Page 1 of 58 12351 ... LastLast

Thread: [PG-13] Pokemon: Rings of Destiny (IC)

August Member of the Month
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Default [PG-13] Pokemon: Rings of Destiny (IC)

Rules
    • You may have up to three characters.
    • A character can only catch up to one Pokemon per day (real days, not IC days). Any Pokemon the player encounters is equal to the highest level Pokemon in their party, to a maximum of 60, and a minimum of 5.
    • Pokemon can't gain more than a single level each day (real days, not IC days).
    • Make sure to include your location, in an easily seen location, in all your posts.
    • This RP is freeform. That means that characters do not rely on a GM to progress the story or post. Players are responsible for this.
    • The GM will occasionally do small side stories or missions, and will sometimes hand out rewards.
    • I reserve the right to change or edit these rules at any time.

Spoiler: Rewards 

Last edited by Mfable; 05-10-2018 at 03:54 PM.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Natalia sighed finally reaching her destination. Her body cracked as she walked off the faire, from now on everything was going to be different, a new slate, clean of any impurities of the past. The first coarse of action, she needed to do was get some food into her stomach, and then she can see if this Pokemon Center had an opening she could fill. Though, on the other hand, she did need to alert all of her brothers of her safe arrival, and again remind them she’s a full grown woman and is capable of protecting herself.

“Ok Hoenn be prepared to be tamed!” Natalia murmured skipping to the Pokemon Center.

The doors opened alerting all to her arrival with that annoying chime, which always seemed to driver her crazy. At the moment the phone was in use, so Natalia took this moment to check on Eris, her Fennekin. Eris so rarely is in her pokeball that whenever Natalia tries to stuff her in it, Eris tries her hardest to get away.

“Eris come on out.” Natalia sighed, tossing the small object to the floor.

“Oh my, what a beautiful Fennekin.” An elderly man muttered, walking up from the living quarter.

“Thank you,” Natalia smiled sweetly.

“Pardon me, my name is Leon Stone, I am one of the scientists of the region.” He smiled, sticking his hand out,

“Natalia Volkov, I’m a jobless Pokemon nurse.” Natalia chuckled.

She had just graduated, AND convinced her seven older brothers she was ready to explore the world.

“That’s great, we just lost one of the Nurse Joys, and honestly it would be nice to tell one of the nurses apart. I swear they just keep cloning the same woman over and over again.” The man chuckled, as he whispered the last bit. “And you’ll be a great experiment for this.” He said while he handed her a deep crimson colored watch. “Turn it on sweaty, I think you’ll enjoy it.”

Natalia smiled slightly, pressing and holding the power button on the side of the watch.

Last edited by AngelFire; 02-11-2016 at 05:18 AM.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Hana watched her Treecko running around with the other Warlord getting ready for morning training. It was still dark out, but in Ransei, warriors got up every morning with the sun to train. They were not trainers, but they had very similar duties to them here in Ransei. On a trip overseas, a year or so ago, she had even picked up a Pokedex from a professor. She had unknowingly entered his lab when lost, and the man took her for a new trainer, giving her a Pokedex. She corrected him, but he allowed her to keep it anyways.

Her Treecko, Trek, had been with her for ages, ever since she was a little girl. They have been inseparable ever since. They participated in a single Warlord competition, and took over Fontaine before being driven out by Ignis. They were fun events, but she and Trek did not last long. They needed more practice.

Just as the two were about to fight another Warlord and his Skiddo, a small man approached Hana. He wore a small scientist outfit and looked very nervous and very out of place where he was. He was obviously a foreigner. ”Excuse me sir, are you lost?” She beamed.

Ransei got many visitors, eager to witness the Warlord events and games. He did not seem so interested, though.

He went to open his mouth and speak, but then seemed to have a sudden inspiration. ”You know what, no, I don’t suppose I am. Here young lady, take this. It will connect you with others around the world.”

Hana protested, but the man refused to take back the gift, so Hana took it. The green watch looked interesting, though it had a weird gold ring. She pressed the power button and the screen lit up. It looked very similar to a normal watch, but there was a small options window next to the time. One was labeled ‘locations’. She clicked it and found it listed Greenleaf, but nothing else. She went back, clicking on the button labeled ‘persons’. It listed herself, and one other person. Some girl named Natalia. She clicked the person curiously.

A blue light washed over her and Trek, and suddenly she was not in Greenleaf anymore. This time she was in some place labeled Lilycove. Clicking on ‘locations’ again, Lilycove also appeared in the list. She looked around panicked, spotting none other than Natalia.

N-Natalia! W-what happened? Where am I?

Last edited by Mfable; 02-14-2016 at 07:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Shûi waved goodbye to his cousin just outside the door of his new house, where he had moved in to not two weeks ago. Mana, his cousin from Kalos region had helped him find a nice quiet place to live and study Pokemons in peace, without the overly strict parents to bother him and pester him to become a scientist instead of a breeder. Mana had had an aquintance in Lavarigde Town who had offered Shûi a small house with expansive garden from eastside of the town. Shûi and Mana, together with their Pokemons, had checked the offered place and Shûi had fallen in love with the place immediately. And his Torchic, Zel, had seemed to like the garden, so Shûi had happily signed a lease contract with the elderly man.

It had taken them a week to get all of Shûis stuff from his parents house, all the way to Lavaridge and organized neatly around the house. Once the moving was done, Mana had told that she had Shûi a small house warming gift and had given him a pokeball. What had been in the ball was a small Litwick. Shûi had at first tried to refuse such a big gift, but when the ghost/fire type Pokemon had managed to become good friends with his usually aloof and suspicious-of-strangers Torchic within minutes of being released from the ball, Shûi couldn't just say no anymore and had accepted a new member to his small household.

With a small sigh Shûi returned inside where Zel and his new Pokemon Litwick, who he had named Kamu, were playing around with something that looked like an item they shouldn't be playing around with. ”What have you got there, guys?” Zel chirped, picking up the item and offering it to the human. ”A watch?” Shûi frowned at the watch like item for a while, until he remembered it to being another gift he had gotten, this one being from the Gym Leader of Lavaridge Town. He had gotten it as a welcoming gift. Slumping down on to a sofa while Zel and Kamu continued playing with each other, this time chasing each other around the house in som form of tag, Shûi examined the watch, trying to figure out what was the special effect the Gym Leader had mentioned it to have.

He noted the screen having other options than just the time face and clicked on the one saying 'Locations'. ”A map of some sort?” Shrugging, he checked the other option saying 'Persons'. It had three names on it, his and two others. Frowning, he returned the screen to its time face and put the whole thing on the coffee table. With a stretch, he got up. ”Alright boys, how about we start working on the garden today?” With a smile he again stepped out of the house, followed by his companions and started wokring on ridding the garden of overgrowth of weeds.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Nothing happened at first, and of course it looked like a normal watch. Natalia blinked unsure what exactly she thought was going to happen when she turned on the watch, but this was anticlimactic at best. She smiled, looking up at the old man, before a bright light pierced her eyes, and just as quickly as it came it was over.

“You’re in Lilycover, Hoenn Region.” Natlia muttered, when she heard her name come from this perfect stranger. “How exactly do you know what my name is?” She questioned, glancing at the older man.

“She used her watch.” Mr. Stone chuckled at the confused glance he received in return. “The watch connects people around the world to each other. It is locked to this area, so you can always come home without having to find a person in that area. It also finds others who have the watch, and takes you to them if that’s what you want.” He smiled, pulling back his wrinkled face. “I’ll keep in touch, if you need anything here is my information.”

He handed Natalia a card, before leaving the two to their quiet air.

“I…ah…. Need to call my brothers.” Natalia muttered turning to the girl. “I’m sure you need to call loved ones too…”

When Natalia turned to the phone, another person ran up and started using it. Looks like that option went away.

“Looks like we’ll have time to talk after all.” Natalia sighed. “Tell me about yourself,” she smiled motioning to the couch nearest them.

Last edited by AngelFire; 02-12-2016 at 03:55 AM.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Lilycove, Hoenn

Hana sat next to Natalia. ”When I clicked on your picture in the persons section of the watch I was transported here, somehow.” He sighed. ”We are a long way from home. We live in Greenleaf, over in the Ransei region. It is a beautiful place filled with many grass Pokemon and vast plains of trees and flowers. Our capital is a huge greenhouse where we grow many plants.” She smiles brightly.

”I am one of the Warlords there. We are a lot like trainers, but we participate in grand battles with several people on each side. It’s like a warzone, but we are all just doing friendly battles. The attacker, if successful, gets to claim the capital of the loser. They will live there until they are ordered somewhere else or until another force claims them. It is fun, and interesting.” She giggles.

As the two sat there, their watches made a little chirp noise. Checking her watch Hana said, ”Oh my, someone named Shui is connected now. He’s in Hoenn too. Want to go bother him?” Curiosity was now evident on her face. She had never had so much adventure since she had visited Hoenn once when she was younger.

Last edited by Mfable; 02-14-2016 at 07:31 PM.

Wherever the eagle people from lord of the rings live, i bet that place is cool and stuff
    I haven'treally developed a favorite yet so I guess i'll put to be continued......
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

In the early morning, the sprout tower swayed back and forth as it always did. And not much happened just as always. The monks performed their same morning routines of meditation and training. Being a young man in such an environment was less than interesting. Sal had moved in with his grandfather and helped around the tower in return for a place to stay. At first, Sal was happy with his arrangement, however as Sal got older, he got more and more opposed to the life of a monk. He didn't resent his grandfather, but his lifestyle was less than appealing. Sal had mentioned his aspirations to become a world class breeder before, however the old man never really made much of it. Not to Sal anyway. Sal kicked the air as he continued sweeping and doing his morning chores. The monks never seemed to sleep, so Sal had to get up early and got to bed late constantly. Had it not been for his friend Rita, his Budew and his only connection to his Mom. Before Sal left home, his mother gave him a parting gift, a pokemon so he wouldn't be totally alone. His mother was a former ace trainer who competed in the Indigo, Hoen, and Sinnoh leagues. Sal loved his mother, but she was constantly on the move and as a kid, it's hard to constantly be on the move. So, she agreed when Sal turned 14, he could move in with his grandfather. Rita was an egg from her mothers Roserade which had just showed up one day. His mom didn't really question it much, and thus Rita was raised to be Sal's partner. While a little mischievous for a Budew, Rita's always there through the good and bad.

As the day went on, Sal decided that Rita should get some time out of her pokeball. "Alright, come have some fun." He said pushing the button on his ball and releasing her. Rita smiled and began running in circles laughing. Sal chuckled a bit before getting back to work.

As Lunch rolled around, a few of the monks came to Sal. "Master Sal, your grandfather requests your presence at the top floor." They said. Sal sighed and pushed the broom against the wall.

"Alright, what's the matter?" Sal asked. The monks looked around at each other.

"Well, we're unsure ourselves. The master has been in deep thought all morning." Sal pondered this. His grandfather was usually pretty forward about things and easy to read. Wasn't much of the mysterious type.

"Alright, let's get going Rita." He said to the Budew.

Rita cried "Bu DEW!" And jumped onto Sal's shoulder as they made their way to the top level.

As the entered his grandfathers room, there were a few things off that Sal noticed. First off, he smelt incense. The old man didn't burn incense unless something special happened. Second, the candles were dimmed,(which doesn't even make sense)was he about to perform some dark ritual? Sal laughed to himself picturing the old man as some chaotic dark sage. Sal kneeled as he approached.

"You wanted me gramps?" He asked.

"Heheh...your so improper..just like your mother." Gramps said. He wasn't lookin at Sal. He was staring up at the ceiling. Sal looked puzzled.

"Is something wrong?" He asked.

"...mmm...not like you think. Sal, you remember your dream of course?" Gramps asked.

"Well yea, not really something you forget." Sal said still puzzled. This was very unlike his Grandfather.

"Sal, would you like to leave? See the world?Live your dream?" The old man asked. His gaze still fixated up.Sal gave an even more puzzled look.

"Well, o-ofcourse bu-" He was cut off by the old man who now made eye contact. Gramps was smiling.

"Sal, at first I had wanted you to stay here. Wanted you to take the life of a monk." He began. " When your mother sent you here, I didn't want the world to hurt you like it did her. Make sure you didn't follow in your father's footsteps." The old man continued. Sal always hated when the past before he was born was brought up. "But...I can see it in your eyes.....your not happy are you?" He asked.

Sal pondered the question before responding. "I....I still have to help you gramps....the tower needs-" Sal was cut off as his grandfather raised his palm. Rita, who had been sitting on his shoulder, now went from cheerful to confused. She didn't understand what was going on. Sal began to tense up.

"Sal," The old man began. "I may be old but I'm not inept. And I'm not your ball and chain. I've also received a gift recently from an old friend." He said as he pulled out a cool looking watch from his pocket. "This is also for you."

"But Gramps, what are you-"

"Thats all I have to say Sal." He was still smiling and looking at Sal. "Leave the tower. Go. Don't waste your life doing something you don't love." And with that the old man turned and knelled in meditation.

"Gramps?" Sal asked. The old man didn't respond. He placed the watch between the two before sitting. Sal slowly moved towards the Ring Watch. He bent down and read the front of it. "Ring Watch." Sal looked at the watch, then at Gramps, then back at the watch."Thanks....Gramps." Sal nodded as he put on the watch. Rita looked worried and nudged Sal's face.

"Deeew. Bu dew?" She cried. Sal patted her head. and he began to make his way down towards his room.

"It's okay Rita. He'll be fine. Lets go get packed. We can leave in the middle of the night." Sal looked down towards the watch again. "I won't let you down Gramps. Promise."

Last edited by MHCreed; 02-12-2016 at 04:07 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________

My pokemanz

Pokemon Rings of Destiny Team:

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lillycove, Hoenn --> Lavaridge, Hoenn

Natalia listened intently while the other female spoke. Warlord’s most defiantly sounded interest, and Natalia indeed thought the idea and practices were fun. Though she very much liked the way things were here. These watches would come in handy with many things, especially exposing her to new Pokemon, and saving those Pokemon from unworthy trainers.

“Your home sounds wonderfully beautiful.” She smiled “Yes let’s, spread the news of transporters.”

Natalia chuckled, touching the people button on her watch. Sending a curious glance to Hanna, she touched the name Shui, would anything happen this time? A bright light surrounded her, before just as quickly it died off. Natalia glanced around, taking in her surrounds.

“Shui I presume.” She smiled, glancing at the boy. “My name is Natalia, I am here from Lillycove, it's very nice to meet you.” She stepped off to the side. "Hanna should be joining us soon."

Last edited by AngelFire; 02-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Fantasy, Sci-Fi
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Lilycove, Hoenn -> Lavaridege, Hoenn

Hana giggled very girly, then was suddenly shocked by the bright light that enveloped Natalia. She wasn’t there anymore! Although it had happened to her, she still had some trouble believing it. Is this what is was like to have an Abra that could teleport everywhere?

She picked up her Treecko and hugged him tightly. He resisted at first, pushing on her arm and attempting to wiggle free. Eventually he just gave up and rag-dolled, hanging there all limp-like. She took the opportunity to press the name Shui, noting another name appear almost in the same instant.

Once in the new place she looked around, smiling at Natalia. ”Natalia! There is another one! Someone named Sal! Want to visit him, too?”

Last edited by Mfable; 02-14-2016 at 07:31 PM.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Lavaridge, Hoenn -->Violet City, Johto

Natalia glanced around the again looking for Eris. The small fox like creature shook, very uncomfortable with the quick travel, almost as much as being in the cramped pokeball. Natalia chuckled, picking the ball of puff before glancing back to the Shui. Natailia leaned over the boy, and pressed the people button, and low and behold there were now four people on the watch. She smiled at the young man, going back to her up right position.

“We should kill two birds with one stone, Shui if I may.” Natalia stretched for a moment. “Let’s all three meet up at…..Violet City. Shui, just press this Sal’s picture and it’ll send you to him. This way we don’t need to repeat all the information too many times. See you soon.”

Even though Eris didn’t like the idea of traveling in a blink of an eye, she relaxed into Natalia’s arms, knowing she’ll be safe as long as they were together. Natalia pressed Sal’s picture, and once again she disappeared in a blinding light.

“Hello Sal, before you freak out, my name is Natalia and this is Eris. Hanna and Shui should be here soon, and I’ll explain everything as soon as that happens. Until then, how are you?”

Page 1 of 58 12351 ... LastLast