Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's Discuss! (Ke$ha)

Enchantress of Men
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's also the added fact. That in a majority of the cases, women are abused by family and close friends. Imagine reporting it and having your whole or part of your family turn against you because you're tearing them apart. It's much easier to report an abuse if it's by some unknown guy or even an associate. But if it's a family member, it's like a personal betrayal against them (not even acknowledging their betrayal against you).

And to a lot of people. In that case, it's just not worth destroying your family.

Demonic Princess
    Favourite Roleplay Genres
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I kinda wanted to add this on top of what N said, getting a SAFE kit done isn't a walk in the park. It can feel very degrading for someone who went through something traumatic. You get stripped down, swabbed, combed and much more. Can you imagine how degrading it would feel to anyone who had just been forced to do something against their will?

I dislike reading people who say "The victim should go immediately to the police and report the crime, then subject themselves to a SAFE kit." some victims are scared to speak out on what has happened to them due to the consequences of society.

I can understand Kesha's perspective, she also might not have had the nerve to go against someone so powerful. Let's be real: he basically owns Kesha's career. She might have the mindset of "What can I do against someone like him?" Fear can motivate silence.

3Spooky5U
    Science Fiction/Slice of Life/Fandom
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

But, did the guy really do it?

Griffin / Gumbo / Gambit / Griff

Demonic Princess
    I LIKE: General, Fantasy but not scifi, Romance, I love to love, I love school RPs too!
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Could he have? Maybe. Did he? I honestly don't know. It's her word against his. But that blaming a victim is not the way to go about this. Think of Cosby and all his victims who have been horribly criticized for finally speaking out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

No one is blaming the victim, it's just a different point of view that needs to be looked at.

Queen of Awesome
    Horror, Fantasy, Love
    Mentioned
    293 Post(s)

The whole situation is just pretty sad. If he did what Ke$ha says he did? string him up! If she's making it up? there needs to be some repercussion to her attempt to ruin him. I tend to agree however, that the victim is under no one's time schedule but themselves to come forward. Some people can't just be that forthcoming with issues of this nature. Everyone deals with trauma in their own way. Some people fight things head on, some can't do that. Each person has their own process and needs to be allowed to go through it. Some need help to get there, and that's ok too.

Didn't the same type of situation happen to the singer JoJo? another female artist that had claims against her record label? they pretty much locked her out of recording as well, for some undetermined amount of time.. details are fuzzy.

Either way, I kinda feel bad for Ke$ha, it's not going to end well for a really long time. How long is she under contract with Sony? She'll be stuck waiting it out.

I did hear on the radio today the Taylor Swift gave her 250,000 to help her out... wish I had a friend like that!
    Spoiler: Looking for a Roleplay? Just click it! 

Help us Help you! Vote for RPA -Daily!

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I was just about to say that Merry. Taylor Swift did in fact give 250,000 dollars to Kesha in order to help pay for some of the expenses. This case has been going on since fall of 2014.

Arch-angel of Epica
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)

Demonic Princess
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Wll she is going to have to buy herself out of her contract. So yeah she is going to need a lot of money.

July Member of the Month
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

As a person who was raped, it's hard to even talk about. I've had 11 years of therpy and I still haven't talked about it to my mom. It's one of the most horrific issues I've ever delbt with. My boy friend still suffers for what my cousins friend did to me. I still dont have the strength to confront him, and I know I am endangering evey child around him, but emotionally I am not strong enough to stand against him. So yes I can understand people waiting.

Yes this is an issue, where victoms don't speak out, but reading everyone's reponses I can see why most don't. Society puts a lot of blame on the victom and even when it is proven, they'd still believe the assailant over the victim. Im not saying he's guilty, I stand with the law, but maybe don't make assumptions on her behavior when you haven't been through the situation yourself.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast