Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Pokemon: Rings of Destiny (IC)

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Village of protecting time

A younger couple looked to Tristan. A baby in the woman's hand. They offered him a smile, as Marie giggled. The man who had thick sideburns spoke in a gruff but welcoming voice. "Nice to meet you lad." His wife spoke up, "we kind of figured you were Orenas' friend. She wouldn't let just anyone into town with her." Behind her a middle aged man in the crowd called out. "And it's not like we've seen Tauren since they passed the trials." This got a laugh from the crowd.

The woman kept smiling at Tristan, "I'm glad you're her friend though. Orena is a good kid with an even better heart, but she hasn't always been the most social girl around. It's nice to see she has a friend she trusts enough to bring home." A couple of the people around the woman nodded.

While Marie just hugged Tristan and giggled happily again.

A couple of younger kids with the wide bright eyes. Started to circle Tristan and ask him a million questions. Like "where are you from?" "Are you strong?" "Did you have to pass the trials?" "Do you like playing games?" "What's your favorite food?" And much much more random questions the kids just wanted to know.

Until a thud happened from the direction of the strength trial and everyone's attention withdrawn back to that.

There was a small pile of large stones, looking kind of a version of rock tomb move had been used. Which Sherry used to launch herself off of. Orena stood her ground and used the arm guards to block the kick easily. Before whirling around with great speed and sent Sherry flying into the crowd.

The girl wasn't down though, she hit th ground rolling and launched herself at Orena again. There was a lot of back and forth, with almost none of the girls' attacks being useful or affective against the burst warrior.

Though the girl was moving fast and managing to dodge some of Orenas' attacks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Village of Protecting Time

Tristan smiled. Of course. This village seems... ancient. Tristan looked around the village, and the surrounding landscape, which had an extremely natural touch to it. I have so many questions, and yet, I feel at peace... sort of. Heh.

When the crowd laughed, Tristan smirked a little bit. He didn't understand the joke, but at least he was able to keep his humor in line with the rest of the village. The woman then spoke up to Tristan, and he blushed. I'm honored to be her friend, and I am also honored to be here as well. Thank you for your acceptance. Tristan nodded his head towards the woman, and the rest of the crowd near him.

Marie hugged Tristan, and he couldn't help but laugh a little to himself. He didn't really have too much experience in holding children, but his arms were getting quite tired. He readjusted his arms, which were nearly on fire. He smiled at the little girl. You're a cutey, aren'tcha? Tristan spoke in a voice a half-octave higher, as he didn't know how old the girl was, nor how she'd react to it.

After he readjusted himself, he looked down to see a group of wide-eyed kids, seemingly awe-ing at Tristan. They started to barrage Tristan with a multitude of questions, to which Tristan answered them to the best of his abilities. Where do I come from? For peat sakes. I don't even know how to answer that. Uhhh... Tristan paused, struggling to find an answer.

I live in a snowy city in Sinnoh! Tristan visibly relaxed. Fricken hard questions. Heh. I guess I'm strong enough to hold Marie! Tristan's head cocked towards the next child. I'm not a Burst Warrior, actually. His head moved towards the next. I love playing games! My favorite food is Pizza, but I eat a lot of oatmeal!

Tristan continued to answer questions like those until the children's attention was drawn back to the trial at hand. This stuff is pretty interesting. There's a lot of culture here, and I can feel it. Though I'm an outsider, I don't really feel too... what's the word I'm looking for? Left out? Distracted by his thoughts, as well as the fight in front of him, Tristan trained his eyes on Orena, who was in pokemon form.

Orena's pretty fricken strong. Tristan kept watching as the other Burst Warrior's attacks kept landing, but weren't nearly as effective as Orena's hits. This is quite entertaining. I wonder if their Pokémon bodies are as strong as my team?

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

The battle felt like it was a lot longer than it actually was. Ending with Sherry, falling to her knees pouring out sweat. Both of them was panting hard, though Sherry was panting alot harder than Orena.

The man doing the judging wrote on his board for a moment or two. Before adding to the red line on a nearby wall. There was a line, less than an inch from the top of the red line.

Sherry got up on wobbly legs. "What?!" She said clearly unhappy, "why didn't I pass?! I held my own against a warrior in a burst form without even having a burst!" She tried to take a step foreward, but fell to her knees again.

While Orena wasn't moving from her spot, her legs shaking despite her trying to make them not shake.

The man sighed, "which would be an impressive factor. However, Orena was clearly exhausted before even starting. I thought she would turn you down because of it. Instead, she used a defensive form and fought you that way. If you had managed to break through her defenses or managed to actually knocked her back. Then you would have passed, however. As tense as the fight was, it was also fairly one-sided since Orena was tired and trying to not kill you." He said in a flat tone, almost lecturing tone.

The guy with the mustache sighed, "poor Sherry. She was so looking foreward to being a burst warrior too." Taking his baby from his wife as the baby started crying and made his way to one of the houses.

Marie wasn't paying alot of attention to trials anymore and is instead trying to climb onto Tristans shoulders.

The kids all seemed to like Tristan.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

After a little while, Tristan strained his eyes to get a closer look at the contestant, who had been valiantly pitting herself against Orena. She isn't in her pokemon form... She's just a regular human fighting a fricken pokemon-human? For peat sakes.

Tristan watched the results and everything go down all at once. Orena was tired? Dang... she hid it well. He even said it, softly, to himself. Oops.... I guess I should have suggested to rest a little bit before we came here. He watched as the younger girl that had been fighting Orena continued to lay on the ground, defeated.

Tristan, with Marie on his shoulders, walked ever so slightly towards the two girls. Once in front of Orena, he gently placed Marie down on the ground. He looked from the younger girl, to Orena. This girl... he started off. You should have told me you were tired. We could have spent the night at my house before we came here. I was there right before we started the Froslass mission.

He continued to watch as Orena continued to pant, as she seemed to grow even more tired simply by standing. Tristan extended his hand to the younger girl she'd been fighting. Heya... My name's Tristan. I'm one of Orena's friends. He looked the girl up and down, not to look at her body, but to assess her fatigue. You seem pretty worn out. Need some help up?

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

The Village of protecting time

Orena blushed, "ya, I guess, but wanted to see the village." She admitted, hugging her sister. Before shakely sitting down, still in her pokemon form. Getting another hug from her sister.

Sherry glared up at Tristan for a moment. Before repenting and took his hand and got up. Grumbling, "I should have passed." Clearly still upset about not passing.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tristan thought about it for a second. Yeah, I guess I understand that. Well, maybe we can all go to relax somewhere. He looked around for a minute, as if trying to burn time. Where is this place, anyway? Are any criminal organizations going to be able to find us here? He figured that it would have to be a question for Orena later.

He casually looked down at his ringwatch while Orena and the girl engaged in a hug fest, as he withdrew his arm for a slight moment to have the use of his other hand. The watch registered the location as, The Village of Protecting Time, but offered no more description than that. Hmm.... for any other location, it would have proliferated the population and such... wonder why it isn't doing it now.

Tristan noticed the girl's eyes light up like swords that attempted to pierce at Tristan's body upon the mention of helping her off the ground. For peat sakes. Hope this girl isn't a feminist that took my offer of aid in the wrong way. Nonetheless, when the girl offered her hand for aid, Tristan took it, hoising her up with a decent portion of his own strength.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

"Thanks," she grumbled, before walking away.

After a minute, Orena managed to stand up, still in her Anorith form. Though, even standing up seemed to take alot out of her. Marie was clinging to Orenas leg. "Ya, let's head to my house." She said and slowly made her way through the town. Until, they came to one, where a could of pidove made a nest on one corner of the roof. There was a faded curtain acted as a doorway.

Inside it was a small and cozy place. The kitchen was small, but full of treats, from bread with jars of jam next to it, to cookies and pies that were still cooling off.

"Marie, would you mind showing Tristan to the couch? I'm going to go lay down, before I collapse." She said panting and disappeared down the hall.

Marie grabbed Tristans hand and tugged on it. "Come on come on!" She said with a bright smile, "the couch is over here! I'm sure momma will be back soon!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Tristan watched as the girl walked away, even though Tristan had attempted at encouraging her. He shrugged. Oh well. That sucks, I guess. I hope everyone else likes me.

Tristan nodded at Orena when she mentioned going to her house. Yeah? That sounds pretty cool. She seemed so tired that she wasn't really recognizing Tristan as much. However, through the long walk that eventually took the duo to Orena's house was worth it. Finally, somewhere to crash. Tristan had only begun to realize it, but his feet were hurting so much that Tristan thought he could feel them begin to swell. I'm more fricken tired than I realized.

Orena was the first to pull the curtain to the side and walk in. Tristan and Marie followed her footsteps, while Tristan analyzed and surveyed his surroundings.

Orena swiftly asked Marie to show Tristan to the couch, at which point she started to walk away. At this point, Tristan started to become, for a split second, slightly uncomfortable. Ok, girly. See you soon, I hope. He thought to himself, I get she's tired and all, but, I mean... I'm new to this village, barely know anyone outside of herself.... Tristan took a deep breath as Orena meandered off to her room, and Tristan looked at Marie, who was joyfully pouncing on Tristan's hand.

I can handle this. Orena probably thinks that I can, too. I need to stop worrying so much. Tristan followed Marie to the couch, and they both sat down. Tristan took off his backpack, which had seemed to have worn into his shoulders and armpits. He also took off his dark blue sweatshirt, which was dabbed with small pockets of sweat, both from the Froslass encounter and from the rest of the day.

Then Tristan realized that he didn't have an extra set of spare clothes. Shoot. I don't have any other clothes. He mentally put that on his to-do list - To make sure that he would bring an extra set of sleep wear with him, so as be prepared in any situation. I wonder what I'm gonna do. I need to bathe, change my clothes... gosh dangit. He leaned further back into the couch. It was such a small predicament, especially in this world, but to Tristan, hygiene mattered.

RPAs Frilly Ninja
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

It wasn't long before Orenas' mom came in and smiled at Tristan. "Welcome, was the trials fun? Are you hungry? What would you like to eat dear?" Marie smiled and came running up. Her mom just patted at her head and said, "go wash you're hands sweetie. Then you can have some bread and sitruis jam," just like that Marie went off to wash her hands. While Orenas' mom looked around, "now where is my other daughter? Surely she didn't leave you on your own." She said before realizing how tired he looked.

Her smile took on a warm motherly look to it, "oh dear. You look exhausted, what do you want to eat? Better to get some rest on a full stomach after all. If you need to use the shower, feel free to use ours. It shouldn't run out of stored water, we have had alot of rain this year." She said, before cutting off a slice of bread and covering it in jam. Which she handed to Marie when the girl came out of the bathroom.

Both Avatar and Signature was drawn by Issy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Before long, a mildly aged woman entered the house, and Tristan stood up. After she sent Marie off, Tristan nodded his head towards the tender, kind old lady. Hi, ma'am. My name is Tristan. I'm Orena's travelling friend... companion.... you know. I'm gonna assume that you're Orena's Mom, yeah? Tristan gave a smile as he was trying to label what sort of official friendship Orena and Tristan had.

Thank you for your hospitality. I appreciate it. Tristan nodded his head at the wonderful woman, as he felt slightly more welcome in this new place. As for Orena... She's pretty tired. We went to a mountainous place and fought two murderous Froslasses.... They were pretty strong. Tristan stopped for a second, contemplating on how they had even won the fight. But yeah... she must have been really tired, because she left Marie and I out here while she went to nap. Which is fine, of course. She's tired after all.

Tristan didn't realize he was monologueing, but continued. I'd love to take a shower here, but I unfortunately don't have any clothes with me. I'll probably just teleport home right quick and grab my stuff, then come back right after. He took a deep breath, as he'd just talked a lot. Mabye I should be more conscious sometimes of how much I talk.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25051525354 ... LastLast