giving him the good news. “Very well then. I will leave the others to you.” He said as he reached for a piece of paper that was inside of his robs, and handed it to Noctus. “Now that that is all taken care of. Is there anything you need before you depart for your designated worlds?”

Toth raised an eyebrow at Xehanort. Not once had Toth ever discussed his past, at least not directly, and he had certainly never mentioned Ardeth Bay to anyone. Yet Xehanort seemed to know already, and knew quite a bit about the others as well, the only possible exception being Noctis. Clearly Xehanort knew what he was doing, and Toth could respect that.

"Ardeth Bay..." Toth echoed thoughtfully. He'd never held any grudge against Ardeth himself; after all, Ardeth was only a boy when they'd last met, and had never known or understood why his parents had distanced themselves from Toth the way they had. But now the sins of the father must once again be visited upon the son, as fate has apparently seen fit for Toth to finish what he'd started all those years ago.

"Very well." Toth said at last, already thinking over how he might go about this mission. "If there's nothing else, then I'll be taking my leave."

Although Rocial didn't get all of her answers; however she was fine with it. When Master Xehanort asked about if we needed something else, she shook her head no, she was completely content at the moment, but when he mentioned about assigning worlds, she was hoping that she would go after her sister.

When Xehanort entered and then explained that the darkness would bring about going on the offensive, and what especially she wanted to hear more than anything, “Now Rocial I know that you want nothing more than to destroy your sister, well here is your chance. I want you to go after her.”

She then smiled darkly as she took the envelope into her slender fingers and started giggling bowing her head to Master Xehanort, "Thank you Master Xehanort...I will not disappoint." She then couldn't help but mentally picture how she would bring her sister down. She then heard where everyone else is going and then nodded, 'Seems to fit perfectly.' "I'm ready to head out as well, unless their is anything else you need Master?"

Dark link scanned the others as they continued speaking. Lord Demise has seemed to send him here for only a delay his purpose. It mattered not what Xehanort told him, the death of the hero of Hyrule was to be by his hand. The power of the blade glowed behind him, reminding him of what caused his existence he looked at his shoulder and rolled his shoulder. Dark Link nodded silently and turned to walk out. Once coming into contact with the shadows of the room, the body immediately dissipated.

Xehanort watched the reactions of the people in the room as he told them whom they would be going after, and the most interesting reaction belonged to Toth. The man almost seemed a little interested in how Xehanort knew of his past, but refused to speak on the matter. Well that didn’t surprise him in the least. Toth was one that kept mostly to himself about his past, and he could respect that. “Toth that is all you may start your mission. Just be prepared for what you will face. Ardeth has become a fine warrior.” Xehanort said as the man took his leave.

Rocial on the other hand was excited over the fact of going after her sister. He could tell that this was the one thing she wanted more than to throw the words into the darkness. Xehanort only smiled at the child as she thanked him for this opportunity. “Well I am expecting great things from you so go and have fun killing your sister. I am sure she is looking forward to seeing you again.” He said still smiling as the girl left the room full of excitement for what she was about to do, and he knew that she is a cunning girl and was more than likely thinking of ways to make her sister suffer.

Then there was Dark link who didn’t even show any emotion on the matter of his target. Though Xehanort knew that this was the only thing this warrior would have done in the first place, and as long as he gets rid of this warrior, he could do whatever he wanted after. Since there would be no purpose for him to fulfill after Links passing. However, Xehanort was looking forward to seeing what was going to happen. When Dark Link left the room, it was only him and Noctis now.

“So what do you think of our little band of miscreants?” Xehanort asked as he looked over to the only person that remained in the room. These people wished for the world to fall to the darkness and were willing to sacrifice anything to see it happen, as long as their goals accomplished.

Noctis just watched as the others left the room, and now he and master Xehanort were the only ones left. Then the old Master asked him a question. “Well I think that they will be quite the asset for your plans. However, you already knew this. Therefore, there was no reason for you to ask that question. I am sure that with their help the realm of light will final fall.” Noctis said as he turned to walk out the door. “Now Let’s get this all started.” He said with a smile as he left the room.

Everything was going according to plan.

Soon the realms will fall to the darkness...

Star of the Dawn
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

(QUICK NOTE: Underlined dialogue is in Arabic.)

The winds were calm tonight, as they seldom were in the City of the Dead. Atop a black horse, Ardeth rode slowly around the mostly barren landscape before him. The only hints left to betray any trace of Hamunaptra's existence were a few downed obelisks and other structures scattered throughout the otherwise empty sands, but the Medjai knew better. The Creature still lay buried somewhere beneath these sands, and it would still fall to the Medjai to make sure he stays that way, guarding the necropolis as they and their ancestors had for more than 3,000 years. But for now, thanks in no small part to the treasure hunters who'd just recently defeated the Creature, all seemed to be calm.

"Ardeth." Called a voice not too far away. Turning to face the source, Ardeth quickly recognized his father riding toward him on another horse.

"Father... What is it?" Ardeth asked as Sohail Bay slowed to a stop next to him.

"It is getting late; the people are becoming worried." Sohail replied. "Is something troubling you? The Creature is back in his grave, but you act as though he might rise up at any moment."

"I don't think I can do this, Father." Ardeth said thoughtfully after a moment, just as a faint breeze began to pick up. "You and every Commander before you kept the Creature safely buried, because you were willing to do whatever it took to keep him buried at any cost. But after the Creature rose from his grave on my watch, and after everything else I've seen since then... I don't think I can do that anymore. Too much innocent blood has been shed here..."

"It's true that most of the men don't approve of how you handled the situation." Sohail said. "How you let the surviving foreigners live."

"It was the least I could do for them." Ardeth replied firmly, straightening up. "They defeated the Creature; they succeeded where we failed."

"And if you hadn't let O'Connell go three years prior, or if you had killed him and his English employers when they came here, the Creature might never have been defeated. He might still be wandering this Earth, leaving the same destruction in his wake as he did when you faced him." Sohail explained, just as firmly. "For more than 3,000 years, we thought the deaths of a few innocents was the lesser evil compared to the risk of letting the Creature rise again. But you proved that we don't need to resort to such bloodshed; the others don't quite understand this yet, but I do."

Ardeth looked surprised; those had been his thoughts exactly, but he hadn't expected anyone else among his people to understand as much, let alone agree with him. Sohail just smiled.

"You've been Commander for barely a few years, Ardeth, but already you've shown more strength than I could ever have hoped for. I am proud of you, my son." Sohail said, placing a hand on Ardeth's shoulder. "Come; your mother is waiting for us back at camp."

As they both left Hamunaptra and began to ride home, Ardeth noticed the night sky becoming just a little darker, as though the stars themselves seemed to fade away one by one. Another breeze picked up, stronger than before, and suddenly several bright yellow eyes appeared and charged at them, frightening their horses.

"Those are the Creature's minions; I've fought them before." Ardeth said to his father, immediately recognizing the black bodies camouflaged in the dark of the night. The strange sword with the Eye of Horus symbol on it appeared in his hand as he charged at the beasts, felling several of them as his father proceeded to do the same.

But then suddenly a shot rang out, narrowly missing Ardeth, but distracting him enough that he fell off of his horse.

"Ardeth!" Sohail cried out. It was the last thing Ardeth heard before everything went black.

By the time Ardeth came to, he was clearly no longer in Egypt. The streets and buildings of this place were unfamiliar to him, and the glowing signs written in English in some places were unusual in and of themselves. But Ardeth was in no mood for sightseeing; those yellow-eyed creatures were loose again! Where was his father; was he still fighting those things alone?! They might even be attacking his people now, for all he knew!

Getting up off the floor, Ardeth kept the Eye of Horus sword at the ready as he began trying to navigate these unfamiliar streets, passing by a young girl and a white-haired boy along the way.
    Last edited by Lady Celeste; 12-16-2016 at 08:35 PM.

Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Im extremely well-rounded, Though mature Roleplays and romance are my strong points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Default Co-Post between Yami & I

The sun was risen high into the sky, it's rays almost benevolently shining down upon the world of Riveria. It was somewhat of a peaceful place to live, its inhabitants a very kind folk who don't hesitate when it comes to hospitality. They practice swordplay on a day to day basis, as it's their tradition, and a means of discipline for the young. However things have been changing as of late. Heartless have been popping up a lot more frequently, and soon what was merely used as a means of discipline is now used to fend of the sporadic threat. Unfortunately they fight a battle they know nothing about, for even though they strike down the heartless, they inevitably return in search of hearts.

Legends speak of a weapon that can permanently slay the beings called a keyblade...but it's only bestowed upon a chosen few. For a time, Riveria had one of said Keyblade wielders...but he suddenly disappeared from the capital, leaving the townsfolk to solve their own problems. He's been seen from time to time, but no one knows where he goes, or why he stopped helping in first place. Some resent him, others chose to forget he ever had power, and lean towards a higher power in hopes that prayers would help quell the heartless.

The Keyblade weilder's name was Sirus. A boy who discovered his power at a young age, and got ahead of himself. He took on much more than he could chew, and inevitably dug a ditch for himself. Except he chooses to remain in said ditch. Ever since he stopped fighting off the heartless that appeared in the main capital, he's lived a distanced life in the capitals outskirts. Every now and then enter to restock on necessities, but nothing more than that in terms of interaction. However although he chose a life of apathy, that didn't mean the heartless stopped coming. They are attracted to the keyblade like moths to a flame, even though he isn't seen fighting within the capital, Sirus's skills reluctantly remain hardened.

On this day in particular he decided on secluded himself within a lush field of flowers, lazily laying down amidst them, and staring at the blue sky. The cool breeze of the wind keeping him calm.

Dark clouds started to gather in the sky blocking the sun that was smiling down happily as if to say that Darkness has finally descended into the world. A figure clad in dark clothing all except for the red sash that hung from his shoulder appeared in the world via a black portal. He walked outside of the city, as a little black Shadow hearless approached him. It communicated with the man telling him where to find the warrior of light, and he already knew some information from the paperwork that Noctis had given him concerning who he was sent to take care of.

Dismissing the small creature, he made his way over to where the young warrior was lazing about amongst the flowers in a field not too far from where he had arrived. As he made his way over to the child, the young warrior would not be able to feel his presence, as easily as the Heartless, but he would see how aware of his surrounding he was. He continued to walk towards the child and, when he got close, enough he spoke to him. “Hello young warrior.”

"You give me too much credit. I am far from a warrior, but call me what you like, I couldn't care less.." Sirus would respond right back towards the hooded figure. Was he aware of when the hooded figure appeared? Or wasn't he, and did he just not give a damn either way. Overall Sirus wasn't giving much emotion towards the situation at hand. He had visibly witnessed the darkening sky, and easily figured out that something was amiss, but even so he didn't budge. Well, not until he sat up to actually see whom he was talking to. They didn't have their fave shown, but they certainly seemed ominous. Sirus gave the figure a dull, lazy stare, seemingly void of worry or fear. "You got business with me or something? I'm assuming you responsible for ruining my view of the sky.."

Letum chuckled at the boy’s response to what he had said. It seems this child has some issues with what he has been chosen to do. Well no matter what he thinks, he was chosen by the light, so he must have much potential in him. Never the less he just watched as Sirus finally decided that he was going to get up, and look at him. Therefore, he removed his hood so he could see his face. “Why yes the darkness is my doing, but don’t worry yourself over trivial matters. “By the way you might not think you are a warrior, but the Keyblade choose you, so you better live up to its expectations.” Letum said ignoring the question, if he had business with him or not.

He snapped his fingers and ten Shadow heartless surrounded the young man and himself. Their piercing yellow eyes just stared at him. “I can tell that you have not come to terms with who you are. Why in the world risk your life for those that don’t care whether you live or die?”

"Live up to its..Expectations? Are you here merely to lecture me? I didn't ask for a blade to magically manifest itself within the palm of my hand. I didn't ask to be swarmed by black creatures on a day to day basis. It happened on its own, without any consent. Just because I'm given the 'tools' doesn't mean I should automatically fight' for the greater good or vice versa. The creatures finding me is an inevitable occurrence, but I do what I please." As Sirus spoke he rose to his feet, and watched with the snap of a finger that the black creature he'd slay would come to the mans aid without a word. They weren't attacking yet, but it didn't take a genius to know where things were about to go. "You bust your ass to uphold the peace, but get no gratitude in return, but the moment you stop, your irrelevant In their eyes, your only seen as a means to keep their lives stable. Before you realize it, you've become the tool."

"Maybe my words have some weight to them. Maybe it's just a poor excuse to be as lazy as I want to be. Heck if I have all the answers...." As he finished his last sentence, he held out his hand, and his keyblade appeared before him, clutched within his palm. "But if it's a fight your looking for, I have time to kill." It's appearance hardly portrayed something fitting of 'a warrior of light', but maybe it' seemingly 'dark' appearance possessed a deeper meaning
    Spoiler: DarkGnaw 

Letum only chuckled at Sirus once more. He defiantly was unaware of his true potential as a Keybalde wilder, but what more is that he is not on the side of light and or darkness. He seemed to be neutral at least now, but that could change at the drop of a hat. Letum just smiled as he waited for him to finish his train of thought. “Yet you don’t have your own free will. No matter how hard you try, there is no way that you will be able to live a carefree life anymore. Once that blade chose you your life stopped being yours.” Letum said as he took another step towards Sirus.

Looking at the blade in the child’s hand, he could tell that this was not a normal light Keyblade. Maybe because of his confliction the blade has changed. Well it truly didn’t matter. He was not here to make friends with this child nor was he here to recruit him. His orders were to eliminate the threat, but if he could bring him to their side then he would not have to kill him. “These little creatures are not here for you.” He said as he looked to the Heartless and the shrunk down into portals and moved in the direction of the city.

“You may be looking for a fight, and I am here to address the matter of the Keyblade wilder. However, I really don’t care if you want a fight. However, let me ask you something. Why do you care for the light, and fear the darkness?” Letum said as he then raised his hand pointing at the child. He was ready to fight if Sirus attacks him, but he wanted to hear his answer first.

"So my fate was set in stone the moment it appeared in the palm of my hand... The status quo is a rather fickle beast. Like tales of light and darkness constantly clashing against one another. Somehow I became mixed into all of this nonsense. Interesting, to say the least...From what your saying it looks like I might actually have to work for my own version of a happy ending. The thought alone sickens me...but I'll play along." Sirus shrugged, a playful smirk on his face, as the man went on about his task.

"It doesn't take a scholar to know what your here for. Considering that no one knows the exact location of this place, and your own words I can safely assume that your task is to cut my life short. If not now, eventually. Nip it in the bud, as they say. I'm not going to take that chance. Enough talking." Sirus said, cutting the conversation short. And sparking the flames of battle with an aggressive horizontal toss of his keyblade aimed directly at Letum. Although avoiding battle was always his go to approach, he couldn't afford it here. There was too much at stake, and this ominous darkness spreading across the sky so suddenly made him nervous.

Letum only shook his head at Sirus since he once again didn’t answer his question. Though he could see how he would be a threat to what they were trying to accomplish. Sirus might have been lazy but when pushed he was defiantly more aggressive. Since he attacked him first. Letum just stood there as the keyblade was coming towards him, and when it struck his body, it exploded in a rain of water fell back to the earth. Then a Letums voice came out of nowhere and everywhere at the same time.

“Temper, temper young warrior you are far too weak to be fighting me like this, but I guess it can’t be helped. Since I am here to end your life it is only natural to fight back.” Letum said as his voice echoed all around Sirus. The voice began to laugh at the young man. “You should learn your place.” Letum said as he appeared right behind Sirus, and attempted to stab the child in the back.

Sirus smirked as his reckless hit had connected, but that small window of confidence turned to unease once the hooded figures body dispersed into liquid, and the. He heard a voice behind him. It almost felt like time had stopped, and the realization that he made a grave mistake had sank in. In haste, Sirus would turn around, and presumably meet his doom, but what he was met with wasn't a stab to the chest, but an immense bright flash of light that forced him to close his eyes.

Sirus faltered, and fell back on his behind, but when he opened his eyes...he wasn't home, There was no place in Riveria that looked anything like this... and his opponent was still nowhere to be seen. He was now within a town he had no information about. Was he transported? Was he dead? No, he didn't feel a thing, Sirus was positive he wasn't wounded, but still.. "Where the hell am I?" The young keyblade weilder asked himself, as he made his weapon disappear, and curiously began to look about this oddly lively town, void of the presence of any heartless.

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Alinara's eyes shot open, her hand quickly grabbing a dagger hidden under her pillow and stabbing it forward into a man that was just smiling down at her "Very good my child. You've improved your reaction from last time... Although it is still not enough. You would've been struck down already." He brushed away his long jet black hair and tugged the dagger out of his chest, shadows of darkness swirling around it and closing up the would with naught even a drop of blood spilled. "Either way, it is time to wake."

The white haired warrior sat up in bed as the man stepped off it. The ritual was a common one. Darkness would come in and wait for her to react to his presence and then she'd awaken and slam a blade into him. He'd shrug it off like usual and then their day would begin. She climbed out of bed and washed her face in the water basin before shedding her night clothes.

Her whole life was training to be a warrior and as such there was little fat upon her body except for her chest and even then not that much. She grabbed the black clothe from her dresser and slipped them on before stepping over to the armor stand. Black armor forged by Darkness himself. Changing with her as she grew up, staying the perfect suit of armor. "You have to though, don't you. Being perfectly one with me, connected into me."

She donned the armor, wincing as each piece connected and attached to her body, already feeding from her blood, making the lines of the armor red. With her armor fully donned she grabbed the dark steel great blade from it's case, sliding it into it's scabbard across her back before she stepped outside of the room and eventually the house. Outside it was dark. It was always dark. This was the final bastion of the Darkness from the crusade of the Light. Supporters and beings of the dark being hunted down and killed, all in the name of the righteous and holy Light. This was all that was left. One stronghold protected by Darkness himself.

---

A young man with long black hair was getting ready for the day, by placing on his white armor and placing his hair in a pony tail. He was getting ready to kill of the last of the Darkness’s rebellion against Light. Though he knew, Light was full of darkness. In this world, the roles were switched. That is what made it so easy for him to slip into his role, and become a general in the ranks of Light’s army. This attack was in the works for a while. However, when Noctis came to visit him just a little while ago giving him his new orders they just coincided so perfectly. His target for elimination just happens to be the last warrior of the Darkness, Alinara.

So now, he and his company were to march on Darkness’s last stronghold, and bring it down. However, he had orders from Light to bring Darkness back alive. So he opened a portal that would lead about three miles from where the stronghold was, and they would then attack. Everyone that was with him entered to portal.

As soon as they entered they appeared on the other side and marched down the way to where the encampment was. Soon everything will be in place, and he will get to Alinara kill her, and then capture Darkness so that Noctis can corrupt him as he did Light. None of the solders around him knew that what they were fighting for was nothing more than a plot that someone else has devised. “We only have one mission that is to destroy our enemies, but we are to take Darkness alive.” Kain said as he took his spear in hand, and ran into the camp. The rest of his troops fallowed right behind him. He immediately tried to find Alinara, and Darkness.

--

The darkness of day was like most others. Alinara walking with Darkness, discussing tactics they could use to end the bloody reign of the Light. What made this more different than others was when a horn was blown. "No... It's much too soon for them to have amassed a force to assault this place. It's too soon for you to face them..."

She strode forward as the sounds of fighting started to echo through the area. Necromancers calling up the dead, gargoyals coming to life to fling themselves at the foes. An army of warriors in dark armor charging into the fray. "I am ready father. I am ready to face the evil of the Light!" Darkness just shook his head at her, grabbing her by the back of her armor.

"No. You're not ready for this fight. We're out of time, but I know a way to give you time! COME!" He started running off to a temple of darkness and Alinara glanced over her shoulder to see the glint of golden forms descending on her fellow comrades and friends. She had to shut out their plight and run after Darkness into the temple, slamming the doors shut behind her.

---

Kain was making his way through the warriors of Darkness, and taking out any warrior that just happened to step in his path. Cutting down warrior after warrior as he looked for his target, and after a bit he found them running in the direction of what looked like a temple dedicated to Darkness. He smiled as he quickly made his way over to the temple when a black armored man stepped in his path to block it. “If you value your miserable life get out of my way!” Kain said as he charged at the man with his spear in hand.

The man didn’t move an inch at the warrior of Light. ”You will not get past me!” He said as he brought his sword down at his charging foe. Then suddenly the man disappeared from his sight, and he felt a searing pain in his back. Where the man’s spear was now embedded in his back. The man screamed, and then fell to the ground. Kain removed his spear, just as the doors to the temple closed.

He didn’t know what Darkness had planned, but he was not going to let them get away. He moved to the temple as quickly as he could, and opened the doors. As he walked in he pulled a small vile of green liquid, and poured some of it on his blade. This poison effects the nervous system paralyzing the muscles. Though not enough to kill the person, but enough to make it where they would not be able to move readily.

He moved into the temple to find Darkness and his little warrior. Making his way quickly through the temple he finally found who he was looking for. He moved to where they were with a smile on his face. “Well, well looks like Darkness and his little girl are trying to do something here. So are you ready to die, and finally end this war?” Kain said as he pointed his spear at the two.

---

Deeper and deeper they went into the temple until they finally came to a dead end of a room the was sometimes used for rituals. Once this had been a room that held a crystal of darkness, but it had been shattered by the hunting down of the Warriors of Darkness. Darkness led her away from the door to the end off the room, slicing his hand open with a dagger of shadows. "You still had much to learn child. Reasons why you are a chosen. However-" He looked upwards, feeling the presence of someone entering. "However, it is something you will have to learn from shards of knowledge. Past incarnations."

He poked her right in the chest. "Crystals are just physical embodiments of hope. The true form of a crystal is in the heart." She started to say something, but he shook his head, letting blood drip onto the pedestal. "I know you don't understand any of this now, but it shall make sense later." He turned to the door, pushing Alinara to the pedestal.

She climbed onto it, laying a hand upon the hilt of her blade. "Father... I don't want you to have to do this. Please let me fight with you..." Before he could give her an answer, the doors of the room were pushed open and a single arrogant warrior strode through it. Darkness just grinned, spreading his arms out as he stood between him and her. "ALINARA! WHAT IS THE TRUTH OF THE WORLD'S LIE?"

Alinara closed her eyes, nodding her head before she slammed her fist against her heart. "There is no Light. There is no Darkness. Only Good and Evil!" Darkness nodded and sent a huge flare of power through the room. The pedestal glowed around Alinara before she was enveloped in shadows, power surging through the room in a teleportation that could travel off world. As this happened he charged at Kain with a wall of darkness charging with him to slam into the warrior of Light.

---

Kain could only watch as Darkness and his little protégé were both looking at the door as he walked in, and Darkness stood between him and Alinara. This was not unexpected, but they had been up to something he could see that. She was standing on what looked like an alter, and Darkness had a smile on his face. This was not going to end well for them. Even if they had a plan, they were trapped like rats. Kain slowly made his way tires both of them when Darkness threw his arms out to the side saying something about the truth of the world.

After that, Alinara replied to her father. Then a surge of darkness filled the room, and the man ran towards Kain. Just as that was happening the girl started too disappeared into the shadows. “You might think that you saved her, but that is not the truth. She will die before too long, but not before she witnesses your broken body, and fully regrets living.” Kain said as he charged at Darkness as well…

---

Alinara never saw was happened next. She was engulfed in darkness that sped her across worlds while she rested in a stasis, searching for a safe haven from evil to put her at. Man places were passed up until finally a world was found. A simple world that was home to a town that was not corrupted by evil forces. The sphere of darkness that housed and protected her fell into the world, crashing to a stop in the slums.

She awoke from her stasis, the darkness fading into the shadows around her. She didn't recognize the place she was in at all. "This doesn't look like a village from where I'm from... The architecture is much too different... I probably should have paid more attention to the astral lectures..." She pulled herself to her feet, making sure she had her sword slung across her back and started to explore, searching for someone that could possibly help her.
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

The Shadow's Embrace
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

((Just noticed the accidental double post. Do ignore this!))
    Last edited by Heson Shadowbane; 03-29-2016 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Posted twice somehow
    I am the blade of shadows embrace. Just because I am a user of an unholy power doesn't make me evil. For without light, a shadow cannot exist.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Heson Shadowbane is on discord! For those friends of mine that want to keep in touch with me just send me a message and I'll give ya my deets.

Krystalline Moon
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

It was another sunny day in the world of Aincrad, and the player that have been stuck in this game since it fist started more than a year ago had finally resigned themselves to this life. Though they still have hope or getting out of this virtual prison. That is because of the brave warriors that fight on the front line risking their lives in this death game to win the freedom of all. However, even the members of the front lines have to have a bit of a break every now and then.

This just happened to be one of those days for Kirito. Asuna wanted to party with him, and she basically threatened him into excepting the offer. So here they are making their way into the dungeon on the – floor. Entering the cave the two warriors made their way through the labyrinth like floors killing any mobs that they could find. Granted he didn’t have to worry too much about Asuna since she could take care if herself, but the problem was that there were monsters that formed in the upper dungeons that could only be killed by a special blade. Granted he hasn’t told anyone about these creatures since it seams that he was the only one they seamed to be interested in.

That was one of the reasons he didn’t want her to come along, but there was no stopping her once she gets set on doing something. So Kirito would just have to deal with the little black things if they happened to show up. He just hoped that they would not show up. He was already hiding his duel blades skill from everyone in the game, and now he was hiding this as well. As they continued to clear the dungeon, and talk to one another. However Kirito felt like he was being watched, but he couldn’t find the sours of this feeling.

But just as they saw the doors that led to the boss room suddenly the hair on the back of Kirito's neck stood on end. He felt like someone was watching them from somewhere but he couldn’t tell from where. Well that is until the doors to the boss room opened up and a man walked out of the room. He was wearing a black jacket with the hood uncovering his face. The young man in black looked at the two as he took off his hood reviling a youthful face. He had short black hair, and black eyes. He just smiled at the two as he walked towards them.

“Well this is a little bit of a surprise. I thought the famous Beater was one to work alone, but it seems he has changed his stripes. Well no matter it doesn’t change a thing.” Amis said as he came to a stop not more than five feet from the two swordsman. His smile never left his face and that fact had Kirito on edge.

He had never seen a person with this kind of avatar before but somehow this man knew him. “Well it seems you know a lot about me, but I have never seen you on the front lines. So who are you?” Kirito asked as he continued to try to make sense of this whole situation. Never once had a player walked out of a boss room that no one had entered yet, yet alone by themselves. Not one boss as ever been defeated by a signal player before in the whole history of the game. Stepping in font of Asuna Kirito watched the man carefully.

Amis Just smiled as Kirito made his first move and that was to protect the other person. He just smiled at the sentiment. “Well it is unimportant for you to know who I am since you will not be alive long enough to really care. Along with everything that you love.” Amis said as a black sword appeared in his hands.

“Now, now there is no reason to rush this my brother. We need to have a little fun with our pray after all.” Another voice rang out behind Kirito and Asuna, and they both turned around to see another black figure with his hood down. His man had short brown hair, and carried a golden sword much like the other man. This was getting a little out of hand. Dealing with one opponent was bad enough, but two that he had no idea about was going to be a pain. Especially since he didn’t want to use his duel blades skill.

Amin just looked at his brother. “You are right he is our pray. You girl if you value your life don’t get involved just walk away!” He said as he took a couple of more steps towards Kirito. He didn’t carte for the girl since she was not the one they were sent after, but if she did try to interfere then she would regret it.

Kirito got close to Asuna and whispered into her ear as they both stood back to back. “Asuna Get out of here. I don’t want to…” Kirito was saying until he got an elbow in his ribs. “I am not leaving you here to die. So just get over yourself, and concentrate on the one with the black hair, and I will take care of the other one.” She said not faltering in her voice at all. Kirito just sighed. She was stubborn all right, but at least he would not have to worry about her. “Fine. But if you…” Kirito was saying when he was interrupted yet again. “Don’t worry about it. I will use a teleportation crystal if needed. Now get going.” She said as she then charged towards Amun.

Kirito once again faced the man in front of him with a calm look on his face that quickly turned to a serious one. He was not going to kill the man, but he would not let him win this fight. He pulled Elucidator from his back, and charged at the man as his sword began to glow. He was activating a skill, so he would see what this man was capable of.

Amis and Amun both shook their heads as they both charged at them. ‘Well it looks like she will not let us do our job, so can you play with her Amun.’ Amis said into his brother’s mind as they both readied to receive the attacks that were aimed at them. ‘No problem. Besides she just might be fun to toy with!’ Amun replied as he dodged Asuna’s attack, and brought his sword around to slash at her back.

Amis blocked the boys attack, and wasn’t even moved by the power. Kirito got a shocked look on his face as he struggled to break the dead lock, and the man didn’t even look as if he was trying to fight. Then suddenly the man lifted his hand, and Kirito felt pain in his side and watched as his life bare dropped down. He jumped back and looked at the man. He was looking for the second weapon, but didn’t see any. “What in the world?” Kirito asked as Amis brought his hand down, and a blade of wind came flying at Kirito. “How can you use mag…” Kirito was starting to say when a bright flash of light blinded him.

---

Kirito had to cover his eyes, and by the time the light faded and he could see again he was not in the dungeon. He was in a town, that didn’t look familiar. Though the buildings were sort of like the ones in one of the towns in Aincrad. He was in some kind of shopping center of some kind. “Where in Aincrad am I?” He questioned then as he looked around he didn’t see Asuna anywhere and he began to panic.

Had he somehow been removed from the game? However, that was impossible. He quickly looked where his life bar was, and it was still there but Asuna’s information was missing. He was confused about what just happened. He knew this was not the game, because this was not one of the town’s from where he was from. Shaking his head, he walked towards the center of the area. He hoped Asuna got out of that mess as she promised. He needed to find a way back.

January Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Superhero Stuff, Fantasy, lots of fandoms
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Traverse Town...it was the first world that Riku had traveled to a world outside of his own. After all that time building that raft, and it was the darkness that acted as his vessel. How quick he had been to mistake his childish. reckless arrogance for courage back then. Oh, how he had changed since he was last here. He was truly here, and not just in a copy of the world itself. The homely world around him struck at his heart and elicited a sort of nostalgia inside of him. Everything felt so much simpler in this world, despite the circumstances.

Riku took note of the mysterious stranger that passed him by. The man was tall and muscular, and certainly an imposing figure. He was not the sort of man that one would want to fight, and yet...there was something strange about him. The strange markings on his skin combined with the man’s dress gave away that he was not from this world; and if he was not from Traverse Town....where exactly was he from? The boy turned to look at Kairi with a puzzled expression before taking off after the man. He knew that Kairi would be right behind him after all.

The boy's footsteps clanked against the cobblestone streets as he left the city square and caught up with the man in one of the many alleys next to a lamp post. The boy reached out and put a hand on the man’s robe, while carefully placing enough weight on his back foot to leap away should the man turn to aggression. “Hey, you, stop!” Riku let a second pass before speaking again. “You’re not from this world...are you?"

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast