Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Pokemon: Rings of Destiny (IC)

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

MISSION!: The Haunted Forest!

After the disappearance of a group of school kids in the nearby forest, the local citizens have decided to clear trees for more paths and set up more signs, but the forest seems to be fighting back. A Trevenant and a group of Phantump drive the would-be lumberjacks right out of the forest, cursing anyone who dares to set foot inside the forest.

Rewards: Dusk Stone

Special: You may catch the Trevenant and/or any of the Phantump.
    Special: This may take place in any forest or woods, and the nearby town or city is registered in your Ring Watch.

--------------------

MISSION!: A Titanic Disaster!

After the discovery of a Frillish colony, led by a Jellicent king and queen, of the coast of the town/city, officials have notified authorities and ship routes have been changed. Unfortunately, a popular cruise ship has not received the notification and is heading right for the territory and certain doom, as the Pokémon are known to sink ships and drag people under to consume their lifeforce as they drown.

Rewards: Dive Ball (10)

Special: You may catch either/both Jallicent and/or any of the Frillish.
    Special: This may take place off the coast of any town or city, and that town or city is registered in your Ring Watch.

--------------------

MISSION!: Ghastly Trophies!

People have been disappearing in the frozen mountains, dragged away screaming in the middle of the night. Mostly men, the talk of the nearby town/city is that a Froslass has taken up residence in the frozen mountains, taking humans and Pokémon alike and freezing them alive as ghastly trophies in its lair.

Rewards: Dusk Ball (10)

Special: You may catch the Froslass.
    Special: This may take place in any snowy mountain, and the nearby town or city is registered in your Ring Watch.

--------------------

Q: What are Missions?
    A: Missions are special writing opportunities outside of the normal progression of the game. This means that you can hop onto a mission from wherever you are in a story, and then return to the exact moment you left off. It is assumed to have taken place at some other time in the storyline. This allows anyone to participate in a Mission, no matter where that person is or what that person is doing.
    You do not have to take the Mission, but it is a unique opportunity. Every Mission will give you one or more rewards, and each Pokémon that participates in a Mission will gain a level. This level does not count against the one level per day limit. Some Missions may even allow you to catch Pokémon (they will specify).
    Missions can be done solo or in groups through co-posts. Either one works. The finished products are to be placed IC, and must have the MISSION tag at the beginning of the post, as well as the list of participating characters right underneath it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Gateon Port, Orre, -> Snowpoint City, Sinnoh -> Mauville City, Hoenn

Tristan nodded at Conall, thinking about what he'd said. Yeah... I think it's best to stay in packs after an event like this. Tristan brought up the teleportation list on his ring watch. Be safe, guys. We'll see each other soon, for sure. Tristan nodded at Luka, who'd been silent the entire time.

After that, Tristan clicked his ringwatch, which was to teleport him to his house. It did, in fact, teleport him to his house. He teleported himself inside of his warm, cozy room in his normal teleportation place. The door, however, was closed. I don't remember closing that, but... we'll see what happens. Tristan muttered all of this under his breath, and opened the door.

What was in front of him.... was uneventful. It looked like nobody had entered his room, or had done anything with his house in general. He looked out the window of the dining room - still snow.

I guess nobody has really messed with my house. But... why?

Standing in the center of the house, Tristan threw out Reedah. However, something happened immediately. The kitsune-like pokemon immediately turned its back to Tristan, and started to growl at the corner of the wall. Tristan became extremely confused at that moment. What's happening? Is Reedah ok?

After a few seconds of this, Tristan started to walk towards the corner of the wall that Reedah was growling at, but Reedah jumped in front of him and let a froth of fire from her maw. Reedah! What're you - Wait, I should be trusting her more, shouldn't I? Tristan thought this just as the flame did not hit the house as Tristan had thought would happen, but a pokemon instead.

A Kecleon, to be sure. ... What??? Tristan became enraged. As the Flamethrower hit the cloaked pokemon, it came out and started to run, but Tristan blocked its exit from the house. Behind Tristan was a hallway, and a door to the exit of the house, which he was sure that the small lizard was trying to escape from.

However, the pokemon was determined to do everything that it could to escape. The pokemon lashed out at Tristan, and slashed at his legs in an attempt to get past. However, though its claws were long and sharp, Tristan jumped back to avoid the claws, and, at the same time, sending out a random pokemon to the fight.

Luckily for Tristan, the pokeball he threw out was the pokeball for Shadow. Immediately, Shadow knew exactly what to do. Using a hypnosis attack, the legendary pokemon threw a sleep wave towards the lizard pokemon. The majority of the attack hit, and the pokemon went down.

What am I going to do with this pokemon now? I can't let it escape. Tristan threw out Prime, and the rest of his party, excluding Snowpoint. I'll put Snowpoint outside, and let him "chill out."

Despite the seriousness of the situation, Tristan laughed at his own pun. He hadn't even said it out loud. Because of this, his team shot him a collective weird look, and Tristan stifled his laughing.

Alright, guys. This intruder has gotten into our house. Are there any more? His pokemon scattered to check if there were any others. After a little bit of rocking and rumbling, Tristan's team found four more of the Kecleon, which weren't as strong as the first one. Tristan found some rope to try and restrain the pokemon which had fainted, and tied them up with a strong bond.

While this was going on, Tristan threw out Snowpoint outside of his house to protect his house. I'm going to have to keep one pokemon out here at all times to make sure something doesn't happen. He continued to stay outside to observe Snowpoint. Though he's the most recent addition to the party, he seems to be getting along well with loyalty to me and to the team.

Tristan walked into the house, though the hallway, and into the place where the pokemon were being kept. His team surrounded the four Kecleon, who seemed extremely intimidated. Hmm... It seems that you've come into my house.... uninvited. The Kecleon seemed a little more scared, as they realized that Tristan wasn't going to go easy on them.

Tristan walked back, and them straight up to them. Alright. This here, Tristan pointed to Prime, is Prime. He's great at detecting emotions, and could probably read minds if he wanted to. So, he's going to be our translator... Tristan looked at Prime. If that's ok by you. Prime repeatedly nodded his head, signaling that he was ready and willing for this.

Alright. Why are you here, and what do you intend to accomplish here? Tristan watched as the Kecleon wouldn't speak, or even made the most simple sound towards Prime. I know Prime can read minds, but at least say something to confirm what you're thinking. The Kecleon looked at him, and laughed. Prime seemed extremely upset. He pointed towards the intruders, then towards Tristan, and made a gesture as if to say that the Kecleon wouldn't talk.

Tristan's expressions didn't change. If you don't talk... it won't be good for you. You'll never see your trainers again. Tristan was bluffing, as he wasn't evil, and his pokemon could see that, but his threats took effect. The Kecleon grew quiet. A minute passed, and Prime made a motion. They'll talk then, eh? That didn't take much.

A series of gestures and motions came about, and Tristan uncovered that these lizards were sent straight from Team Aqua, and some from Team Magma, from Hoenn, and they came to see if there was a set schedule that Tristan would usually come home. I suck at interpreting gestures... at least Prime is patient with me.

There was three from Magma and one from Aqua. The two teams, apparently, just happened to have the same idea. The Kecleon fought, but the strongest one was from Aqua, so they settled on different parts of the house.

Hmm.... Tristan stood with his arms crossed. Great. Now... Take a message back for me. Tristan stopped, and then started again. Tell your teams that, if they keep this up, there'll be consequences. Tristan was a little scared, but he didn't show it. He thought of the army of people that tried to seize him, and shook his head. No more of this.

Tristan cut the rope. The Kecleon seemed to stand still in the middle of the living room, but he opened the door to his house. Leave.

The Kecleon scattered out, leaving Tristan to close the door.

He looked at his team that was inside his house. Let's relax now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TWO YEARS AGO

Agate Town, Orre

Hey bro, were you going to eat that breadstick? It was lunchtime at Agate High School, and Tristan sat at a long table. Situated across from him were his unwavering two friends, Angel F. Ire, and Marcus Fable. Being seniors, these three individuals had been through every single lunch situation, from food fights, to free food.

By their sides also sat their pokemon. Tristan, of course, had young Riolu, Prime, sat next to him. Marcus, who had his Magby, Angel had her Togepi next to her as well. It was a good combination of pokemon that sat at the table, as Tristan had noticed before.

Thus, Tristan wasn't extremely picky with giving away his food at times. He looked at his friend Angel, who'd been the one who had asked for the food. Yeah, go ahead, girly. I got stuffed on those two slices of pizza anyway. The trio's school was lucky; although there had been many schools across the nation that had thrown out unhealthy foods, AHS was run by a strong number of conservative leaders, who retained the privilege of having "tasty" food at the school.

Nonetheless, Angel took the last remaining piece of food off of Tristan's tray. Usually, Tristan would have hopped into another line and gotten chicken tenders; however, today, the hot lunch line was serving pizza. I just couldn't turn that down today, Tristan thought.

The pokemon were well served at the school as well. There was a line for the pokemon to receive food, and seeing that a few of the pokemon were well trained, it wasn't much of a hassle for them to grab their own food.

Babe, you had like four slices of pizza. Do you really need that last breadstick? Angel shot him a little bit of a dirty look. I like my food. You know how important my food is to me. Angel and Marcus had been dating for about a year now, but it didn't bother Tristan to third wheel. He, at times, had felt pangs of loneliness, but he had gotten over it. They were his best friends after all.

However, there'd been other friends as well. There was a friend who liked ducks, whose name Tristan couldn't remember, and then most recently, there was a friend named Reaper. However, in the end, all of these friends had disappeared. Tristan could never understand why, as he thought it was sort of fun to attend school. I guess they just couldn't handle the heat! Tristan chuckled to himself, knowing that probably wasn't the case.

Angel dipped the greasy breadstick into her remaining marinara sauce, and ate the breadstick with a smirk on her face, while her boyfriend rolled her eyes. Angel scooted closer to her boyfriend, and hugged his arm. Oh hun, you know I love you. It took a second for Marcus to look back down to her, but he smiled when she clung on him. I love you too, babe.

Tristan laughed a little bit. Awwwwww, isn't that cute? Tristan smirked as the two blushed, and separated. Tristan thought it was fun to give the couple crap. Hey, where's Arc? Archer U. Silious, or Arc for short, was their fourth friend. Tristan didn't remember how the trio had gotten Arc out of the name Archer, but once people started calling him, it stuck. I think he was doing something in the computer lab. Marcus smirked at Tristan. You know how he is around computers.

Arc was training to go to college to become a computer science major, though he'd never told the group about it at all. Tristan was sure of it, as Arc had tried to teach Tristan how to code before. Tristan shook his head. I'd heard that he was programming some apps for some poke-watch or something. Pretty cool, though. Mabye I could use some with Prime.

Of course, everyone in the group had a pokemon. Though, because they were required to go to school, an individual in school was only allowed to have one pokemon on them at a time. The principle at the school had made it very clear that, if you could conquer your challenges with one pokemon, you could do it even easier with six. It was sort of a trainer school as well.

Seeing that it was lunchtime, students were allowed to have their pokemon out, but were expected to have their pokemon put away when the time to attend classes came.

All of a sudden, Marcus and Angel started to slowly get up. Tristan whipped his head around him, and saw that Arc, who had his prime pokemon, a Magnemite, floating by his side, was surrounded by a group of young men. Though Tristan didn't know their last names, Tristan at least knew that their names were Bob, Dan, Milo, and the leader, Sebastian.

Stupid F***ing nerd. Sebastian's face was red. It looked like he had BBQ sauce on his shirt. He made a fist, balling his fingers into his hand. I'll teach you to spill stuff on my shirt! He started to bring his fist to Arc's face.

Backstory Lineup:

Regular Lineup:

Last edited by Vulpes; 10-25-2017 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TWO YEARS AGO

Agate Town, Orre

As soon as Tristan saw the aggression, he knew that Sebastian wasn't going to stop until someone stepped in. Thus, Tristan leaped through the air, with Prime right behind him, to push Sebastian's fist away from Arc's face before it was able to make contact.

What? Arc thought. Nobody, not even his newly made friends, Tristan, Marcus, or Angel, had ever stopped the first punch from striking his face. From the time he had transferred to this school from Sinnoh, he had always been bullied for being, not only an outsider, but for being the computer nerd that didn't interact with people like everyone else did.

That being said, Tristan glanced back at Arc, who was hanging his mouth agape at the action, and then turned his head back to look at Sebastian. By now, Sebastian's Cranidos was by his side, ready to strike any pokemon that tried to hurt its trainer. Bob, Dan, and Silo all had their Geodude's out, which were levitating by their sides.

The two groups glared at each other for a while. The cafeteria had gone silent, and everyone's eyes were trained on the spectacle that they were hoping would happen. Many students also had their phones out, recording anything that would happen. Dan was the first to speak. His southern dialect rung out within the cold and quiet walls of the cafeteria.

Aw, you f****** messed up to hell now, boy. The big, brawny southern man started to approach Tristan, but in a quick moment, Sebastian flung his arm out, so as to stop his fiendish friend. Don't do it. They both sneered at Tristan. Looking back at Arc, Sebastian simply said, Get in my way again, and it'll be the last thing you do. The group of four turned their backs to the two, and walked off.

Tristan immediately, physically turned Arc around toward the table they were going to be sitting at. What just happened? Why didn't he try to hit me? Tristan felt the entire cafeteria on himself, Arc, and their respective pokemon as they sat down. However, as soon as Tristan's rump touched the cold, hardened seat, the people of the cafeteria slowly resumed conversation.

The four friends stayed silent for a solid minute, not moving in even the slightest. Then, Marcus piped up first. That was fricken awesome, Tristan. What did you do to get him to leave you guys alone? Tristan shrugged. I dunno. I guess that he was just... I dunno.

Why did I feel so much tension? So much stress? I don't even interact with the guy on a daily basis; I was just protecting my friend. The four continued talking about the event, with his friends congratulating him. Thank you, Tristan. I don't know why he bullies me. Tristan could see the fear and sadness within Arc's eyes.

Tristan felt an overwhelming sense of sadness within his eyes as well. It's fine, Arc. Tristan turned his head back, and looked down. I know what it's like to have something like that happen to you. This solicited shocked faces from all three of them. What do you mean, Tristan? Angel was the first to question him on the revelation.

I don't wanna talk about it. I just don't like seeing other people get bullied. Tristan took all of his friends' trays, including his, and brought them up to the dishwashing station, where he deposited them for the worker to clean. Beyond that, the day was practically joyless. All of the classes seemed to mesh together as Tristan continued to think about the encounter at lunch. Even with as boring as class was, school policy was that the pokemon couldn't be out during class time, so that people could focus on school.

When he was released from school, Tristan walked home again, with his three friends. When the three walked home, they always had their pokemon out. They frolicked with each other, while the four friends talked. They talked about a variety of topics, but eventually parted. They lived fairly close to each other. Arc was a block from everyone, and Tristan was a block from everyone, with Angel and Marcus on opposite sides of them.

Tristan approached his doorstep, stopped, and sighed. I think that it's chore day, but I'm not sure. He opened the door, and walked in, with Prime trailing behind.

Backstory Lineup:

Regular Lineup:

Last edited by Vulpes; 11-06-2017 at 08:23 PM.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Backstory!

Village of protecting time, Region unknown

Orena was around 7 or 8 years old and she was tired of studying. She knew she had to study and learn stuff to become a burst warrior. Which of course she did want to become a burst warrior, it meant she could be strong and protect everyone! However, it feels like it was all she ever did. Especially since the other kids wouldn't let her in on their games. They weren't mean, but she wasn't as strong or fast as any of the other kids. So whenever she tried to join in, she'd always be the worst or making them wait for here.

Which of course wasn't fun for anyone.

So today, when she finally snuck away from studying. She decided to try and explore instead, they did live in a mountain surrounded by a massive forest after all. What harm could come from looking around just a little?

She crawled over a crate and snuck off when no one was looking. She may be small, but she certainly wasn't afraid. After all, the forest was part of her home too right? What was there to be scared of? Orena knew that she was going to have plenty of fun in the forest.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Default Mission co-post

Castelia, Unova -> Frost Cavern, Kalos
    After the festival, everyone seemed to disappear. Which was fine, least she got to spend some time with her partners. She still wasn't sure how she felt about pokemon in pokeballs and has sent most of her team to go play with her village. So now, all she has with her was Chimmy, Chara, Pastel, Diva, and Courage. She recently found a little vest for the Aron, it seemed happy enough, so she was. Pastel still hasn't let her take a good look at that strange stone, so she has no clue what it was. Chimmy and Chara have come up with a dance routine and preform a couple times a week.

Everyone seems to enjoy watching them having fun, Orena knows she loves it. Courage is still his normal scared stuff, but the little fairy type seemed to like sitting on her shoulder as she read about the different regions and new discoveries and everything.

That was how she spent most of her time since the festival has ended, sitting in one place or another reading and learning. She didn't have much money, but she knew enough about taking care of herself. That she was able to keep everyone well fed.

Then she got an alert on her watch about trouble in a forest, figuring she had taken a long enough break. She put everyone in their pokeballs and clicked the button. Curious where they would go this time.

Snowpoint City, Sinnoh-> Frost Cavern, Kalos

Tristan had been sitting on his bed for a while, thinking about his past. However, looking at his ringwatch, he saw that there were mission available. Huh. I haven't taken on a mission in a while. I don't think that Team Magma or anyone will be able to find me in whatever place this mission takes place.

He clicked the button to teleport. When the rings cleared, he looked in a daze around him. Where am I? Then, a familiar face rose up to greet him. Hey, Orena! It's been quite a while since we've seen each other. I have sooo much to tell you, girly. Tristan went in to hug Orena, though he seemed a little awkward about it. I'm terrible at approaching someone with a hug, but she's a good friend of mine, so I'm going to try!

Orena smiled and didn't seem to notice the awkwardness and hugged Tristan back. "Its' good to see you too! I can't wait to hear ab-" Chimmy interuptted, by jumping up and joining the hug. "Monferno! Mon!" Pastel was trying to climb up Tristans' leg already Chacha was dancing, everyone else was just standingback watching the craziness.

Orena chuckled, "guys, I don't think you are supposed to just pop out of your pokeballs like that." She kept laughing a little though and didn't really seem all that upset. Before looking back to tristan, "It is good to see you again. Least we get to work another mission together right?" She said with a smile glad to see a friend.

This is gonna be fun. Tristan nodded in agreement, and smiled back. Can't wait. Tristan took some glances around him. Well... let's get going to where we're supposed to go, yeah? Tristan looked down, and saw a pink Piplup trying to climb up his leg. Tristan gave it a smile, a pat on the head, and then picked up the little pokemon.

I've never seen anything like you! Tristan said while walking towards what seemed to be an exit of the forest. Here, Orena. This little guy's all yours. He handed the piplup back to Orena, watching as the cute little thing made a few bubbles towards him.

By this time, Tristan was almost outside of the forest. Oh, Orena... I've got a lot to tell you. I was attacked, but I escaped in time. Tristan shook his head. Also! All of the criminal organizations seem to be after us now. Tristan looked right at Orena. They're especially after me for some reason.

Tristan walked out of the cave, finally out of the long exit. Also, what're we doing here anyway? I forgot what pokemon that we're even supposed to find here.

Orena took Pastel back, "ya, isn't he precious." The water-type let out a happy "pip!" Making her chuckle, "and he knows it. He hatched with me a while back and been a bit spoiled since," She tickled the piplup. Before looking up to Tristen and blink, "Wow! Sounds like you do have a bunch to tell me. I've actually not encountered alot of organizations lately, been pretty peiceful on my end." Before shifting and checked her watch again, "It says Frosslass... That will probably make things interesting." She asked, trying to remember what the books had said. Wondering if she should put one of her burst hearts in, Tristan had already seen her change once.

Tristan nodded. He realized what they were supposed to be doing. Froslass. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Tristan had never been here, and started to shiver a little bit before braving the cold. These are definitely some frosty caverns....

But yeah... Tristan continued. Pretty much, I was almost captured and or killed by a criminal organization a little bit ago. Pretty scary. Tristan waltzed forward. I can explain more later, but we've gotta find these troubling pokemon.

Seeing that Tristan was cold too, she called most of her pokemon back, though Chimmy and Diva refused to go in. So she sighed and let them stay out, before putting in her heatmor burst. Turning the heat up to warm both of them up. Nodding she followed Tristan, "ya, don't want these guys causing any more trouble at all. Wonder where they will be hiding," She ended curiously.

Tristan watched as Orena heated the both of them up. That's a fair question. Tristan looked around the bend ahead to see a cave opening. Pointing at the entrance, Tristan could see the faceted icicles that placated the opening lair of the cave.

From where they were walking, Tristan could see that multiple ice pokemon were littering the mouth of the cave. Tristan turned his head towards Orena. I think we're in for an icy fight, girly.

Orena couldn't help but chuckle, before rolling her eyes. "please don't call me girly," She said then Chimmy jumped over their heads. As she nodded, does look like it'll be an interesting fight. Good thing we're ready for it, right?" Offering Tristan a smile, as Chimmy got worked up and rearing to go.

Tristan chuckled with Orena. Yeah, my bad. That's usually what I call many people. It's just a general term. Straying away from the topic, Tristan pulled his hand out of his pockets to throw out Reedah. Alrighty, Reedah, Tristan said as she popped out of the little red and white ball, Let's finish off those pokemon littering the cave entrance.

Tristan whipped out his pokedex. It seemed that, covering a small portion of the entrance, there were some vanilite. Reedah immediately pounded forward with a flamethrower, which took care of the bulk of them. However, a few of them moved from the bunch and went directly after Orena.

Without hesitation Chimmy jumped up and started dancing, knocking out the vanilites with mach punches. None getting to close, when he was done. He jumped back and gave Orena a big hug. Which she returned and looked to Tristan, "sorry, I know my battling is unconventional. Chimmy just knows what he is doing." She blushed a little and stepped foreward, using Heatmors' natural heat to melt some of the ice by the entrance, watching to try and see if there were any other poemon waiting for them. Her monferno getting wound up, his flames flaring as he waited for the coming battle.

Tristan chuckled. Unconventional? Neither of us call out what move we want our pokemon to use. Tristan continued walking, and investigated into the cave a little. Besides, he continued, It's been cliché for like 20 years anyway. I only do it every now and then... our pokemon are smart, and they know what to do.

While Tristan was talking, he could see clearly within the cave. Whether that was from the far illumination of a handful of fire-type pokemon near the entrance, or whether it was that the cave was slightly illuminated, Tristan couldn't tell. However, he could tell that the cave was generally hollow, with Tristan clearly being able to see to the end of the cave.

Though the cave rose up to about 60 feet at its apex, the duo could see that the cave was extremely icy. In fact, when Tristan took his first step into the cave, beneath the snow on the ground, there was a spread of ice. Luckily, Reedah was right behind him as he nearly slipped. However, what he saw next horrified him.

Beneath the ice, Tristan could clearly see that people were frozen solid, as if trying to be preserved by some wicked force of nature.

while Orena didn't have to worry about slipping on ice. Since any ice or snow she stepped on, instantly melted, thanks to the heat from her current form. She didn't say anything about it being cliche or not, she honestly didn't know. When her friend slipped she looked to him and gasped at the person under there. Suddenly feeling cold despite her fiery form."T-tell me, t-that isn't what I th-think it is." She said with a gulp.

An alarm set off within Tristan as he saw Orena slowly melting in the ice within her form. Slowly, he started to speak towards Orena, but with a sort of scared tone. Orena... he started, the faster the ice melts, the faster we start touching dead bodies.

Tristan was nearly shaking when he saw the sight. However, he continued to scatter the snow from the floor to each side of the cave, with the help of Reedah. The ninetales was extremely useful in making sure that there was no ice. However, despite this effort, it was just as Tristan expected. There was not just one body, or two, but Tristan, horrified, counted 15 bodies lying underneath of the floor.

Orena... There's like 15 dead people here. Tristan shook his head, thinking of how the village could have lost so many people. I wonder if this is just happening here, or around the globe. Whatever the case, whatever did this must be extremely powerful.

As Tristan finished his thought, a black shadow descended from the apex of the cave ceiling. Noticing this, Reedah nudged up by Tristan's side, trying to get him to notice what was happening. What is it, girl? Is it- Tristan whipped around, and pulled out his pokedex.

Frosslass... The Pokedex stated emotionlessly. When it finds humans or Pokémon it likes, it freezes them and takes them to its chilly den, where they become decorations.

Orena eeped and quickly pulled out her heart burst, her form disappearing. While she gulped at the number of people her friend and his pokemon were uncovering. "S-so many..." She trailed off, trying to wrap her head around it. When she heard the pokedex going off and spun around. Chimmys' flames flaring up in warning, before another frosslass appeared. "Oh... this just keeps getting worse," she mummbled under her breathe. Backing into the wall, where she tripped and saw a pokemons' frozen foot. A chill went up her spine, but she wasn't about to give up. Chimmy, pounded on his chest, before sending out a massive storm of embers.

Well, at least she's out of her.... pokemon form? I think she called it... Tristan couldn't place what it was called. However, he put that to the back of his mind as the Frosslass didn't attempt to attack his pokemon or even Orena's pokemon, but instead sent what Tristan could only describe as a blast of frost straight for him.

However, with Reedah being so close, she let her maw gape open with a highly charged flamethrower, as she could visibly see Tristan in distress. The flamethrower took care of the blast, but regardless, Tristan barreled out of the way. However, this Frosslass seemed that Reedah and Chimmy were the problems were.

Unfortunately for the two of them, Frosslass seemed quite strong. In fact, it was strong enough to attack both of them at the same time. Two balls of shadow, which seemed to emanate from the move shadow ball, assaulted both Reedah and Chimmy. The ball of shadow hit Reedah, and though damaged, she looked like she was up for fighting even more.

Go, Reedah. You know what to do. What came from Reedah was a Confusion Ray that struck the Froslass with a high intensity. It seemed to work well, and the only reason Tristan knew was because the Froslass then proceeded to hit itself with a Blizzard attack, hurting itself extremely in the process. Tristan looked to Orena, hoping that the Froslass hadn't taken her down.

Chimmy backflipped and tried to dodge the shadowball, it still hit. Causing the monkey to cry out and fall to the ground, before glaring at Froslass. Taunting, the confused pokemon ready for what will come net. Orena saw that they weren't going to line-up nicely with the other pokemon, she wasn't about to be frozen though. She hadn't gone through her life training for nothing, she dodged a blizzard. Sliding across the floor and hit a wall. As she pulled out another burst heart, in a heartbeat she was dodging another blizzard. She never would have guess, dodging boulders would actually have had a use!

When she came to a stop this time, it was because one of her twin sabers dug into the wall helping her come to a stop. "Scy," she said almost as a joke. Before taking at a Speed that would rival a scythers, large carved claws on the end of her boots and the twin blades helping her to manuever in this small place. She wouldn't dream of engaging a pokemon directly in any of her forms, but she did still have the land around her. So as she backflipped over the Frosslass. The blades dug deep into the top of the cave, cutting out big chunks of the ice and rocks. She was more than a little thankful that she didn't see any bodies falling from the roof, as she made distance between her and this frosslass.

Tristan glanced over, and saw that Orena was managing her own. Fricken awesome. I'm glad she's doing well. Tristan grew a more competitive stature, and though of something to speed this up. The Froslass is confused, and it's mainly hurting itself.... what if....

Tristan had never done this before, and he didn't think that there was a precedent for it. Tristan looked down, and saw horrified faces greeting him. People were dying from this strong creature. It had to be taken down.

He threw out Shadow and Prime. Tristan nodded to his pokemon, as always. Shadow, try to put the Froslass to sleep! Prime, see if you can bring its health down even more! He looked to Reedah, who was worn and tired, but visibly was still able to fight. Reedah, my friend, you've done well. Would you like to continue, or come back?

By Reedah's reaction and burst of energy after Tristan asked that, he could see that, though his team member did appreciate the gesture, she wouldn't back down until this was all said and done.

However, the Froslass wouldn't go out without a fight. With a quick noise, the strong pokemon turned its attention to the three versus one matchup that stood before it, and threw a blizzard at the four teammates that started to quickly approach it, ready for the end of the fight.

Chimmy stood next to the ninetails, the blizzard hit the monferno. So was somehow still standing and his flame burst bigger, determined to stay until the end. Letting out an ember, strengthed by his blaze ability.

Orenas' back hit the end of the small cave, watching as all the rocks and ice came crashing down onto the weaker frosslass. She doubted it was over yet, so she gripped her blades tighter and got ready for the next bit. Her legs were starting to shake, but thankfully it wasn't noticible yet. When the Froslass came out, the first thing it did was use double team, Orena Grit her teeth and started running again. Stumbling, as the one right behind her used Icy wind. She felt ice start to form around her joints, "like it wasn't already cold enough in here." She said, pulling one of her sabers out of the wall. She started running again, she couldn't afford to stop. Every chance she got, she would have more rocks, ice, or something fall on the Frosslass. While dodging as many of the ice-types' attacks as she could, much to its' frustration.

She gave the fight in front of her, her full attention. Since the one behind her, sounded like they would be ok.

Tristan watched as everyone continued to wear down at the Double Team move that the Froslass had used. It was definitely close to death, and the only reason that Tristan noticed was because when the Froslass used Icy Wind, it seemed a little less invigorious than it did at the beginning of the fight.

Tristan watched as everyone eliminated the Double Team figments of the Froslass, and then couldn't make up his mind. Should I get it, or kill it? It's done a lot of damage, but... Tristan looked around. Everyone was tiring, and even Orena within her pokemon form was tired.

Ahh, screw it! Shadow had put the Froslass to sleep, and everyone continued to hit at it from afar. Tristan took out an ultra ball, primed it, and threw it.

As the ball hit the Froslass, it absorbed it into the small capsule. After moving for a solid, suspenseful minute, the ball stopped moving.

Orena was panting, glad one of the frosslass was captured. Thinking it would probably be a good way to deal with the one she was facing, least it couldn't kill anyone else. So she backflipped over the other one and dropped one of her only remaining bursts on it, instantly it went into the gem and the gemstone clattered to the ground. As her legs gave out, but she didn't take out her burst heart, because then she'd be in really bad shape.

Chimmy grabbed the burst heart and went over to his trainer, putting down in front of her. She hugged the warm monkey.

Tristan slowed his breathing, and paced his stride as he walked over to Orena. As he walked, he watched as Orena put his own capture into a burst heart. Well, I guess that's that. We both have Froslasses. Plus, they were super powerful- something that I'm sure we'll need.

When he made his way to Orena, he put his head down, shook it, and chuckled all at the same time. Well, I knew that you weren't an ordinary trainer, but this is pretty nuts. Tristan pointed to the crystal heart that laid at Orena's feet. I can't believe that we captured both Froslasses. I only saw one, but we must have been hitting two. He displayed his hands towards Orena.

Yeah.... Tristan sputtered off. Glad that we're both on the same side. Tristan looked around the cave. Well, I guess it's best we get going. I can explain the rest of how we're being watched when we go... well, wherever we end up going.

Tristan reiterated. So, where to?

Orena looked up at Tristan, "sure. I can explain my villages' tradition as well.. you said people are after us right?... Then would you mind coming home with me? I want to make sure everyone is ok," she tried to stand up, only to fall again.

Tristan helped Orena up. Well, let's go! You'll have to teleport first, because... Tristan stopped. Yeah. You know how the ringwatch works. He sheathed all three of his pokemon, and got ready to teleport.

Orena called of her pokemon back too, before taking her burst heart out. When she was back to normal, she was quite pale looking and her eyes looked almost glazed over, but she wasted no time. Clicking the button to send her home

Frost Cavern, Kalos -->Village of protecting time

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TWO YEARS AGO

Agate Town, Orre

Immediately, when Tristan walked in, the smell of fresh chili blasted his nostrils with a pleasurable sniff. He felt a rumbling starting in his stomach, and then looked back as Prime had the same reaction. I know, Prime. I can't wait for Mom's chili, either. Prime made a joyful face, looking forward to the fresh grub, and made a leap off of the wall nearest to them to jump onto Tristan's shoulder.

Tristan took off his shoes and sweatshirt, as the house was quite warm because of the fresh-stewed chili. To his left was the open spaced living room that his father was watching TV in. Behind that was the kitchen. Hey, Dad. How was work? Tristan's Dad looked at him, and then back at the TV. It was hell, like always. Tristan sighed. Well, that sucks. I'm sorry, Dad. He was slow to respond.

It's fine. How was work, son? Tristan brightened a little bit. It was ok. Someone almost tried to punch my friend, and I stopped it. Tristan's Dad looked at him, and simply stated, You better not be getting into any fights. I don't wanna hear that you got kicked out of school for some stupid S***. Tristan chuckled. Don't worry, Dad. I think Prime and I could hold my own if something happened.

With that, Tristan went to his room. It was a cluttered mess, with clothes strewn in three different places, some in baskets, some not. It almost looked like his closet was an organized mess, with clothes also residing in there as well.

Prime jumped off of Tristan's shoulders and laid down on Tristan's bed. It was the only thing that was clean and organized within his room. Tristan threw off his backpack into an uncluttered corner, and laid next to Prime. He sighed again. Fun day today, huh? Prime made an affirmative sound.

Over the next two hours, Tristan juggled a majority of playing video games and reading portions of books that were assigned to him as homework. About twenty minutes after darkness fell and the cold started to seep into Tristan's room again, Tristan's father knocked on his door and said, Dinner.

Tristan and Prime immediately perked up at the mention of food. Looking at each other, they both ran to their door, briskly opened it, and ran into the kitchen. Even though the kitchen was a mere fifty feet away, the tempting smell of freshly made chili stewed through the air with the intensity of smoke, coercing Tristan's sense of smell into a joyful overdrive.

Spread upon the countertop was the pot of chili, three blend cheese on the side, and a blend of crackers. Tristan always ate his chili with a mix of cheese and crackers, and today was no exception. Crowded around him making similar meals were Tristan's two brothers, Jake and Tanner, and his father and mother as well.

As the five of them sat down at the table to eat, Tristan's mom asked everyone how their day at school was, to which Tristan talked about his encounter with Sebastian and his three goons. After a similar reaction to what Tristan's father had earlier in the evening, Tristan sighed. I know, Mom. I'm being as safe as I can, don't worry. With that, the topic was dropped.

The dinner was fantastic. Prime was able to eat his food alongside Tristan. Tanner's cyndaquil and Jake's Tortwig were also present at the table. Tristan's mother and father didn't really have pokemon, which always made Tristan wonder why they had put them in an all trainer school. He looked up from his bowl of chili, which has been thoroughly ravaged, as Tristan hadn't eaten much at lunch.

Tristan's Dad was the one to start talking again. I think that there's some sort of gang going on around here. Everyone looked from their dishes to his dad. Why would you think that, honey? Tristan's Mom looked a little concerned, as if he'd had a personal encounter.

Well, when I was walking to my car, my boss was outside with a group of like 5 guys. Tristan's Dad held up his hand, signifiying the number 5. He continued to use his hands to portray the story. Heh. That's funny. I do the same thing. Apparently, they were trying to coerce him into something, and as I was driving away, I saw the group enter the factory again, almost... I donno, forcing him to go back in.

That's weird. Tanner smirked. Mabye there's some sort of gang taking over the town. That'd be hilarious. Tanner was always the one of crude humor. Tristan chuckled. That'll never happen, I don't think. It wouldn't be good if it did.

Backstory Lineup:

Regular Lineup:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

TWO YEARS AGO

Agate Town, Orre

With that, dinner came to a close, as Tristan and his family washed out their dishes. It was Jake's turn to load their dishwasher, so Tristan washed his hands of the crumbling crackers he'd used to top his chili with. Prime also washed his palms in an imitation of his trainer.

The rest of the night was generally uneventful. Tristan procrastinated on the rest of his homework, and continued to play Halo 5 while Prime watched. I wonder how Arc's doing. Hmm... I wonder what's going to happen tomorrow. After this, Tristan went and showered, brushed his teeth, and then went to bed.

Tristan slept comfortably through the night, but still woke up with his eyes on fire, and his body still tired. He looked up at Prime, who always slept on the edge of the bed that Tristan's legs didn't touch. Tristan carefully and slowly got out of bed, trying to make sure as to not wake the peaceful aura pokemon.

Getting up, Tristan walked to the kitchen, and looked through the cabinets for a kettle. Filling the kettle with hot tap water, Tristan put it on the stove, letting it come to a boil. While this happened, Tristan looked around. The house was empty, as usual. Mom and Dad must have gone to work. Tristan always got up earlier than Jake and Tanner, so as to be able to meet his friends on their walk to school.

Suddenly, Tristan was alerted to the kettle almost boiling over. Gosh dangit, stupid water. Tristan quickly grabbed a ceramic bowl, two packets of strawberry-banana oatmeal, and combined the water and the oatmeal in the bowl.

Tristan let his oatmeal sit on the counter while he went to wake Prime. His friend was quickly able to awake from slumber, and followed him into the kitchen, where the two consumed the oatmeal in silence.

After that, the rest of the preparation was uneventful. Tristan got dressed, grabbed his school supplies, gave Prime a scarf, and walked out the front door, making sure to lock it. Arc, Marcus, and Angel always met at a specific time, and Tristan was never late. He walked to the street corner where their four paths crossed, and waited in patience for his friends.

The first people to meet Tristan were Marcus and Angel. They walked up together, holding hands, flirting with each other until they grew closer to Tristan. Whaddup, brah? Marcus greeted one of his best friends with a smirk. Nothing much, man. Just waiting for you! Tristan chuckled. They were right on time, but he liked giving them crap.

Marcus shook his head, and Angel smiled, realizing that he was joking with them. While this was happening, Arc walked up to the group, greeting everyone with a wave. Hey, guys. Tristan nodded at Arc. How's it going, man? Good, Arc responded in kind. Arc, Angel, and Marcus all greeted each other, furthering the positive sentiment of the group, and started to walk with Tristan towards the direction of school.

Tristan was the first to talk again. What do you guys think of the math test that we're going to have today? He looked at Marcus again, ready to give him crap. How much did you actually prepare for this, eh? Marcus gave Tristan a mighty grin, signaling that he hadn't done anything. Oh, you know. This and that.

The two of them went back and forth, while Angel said that she hadn't done anything either, in support of Marcus. Tristan shook his head. You guys are crazy. Marcus wouldn't let it go, however. Oh yeah? I betcha Arc hasn't done anything. Tristan gave an exasperated face towards Marcus. You know he doesn't need it! He's a fricken genius. Arc gave a smile towards the group. Yeah, he said, I haven't studied. I don't think that polynomials are that hard to work with.

Marcus rolled his eyes. Pshhh. I wish I knew whatever those whatever-nomials are about. He gave another grin. Oh! But I bet that neither of you knew about this one. He lifted up his sweatshirt, which had been hiding his undershirt. What Tristan saw was a dark red shirt, which a sort of volcano on it, but it looked different than that.

Marcus turned around, and on the back were two works on the top of the shirt, near the neck. Team Magma? What is that, Marcus? Arc was the most skeptical of the three, asking questions first. Heh, he began, my father got it for me. I guess our entire family is part of a group that wants to further the land!

What does that even mean? Tristan was skeptical, too, but he was glad that Marcus was finally getting involved in other things outside of school. I guess they just like keeping the environment safe, and making sure that it... I dunno, expands? Marcus was a little unsure, but still presented confidence nonetheless, as if wearing the shirt was a hypocrisy.

All I know is that my family is going to be doing this thing now, so I have to stay with it. Plus, I guess they're wanting to help the community, and make sure that everyone is well taken care of. He suddenly made a face, as if he suddenly remembered something. Oh yeah, babe! He said, walking, talking, and opening his backpack. I got you one, too. I guess, if you want to join, your family is welcome to be in it as well.

Angel stopped him there. Actually, my family already joined. My parents brought some shirts as well, and.... She lifted up her sweatshirt. Beneath it was the exact same shirt that Marcus had on. Wow! Both of my friends are in this thing, and it helps the community.... maybe I should join? Arc, however, was still skeptical.

That's cool, guys. Good for you. Just, please, don't ask me to join. Arc held his head away. My parents don't have the money to support something like that, even if it's free to join. Marcus shook his head. That sucks, man. Angel offered him a sympathetic pat on the back.

Tristan frowned. He didn't want his friend to be left out. I donno if I wanna join, either.... maybe in the future. He offered a half smile to Arc, whose attitude turned a bit happier after that. With that, the group walked towards the doors of the school. When did we get this close? Was I really distracted that much?

Backstory Lineup:

Regular Lineup:

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Default Backstory

After the simple houses and huts that made up the majority of her village disappeared from few. Did she start hearing something. She followed the sound and peaked through a bush, where she saw a small Swaddle being chased by an Tranquil. Orena felt bad for the small bug, she wasn't sure what to do, until the bird nearly took the swaddle down.

Orena reacted without thinking, she darted out from the bush. Jumping over the bug just as the Tranquil dove again. Getting back full of claws, when the bird came back up. Orena grabbed the Swaddle and ran, diving for the small, tight cave to hide in. The Swaddles' clothes was ruined and Orena was terrified, but at least the Tranquil couldn't reach them in there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Frost Cavern, Kalos -->Village of Protecting Time

After the rings closed and dissipated around the duo, Tristan looked around. From the looks of it, the entire village seemed to have a primitive view of architecture. There were plenty of houses made purely out of "Lincoln logs," as Tristan liked to describe them as. However, there were only a few brick and mortar houses within the village.

That fricken house over there has a thatched roof of... wheat? Tall Grass? For peat sakes. This place is crazy... but I think I sorta like it. Tristan mustered a small grin. The house in question seemed to have stone walls that protruded from a dirt floor.

The archetype around the village seemed to be one of a more primeval type, one Tristan had not been accustomed to. It didn't smell bad, like the medieval stories of old portrayed villages like this. Orena, this place is... crazy. It looks kinda cool, to be honest. He was amazed that Orena had been raised in such an environment.

This must have been... really humbling. Tristan looked at her for a second. In fact, I feel humbled just by being here. But, why hasn't this establishment connected with the rest of the civil society out there?

Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast